Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, what an evening that was 08:50 - Feb 3 with 2314 viewskarnataka

Set off without my wallet & ticket at 4.15pm, went back home then picked up a couple of mates en route.

Got to M5 J2 at 6.40pm and could just see the floodlights of the ground.

Got to J1 @ 8 bloody 20pm, an hour an 40 minutes to go 2.3 fecking miles ffs

Missed the first 40 minutes but was in time to see Ki stretchered off which wasn't a nice start. Hope he's ok.

Had to watch West Brom for 50 minutes which was just dreadful.

Then the final kick in the nuts, some bright spark had decided that it would be a good idea to close the M5 and divert all southbound traffic on to the M42 heading east towards Warwick before coming off @J2 then doubling back to come off @ J1 and heading south through Bromsgrove to get back on the M5. I'd love to know who thought that one up. Nose to tail crawl for 8 miles.

Ended up getting home just after 1am instead of about 12.15am but I suspect there were many who got home later.

Only saving grace was that I'd missed 40 minutes of West Brom. What a fecking horrible horrible side. I'd slit my wrists if I had to watch that every week. Don't think even Pulis' Stoke were as bad as that. Never had anything against them as a club particularly but I really hope they go down playing like that. The ball was never on the deck in our half of the pitch. We did well to play some lovely stuff at times and a shame we didn't hang on for the 3 points like we did at Goodison.

How were other folks' evenings? Better than mine I hope?
Well, what an evening that was on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 2293 viewsPintado

I had a lovely curry and was in bed by about 11pm, gutted about the score in the end as so late, but at start of day, would I have taken a point, probably 😀

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Well, what an evening that was on 08:56 - Feb 3 with 2272 viewsEasternJack

That's what you get for taking the p1ss out of my 1:30am ko time ;)

My evening was good until the last 30 seconds.... was so wound up that I ended up only going to sleep at 6am.

Work is going to be tough today
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 8:58]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Well, what an evening that was on 09:00 - Feb 3 with 2250 viewsPegojack

You need to let the train take the strain, Dave.

We parked up in the Railway Inn, Kiddy at 5.30pm, had a nice meal and couple of pints, walked around the corner to Kiddy station for a direct train to the Hawthorns at 6.40pm. In the ground at 7.45pm. Reverse trip on way home, tucked up in bed at midnight.
Well, what an evening that was on 09:06 - Feb 3 with 2223 viewskarnataka

Well, what an evening that was on 08:56 - Feb 3 by EasternJack

That's what you get for taking the p1ss out of my 1:30am ko time ;)

My evening was good until the last 30 seconds.... was so wound up that I ended up only going to sleep at 6am.

Work is going to be tough today
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 8:58]

Funny you should say that! The 1.30ko comment honestly did cross my mind while we stuck in traffic. What time did you actually get home.
Well, what an evening that was on 09:10 - Feb 3 with 2201 viewsGretsch

Set off at 3 got there by 5:20, nice little area for a beer and pastie next to the ground, the Greggs complex, really set up well.

A Greggs selling the usual, a couple of bars and a burger van, big tent to keep you warm (ish), litter pickers picking up rubbish as soon as it fell, really nice.

WBA bar area pretty good, strange to see a wooden laminate floor in a football ground though.

Think the result was a fair one in all, just absolutely gutting to take that late goal.

Ah well 7 out of 9, compares with the best.
Well, what an evening that was on 10:35 - Feb 3 with 1979 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We thought we had loads of time for something to eat and a glass or two before the game but got in as they kicked off.

Finally got home at 1.30am very hungry and still gutted even though we would have taken the point at 8pm.

Still, the signs are promising. There's movement in the team again and Paloschi looks a very good player who will bring out the best in others. Siggy looks a different player since Gomis has been on the bench - no coincidence.

Not surprised by the boos from the home crowd that stayed to the end in spite of their late goal. Pulisball is not going down well with many and you can't blame them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well, what an evening that was on 10:39 - Feb 3 with 1956 viewsicecoldjack

YJB..
Well, what an evening that was on 10:41 - Feb 3 with 1946 viewsandrew

Yeh I got to that m5 junction at about 6pm made it to the car park at 7.20.
Got back at 2amafter the diversion that went round the m40, cars were going back down to the m5, so I thought the half a mile of traffic was for bromdgrove.

Turns out I went back up the m5 took 10 mins to get back to the m40 and the queue was about 5 miles long, I cut about 4 miles of it by going in the outside lane.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Well, what an evening that was on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 1842 viewsJackFish

Would have been nice to have some advance warning that the m5 was going to be closed, we ended up going down to Eversham/Tewkewsbuy on the A46 which wasn't too bad. I utterly buggered my knee celebrating Siggy's goal though.
Well, what an evening that was on 12:03 - Feb 3 with 1748 viewskarnataka

Well, what an evening that was on 11:12 - Feb 3 by JackFish

Would have been nice to have some advance warning that the m5 was going to be closed, we ended up going down to Eversham/Tewkewsbuy on the A46 which wasn't too bad. I utterly buggered my knee celebrating Siggy's goal though.

Agree, you'd think there would have been some signage somewhere about it but what annoyed me is if they'd just diverted M5 southbound traffic off at J4 so it could go the 1.5 miles down the A38 to cross the M42 @ J1, it wouldn't have had to go all the way along to J2 and then back to J1 just to get onto the A38 in the first place and that is a completely unnecessary 9 miles. Ridiculous.
Well, what an evening that was on 13:40 - Feb 3 with 1588 viewsherbie

At least you lot got there! I was stuck in a meeting in Swansea from 9 am until 8.15pm! Had to give my ticket to another season ticket holder and listen to the game on the radio on my way home after the meeting!
Well, what an evening that was on 14:09 - Feb 3 with 1529 viewsEasternJack

Well, what an evening that was on 09:06 - Feb 3 by karnataka

Funny you should say that! The 1.30ko comment honestly did cross my mind while we stuck in traffic. What time did you actually get home.

Ok. Maybe I wasn't clear. 1:30am was actually right for me - I was watching it on TV in India.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Well, what an evening that was on 14:18 - Feb 3 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

Despite being our nearest ground West Brom is not a place to cut it fine when travelling to. I had the same problem. You just sit there on the flyover looking at the lights of the ground for over an hour. Last time I went there it was so bad they delayed kick off. I ended up having a pee in the bushes on the roundabout off the slip road. How plod didn't arrest me I will never know! The M5/ M6 is an absolute disaster and needs billions spent on it.
Unlike our Billion pound road to circumnavigate two tunnels where the traffic is never as bad and existing roads could be developed anyway. (Sorry to chuck the politics bit in at the end). ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024