Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Directors on twitter 14:01 - Feb 4 with 5236 viewsshandyjack

Was mentioned on the JJS thread but i am getting really embarrassed by the tweets these twits are sending out ref other clubs and their demise/squad strentgh etc.
I understand they are fans like us but i think they should be more professional with their tweets concerning football related matters.

Is this something that could be put to them,as one director seems intent on arguing with fans on twitter with even the slightest criticism

Poll: Expectation for the season

Directors on twitter on 14:27 - Feb 5 with 911 viewswaynekerr55

Directors on twitter on 14:02 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Nah - the problem is that they don't take it seriously enough.

Lot of talk in top level sports about marginal gains. Now just ask yourself if this episode is likely to lead to marginally more effort or marginally less effort from JJS. And then ask yourself whether we actually should be helping a relegation rival however marginally, to up their performance to 'prove a point'.

Second time in a month this sort of thing has happened. We have a classy management team in place let down by some classless board members. No other club denigrates opponents in this way.

And yes, I get the whole 'but they're fans just like us' bit. Apart from they're not are they, as evidenced by these same people refusing to sell shares to the trust.
As I've said before, it's my opinion that there is a whole load of unwarranted hubris at this club and unless it stops and we lose some arrogance, it'll bite us on the backside.

This whole thing is about the only "by fans for fans" thing in recent times

You're spot on Lisa. It's amateur and churlish

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Directors on twitter on 14:28 - Feb 5 with 906 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 14:27 - Feb 5 by waynekerr55

This whole thing is about the only "by fans for fans" thing in recent times

You're spot on Lisa. It's amateur and churlish

I also concur it's piss poor and embarrassing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Directors on twitter on 14:33 - Feb 5 with 900 viewsHighjack

He's a grown man he shouldn't be on Twitter in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Directors on twitter on 14:35 - Feb 5 with 892 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 14:33 - Feb 5 by Highjack

He's a grown man he shouldn't be on Twitter in the first place.

Twitter can be very good Hije.

Directors on twitter on 14:39 - Feb 5 with 887 viewsHighjack

I thought it was primarily for stalking celebrities and making up fake football rumours?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Directors on twitter on 14:40 - Feb 5 with 882 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 14:39 - Feb 5 by Highjack

I thought it was primarily for stalking celebrities and making up fake football rumours?

Nah it can be very interesting.

Directors on twitter on 14:42 - Feb 5 with 879 viewsHighjack

I think it's too dangerous for me, I'd probably end up being the guy in the papers jailed for calling Blair a c unt repeatedly.

Directors on twitter on 14:44 - Feb 5 with 876 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 14:42 - Feb 5 by Highjack

I think it's too dangerous for me, I'd probably end up being the guy in the papers jailed for calling Blair a c unt repeatedly.

Fair point.

Login to get fewer ads

Directors on twitter on 16:12 - Feb 5 with 838 viewsyescomeon

Directors on twitter on 14:02 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Nah - the problem is that they don't take it seriously enough.

Lot of talk in top level sports about marginal gains. Now just ask yourself if this episode is likely to lead to marginally more effort or marginally less effort from JJS. And then ask yourself whether we actually should be helping a relegation rival however marginally, to up their performance to 'prove a point'.

Second time in a month this sort of thing has happened. We have a classy management team in place let down by some classless board members. No other club denigrates opponents in this way.

And yes, I get the whole 'but they're fans just like us' bit. Apart from they're not are they, as evidenced by these same people refusing to sell shares to the trust.
As I've said before, it's my opinion that there is a whole load of unwarranted hubris at this club and unless it stops and we lose some arrogance, it'll bite us on the backside.

He is one voice out of many who will be slating JJS. I'm sure Newcastle fans will say much worse on twitter. I buy the other arguments more than this marginal gains one.

Upthecity!

Directors on twitter on 16:32 - Feb 5 with 813 viewsFlashberryjack

Directors on twitter on 16:12 - Feb 5 by yescomeon

He is one voice out of many who will be slating JJS. I'm sure Newcastle fans will say much worse on twitter. I buy the other arguments more than this marginal gains one.

" I'm sure Newcastle fans will say much worse on twitter "
I'm sure they will,........but I'm pretty sure their directors won't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Directors on twitter on 16:39 - Feb 5 with 796 viewslondonlisa2001

Directors on twitter on 16:12 - Feb 5 by yescomeon

Newcastle fans will indeed.

No members of their board will.

And you may be right about it not giving JJS an extra incentive. But it would if it was me being laughed at by my former employer.
Directors on twitter on 16:40 - Feb 5 with 795 viewslondonlisa2001

Directors on twitter on 16:32 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

" I'm sure Newcastle fans will say much worse on twitter "
I'm sure they will,........but I'm pretty sure their directors won't.

Sorry - didn't see your post when I replied pretty much exactly the same !!
Directors on twitter on 17:44 - Feb 5 with 754 viewsyescomeon

Directors on twitter on 16:39 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

And you may be right about it not giving JJS an extra incentive. But it would if it was me being laughed at by my former employer.

If it was me it would have the opposite effect, then if that is the case for Jjs then it could be a positive thing

Upthecity!

Directors on twitter on 18:28 - Feb 5 with 730 viewslondonlisa2001

Directors on twitter on 17:44 - Feb 5 by yescomeon

If it was me it would have the opposite effect, then if that is the case for Jjs then it could be a positive thing

What? It's positive for us is it if JJS ups his game?

And you are saying that if your past employer slagged you off it would make you try less hard? Really?
Directors on twitter on 18:46 - Feb 5 with 708 viewsdougie

Directors on twitter on 16:39 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

They may not at the moment but if my memory serves me right didn't a certain Newcastle chairman get taped in a spanish ' nightclub ' boasting about ripping his own fans off with overpriced shirts :-)
Directors on twitter on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 600 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 18:46 - Feb 5 by dougie

They may not at the moment but if my memory serves me right didn't a certain Newcastle chairman get taped in a spanish ' nightclub ' boasting about ripping his own fans off with overpriced shirts :-)

Oh FFS how does that compare?

Directors on twitter on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 599 viewsHighjack

Directors on twitter on 18:28 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

What? It's positive for us is it if JJS ups his game?

And you are saying that if your past employer slagged you off it would make you try less hard? Really?

Last time he was slagged off he wanted a fight in a car park. He doesn't seem the type to be spurred on by criticism. He's more likely to lash out at someone.

Directors on twitter on 18:50 - Feb 5 with 598 viewsdougie

Directors on twitter on 18:49 - Feb 5 by Darran

Oh FFS how does that compare?

It doesn't ;-). But imagine if they had twitter in those days. He would have been comedy gold.
Directors on twitter on 18:57 - Feb 5 with 588 viewslondonlisa2001

Directors on twitter on 18:50 - Feb 5 by dougie

It doesn't ;-). But imagine if they had twitter in those days. He would have been comedy gold.

If one of our board was secretly taped criticising another team's signings or players that's one thing and people would understand. Our lot post it.

Someone told me a long time ago to never post something on social media you wouldn't want to be seen on the front page of a national newspaper. Good advice.
Directors on twitter on 18:59 - Feb 5 with 582 viewsDarran

Directors on twitter on 18:57 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

If one of our board was secretly taped criticising another team's signings or players that's one thing and people would understand. Our lot post it.

Someone told me a long time ago to never post something on social media you wouldn't want to be seen on the front page of a national newspaper. Good advice.

What about page 3?

Directors on twitter on 19:14 - Feb 5 with 565 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lock your Twitter account so you can control who sees your stuff. Then when you say stupid things to famous people or call your employers nasty names they won't actually be able to read it.

There's a top social media tip you can have for free.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 19:24]

Poll: Tory leader

Directors on twitter on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 556 viewslondonlisa2001

Directors on twitter on 19:14 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

Lock your Twitter account so you can control who sees your stuff. Then when you say stupid things to famous people or call your employers nasty names they won't actually be able to read it.

There's a top social media tip you can have for free.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 19:24]

But then how could anyone see when you retweet someone saying how brilliant you are ;-)
Directors on twitter on 19:21 - Feb 5 with 549 viewsexiledclaseboy

Directors on twitter on 19:17 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

But then how could anyone see when you retweet someone saying how brilliant you are ;-)

Well quite. It depends what someone values most - their ego or their job. Or not looking like a tw*t in front of potentially millions of other users. Twitter can be great when it's used properly. In the wrong hands it's a dangerous tool.

Poll: Tory leader

Directors on twitter on 19:26 - Feb 5 with 537 viewsdougie

Directors on twitter on 19:17 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

I just checked the 3 of them. Christ jvs has 16000 followers and account is open. Dineen has his account locked. Cooze shows no tweets or anything. I'm not sure what that means
Directors on twitter on 19:33 - Feb 5 with 522 viewswaynekerr55

Directors on twitter on 19:21 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

Well quite. It depends what someone values most - their ego or their job. Or not looking like a tw*t in front of potentially millions of other users. Twitter can be great when it's used properly. In the wrong hands it's a dangerous tool.

Bang on the money Classy. I may even have to follow you 😛👀

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024