Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore 20:38 - Feb 4 with 7604 viewsjackharris

Looking good! Excellent facility. Let's get it used on Matchday for the supporters with children's entertainment and bar facilities! Like the Scarlets do at theirs!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 20:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The New Barn at Landore on 13:30 - Feb 5 with 2617 viewsClinton

The New Barn at Landore on 11:58 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Instead of wasting money on those crappy scanners at turnstiles, they should of fenced off an area around the perimeter where you could scan in & then have a fanzone inside.

Could of had a can bar/fan zone so the club got the money instead of Harvester/Frankie & Bennys.

I love this thought. Harvester/F&B must make an absolute fortune on match days. Radical idea: the fan zone could actually serve a decent pint like Gower Gold.
It gets me that there are now some decent beers being brewed locally and we still insist on serving up the same old rubbish in the stadium. I know its a "stadium" rather than "club" matter, but really we should be supporting local businesses like Gower Brewery.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The New Barn at Landore on 13:35 - Feb 5 with 2610 viewsPrivate_Partz

The New Barn at Landore on 13:30 - Feb 5 by Clinton

I love this thought. Harvester/F&B must make an absolute fortune on match days. Radical idea: the fan zone could actually serve a decent pint like Gower Gold.
It gets me that there are now some decent beers being brewed locally and we still insist on serving up the same old rubbish in the stadium. I know its a "stadium" rather than "club" matter, but really we should be supporting local businesses like Gower Brewery.

I agree with this. The food vendors should be local as well. Apparently Gower Gold is sold in the Riverside and other corporate areas. Having said that they struggle with keg beer below the concourses. God knows how they would manage with real ale.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 2605 viewsWingstandwood

Out of interest cos I've never been in there? What is the surface area area inside that barn is it approx the same as one standard-sized football pitch as it looks like in the picture? Or is there additional playing or practicing surface area also?

Argus!

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:35 - Feb 5 with 2514 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 13:36 - Feb 5 by Wingstandwood

Out of interest cos I've never been in there? What is the surface area area inside that barn is it approx the same as one standard-sized football pitch as it looks like in the picture? Or is there additional playing or practicing surface area also?

According to the Planning Aplication the Barn is 71mx43m. The picth inside the barn is 60mx40m taking into account run off areas inside the Barn

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/planningsearch

24/03/2015 2015/0565 Swansea City Football Club Academy, Landore, Swansea, SA1 2FA FINAL DECISION

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:37 - Feb 5 with 2510 viewsDevz00

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 13:36 - Feb 5 by Wingstandwood

Yeah its about a standard football pitch size with a bit of extra room around the sides to watch. Plus it has an elevated viewing area at one end where the changing rooms etc are.

It's enough room for two 6-a-side pitches width ways.

I think there's an outdoor training area as well then.

Better pic -

EDIT - website says its 70x40m. So slightly smaller than a full size football pitch.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 15:43]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:48 - Feb 5 with 2490 viewslondonlisa2001

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:37 - Feb 5 by Devz00

Yeah its about a standard football pitch size with a bit of extra room around the sides to watch. Plus it has an elevated viewing area at one end where the changing rooms etc are.

It's enough room for two 6-a-side pitches width ways.

I think there's an outdoor training area as well then.

Better pic -

EDIT - website says its 70x40m. So slightly smaller than a full size football pitch.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 15:43]

Quite a lot smaller - the Liberty is 105m x 68m (it was changed a couple of years ago to become the new 'standard' premier league size).

You'd think the barn would be the same size. Assume the outdoor pitches are the same size as the stadium itself.
The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:53 - Feb 5 with 2475 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There was not room on the site for a full size indoor barn.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:54 - Feb 5 with 2469 viewsDevz00

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:48 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Quite a lot smaller - the Liberty is 105m x 68m (it was changed a couple of years ago to become the new 'standard' premier league size).

You'd think the barn would be the same size. Assume the outdoor pitches are the same size as the stadium itself.

The pic is the Scarlets barn. Not sure if there's some confusion here.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 15:55]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 16:05 - Feb 5 with 2450 viewslondonlisa2001

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:53 - Feb 5 by felixstowe_jack

There was not room on the site for a full size indoor barn.

Makes sense.

I guess they use it for drills etc and when they want to replicate full pitch they just move outside anyway.
The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 16:11 - Feb 5 with 2440 viewsjack247

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 21:31 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Yeah, but we should have spent that money on players wages and not wasted it on facilities that will benefit the club for decades to come.

Or something.

Or signed a half tidy striker instead of Gomis on normal wages without a big signing on fee. We could have built 2 barns and an academy and not been in relegation danger.
The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 16:38 - Feb 5 with 2408 viewsWingstandwood

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 15:48 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Thanks for the replies from both yourself, Felixtowe_jack and Devz00!......Much appreciated!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 16:46]

Argus!

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 18:57 - Feb 5 with 2346 viewsmax936

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 21:09 - Feb 4 by jackharris

It is an Aussie model called Lara Bingle, who was once the partner of Michael Clarke!

Camel toe!

My word. Michael Clarke dropped a right dolly there.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 22:43 - Feb 5 with 2225 viewsKilkennyjack

I thought only Tony Pennock could build academy stuff for us ? This thread must be wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 23:18 - Feb 5 with 2178 viewsBoundy

U12's are playing v Cardiff 's Sunday morning , strictly behind closed doors though

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 23:24 - Feb 5 with 2173 viewsChief

The New Swansea City Academy Barn Landore on 10:01 - Feb 5 by Devz00

We play in a 6-a-side league there on a Sunday too. It's in use a hell of a lot.

I played in the Cardiff City House of Sport the other day too, with work. It seems to be where the academy train, next to Legoland. Not sure if the first team use it, but again, it's made good use of.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 10:03]

I play there on a Sunday. Not sure you can class what you do there on a sunday as 'playing' though Devz

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024