Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans plan Walkout 17:16 - Feb 5 with 2869 viewsOldjack

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/liverpool-fans-plan-first-ever-walkout-prote

if there's gonna be a huge increase from TV revenue ,why ?
You're not a fan anymore just a customer
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 17:18]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:26 - Feb 5 with 2146 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm afraid you're right........were are just customers that pay to come and watch their product, illustrated perfectly when some of our fans had flashing advertising boards thrust in their faces.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:36 - Feb 5 with 2121 viewsGlyn1

They'll never walk out alone.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 17:37]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 2073 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Can't stand Pool and I really wish I could root for the opposition, but it's Sunderland. So I hope when they walk out the game is already in the bag.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:48 - Feb 5 with 2065 viewsjackportis

I'm sure there is a large waiting list for tickets up there. If those that don't want to pay then don't go. Simple as that. Same for all football clubs.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 2053 viewsoldcob

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:48 - Feb 5 by jackportis

I'm sure there is a large waiting list for tickets up there. If those that don't want to pay then don't go. Simple as that. Same for all football clubs.

Unfortunately you're right.
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 2049 viewsHighjack

With my experience of Anfield if they're losing they'll all be gone well before that anyway.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 2035 viewsOldjack

Well that's just typical init , Poor people who struggle to make ends meet who've watched their beloved team all their lives just get tossed aside for the rich glory hunting chunts ,makes me wanna

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:22 - Feb 5 with 1953 viewssherpajacob

This isn't black and white.

£77 is the top price ticket, and the people that pay this because it comes with a free prawn sandwich, and a chat with tommy smith at half time, go some way to subsidizing cheaper tickets for other fans.

The new TV money is obviously going to end up in players pockets

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:24 - Feb 5 with 1944 viewslondonlisa2001

That's a ridiculous attitude though. Why should people who've supported the club for generations be unable to watch a game just because someone rich from China, Russia, Norway, wherever, has the money and fancies a day out because football has become trendy for a few years?

Football has to have some social conscience and link to the community in which it exists. It's not purely a business. And even just as a business, it's very short sighted to p*** off your loyal customers at the expense of some wealthier Johnny come lately. Because when the success fades, or the next big thing comes along, you're left with no one.
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:26 - Feb 5 with 1934 viewslondonlisa2001

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:22 - Feb 5 by sherpajacob

This isn't black and white.

£77 is the top price ticket, and the people that pay this because it comes with a free prawn sandwich, and a chat with tommy smith at half time, go some way to subsidizing cheaper tickets for other fans.

The new TV money is obviously going to end up in players pockets

It only 'obviously ends up in players' pockets' because the clubs don't collectively decide that it won't.

It doesn't in Germany for example.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 18:38]
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:32 - Feb 5 with 1911 viewshobo

Well done to their fans
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:39 - Feb 5 with 1885 viewsNogginthenog

At least they can check their hubcaps early. Incoming!!
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 19:14 - Feb 5 with 1809 viewsJackfath

Leave on the 77th minute. Some of our "fans" would be long gone by then anyway.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 20:19 - Feb 5 with 1699 viewslonglostjack

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:26 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

It only 'obviously ends up in players' pockets' because the clubs don't collectively decide that it won't.

German clubs show far more respect for their fans than most Premier League clubs. They know that without the grassroots fans the game will ultimately die.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 21:59 - Feb 5 with 1597 viewsjackportis

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:26 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the prices are justified. It costs a fortune especially if a small group or family go. On top of this u have transport costs food perhaps. The point I made was that there will be streams of people who will be happy to pay and go instead. Makes one think that a smaller local team should get support.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 10:59 - Feb 6 with 1331 viewsEasternJack

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 21:59 - Feb 5 by jackportis

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the prices are justified. It costs a fortune especially if a small group or family go. On top of this u have transport costs food perhaps. The point I made was that there will be streams of people who will be happy to pay and go instead. Makes one think that a smaller local team should get support.

The key word here is "instead". These seats that Liverpool are selling at this price are new seats with a premium package. Nobody is being forced/priced out.

Unfortunately this all comes with the territory of playing in the EPL - you can't have it both ways.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 1277 viewsAyewSerious

Too many people are accepting of this disease that has entered the game, not being happy with prices is seen as not being a true fan. Its ridiculous.

No ticket for a Premier League game, home or away, should cost more than £25.

That simple.
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 1265 viewsPhil_S

Tickets are too expensive we all know that and they should be reduced

Sadly the big clubs wont allow it to happen (and walking out is pointless based on the fact that the money has already changed hands, the better protest is not to turn up and pay it in the first place)

The big teams in the PL control pretty much everything and each and every one of them will be hurting to see just who is top of the league at the moment because all that matters to them is generally the Top 4
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:42 - Feb 6 with 1265 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:38 - Feb 6 by AyewSerious

Too many people are accepting of this disease that has entered the game, not being happy with prices is seen as not being a true fan. Its ridiculous.

No ticket for a Premier League game, home or away, should cost more than £25.

That simple.

My heart agrees with the principle but....

That would only ever happen if everyone had spare capacity. My wife paid nearly twice that last night to see some frigging dancing at Bristol Hippodrome and it was full. Why should football be exempt from supply and demand. Don't buy, it'll soon go down.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:00 - Feb 6 with 1237 viewsAyewSerious

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:42 - Feb 6 by monmouth

My heart agrees with the principle but....

That would only ever happen if everyone had spare capacity. My wife paid nearly twice that last night to see some frigging dancing at Bristol Hippodrome and it was full. Why should football be exempt from supply and demand. Don't buy, it'll soon go down.

I personally dont believe the price of a football match should be comparable to a one off show or such like.

Football is part of peoples lives, many of whom developed the passion when the club and the community were vital for eachothers existance and as a result was priced at an affordable rate. The very basis of football is each club having a fanbase, and these fans, many of whom are from modest working class backgrounds will be wishing to go 20+ times a year, rather than a one time night out like a show. It is not sufficient to say "if you dont like it then dont go".

Football clubs arent here to rinse their communities for all they have, they are here to be a part of it. Well, i say that, but actually it is becoming the opposite and I believe that is solely down to people accepting it.

I think it is disgusting what is happening to football these days. £100m+ income per annum and fans still charged ridiculous prices and clubs struggling to make profit as they are paying their players and agents everything they earn. Madness which will put an end to many many clubs.

£25 cap on regular seats. 70% annual income wage cap. Jobs a good one.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 12:07]
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:30 - Feb 6 with 1206 viewsdobjack2

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 11:41 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

Tickets are too expensive we all know that and they should be reduced

Sadly the big clubs wont allow it to happen (and walking out is pointless based on the fact that the money has already changed hands, the better protest is not to turn up and pay it in the first place)

The big teams in the PL control pretty much everything and each and every one of them will be hurting to see just who is top of the league at the moment because all that matters to them is generally the Top 4

And many of the big teams along with a smaller London club that has acquired a new stadium are the ones that are against putting a cap on prices
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:35 - Feb 6 with 1197 viewsDafyddHuw

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 18:24 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

That's a ridiculous attitude though. Why should people who've supported the club for generations be unable to watch a game just because someone rich from China, Russia, Norway, wherever, has the money and fancies a day out because football has become trendy for a few years?

Football has to have some social conscience and link to the community in which it exists. It's not purely a business. And even just as a business, it's very short sighted to p*** off your loyal customers at the expense of some wealthier Johnny come lately. Because when the success fades, or the next big thing comes along, you're left with no one.

Spot on Lis. However, football's links with the community became strained as soon as Sky took an interest in the sport, and it#s been getting worse annually. Now it's just an entermaint industry, unfortunately.
Wonderful to see th Bundesliga thriving un derf a different m odel though.
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:35 - Feb 6 with 1199 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:30 - Feb 6 by dobjack2

And many of the big teams along with a smaller London club that has acquired a new stadium are the ones that are against putting a cap on prices

And they always will be, many of the smaller clubs would go for it but sadly the big 6 hold too much sway in this division and for them it is not about fans but about the "brand"
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 13:06 - Feb 6 with 1160 viewsdobjack2

Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

And they always will be, many of the smaller clubs would go for it but sadly the big 6 hold too much sway in this division and for them it is not about fans but about the "brand"

Absolutely agree. This is an element of the premier league that I detest. For some teams it seems that it is all about how much they can get off their fans and they are allowed to force their agenda Onto the rest by the premier league rules which give them this power.
Liverpool fans plan Walkout on 13:46 - Feb 6 with 1123 viewsWatchman

they were one of the original 7 clubs who wanted the premier league! so ho hum! deal with it

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024