Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread 18:16 - Feb 5 with 20218 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 19:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 18:17 - Feb 5 with 6336 viewsjackharris

Welcome to the Official JackHarris Weekend Match Thread, sponsored by Neapolitan Italian Ice Cream.
Swansea City v Crystal Palace - Saturday 6th February 2016
Liberty Stadium Swansea (19,000 Jacks and up to a maximum of 2,100 Eagles)
Referee - Mike Dean (earned £117,000 last year)

Weather - Shocking heavy rain forecast, once more! Hip flasks recommended with a drop of Brandy!

Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-yueng is sidelined after suffering concussion in Tuesday's draw with West Brom. Italian striker Alberto Paloschi stands by to start after making his debut as a substitute, while loan signing Leroy Fer is in the squad for the first time.
Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur will miss the rest of the season because of injury, while Jason Puncheon is also out for several weeks. However, Dwight Gayle and Yohan Cabaye are available again for the Eagles.

Possible Swans Team
1. Fabianski
2. Naughton
3. Taylor
4. Ash
5. Fernandez
6. Cork/Fer?
7. Britton
8. Gyfi
9. Alberto
10. Ayew
11. Routledge

Subs - Nordfeldt, Amat, Rangel, Leroy Fer, Gomis, Montero, Barrow

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin: "Crystal Palace are a good team and I know [Emmanuel] Adebayor well. We worked together in France for the first part of the season before he came to Arsenal.
"He is a good player and a good striker, I don't know his condition but he is a player with many qualities.
"He is a modern striker and when he was younger I saw these qualities at Monaco. He is dangerous to us."
Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew: "We have lost two very important players in McArthur and Puncheon - they have both been having a wonderful season for us, so it is a significant blow.
"We have got a squad where one or two really do need to produce for us - Jordon Mutch is going to be in the frame, Chungy [Lee Chung-yong] is going to be in the frame too as I put more pressure on them to deliver."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Swansea looked very bright in their draw at West Brom and had enough chances to win the game. Their new Italian striker Alberto Paloschi looked very lively when he came on in the second half.
Crystal Palace are on an absolutely awful run but I think their form will pick up. I cannot see them being dragged into the relegation scrap, although it will help when Yannick Bolasie is back from injury. Prediction: 2-2

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
* Three of the last four league meetings have ended in a draw, with Crystal Palace winning the other match.
* Swansea have only lost one of their last nine league games against Palace (W4, D4).
Swansea City
* Swansea are unbeaten in three league matches (W2, D1) and have only lost two of their previous eight.
* The Swans have not scored more than two goals in a Premier League match this season.
* Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored four goals in his last five games, and seven in total this campaign.

Crystal Palace
* Crystal Palace have lost five successive league games and have gone seven without a win since 19 December.
* They have scored just two goals in those seven league matches.
* Only one of Crystal Palace's Premier League goals this season has been scored by a striker - Connor Wickham. Conversely, a league-high seven of their goals have been scored by defenders.
* Scott Dann's goal against Bournemouth was the first scored by a Palace player since 19 December.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 19:10]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 18:53 - Feb 5 with 6240 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 18:17 - Feb 5 by jackharris

Welcome to the Official JackHarris Weekend Match Thread, sponsored by Neapolitan Italian Ice Cream.
Swansea City v Crystal Palace - Saturday 6th February 2016
Liberty Stadium Swansea (19,000 Jacks and up to a maximum of 2,100 Eagles)
Referee - Mike Dean (earned £117,000 last year)

Weather - Shocking heavy rain forecast, once more! Hip flasks recommended with a drop of Brandy!

Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-yueng is sidelined after suffering concussion in Tuesday's draw with West Brom. Italian striker Alberto Paloschi stands by to start after making his debut as a substitute, while loan signing Leroy Fer is in the squad for the first time.
Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur will miss the rest of the season because of injury, while Jason Puncheon is also out for several weeks. However, Dwight Gayle and Yohan Cabaye are available again for the Eagles.

Possible Swans Team
1. Fabianski
2. Naughton
3. Taylor
4. Ash
5. Fernandez
6. Cork/Fer?
7. Britton
8. Gyfi
9. Alberto
10. Ayew
11. Routledge

Subs - Nordfeldt, Amat, Rangel, Leroy Fer, Gomis, Montero, Barrow

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin: "Crystal Palace are a good team and I know [Emmanuel] Adebayor well. We worked together in France for the first part of the season before he came to Arsenal.
"He is a good player and a good striker, I don't know his condition but he is a player with many qualities.
"He is a modern striker and when he was younger I saw these qualities at Monaco. He is dangerous to us."
Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew: "We have lost two very important players in McArthur and Puncheon - they have both been having a wonderful season for us, so it is a significant blow.
"We have got a squad where one or two really do need to produce for us - Jordon Mutch is going to be in the frame, Chungy [Lee Chung-yong] is going to be in the frame too as I put more pressure on them to deliver."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Swansea looked very bright in their draw at West Brom and had enough chances to win the game. Their new Italian striker Alberto Paloschi looked very lively when he came on in the second half.
Crystal Palace are on an absolutely awful run but I think their form will pick up. I cannot see them being dragged into the relegation scrap, although it will help when Yannick Bolasie is back from injury. Prediction: 2-2

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
* Three of the last four league meetings have ended in a draw, with Crystal Palace winning the other match.
* Swansea have only lost one of their last nine league games against Palace (W4, D4).
Swansea City
* Swansea are unbeaten in three league matches (W2, D1) and have only lost two of their previous eight.
* The Swans have not scored more than two goals in a Premier League match this season.
* Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored four goals in his last five games, and seven in total this campaign.

Crystal Palace
* Crystal Palace have lost five successive league games and have gone seven without a win since 19 December.
* They have scored just two goals in those seven league matches.
* Only one of Crystal Palace's Premier League goals this season has been scored by a striker - Connor Wickham. Conversely, a league-high seven of their goals have been scored by defenders.
* Scott Dann's goal against Bournemouth was the first scored by a Palace player since 19 December.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 19:10]

Nervous about this one. Surely they can't lies six in a row. I'm tending towards Lawro's prediction of a draw but whatever happens, we must take the game to them and keep the pressure up for the full 90+ minutes. Don't let them play.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 18:56 - Feb 5 with 6237 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 18:53 - Feb 5 by union_jack

Nervous about this one. Surely they can't lies six in a row. I'm tending towards Lawro's prediction of a draw but whatever happens, we must take the game to them and keep the pressure up for the full 90+ minutes. Don't let them play.

And the weather looks totally cr@p!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Thread! on 19:11 - Feb 5 with 6185 viewsJackfath

I am looking forward to this immensely. Will be great to see Paloschi playing given his performance the other night was very encouraging. Hopefully the signs of continued progress will be evident tomorrow and we can get another win. Would be something to lift what is promised to be a dire day weather wise.

I'll go for a 2-0 win.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 19:24 - Feb 5 with 6137 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Injury ravaged ,hugely out of form ,can't score goals .

Nailed on Palace win

It's how we roll

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 19:48 - Feb 5 with 6085 viewsFlashberryjack

" Thor" my mind went blank.......again

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 19:51 - Feb 5 with 6073 viewsVetchitBack

3-2 Swans Paloschi 2 Siggy

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:15 - Feb 5 with 6016 viewsChief

Wonder if there'll be any backlash to the 'bus and chairs' incident of a few weeks ago?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:22 - Feb 5 with 5999 viewsDewi1jack

Be happy to take a scruffy 1-0 win.
Sort of expecting Pardew to consider parking the bus considering the number of injuries Palarse are carrying.
Although we have a pretty good record against Pardew since we came up.
If we carry on the way we've been playing, we're still going to end up safe mid-table and not chewing our nails looking at other results on the last day.

So next year then,
Europa League qualification for sixth and the FA Cuuuuuuuupah

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:22 - Feb 5 with 5995 viewsOldjack

We're getting back to our best by each passing game since Franco took hold of the reins ,I'm expecting this trend to continue
3-1

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:42 - Feb 5 with 5944 viewsClinton

Fantastic match preview, thanks Jack.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:48 - Feb 5 with 5923 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:15 - Feb 5 by Chief

Wonder if there'll be any backlash to the 'bus and chairs' incident of a few weeks ago?

Well a poster below feels they'll park the bus.

Anyway it was a big misunderstanding DFS driver with a Welsh accent unloading furniture outside the wrong address

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 21:39 - Feb 5 with 5836 viewsNookiejack

Luckily Jason Puncheon is not playing tomorrow - given his reputation for sh?tting when he wants. What would Walesonline think - if a few resultant chants were sung and heard?
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 5 with 5777 viewsBYMJacks

i can see us drawing the game tomorrow but obviously would like us to win
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 22:53 - Feb 5 with 5710 viewsEdmundo

Another hard fought game, but Swans winning all the battles that matter........2-1 Swans👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 22:57 - Feb 5 with 5708 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 5 by BYMJacks

i can see us drawing the game tomorrow but obviously would like us to win

Hopefully won't be having a conversation about why we can't defend from corners or don't put someone on the line.

Are other teams physically bigger than us, have better players in the air or is it just down to defensive organisation and player awareness (of the opposition)?
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 01:03 - Feb 6 with 5586 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 20:42 - Feb 5 by Clinton

Fantastic match preview, thanks Jack.

Thank you. Your comments are appreciated!

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 07:10 - Feb 6 with 5477 viewsSwansNZ

2-0, the Ayew and Gylfi show.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 09:13 - Feb 6 with 5341 viewsjackportis

Before some numpty quotes "I will be happy with a point". This needs to be 3.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 09:37 - Feb 6 with 5292 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 09:13 - Feb 6 by jackportis

Too right
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:01 - Feb 6 with 5247 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 09:13 - Feb 6 by jackportis

My prediction was beat West Brom draw Palace under those circumstances I would've been but not now although if Newcastle/West Brom draw or West Brom win AND Villa/Norwich draw there's no need for us to self-harm.

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:23 - Feb 6 with 5204 viewsJethroJack

3-1 Andre, Siggy & Al....COYJB's
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:23 - Feb 6 with 5204 viewsWhiterockin

A win today would put us on 29 points, 2 behind Palace. If we are then still considered to be in a relegation battle so would place, who would be dropping like a stone.
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 5192 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:23 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

A win today would put us on 29 points, 2 behind Palace. If we are then still considered to be in a relegation battle so would place, who would be dropping like a stone.

This season's free-fall merchants?
The Official Swansea City v Crystal Palace Weekend Match Thread on 10:55 - Feb 6 with 5125 viewsjackportis

Also another annoying observation is that should we win can we please not have a separate thread along the lines of naming a player headed " I thought...... Deserves a mention. This instant euphoric typing should stop. Many mediocre players have been mentioned like this. Thank you.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024