Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow 20:47 - Feb 5 with 6463 viewsDewi1jack

Andy Roinson will be with us tomorrow

"Andy Robinson is relishing his reunion with his Swansea City “family” on Saturday.
The ex-Swans midfielder is back at the Liberty tomorrow as his former club take on Crystal Palace.
Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/andy-robinson-relishing-his-swansea-city "

Unless he gets a better offer that is or Leeds get promoted

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 1919 viewsJackfath

I thought it fitting that Gylfi scored a free kick in the manner MR Robinson did so many times for us.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 1900 viewsDarran

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 19:40 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

I thought it fitting that Gylfi scored a free kick in the manner MR Robinson did so many times for us.

Absolutely and you know the type of prick poster on here that booed Gylfi when he came back with Spurs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 01:55 - Feb 7 with 1782 viewsTrundle10

As many have aluded to in this thread. Robbo was great for us. Welcome home YJB
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 10:47 - Feb 7 with 1699 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brynnie's had a 'mare here.

Poll: Tory leader

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 10:52 - Feb 7 with 1687 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 10:47 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Opinions hey. Some swore Garry Monk was a superb manager too. Like I said, opinions eh Geoff???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 11:28 - Feb 7 with 1662 viewsattila_the_hun

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 21:12 - Feb 5 by Darran

Some people can be very bitter about players that started our rise up from the lower leagues.

you are always bitter about Orlandi, he put the physios kids through college so give him some credit

"I'm Free"

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 16:47 - Feb 7 with 1609 viewssmoulder

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 23:34 - Feb 5 by Phil_S

Great player while he was here and a huge reason why we started our rise - his scoring record says it all

Moved on probably about the right time (not dissimilar to LT10) was messy when he did move but the club played a good game and he made his decision

Should get a warm welcome back here but the biggest focus (cliche time) is the match and three points and I suspect Robbo will have as big a smile on his face as the rest of us if we get them

Shame his brother isnt here any more - the only coherent poster we have ever had from the Wirral

I agree with this fella....:
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 16:54 - Feb 7 with 1578 viewsraynor94

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 10:47 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

But his backtracking was rather good

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 17:06 - Feb 7 with 1547 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Robo done great for us fair play to him .

His direct running at defenders is what we need in this team at the moment .

Had to go to Leeds for a big pay day , don't blame him at all for that.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 17:08 - Feb 7 with 1542 viewsPhil_S

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 16:47 - Feb 7 by smoulder

I agree with this fella....:

Good to see you still checking in Dave - welcome!!
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 18:33 - Feb 7 with 1505 viewsjack247

Lets not forget, his first season was the one after we stayed up on the last day and the one that going to the Vetch became fun again. Clearly Trundle was the star of the show, but Robbo, along with Leon and others played a great supporting role. Certainly played his part in the early stages of our rise to where we are now.
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 18:35 - Feb 7 with 1493 viewsDarran

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 18:33 - Feb 7 by jack247

Lets not forget, his first season was the one after we stayed up on the last day and the one that going to the Vetch became fun again. Clearly Trundle was the star of the show, but Robbo, along with Leon and others played a great supporting role. Certainly played his part in the early stages of our rise to where we are now.

Spot on.

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 18:46 - Feb 7 with 1475 viewsmax936

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 00:17 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Well he wasn't Maradona as some were pointing out just a decent lower leagues winger who could take a free kick .He had real problems with his fitness (there were rumours of him smoking) and couldn't last the full 90.

He definitely made a contribution to our rise as did trunds, Tate, Leon etc etc. I'll give him a sincere round of applause but he left at the right time. I don't love him and I don't hate him. That ok???

Aye ok then

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 12:06 - Feb 8 with 1376 viewsJack_Kass

So much revisionary stuff going on here

The problem people had with Robbo was that he wanted to stall on signing a new contract until the result of the Play off final between Leeds and Doncaster, probably a ploy to get more money or whatever, who knows, it certainly wasn't a career choice because Leeds were a 'bigger' club at the time, get the f**k away from that theory. We quite rightly told him to stop pissing us about, and either sign or decline the offer, which resulted up in him crawling to Leeds, who had the only offer on the table.

Can we not re-write history, when the fact is he thought he was such a berty big bollocks that he thought he could hold the club over a barrel, and we'd bow down to keep him. It backfired, spectacularly, and considering our rise and his decline, probably the worst decision a footballer has ever made.

In the end it probably worked out well because Nathan Dyer came to the club in the January of the next season, and who honestly would say that things would have been the same if Robinson had still been here.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 12:07]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 14:38 - Feb 8 with 1315 viewsTreforys_Jack

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 12:06 - Feb 8 by Jack_Kass

The problem people had with Robbo was that he wanted to stall on signing a new contract until the result of the Play off final between Leeds and Doncaster, probably a ploy to get more money or whatever, who knows, it certainly wasn't a career choice because Leeds were a 'bigger' club at the time, get the f**k away from that theory. We quite rightly told him to stop pissing us about, and either sign or decline the offer, which resulted up in him crawling to Leeds, who had the only offer on the table.

Can we not re-write history, when the fact is he thought he was such a berty big bollocks that he thought he could hold the club over a barrel, and we'd bow down to keep him. It backfired, spectacularly, and considering our rise and his decline, probably the worst decision a footballer has ever made.

In the end it probably worked out well because Nathan Dyer came to the club in the January of the next season, and who honestly would say that things would have been the same if Robinson had still been here.

Your last paragraph has a lot of ifs, buts and maybe's in it. No-one knows what could have happened in any decision had different choices been made. He could have gone on to become European footballer of the year, anything however unlikely is possible. I prefer to remember the good times, as someone said, I associate Robbo with a period of time when it became a pleasure to go back to the Vetch. Thanks fella.
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 14:42 - Feb 8 with 1310 viewsDafyddHuw

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 23:34 - Feb 5 by Phil_S

Great player while he was here and a huge reason why we started our rise - his scoring record says it all

Moved on probably about the right time (not dissimilar to LT10) was messy when he did move but the club played a good game and he made his decision

Should get a warm welcome back here but the biggest focus (cliche time) is the match and three points and I suspect Robbo will have as big a smile on his face as the rest of us if we get them

Shame his brother isnt here any more - the only coherent poster we have ever had from the Wirral

"Messy" being the understatement of the year.

He did do well for us and I loved watching him play. But the manner of his leaving soured it for me.
If he'd have said "I'm off to Leeds" or "I'm staying here" then fair enough.
But he didn't do that. He tried to wait to see if Leeds were going up or not before making his mind up - trying to have it both ways, in other words. Until Roberto told him to piss or get off the pot. That really showed a lack of character.
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 14:46 - Feb 8 with 1307 viewsjack247

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 12:06 - Feb 8 by Jack_Kass

I think you have described the way he left pretty accurately. He certainly went under a bit of a cloud with the fans. He did leave for a bigger club and more money, which is fair enough. I think the thing that annoyed the fans was wanting to see if Leeds won the playoff final, though if you take the emotional aspect away, that is pretty logical too.

None of that sours what he did for us as a player though. Big part of what was a great time to be a fan. Of course, it pales in comparison with where we are now, but coming off the back of the Petty saga and the near relegation from the league, it felt like a brilliant time to be a Swans fan. Trunds was the main man, but Robbo played a big part too.
Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 14:54 - Feb 8 with 1300 viewsDarran

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 14:46 - Feb 8 by jack247

I think you have described the way he left pretty accurately. He certainly went under a bit of a cloud with the fans. He did leave for a bigger club and more money, which is fair enough. I think the thing that annoyed the fans was wanting to see if Leeds won the playoff final, though if you take the emotional aspect away, that is pretty logical too.

None of that sours what he did for us as a player though. Big part of what was a great time to be a fan. Of course, it pales in comparison with where we are now, but coming off the back of the Petty saga and the near relegation from the league, it felt like a brilliant time to be a Swans fan. Trunds was the main man, but Robbo played a big part too.

That's the problem with with quite a few of the cretins on here though Tim it certainly shouldn't sour what he did for us as a player he either played well for us or he didn't and he certainly did.
He could have committed mass murder of all the club staff at the end of his contract but he still played well for us.

Some people are too f*cking thick for their own good.

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 15:29 - Feb 8 with 1267 viewsUxbridge

Robbo did great for us. He managed his departure pretty poorly but that doesn't change the former. He was a major part of our recent story.

Oh and I agree with Clasey.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 17:48 - Feb 9 with 1164 viewsattila_the_hun

big fat money grabbing dropped down a division for more money no ambition arsehead

"I'm Free"

Robinson is guest of honour tomorrow on 18:34 - Feb 9 with 1142 viewsItchySphincter

He was a bit of a fatty.

If I remember correctly JA.net had a meltdown, literally, the day he left. Busiest day in history.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024