Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brynmill Park 21:29 - Feb 5 with 5414 viewsjack_lord

Does anyone else think it is criminal that the little ge of a park has been wasted or was it inevitable with the amount of HMO's that have overrun Brynmill?

I used to love that place as a kid.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Brynmill Park on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 3510 viewsdickythorpe

It was plagued by gays when I lived nearby as a student. Many an incident went unreported.
Brynmill Park on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 3501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brynmill Park on 21:42 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

It was plagued by gays when I lived nearby as a student. Many an incident went unreported.

Coooooooeeeeeeeeee

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brynmill Park on 22:03 - Feb 5 with 3452 viewsexiledclaseboy

Same goes for more or less every park in Swansea. They've all been allowed to go to seed.

Poll: Tory leader

Brynmill Park on 22:26 - Feb 5 with 3405 viewsdickythorpe

Brynmill Park on 22:03 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

Same goes for more or less every park in Swansea. They've all been allowed to go to seed.

Is CwmDonkin a mess? I thought they'd cleaned it up, after dirty numbers written on the playground equipment were found.
Brynmill Park on 22:45 - Feb 5 with 3365 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Brynmill Park on 22:26 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

Is CwmDonkin a mess? I thought they'd cleaned it up, after dirty numbers written on the playground equipment were found.

I used to go there as a kid to feed the ducks, we used to take about half a loaf of bread with us which we could barely afford in those days, that day out made us so happy 😊
Brynmill Park on 22:46 - Feb 5 with 3360 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cwmdonkin and Brynmill are nice parks. Others however have been left to go to rack and ruin. Dunvant is a prime example. Gates should be locked at night Parkies should be employed and a good team of gardeners should attend to the maintenance. It is just another example of penny pinching as a result of austerity and, whilst it is no great shakes in society as whole, it never the less takes away that little bit of feel good factor of life in general.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brynmill Park on 22:47 - Feb 5 with 3353 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Brynmill Park on 22:26 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

My last post was referring to Brynmill Park and not Cwmdonkin, sorry.
Brynmill Park on 22:56 - Feb 5 with 3341 viewsJack123

I have very fond memories of Brynmill park, from my childhood, and also taking my kids down there..

Haven't been there for years now.. I hope the Council maintain it!

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Brynmill Park on 23:04 - Feb 5 with 3317 viewsEdmundo

Brynmill Park on 22:03 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

Can't say i,ve seen any such activity in Singleton Park .......now Penllegaer....thats a different matter!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Brynmill Park on 23:21 - Feb 5 with 3282 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brynmill Park on 22:56 - Feb 5 by Jack123

I have very fond memories of Brynmill park, from my childhood, and also taking my kids down there..

Haven't been there for years now.. I hope the Council maintain it!

It's pretty good to be honest. I too go back a very long way there. Back to the times Reg Bateman's boat was doing trips around the lake. La La the poor baboon I used to torment in its cage. Would have ripped my head off if it could have got out. Still have guilt about teasing the poor beast.
All the animals have gone now and the small lake which was used for toy motorised boats is now a conservation area. Still worth a trip though on a nice day.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brynmill Park on 23:27 - Feb 5 with 3276 viewsJackfath

Jeepers. I've been complaining about the lack of investment in the parks department on here for a long time. It seems I am the only one who thought the sowing of wild flower seeds on many verges was a cop out and done as a cheap way of providing much needed colour. Now it seems others have cottoned on to the fact that parks have been left to go to shit.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Brynmill Park on 23:35 - Feb 5 with 3264 viewslonglostjack

Brynmill Park on 23:27 - Feb 5 by Jackfath

Jeepers. I've been complaining about the lack of investment in the parks department on here for a long time. It seems I am the only one who thought the sowing of wild flower seeds on many verges was a cop out and done as a cheap way of providing much needed colour. Now it seems others have cottoned on to the fact that parks have been left to go to shit.

I like wild flowers - especially on roundabouts.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brynmill Park on 23:43 - Feb 5 with 3253 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brynmill Park on 23:27 - Feb 5 by Jackfath

I think that verges and roundabouts are ok but I agree it is a cop out in our smaller Parks where we look for unusual and formal arrangements.
I dislike all the cuts on our public services such as, transport, drain clearance, tree and verge trimming, right of way maintenance, roads, public convenience etc etc. They save a small amount of money in these times of forced austerity but take away a massive feel good and personal pride factor.

Brynmill Park on 23:44 - Feb 5 with 3252 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brynmill Park on 21:42 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

Did activity mysteriously cease when you graduated ????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brynmill Park on 01:02 - Feb 6 with 3189 viewssully49

I've always took my children there and loved it, in my days all kind of animals were kept there, I seem to recall the peacocks being a particular favourite and of course the ducks.
I remember seeing some kind of survey or something like it, the last time I was there. Unfortunately all my kids a grown up now so I haven't been there for quite a while, always good memories though.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Brynmill Park on 08:33 - Feb 6 with 3076 viewspatchboy

i remember sparky the talking minor bird.
Brynmill Park on 08:46 - Feb 6 with 3057 viewsyogibear_412

Used to go there all the time as a kid and recently I took my little one there. I was shocked at how poor the lake was - very few ducks and parts of the lake looked contaminated to hell. Obv some money went in not so long ago to have the toilets and seasonal shop. When I was in uni I'd walk through it everyday - the management of it has gone downhill obviously which is sad as I would have liked my kids to have seen it like I did.
Brynmill Park on 08:55 - Feb 6 with 3049 viewsClinton

I walk through Brynmill park regularly and it seems tidy enough to me. I never knew it in the old days, mind. It's still used by loads of families especially at weekends. They got quite a chunk of lottery money to do it up a bit and there's quite a bit of community involvement with open air carol service and fun days in the summer.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Brynmill Park on 09:31 - Feb 6 with 3005 viewsEasternJack

Wow - blast from the past. It's been at least 26 years since I lived I Sketty. Have great memories of playing football at both Singleton and Cwmdonkin Park as a teenager (the latter we had a regular Sunday morning game that I fondly remember)

Troubled that I can't seem to remember Brynmill Park - was brought up on the streets of Sketty, Brynmill and Uplands.

Can someone spark my memory on Brynmill Park?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Brynmill Park on 09:33 - Feb 6 with 2999 viewsEasternJack

Brynmill Park on 09:31 - Feb 6 by EasternJack

Wow - blast from the past. It's been at least 26 years since I lived I Sketty. Have great memories of playing football at both Singleton and Cwmdonkin Park as a teenager (the latter we had a regular Sunday morning game that I fondly remember)

Troubled that I can't seem to remember Brynmill Park - was brought up on the streets of Sketty, Brynmill and Uplands.

Can someone spark my memory on Brynmill Park?

Starting to get flashbacks of a park with a large lake - still can't place it though. Time for google maps...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Brynmill Park on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 2964 viewsjack247

Brynmill Park on 09:33 - Feb 6 by EasternJack

Starting to get flashbacks of a park with a large lake - still can't place it though. Time for google maps...

It's a fairly small park, big lake in the middle with swans and ducks. Children's play area near one of the entrances. Some people think it's part of Singleton as that is so big and they are so close to each other. Brynmill lane runs invetween them.

I haven't been there for a couple of years but it seemed in fairly good nick last time I was there. Shame if it's gone to ruin.
Brynmill Park on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 2888 viewsjack_lord

Brynmill Park on 09:56 - Feb 6 by jack247

It's a fairly small park, big lake in the middle with swans and ducks. Children's play area near one of the entrances. Some people think it's part of Singleton as that is so big and they are so close to each other. Brynmill lane runs invetween them.

I haven't been there for a couple of years but it seemed in fairly good nick last time I was there. Shame if it's gone to ruin.

When you consider how wonderful it once was, you could say it has gone to ruin. How many of us have childhood memories of throwing bread in to the lake, how many of us remember the mini zoo and the peacock?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Brynmill Park on 11:56 - Feb 6 with 2872 views1973scott

I remember the parky, we used to wind him right up, there was always a mob of us playing footy and generally messing around, causing havoc.

great place to spend your youth!
Brynmill Park on 12:40 - Feb 6 with 2820 viewsjack247

Brynmill Park on 11:38 - Feb 6 by jack_lord

When you consider how wonderful it once was, you could say it has gone to ruin. How many of us have childhood memories of throwing bread in to the lake, how many of us remember the mini zoo and the peacock?

Too young mate, though I have very hazy childhood memories of animals in Singleton Park, near where the Swiss Cottage is? I'm possibly mixing them up as I wouldn't have know the difference at the time.
Brynmill Park on 12:40 - Feb 6 with 2820 viewsthe_oracle

Brynmill Park on 22:46 - Feb 5 by Private_Partz

Cwmdonkin and Brynmill are nice parks. Others however have been left to go to rack and ruin. Dunvant is a prime example. Gates should be locked at night Parkies should be employed and a good team of gardeners should attend to the maintenance. It is just another example of penny pinching as a result of austerity and, whilst it is no great shakes in society as whole, it never the less takes away that little bit of feel good factor of life in general.

Friends of Dunvant Park are doing well. New trees planted, wild flower areas, football for the kids and they now have use of the pavilion for tea coffees etc this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024