Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted 16:58 - Feb 6 with 4023 viewsLandore_Jack

Not clinical enough in the final third. Palace were there for the taking. 4 points dropped in the last two games. Yes we are playing well, but in football that is not enough. You have to get results!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 16:58]

#backtojack

Gutted on 16:59 - Feb 6 with 3523 viewsNogginthenog

They were only on the game for 5 minutes and bagged a point. Unbelievable. Yet another penalty denied.
Gutted on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 3479 viewsLandore_Jack

Gutted on 16:59 - Feb 6 by Nogginthenog

They were only on the game for 5 minutes and bagged a point. Unbelievable. Yet another penalty denied.

Definite pen. Can't believe Mike Dean didn't give it.

Leon Britton MOTM.

#backtojack

Gutted on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 3467 viewsunion_jack

My view is that we are not attacking with enough pace (confidence?). We've got the pace but when we break out from our own area we put the brakes on.

Watch Leicester today and you could see 4 players bombing forward on the break. We give defences far too much time to regroup and try threading the ball through the eye of a needle. With not much joy!
hope Guidolin addresses this.

Barrow was good when he came on.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gutted on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 3458 viewsHugeEnkins

I though Gomis did well when he came on.... Said no one. Standing watching the phucking game. Nice one.
Gutted on 17:04 - Feb 6 with 3427 viewsLandore_Jack

For me there is too much dilly dallying around the 18 yard box. Sometimes you have to be precise with the ball. Move it with pace.

#backtojack

Gutted on 17:06 - Feb 6 with 3411 viewsMLT18

I'm gutted too. Looking at the remaining games, where are the points going to come from to keep us up?
Agree - that's 4 points dropped in 2 games which could come back to haunt us and from the look on Sigurdssons face at the end, he seemed to know how important this game was.
Gutted on 17:06 - Feb 6 with 3401 viewsSgorioFruit

defend their silly goal from a corner and it is 1-0 Swansea FT

end of

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Gutted on 17:07 - Feb 6 with 3399 viewsLandore_Jack

One more thing. What is it with us and corners? How many chances did our centre halfs have? Don't wont to be too critical but they couldn't score in a brothel.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Gutted on 17:08 - Feb 6 with 3373 viewsAngelRangelQS

Another point nearer to 40 but can't help but view that as 2 points dropped.

Played quite well in patches and a definite improvement but whether it'll be enough in the long run we will have to wait and see.

Even if we stay up, I think we need a massive overhaul of the squad. The majority of our squad aren't up to standard IMO
Gutted on 17:09 - Feb 6 with 3363 viewsicecoldjack

It's a tough one to take, but for me we seem like the only prem team that cant defend or score from corners.

Fookin' hopeless at both ends in that respect.

Fernandez was like a kitten trying to defned the simplest of tap ins from Dann. poor.

£8m quid? got mugged a bit there i'm starting to think.
Gutted on 17:11 - Feb 6 with 3342 viewsLandore_Jack

At least Norwich lost. Gap down to 4 points.

Barrow deserves extra praise. Thought he was superb.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 17:13]

#backtojack

Gutted on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 3301 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The biggest problem that we have with corners is that we all watch players instead of the ball, nobody attacks it coming in.
Gutted on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 3295 viewsMorfa_Same

This result hurt far more than the West Brom game. Even though we conceded late against West Brom a draw was probably a fair result. Today we absolutely battered them for 85 minutes and have lost a crucial two points. On the positive side if we keep playing as well as that we surely can't go down.
Gutted on 17:23 - Feb 6 with 3240 viewsblaine_scfc

Starting to lose patience with Fede. Doesn't win enough in the air, with Ash in there we need someone whose going to dominate, can't afford to have a centre half who doesn't want to head it.
Gutted on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 3219 viewsLandore_Jack

Fernandez must do better:

[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 17:26]

#backtojack

Gutted on 17:37 - Feb 6 with 3149 viewsDr_Winston

Gutted on 17:02 - Feb 6 by union_jack

My view is that we are not attacking with enough pace (confidence?). We've got the pace but when we break out from our own area we put the brakes on.

Watch Leicester today and you could see 4 players bombing forward on the break. We give defences far too much time to regroup and try threading the ball through the eye of a needle. With not much joy!

Been our problem all season. I like the look of Paloschi, but he's going to struggle to score goals too unless we sort it out. Ditch the diamond. Back to playing two wingers. We've got the players to do it.

As for Fernandez, at £8m we were tucked up. Does a lot of good stuff, but no player costing that much should be as poor on the ball as he is.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gutted on 17:52 - Feb 6 with 3083 viewsGriffting

Wouldn't say im gutted. A point keeps us unbeaten and moving forward. We need to sort out corners so badly though.
Fede has great games and bad games. Never an okay game and not consistent enough yet to justify 8 million. I look at the Goal difference and its really telling that the 4 that prop the bottom up deserve to be there norwich sunderland villa all -20 plus with newcastle on -19. People think there has been big games this season, but that couple weeks of Norwich and Villa home with Bournemouth away is the most defining period of games we will have this season IMO and frankly, if we cannot beat norwich and Villa at home then we deserve to be in the thick of it.
Gutted on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 2981 viewsLandore_Jack

Gutted on 17:52 - Feb 6 by Griffting

Wouldn't say im gutted. A point keeps us unbeaten and moving forward. We need to sort out corners so badly though.
Fede has great games and bad games. Never an okay game and not consistent enough yet to justify 8 million. I look at the Goal difference and its really telling that the 4 that prop the bottom up deserve to be there norwich sunderland villa all -20 plus with newcastle on -19. People think there has been big games this season, but that couple weeks of Norwich and Villa home with Bournemouth away is the most defining period of games we will have this season IMO and frankly, if we cannot beat norwich and Villa at home then we deserve to be in the thick of it.

We switched off at the beginning of the second half and it has cost us dear. Same at West Brom at the end of the game. We cant afford to do it. However, we need to be more ruthless in front of goal. We didnt take our chances and it was the same at West Brom. So frustrating. We are definitely on the up but its all about results.

#backtojack

Gutted on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 2908 viewsmax936

Gutted on 17:02 - Feb 6 by union_jack

This, in a nutshell.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gutted on 21:19 - Feb 6 with 2700 viewsblaine_scfc

Gutted on 17:37 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Been our problem all season. I like the look of Paloschi, but he's going to struggle to score goals too unless we sort it out. Ditch the diamond. Back to playing two wingers. We've got the players to do it.

As for Fernandez, at £8m we were tucked up. Does a lot of good stuff, but no player costing that much should be as poor on the ball as he is.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree with this Doc.

In my opinion we aren't going to keep enough clean sheets holding onto leads, draws to carry on with this diamond, which is to me negative. Being cautious is fine, but only when you can defend, we will concede goals off set pieces until the cows come home, we need to be killing off games with goals, not trying to defend what we have. Montero and Barrow please.
Gutted on 22:35 - Feb 6 with 2605 viewssherpajacob

Gutted on 17:25 - Feb 6 by Landore_Jack

Fernandez must do better:

[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 17:26]

the fjrst flick on was the sort of thing bony always used to head away.
even gomis was ok at defending them.

its not effing rocket science

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Gutted on 22:52 - Feb 6 with 2558 viewsNeathJack

Gutted on 22:35 - Feb 6 by sherpajacob

the fjrst flick on was the sort of thing bony always used to head away.
even gomis was ok at defending them.

its not effing rocket science

This is what I've been saying this evening.

Ash was in that role but he got dragged out of position when he shouldn't have otherwise he would have been there to easily head that clear.
Gutted on 23:04 - Feb 6 with 2520 views1973scott

Serious lapse of concentration on defending set pieces, its costing us valuable points
Gutted on 23:59 - Feb 6 with 2448 viewssully49

We haven't replaced a Bony type player and can only hope that Paloschi comes good.
IMOP today he wasn't outstanding and spent too much time on the floor, and his memorable contribution was the defensive tackle.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 18:20]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Gutted on 01:03 - Feb 7 with 2376 views2bzapt

It's most definitely confidence, Leicester are doing well based on their own belief and confidence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024