Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The teams below us 17:34 - Feb 6 with 2784 viewsGriffting

All have a games between themselves (Norwich vs sunderland newcastle, villa vs sunderland, sunderland vs newcastle etc) as well as bournemouth playing a couple of them as well and west brom.
Big for us because either way it goes, it damns one team in the process.
The teams below us on 17:36 - Feb 6 with 2755 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yeh but we have to play Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. 3 teams which will fancy their chances at set piece

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The teams below us on 17:39 - Feb 6 with 2727 viewsGriffting

The teams below us on 17:36 - Feb 6 by PozuelosSideys

Yeh but we have to play Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. 3 teams which will fancy their chances at set piece

You are correct. Would have rathered newcastle at home because they are poor away from home and seem to be getting there at home. In all honesty if we fail to beat villa and Norwich at home, then we deserve to go down, really.

Id be worried if i was a West Brom fan as well.. not completely out of it yet and form has deserted them at the wrong time.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 17:41]
The teams below us on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 2690 viewsjamieswan78

Hopefully it will be Villa, Sunderland and Norwich who keep slipping up.

I would like the Magpies to go down but don't think they will.

Another point on the board though, we are creeping closer to the 30's.
The teams below us on 17:59 - Feb 6 with 2595 viewsmorningstar

It's quite amazing that the teams around us have too play each other, and then to find out that we have to play some of them as well is truly remarkable. I just can't understand how they do it, seems to happen every year as well or is it just me?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The teams below us on 18:00 - Feb 6 with 2595 viewsGriffting

The teams below us on 17:43 - Feb 6 by jamieswan78

Hopefully it will be Villa, Sunderland and Norwich who keep slipping up.

I would like the Magpies to go down but don't think they will.

Another point on the board though, we are creeping closer to the 30's.

Firstly, it would be monumental if Villa escape and i really cannot see it despite better results of late.
Having looked at norwich and Sunderland fixtures I see them averaging a point/less than a point a game with 18th ending on about 35 points maybe 36..
So we need about 10 points, 12/13 to be sure i think.
3 wins and a couple of draws.. Replicate the same sort of form thats come back to us recently we will be fine.
The teams below us on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 2563 viewsGriffting

The teams below us on 17:59 - Feb 6 by morningstar

It's quite amazing that the teams around us have too play each other, and then to find out that we have to play some of them as well is truly remarkable. I just can't understand how they do it, seems to happen every year as well or is it just me?

Aye, you'd almost think that this was a platform to discuss that sort of thing, sort of like a fans forum. Amazing stuff.
The teams below us on 18:09 - Feb 6 with 2509 viewsJackanapes

Villa and Narch = Foookd

We just need to put space btwixt us and one more.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The teams below us on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 2495 viewslondonlisa2001

The teams below us on 18:00 - Feb 6 by Griffting

Firstly, it would be monumental if Villa escape and i really cannot see it despite better results of late.
Having looked at norwich and Sunderland fixtures I see them averaging a point/less than a point a game with 18th ending on about 35 points maybe 36..
So we need about 10 points, 12/13 to be sure i think.
3 wins and a couple of draws.. Replicate the same sort of form thats come back to us recently we will be fine.

That's exactly the sort of sensible nonsense that has no place on this board after a draw!!

Played well - bit of luck or a referee that could see a penalty when it was obvious and we'd have won.

Didn't really look in danger of losing either. It's not our form now that's causing us the issue, it's the form for those matches under Monk when we dithered over sacking him.

But I think we've just about got enough and if we do stay up, am really excited to see what Guidolin could do with us over a summer and a full season.

Everyone is getting frantic because they're assuming that we'll get no surprise results at all in the last few matches - every year we do get at least some points from these games, so as you say, if we can get to about 33 or 34 points with a couple of wins and maybe a draw over the next 4 or 5 matches, then I'm confident we'll pick up the one win and one draw that I think we'll then need.
Login to get fewer ads

The teams below us on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 2340 viewscostalotta

The teams below us on 18:10 - Feb 6 by londonlisa2001

That's exactly the sort of sensible nonsense that has no place on this board after a draw!!

Played well - bit of luck or a referee that could see a penalty when it was obvious and we'd have won.

Didn't really look in danger of losing either. It's not our form now that's causing us the issue, it's the form for those matches under Monk when we dithered over sacking him.

But I think we've just about got enough and if we do stay up, am really excited to see what Guidolin could do with us over a summer and a full season.

Everyone is getting frantic because they're assuming that we'll get no surprise results at all in the last few matches - every year we do get at least some points from these games, so as you say, if we can get to about 33 or 34 points with a couple of wins and maybe a draw over the next 4 or 5 matches, then I'm confident we'll pick up the one win and one draw that I think we'll then need.

October and November this season is why we are where we are for sure...

But your right. If you look at our form since Monk was sacked we have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3. That's 13 points from ten games. If we can continue that form over the rest of the season I sure we can get another 12-15 points. Before anyone mentions the games in April, remember that we've played some decent teams in the last ten and loosing unluckily on the three we did loose. Recent form suggests we will get the points and it doesn't matter who we get them against.

FG (along with curtis) and his team has made a difference.and I reckon we are improving. Still someway to go yes, but living in the right direction. Siggy starting to score, routeledge, Rangel picking up form and also Fab. FG cannot make wholesale changes and he knows this so its just little tweaks here and there. I'm hoping that these will start to pay even bigger rewards before the season is out, and who knows, we might just be in better form than now come April and May. Italian coaches usually set their squads conditioning to reach its peak at the right time. In other words steady improvement and progress.

It's looking better and today was a another point earned. Unlucky...perhaps. But we would have lost that and west brom 2 months ago. Onwards and upwards!

STID.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024