Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat for Fernandez? 18:17 - Feb 6 with 5201 viewsTheKirkyLife

Discuss, the lad was rock solid before Fernandez came in.
Amat for Fernandez? on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 2619 viewsstonedroses

personally i dont think either are good enough for the premiership.
Amat for Fernandez? on 18:26 - Feb 6 with 2591 viewsLandore_Jack

Not for me. Fede is a better player but he needs to stop these lapses of concentration. It has cost us today.

#backtojack

Amat for Fernandez? on 18:34 - Feb 6 with 2540 viewsjack247

Amat for Fernandez? on 18:26 - Feb 6 by Landore_Jack

Not for me. Fede is a better player but he needs to stop these lapses of concentration. It has cost us today.

I think he is the better player, but yeah he switches off and his distribution is terrible. Seems more comfortable playing a difficult pass than an easy one.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 2430 viewsJackFish

We need to improve our defending from set pieces, but other than that we look very solid defensively and have done for large parts of the season. Not sure what dropping FF would achieve.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:14 - Feb 6 with 2398 viewsAngelRangelQS

On balance Fernandez has been a disappointing signing. Pretty poor for most of this season, a few games aside
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 2388 viewsoldcob

Amat for Fernandez? on 18:34 - Feb 6 by jack247

I think he is the better player, but yeah he switches off and his distribution is terrible. Seems more comfortable playing a difficult pass than an easy one.

He switches off, his distribution is terrible and he finds it difficult to play an easy pass, you say. And he's still better than Amat? Wouldn't like to hear your opinion of Jordi Amat then.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:31 - Feb 6 with 2338 viewsLeonisGod

Nothing wrong with Fede at all. An upgrade on Chico whom he was bought to replace, streets ahead of Bartley and forms a good partnership with Ash. I don't see what the problem is.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:31 - Feb 6 with 2337 viewsNeathJack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:31 - Feb 6 by LeonisGod

Nothing wrong with Fede at all. An upgrade on Chico whom he was bought to replace, streets ahead of Bartley and forms a good partnership with Ash. I don't see what the problem is.

This.
Login to get fewer ads

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:34 - Feb 6 with 2311 viewsLandore_Jack

The problem is that his lapse of concentration has cost us the game. Must do better.

#backtojack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:36 - Feb 6 with 2286 viewsNeathJack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:34 - Feb 6 by Landore_Jack

The problem is that his lapse of concentration has cost us the game. Must do better.

I disagree.

For me, Williams gets dragged to the flick on that Rangel in competing for but Ash gets nowhere near it. If he had held his position and marked his zone (in the Bony/Gomis role) as he is supposed to, the ball comes straight to him and doesn't reach Dann.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 2285 viewslonglostjack

Agreed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 2264 viewsLandore_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:36 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

I disagree.

For me, Williams gets dragged to the flick on that Rangel in competing for but Ash gets nowhere near it. If he had held his position and marked his zone (in the Bony/Gomis role) as he is supposed to, the ball comes straight to him and doesn't reach Dann.

Maybe, but Fede was marking Dan. He was slow to react. Probably ball watching.

#backtojack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:44 - Feb 6 with 2252 viewsNeathJack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:40 - Feb 6 by Landore_Jack

Maybe, but Fede was marking Dan. He was slow to react. Probably ball watching.

He was doing the opposite really. More concerned with trying to block/battle with Dann rather than attack the ball it seemed.
Amat for Fernandez? on 19:44 - Feb 6 with 2252 viewsFlashberryjack

Nothing wrong ? Adebayor P**sed all over Fernandez .

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 2234 viewsMervyn

Thank god for Ash.......Amat and Bartley far to reckless in challenges in and around the box........Fernandez doing ok
Amat for Fernandez? on 20:13 - Feb 6 with 2184 viewsmax936

Amat for Fernandez? on 18:22 - Feb 6 by stonedroses

personally i dont think either are good enough for the premiership.

Do you know what l reckon you're spot on, although Amat is young enough to be worked with and talented enough to move to another position.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:21 - Feb 6 with 2157 viewsNeathJack

Barring the Sunderland 10 man/offisde fiasco, we have only conceded goals from open play in one of our last 9 league games and that was at Old Trafford.

I think that would suggest that our centre backs, and defensive as a whole in fact is doing pretty bloody well, and certainly good enough for the Premier League.
Amat for Fernandez? on 20:29 - Feb 6 with 2129 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fernandez is lightweight, poor in the air, picks awful passes and often gets bullied by strikers. Definitely not an upgrade on Chico for me.

He sold Fabianski horribly short again in the first half today. Wakey wakey.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 2120 viewsKilkennyjack

Both can do a job. Fede with Ash for me.

Beware of the Risen People

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 2100 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:21 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Barring the Sunderland 10 man/offisde fiasco, we have only conceded goals from open play in one of our last 9 league games and that was at Old Trafford.

I think that would suggest that our centre backs, and defensive as a whole in fact is doing pretty bloody well, and certainly good enough for the Premier League.

100% this

overall we are solid - fab isn't really having to make save after save to keep us in games

just set pieces are incredibly frustrating to concede from especially when we don't score the other end

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:38 - Feb 6 with 2093 viewsIslander

FF doesnt seem the sharpest; Amat is more intelligent but is currently lacking match sharpness and seems to be carrying a kg or 2

So, Amat when match fit
Amat for Fernandez? on 20:39 - Feb 6 with 2086 viewsDarran

FF is a great player.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:40 - Feb 6 with 2079 viewsLandore_Jack

Fernandez is not a dominant centre half. He is not at the level as Ashley Williams. Im not saying he is a bad player, i just think his game needs to improve.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 20:50]

#backtojack

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:40 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsJackfath

When will people learn. Last time they wanted FF dropped they got their wish. Mr Bartley was put in. Some people have very short memories.

If he was dropped and Amat put in and had a mare the same people would be clambering for FF to be reinstated.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:41 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:40 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

When will people learn. Last time they wanted FF dropped they got their wish. Mr Bartley was put in. Some people have very short memories.

If he was dropped and Amat put in and had a mare the same people would be clambering for FF to be reinstated.

Exactly some people don't stop moaning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024