Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat for Fernandez? 18:17 - Feb 6 with 5314 viewsTheKirkyLife

Discuss, the lad was rock solid before Fernandez came in.
Amat for Fernandez? on 20:48 - Feb 6 with 1250 views3swan

Amat for Fernandez? on 18:22 - Feb 6 by stonedroses

personally i dont think either are good enough for the premiership.

Agree
Amat for Fernandez? on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 1234 viewsjamieswan78

Most teams struggle with set pieces, at best we are a mid table premier league club, where are we going to find better than FF within our transfer budget and wage structure?

Glad we have Amat and he seems to avoid trouble, he's 3rd place centre back for me though.

With Michu and later Bony we punched above our weight for a few years as we probably won a few games we wouldn't have won without their ability to take chances. The last 2 draws would probably have been wins with either of these 2 in the team.
Amat for Fernandez? on 21:03 - Feb 6 with 1213 viewsPozuelosSideys

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:40 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

When will people learn. Last time they wanted FF dropped they got their wish. Mr Bartley was put in. Some people have very short memories.

If he was dropped and Amat put in and had a mare the same people would be clambering for FF to be reinstated.

Nobody wanted Bartley put in instead though did they?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Amat for Fernandez? on 21:32 - Feb 6 with 1168 viewsJackFish

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:21 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Barring the Sunderland 10 man/offisde fiasco, we have only conceded goals from open play in one of our last 9 league games and that was at Old Trafford.

I think that would suggest that our centre backs, and defensive as a whole in fact is doing pretty bloody well, and certainly good enough for the Premier League.

Exactly. Scoring goals is our problem and has been for most of the season. The back five is fine. Definitely need to work on defending set pieces though.
Amat for Fernandez? on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 1142 viewsjasonbromham

Amat is the better player for me. Younger, more hungry and committed. Federico Fernandez makes way to many mistakes, for all of his good defending he makes the same amount of mistakes. It's frustrating at times it really is. I also think we need to look at our full backs in the summer. We need young blood with pace to burn. Rangel can't get up and down anymore and Taylor really struggles against quick players like zaha.
Amat for Fernandez? on 21:58 - Feb 6 with 1118 viewsPozuelosSideys

Amat for Fernandez? on 21:43 - Feb 6 by jasonbromham

Amat is the better player for me. Younger, more hungry and committed. Federico Fernandez makes way to many mistakes, for all of his good defending he makes the same amount of mistakes. It's frustrating at times it really is. I also think we need to look at our full backs in the summer. We need young blood with pace to burn. Rangel can't get up and down anymore and Taylor really struggles against quick players like zaha.

All full backs struggle with pace like Zaha has. Taylor is one of the quicker full back in the division i think - rarely does he have that problem? (may be wrong)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Amat for Fernandez? on 22:56 - Feb 6 with 1080 viewsUxbridge

Odd thread..

Didn't we see what happened when Fernandez didn't play? And anyway he wasn't the one abdicating his defensive responsibilities at times today.

Amat is a more than able deputy though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:00 - Feb 6 with 1077 viewsmax936

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:39 - Feb 6 by Darran

FF is a great player.

He's not mush no where near what we need sorry not dominant enough stands off players and distribution poor, yes he's got better but not enough. If we do stay in the premier and Guldolin stays we'll bring in another CB to replace him.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 10:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:01 - Feb 6 with 1075 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 22:56 - Feb 6 by Uxbridge

Odd thread..

Didn't we see what happened when Fernandez didn't play? And anyway he wasn't the one abdicating his defensive responsibilities at times today.

Amat is a more than able deputy though.

Absolutely Andrew.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 1072 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:00 - Feb 6 by max936

He's not mush no where near what we need sorry not dominant enough stands off players and distribution poor, yes he's got better but not enough. If we do stay in the premier and Guldolin stays we'll bring in another CB to replace him.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 10:01]

He's an old school centre half and people don't like it.

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:06 - Feb 6 with 1060 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

fernadez needs a f u cking kick up the ar se

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:07 - Feb 6 with 1054 viewsmax936

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:02 - Feb 6 by Darran

He's an old school centre half and people don't like it.

Not good enough mush neither is Amat nice and tidy yes but not good enough, lve said in another thread that we need a master there a dominant CB who can play, may not be cheap , but then again look a Danns or Huth, or tempt Alan Hansen out of retirement

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:08 - Feb 6 with 1047 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:07 - Feb 6 by max936

Not good enough mush neither is Amat nice and tidy yes but not good enough, lve said in another thread that we need a master there a dominant CB who can play, may not be cheap , but then again look a Danns or Huth, or tempt Alan Hansen out of retirement

Yeah you'd love one of your Liverpool idols wouldn't you?

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:13 - Feb 6 with 1040 viewsNeathJack

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:07 - Feb 6 by max936

2 goals conceded from open play (both at Old Trafford) in 9 games bar the Sunderland officiating farce.

While we need to sort out defending corners, to suggest that our centre backs aren't good enough given that recent record is ludicrous.

I would imagine every other club would love to have that record.
Amat for Fernandez? on 23:19 - Feb 6 with 1024 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:13 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

2 goals conceded from open play (both at Old Trafford) in 9 games bar the Sunderland officiating farce.

While we need to sort out defending corners, to suggest that our centre backs aren't good enough given that recent record is ludicrous.

I would imagine every other club would love to have that record.

Leave it Paul his face doesn't fit with some and it'll be like that until the day he leaves.

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:20 - Feb 6 with 1016 viewsNeathJack

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:19 - Feb 6 by Darran

Leave it Paul his face doesn't fit with some and it'll be like that until the day he leaves.

It appears that way.
Amat for Fernandez? on 23:23 - Feb 6 with 1012 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:20 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

It appears that way.

Yep.

Amat for Fernandez? on 00:10 - Feb 7 with 979 viewsStarsky

Our defensive record on the whole is not too bad considering our league position.
Williams & Fernandez are my choice to see it through.
Maybe we should score more goals to take the pressure off the defence.

I would say though... If anybody did a you tube compilation of FF goal attempts it would be horrific. Trending easily
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 1:47]

It's just the internet, init.

Amat for Fernandez? on 00:50 - Feb 7 with 943 viewsTheKirkyLife

From looking at all responses it seems pretty clear that Fernandez has many supporters, many haters, but few so, so's.

Definitely more supporters than haters.

My personal feeling on the matter is that himself and Amat are kinda on the same page. Both are good defenders but have their flaws. Fernandez is a little weak for my liking and switches off more often that I would personally like whilst Amat is not as pacey and is more prone to the reckless challenges.

Either would do me but I wouldn't say no trying to up either of them.
Amat for Fernandez? on 00:58 - Feb 7 with 934 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There's good reason why he isn't getting near the Argentina squad any more.

He's our second best centre back though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Amat for Fernandez? on 01:38 - Feb 7 with 918 viewsBanosswan

Amat for Fernandez? on 00:58 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

There's good reason why he isn't getting near the Argentina squad any more.

He's our second best centre back though.

I used to like max, mainly because of the rugby thing. But f me, he's clueless.

And slightly illiterate.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Amat for Fernandez? on 03:26 - Feb 7 with 893 viewscaerleon_jack

#bringbackChico

Insert something witty here

Amat for Fernandez? on 06:37 - Feb 7 with 877 viewsEasternJack

This old chestnut. Time to put this to bed...

Ash is much more error prone but Fede is unlucky that the mistakes he makes more often leads to goals. I think I must wear different glasses to many on here.

Amt's a decent player and a solid backup (that may end up fitting well in a back 3), but 4 managers now have had a look at him and not made him a 1st choice defender.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Amat for Fernandez? on 08:20 - Feb 7 with 830 viewsStarsky

Amat for Fernandez? on 06:37 - Feb 7 by EasternJack

This old chestnut. Time to put this to bed...

Ash is much more error prone but Fede is unlucky that the mistakes he makes more often leads to goals. I think I must wear different glasses to many on here.

Amt's a decent player and a solid backup (that may end up fitting well in a back 3), but 4 managers now have had a look at him and not made him a 1st choice defender.

That is bollocks... Amat has made errors leading to a goal

It's just the internet, init.

Amat for Fernandez? on 09:56 - Feb 7 with 769 viewsjohnlangy

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:40 - Feb 6 by Landore_Jack

Maybe, but Fede was marking Dan. He was slow to react. Probably ball watching.

But Ash was definitely out of position. At least Fede was there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024