Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow 21:30 - Feb 6 with 4102 viewsandrew

Based on what I've seen from this boy.

Don't think he should start, but must and I mean must be brought on earlier in the second half, he can rip defenders apart late in the game.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Barrow on 21:33 - Feb 6 with 3195 viewsJackfath

Agreed.

I'd like to know why he gets special treatment from our singers and yet someone like Gylfi or Cork, haven't got a song.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Barrow on 21:39 - Feb 6 with 3159 viewsjasonbromham

Barrow on 21:33 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

Agreed.

I'd like to know why he gets special treatment from our singers and yet someone like Gylfi or Cork, haven't got a song.

I think it was being sung as it was catching on more than anything, gylfi does have a song though?
Barrow on 21:40 - Feb 6 with 3149 viewsJackfath

Barrow on 21:39 - Feb 6 by jasonbromham

I think it was being sung as it was catching on more than anything, gylfi does have a song though?

Was it sung today?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Barrow on 21:42 - Feb 6 with 3111 viewsLandore_Jack

Barrow on 21:33 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

Agreed.

Gylfi has no song? Have you watched us for the past two seasons?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 22:47]

#backtojack

Barrow on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 3108 viewsDarran

Barrow on 21:40 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

Was it sung today?

Nothing much was sung today.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Barrow on 21:44 - Feb 6 with 3095 viewsandrew

Was when he scored, very loudly actually.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Barrow on 21:45 - Feb 6 with 3089 viewsairedale

When he comes on in the 2nd, he's at it then at a 100mph. Could be that if he started, he'd have to pace himself and we'd see a different sort of player.
Barrow on 21:50 - Feb 6 with 3054 viewsLeonisGod

He scares defenders stiff, but has no end product. We've another winger on the bench who scares defenders stiff and does have an end product. I know who I'd like to see more of. (ThAt's not taking anything away from Barrow, but Jeff must be wondering what he's got to do).
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow on 21:53 - Feb 6 with 3016 viewsMillJack

He's a million times better off the bench. Not convinced that he has the nous to start a game against a fully fit full back just yet, although he looks great against players with 60 minutes of football in their legs.

Routledge wasn't as bright as he was against West Brom but he certainly wasn't anywhere near as bad as some were making out on the way out of the stadium this evening.
Barrow on 21:55 - Feb 6 with 3006 viewsLandore_Jack

Wayne had a great chance in first half. It should have been 2-0.

#backtojack

Barrow on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 2900 viewsJango

Barrow on 21:50 - Feb 6 by LeonisGod

He scares defenders stiff, but has no end product. We've another winger on the bench who scares defenders stiff and does have an end product. I know who I'd like to see more of. (ThAt's not taking anything away from Barrow, but Jeff must be wondering what he's got to do).

What end product does Montero have?
Barrow on 22:28 - Feb 6 with 2830 viewssherpajacob

Barrow on 22:14 - Feb 6 by Jango

What end product does Montero have?

i dont know the exact stats, but i woukd guess montero has a lot more assists than barrow.

barrow is exciting, but it rarely produces goals, maybe we could get newcastle to pay £12m for him

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Barrow on 22:28 - Feb 6 with 2825 viewsSS2013

Was it sung today?

Yes it was, were you at the game ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Barrow on 22:34 - Feb 6 with 2783 viewsDr_Winston

Barrow on 22:28 - Feb 6 by sherpajacob

i dont know the exact stats, but i woukd guess montero has a lot more assists than barrow.

barrow is exciting, but it rarely produces goals, maybe we could get newcastle to pay £12m for him

Barrow is rarely on the pitch long enough to create anything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Barrow on 22:36 - Feb 6 with 2767 viewsopinionatedjack

Jack fath doesn't go to games. The teacher does
Barrow on 23:11 - Feb 6 with 2644 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

start the boy

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Barrow on 23:18 - Feb 6 with 2611 viewsjojaca

Barrow on 22:34 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Barrow is rarely on the pitch long enough to create anything.

The boy needs a run of at least 5/6 games starting. He could potentially be our Jamie Vardy and I think he is quicker than Vardy.

Even when you know, you never know?

Barrow on 23:35 - Feb 6 with 2560 viewssully49

We were gagging for a wide player from the first 5 minutes. He has to start next week, when he came he gave us an new lease of life and a more attaking dimension. A start for Montero, perhaps?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Barrow on 23:43 - Feb 6 with 2533 viewsbuilthjack

Was it sung today?

Deaf?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barrow on 23:54 - Feb 6 with 2486 viewsswanstillidai

Barrow on 23:18 - Feb 6 by jojaca

The boy needs a run of at least 5/6 games starting. He could potentially be our Jamie Vardy and I think he is quicker than Vardy.

Was saying the same thing to my mate earlier, but I think our management is handling his raw talent pretty well right now.

He seems to be oozing confidence at the minute.

Defo one to watch next season.
Barrow on 03:15 - Feb 7 with 2322 viewsDavillin

I wonder sometimes.

At the moment, I think Andrew is right, and that's not a negative at all.

I think Barrow has improved every time he plays. How many times today did he skin a defender to either get a cross in, win a nifty corner, or get himself in front of the net with a chance to create a goal? More often than anyone else.

I wouldn't put him before Routledgi, but he can certainly fill in for him.
He's one for the future, AND one for the present.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Barrow on 03:29 - Feb 7 with 2314 viewscaerleon_jack

What impressed me most today was his defensive work and his willingness to challenge Palace players for the ball, something you don't see a lot of from Jeff. For a scrawny lad he's not afraid to mix it with bigger players.

Insert something witty here

Barrow on 05:23 - Feb 7 with 2278 viewsEasternJack

Routledge is a no-brainer in our current formation as he gives us stability/shape as well as an attacking threat.

I'm not as convinced that Barrow should be ahead of Montero as a more attacking option. I get that Montero sometimes looks 1-dimensional with his play - particularly in the latter days of Garry, however I feel that he poses a much greater overall goal threat than Barrow and we've got to believe that Guidolin can get him back to his dangerous best.

Don't get be wrong, Barrow looks like a decent prospect, but he still looks a bit raw.

Our issue as a team right now is goals. Part of the problem is that we're playing so narrow in every game and are dependent on 2 full backs who don't (often) have an end product.

If we had played with wingers, I don't believe we would have dropped those 4 points vs Palace and West Brom.

Anyway - back to my original point. Wasn't sure about posting it as it goes against the mainstream view so thought I'd see if the stats backed up my thoughts... (data is based on per 90 mins which is a decent leveller of game time)

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/modou_barrow/1

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Barrow on 08:07 - Feb 7 with 2162 viewsWhiterockin

Barrow on 21:43 - Feb 6 by Darran

Nothing much was sung today.

Backs up what is often said. The West Stand don't sing and support just criticise.
Barrow on 08:18 - Feb 7 with 2139 viewsJackfath

Barrow on 08:07 - Feb 7 by Whiterockin

Backs up what is often said. The West Stand don't sing and support just criticise.

Not criticising, just making an observation as some who were in the East have stated they outsang the Palace fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024