Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD 23:57 - Feb 6 with 2828 viewsDarran

All you can hear is the Palace fans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

MOTD on 00:01 - Feb 7 with 2810 viewsAndy1300

Yawn

Number 1 team in Wales

MOTD on 00:02 - Feb 7 with 2802 viewsDarran

MOTD on 00:01 - Feb 7 by Andy1300

Yawn

Go to bed if you're tired Andrew.

MOTD on 00:47 - Feb 7 with 2704 viewsSimonM

As a one off I traded my normal East stand ticket for a seat in the west today. I don't know if we were unusually quiet, because normally when I'm amongst the singing section it feels like we're pretty loud, but from over in the west our fans seemed extremely quiet today. Could hardly hear us. As Darren said, all you could hear at the time was the Palace fans and it came across the same on MOTD. I suppose they were pretty loud and constant and sometimes that makes us go into our shell a bit.
MOTD on 08:06 - Feb 7 with 2525 viewsbuilthjack

The west is almost always quiet

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

MOTD on 08:16 - Feb 7 with 2497 viewsJackfath

MOTD on 08:06 - Feb 7 by builthjack

The east isn't though is it? So what happened yesterday?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

MOTD on 08:47 - Feb 7 with 2437 viewsDewi1jack

If the Saga and rugrat stands were to vocally show their support a little bit, then there may be a chance of out singing the opposition fans.
Even a tiny bit would do
We normally outsing the home fans when we're away from home.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

MOTD on 09:49 - Feb 7 with 2308 viewsraynor94

If only an original song was sung, with words! it's the same der der der, every week, fair play palace were excellent yesterday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

MOTD on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 2226 viewsymaohyd

I thought the Palace fans were magnificent. Tuneful, great variety of songs and completely outsung us. Credit where it's due.

I find it really frustrating when an away crowd come down like that and sing non stop. I sit in the family stand, so being opposite them, the sound carries, but have to say the best supporters I've seen, very European.

Our crowd were quieter than usual, but still not too bad, but outclassed I'm affraid.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

MOTD on 11:34 - Feb 7 with 2149 viewsPrivate_Partz

MOTD on 10:36 - Feb 7 by ymaohyd

I thought the Palace fans were magnificent. Tuneful, great variety of songs and completely outsung us. Credit where it's due.

I find it really frustrating when an away crowd come down like that and sing non stop. I sit in the family stand, so being opposite them, the sound carries, but have to say the best supporters I've seen, very European.

Our crowd were quieter than usual, but still not too bad, but outclassed I'm affraid.

They irritate the hell out of me. If I wanted see a choreographed dancing and singing troup then I would go and watch it in the Brangwyn. Chanting devoid of humour and I would not be surprised if it gets on their player's t!ts having that every match. The choir dried up when we scored and only got into gear when they scored the equaliser.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

MOTD on 11:48 - Feb 7 with 2124 viewsBenJ94

Their drummer was good yesterday, as someone States, they were loud and pretty much constantly sung throughout the game, where was our drummer yesterday? I thought he was meant to be the one who got everyone going? Poor effort from him and our fans yesterday!
MOTD on 11:51 - Feb 7 with 2113 viewsPrivate_Partz

MOTD on 11:48 - Feb 7 by BenJ94

Their drummer was good yesterday, as someone States, they were loud and pretty much constantly sung throughout the game, where was our drummer yesterday? I thought he was meant to be the one who got everyone going? Poor effort from him and our fans yesterday!

The drummer was either do some percussion as well or he had a mate with another drum. I supect it is only a matter of time before they have a brass band like the Barry Horns and those following England who play the Great Escape......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

MOTD on 17:47 - Feb 7 with 1964 viewsjackrabbit

Talking of MOTD, is it my imagination or are Swans becoming a bit of an afterthought? Twice this week, our 1-1 draws have been last on (after midnight on Tuesday), whereas on Tuesday, Arsenal's 0-0 with Southampton (?) was shown halfway through the program and last night Southampton's 1-0 win over W Ham was shown before our game.

I had thought the natural order of things was highest scoring games first - Big Six teams shown first within the high scoring games - then modest 3-1s, 2-1s and 2-0s, then draws: 3-3s, 2-2s and 1-1s, then 1-0s, followed ignominiously by 0-0s.

Now it seems to be, "as above, but Swans on last." I blame Lineker. Shifty sod.
MOTD on 19:09 - Feb 7 with 1894 viewsSkaFace

Did they have a bigger drum? Definitely louder.

Pardew knows the value of the 12th man, saw him gesturing to the away end to start up and keep going towards the end of the game. I've not seen our managers do that, although I know Ayew does it and a few other players.

I've noticed that often when it does get going, our singing and clapping speeds up to the point of climax! Premature Jack elation!!!
Pressure on PoG to keep it going slow and steady (Swiss Tony!), but the only way to continue and drown out the away fans.

As for MoTD, New song to add to the collection, to the tune of Tom Hark, "always last, on Match of the day..(repeat)"
MOTD on 19:16 - Feb 7 with 1869 viewsjacabertawe

MOTD on 08:06 - Feb 7 by builthjack

Yes, almost shamefully so, with few exceptions (such as us!). I don't understand fans who are so unmoved by play and even us scoring. The vast majority in the west stay seated throughout and never join in vocal support.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

MOTD on 19:27 - Feb 7 with 1850 viewsjacktheladette

I sit in the south stand and it has gone noticeably quieter lately - I sing along, but half the time I'm on my own which embarrasses my two boys (so that's a bonus ). Have to say, I hate it when they play Hymns and Arias over the speakers at the start - that is the one time everyone normally joins in so it seems totally unnecessary and spoils the effect of the whole stadium singing together. From where I sit the north-east corner always sounds loud but the Palace fans are always one of the loudest visiting teams - just as loud as we are when away from home.
MOTD on 22:02 - Feb 7 with 1767 viewsbarry_island

Perhaps we need some new flags with things on there like

"Llanelli Hultras"

"The referee is a blind side flanker

"Let's talk about stats -we're only here for the numbers"

Another idea is why don't we have someone with a megaphone wandering the West Stand Aisle starting the singing, like a Continental Leonard from Pennard (R I P).

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

MOTD on 22:09 - Feb 7 with 1747 viewsDarran

MOTD on 22:02 - Feb 7 by barry_island

Perhaps we need some new flags with things on there like

"Llanelli Hultras"

"The referee is a blind side flanker

"Let's talk about stats -we're only here for the numbers"

Another idea is why don't we have someone with a megaphone wandering the West Stand Aisle starting the singing, like a Continental Leonard from Pennard (R I P).

I remember playing Yeovil away a few years ago and some twàt in the home end had a megaphone.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 22:13]

MOTD on 22:10 - Feb 7 with 1744 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What happened to the giant shirt?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

MOTD on 22:15 - Feb 7 with 1725 viewsbarry_island

Ditched as it didn't have the invisible engravings.

MOTD on 23:19 - Feb 7 with 1657 viewsDewi1jack

MOTD on 22:15 - Feb 7 by barry_island

Ditched as it didn't have the invisible engravings.

Can we still get them in Debenhams or only in the club shop.
Think Debenhams have sold out of the World Trade Centre badges now.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

MOTD on 06:47 - Feb 8 with 1573 viewsbarry_island

Cwmdu store has limited availability...

MOTD on 13:57 - Feb 8 with 1463 viewsoldgrey

Classic post. Should be resurrected for new people.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 13:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024