Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hennessey 11:33 - Feb 7 with 5658 viewsowainglyndwr

Fair play to him he made a big effort to clap each stand of Swans fans at the end.
In fact you would say that he had se sort of soft spot for us
Hennessey on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 2063 viewsjacksfullaces

so in short a number of people clap the opposition keeper, 1-2 seem to feel it is wrong to do so. why it merits a I'm right/You're wrong debate is beyond me. People need to get out more... a lot more ....or actually debate the more important things in life.
Hennessey on 08:29 - Feb 8 with 1867 viewsDewi1jack

I always want Hennessey to have a good game, except when the b'stard is playing us of course.
Didn't clap him, but he did make some important saves and have a good game.
Is clapping someone at the end of the game really so bad?

Live and let live people

IMHO, clapping and cheering the opposition players through the game or when they're warming up/ coming on is worse, even if they are playing for your favourite Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.
They're the opposition and trying to stop us getting 3 points FFS. Throw the abuse!
Coming down the front and getting photos of them training like some fuggin tourist should also be stopped.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Hennessey on 09:07 - Feb 8 with 1849 viewsProfessor

Hennessey on 08:29 - Feb 8 by Dewi1jack

I always want Hennessey to have a good game, except when the b'stard is playing us of course.
Didn't clap him, but he did make some important saves and have a good game.
Is clapping someone at the end of the game really so bad?

Live and let live people

IMHO, clapping and cheering the opposition players through the game or when they're warming up/ coming on is worse, even if they are playing for your favourite Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.
They're the opposition and trying to stop us getting 3 points FFS. Throw the abuse!
Coming down the front and getting photos of them training like some fuggin tourist should also be stopped.

When did we get mean spirited? Former players usually got applauded at the Vetch. I particularly remember warm applause for Tommy Craig. The old East terrace and stand always applauded the opposition keeper. Even George Wood was applauded at Cardiff away at the end of the game after taking 90 minutes of abuse from the Grange end. There is nothing wrong with being fair minded. We once had a reputation for this and appreciating good play.
Hennessey on 09:37 - Feb 8 with 1822 viewsraynor94

Hennessey on 09:07 - Feb 8 by Professor

When did we get mean spirited? Former players usually got applauded at the Vetch. I particularly remember warm applause for Tommy Craig. The old East terrace and stand always applauded the opposition keeper. Even George Wood was applauded at Cardiff away at the end of the game after taking 90 minutes of abuse from the Grange end. There is nothing wrong with being fair minded. We once had a reputation for this and appreciating good play.

It's the way of the world these days, how sad to read grown men advocating hurling abuse at opposition players, do they think it lessens their performance? it certainly doesn't with Andy Carroll

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hennessey on 10:16 - Feb 8 with 1804 viewsBloodyhills

Hennessey on 12:20 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

Ah so we'd have clapped off Ledley too then if he was there???

Ledley is an utter cvunt though.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Hennessey on 11:53 - Feb 8 with 1763 viewsChief

Hennessey on 17:33 - Feb 7 by Darran

He should join Llanelli.

I wouldn't recommend it

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Hennessey on 16:34 - Feb 8 with 1673 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hennessey on 13:10 - Feb 7 by PatchesOHoulihan

was thinking a similar thing,

before the game and at half time when the away keeper came out in front of the swans fans he always had a warm round of applause - followed by abuse for the 45 mins but then a clap at the end once it was over. I'm talking 20 years ago so thought my memory was playing tricks as there were no plastics about in those days

Now here is a story about abusing keepers for 45 minutes.

Mark Kendall (god bless him) used to get slaughtered every game by 1 or 2 of ours in the east terrace back in the day.

One game when he wasn't playing (He didn't play many) he went and stood by them for 90 minutes ,think he did it a couple of times..... good guy was Kendall
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 16:39]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Hennessey on 18:12 - Feb 8 with 1636 viewsDavillin

Hennessey on 17:51 - Feb 7 by jacksfullaces

so in short a number of people clap the opposition keeper, 1-2 seem to feel it is wrong to do so. why it merits a I'm right/You're wrong debate is beyond me. People need to get out more... a lot more ....or actually debate the more important things in life.

You're tending toward being unkind.

I thought that this was an excellent thread discussing a subject worthy of discourse.

But then I'm old and come from a different generation of sports fans, before the internet taught us to be discourteous in our negativity. Some of us.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Hennessey on 18:18 - Feb 8 with 1624 viewslondonlisa2001

And they say Americans don't do irony ...
Hennessey on 18:23 - Feb 8 with 1613 viewsBanosswan

I thought our stands emptied at 85 minutes anyway.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Hennessey on 18:38 - Feb 8 with 1593 viewsawayjack

Hennessey on 17:22 - Feb 7 by Chief

The guy only gets the chance to play in Wales once a season in the league and he has no Cardiff connection. Good on him clapping some of the fans who'll be supporting him in France in a few months

This. I respect most welsh players and can't understand how much hatred there is towards Welsh sportsmen that are not from swansea. Each to their own I suppose but why so many see us as so parochial.
Hennessey on 04:01 - Feb 9 with 1504 viewsskippyjack

Well the Lib have applauded..

Ryan Giggs
Leicester
Danny Graham.. just after kick off.. and a rapturous applause when he scored.
Max Boyce
Some bloke from Corrie
Enzo Maccarinelli
You can add Hennessey now
Clapped Bony.. for scoring against us.
Shaun MacDonald.. the Swansea great
OTJ got clapped.. another stalwart
Andy Robinson

Booed Scott Sinclair, Jordi Gomez, Martinez, Rodgers.. possibly 3 of the most important components of Swansea's rise. Booed Joe Allen.. booed Luke Moore while he played for us.. Borini had a little stick.. Pratley got pelters.. Jason Scotland got stick.. Rory Fallon got stick.

The only rationale we've dished out, was for Stylian Petrov.. booing Caulker... and booing Anderson

Any more you'd like to add?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Hennessey on 07:46 - Feb 9 with 1463 viewsdickythorpe

Hennessey on 04:01 - Feb 9 by skippyjack

Ryan Giggs
Leicester
Max Boyce
Some bloke from Corrie
Enzo Maccarinelli
Andy Robinson

Booed Scott Sinclair, Jordi Gomez, Martinez, Rodgers.. possibly 3 of the most important components of Swansea's rise. Booed Joe Allen.. booed Luke Moore while he played for us.. Borini had a little stick.. Pratley got pelters.. Jason Scotland got stick.. Rory Fallon got stick.

The only rationale we've dished out, was for Stylian Petrov.. booing Caulker... and booing Anderson

Threw John Bond and his cigars out of the club shop.
Hennessey on 08:37 - Feb 9 with 1440 viewsDevz00

Hennessey on 04:01 - Feb 9 by skippyjack

Ryan Giggs
Leicester
Max Boyce
Some bloke from Corrie
Enzo Maccarinelli
Andy Robinson

You can add Frank Lampard to the applause list. It was more cringe worthy at SB though.

Giggs might have been clapped at some point but I remember a lot of local man u fans getting riled when he got booed when being substituted at the Liberty in our first season.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Hennessey on 00:06 - Feb 10 with 1323 viewsEvanski

The guy only gets the chance to play in Wales once a season in the league and he has no Cardiff connection. Good on him clapping some of the fans who'll be supporting him in France in a few months

Hear hear.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Hennessey on 06:46 - Feb 10 with 1318 viewsjackal

Hennessey on 12:20 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

Ah so we'd have clapped off Ledley too then if he was there???

Hennessey is a decent guy clapping fellow Welshmen.

Ledley is an obnoxious scumbag who's only acknowledgement to us is to spit at us. I 've seen him do it on two occasions.
Hennessey on 07:55 - Feb 10 with 1295 viewsKilkennyjack

Exactly. I think the majority of swans fans get this.

Beware of the Risen People

Hennessey on 07:02 - Feb 11 with 1206 viewsNick_Chan

Wayne was a gentleman, made my grandson very happy last Saturday, not like that prima doña Adebeyor who totally blanked us.
Hennessey on 08:58 - Feb 11 with 1162 viewsshandyjack

Hennessey on 07:55 - Feb 10 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly. I think the majority of swans fans get this.

ah lovely, i'll be sure to clap Ramsey when he plays against us in a few weeks

Poll: Expectation for the season

Hennessey on 14:08 - Feb 11 with 1111 viewsProfessor

Hennessey on 07:02 - Feb 11 by Nick_Chan

Wayne was a gentleman, made my grandson very happy last Saturday, not like that prima doña Adebeyor who totally blanked us.

Good to see that Nick

Seems a good bloke. There is nothing wrong with decency and sportsmanship from fans or players. It can be done with fun and good humour.

My favourite was not watching the swans but Glamorgan at Sophia Gardens. Ian Botham was in the absolute twilight of his career playing for Durham. He took a huge amount of abuse -"YFB" then "Sumo, sumo". Sir Ian then started to do the sumo moves at the non-strikers end. He was out cheaply (I think to his old mate Sir Viv). The whole crowd rose to applaud him off, much of it in recognition of his achievements and the fact he was unlike to face Glammy again, but also to the fact he was a good sport. He is a man with faults and flaws but always recognised fans make professional sport.
Hennessey on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 1071 viewsDaggyjack

Hennessey on 12:06 - Feb 7 by Darran

Wales weren't playing f*ck him.

Think you may need to grow up if that's your attitude...
I'm guessing it isn't though deep down.
Hennessey on 16:34 - Feb 11 with 1058 viewsDarran

Hennessey on 16:24 - Feb 11 by Daggyjack

Think you may need to grow up if that's your attitude...
I'm guessing it isn't though deep down.

Nah f*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hennessey on 17:57 - Feb 11 with 1014 viewsDaggyjack

Hennessey on 16:34 - Feb 11 by Darran

Nah f*ck him.

Fair enough...
Well done Wayne, top man.
Hennessey on 22:30 - Feb 11 with 961 viewsKilkennyjack

Hennessey on 08:58 - Feb 11 by shandyjack

ah lovely, i'll be sure to clap Ramsey when he plays against us in a few weeks

Not the same thing at all - but if you wish to clap Rambo then thats your choice.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024