Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why can't we convert our chances 14:47 - Feb 7 with 2746 viewsvetchonian

We are creating a lot of scoring opportunities at the moment but do not seem able to convert them to goals why?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why can't we convert our chances on 15:28 - Feb 7 with 2208 viewsveng9

Are we really? To me it seems like we're too slow to get the ball forward and aren't creating enough good chances. I have full confidence in Paloschi, Sigurdsson and Ayew to put away most good chances but if by the time we've got the ball near the box the other team has managed to get half their team in it we'll always find it difficult to score.
Why can't we convert our chances on 15:32 - Feb 7 with 2195 viewsPrivate_Partz

Why can't we convert our chances on 15:28 - Feb 7 by veng9

Are we really? To me it seems like we're too slow to get the ball forward and aren't creating enough good chances. I have full confidence in Paloschi, Sigurdsson and Ayew to put away most good chances but if by the time we've got the ball near the box the other team has managed to get half their team in it we'll always find it difficult to score.

I am sure Frankie is aware of this and working on it. Having said that we had more opportunities yesterday than say against West Brom.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 2139 viewssully49

We haven't replaced Bony, Gomis started to show some gumption but why did he then dry up? Maybe Paloschi will be the answer or at least make Gomis fight for the position either way it's a win, win for us.
Unfortunately there is always a but here, but we just haven't got the time to see what happens, we have to sort it out by the next game, as every single point is vital for us.
By drawing yesterday, instead of thinking, 3 points off Palace then we could get away with a draw v Southampton, now means we are under pressure to win, especially with our games coming up.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 22:00]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:37 - Feb 7 with 2115 viewsGh0st

Well our new striker has started 1 game and our manager has just arrived, fancy giving them another game?
Why can't we convert our chances on 16:37 - Feb 7 with 2114 viewsMervyn

you make it sound like we missed a couple of sitters.....give palace some credit with their defence they had big men and lots of them....also people forget how many chances or perhaps half chances Bonny used to miss.Shame you dont get .5 of a goal for dominance or effort
Why can't we convert our chances on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 2106 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:37 - Feb 7 by Gh0st

Well our new striker has started 1 game and our manager has just arrived, fancy giving them another game?

Stop being so reasonable. We need instant gratification.

Poll: Tory leader

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:43 - Feb 7 with 2089 viewsvetchonian

Is it a matter of confidence? This wasn't meant as a critiscism more an opening of a debate. We appear to be creating lots more scoring opportunities but don't seem to be able to make them pay.
Sometimes it still appears that no one wants to take responsibility in or around the box

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 2047 viewsmagicdaps10

We are not creating.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:58 - Feb 7 with 2039 viewsvetchonian

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:57 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

We are not creating.

Obviously not at the game yesterday?

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:00 - Feb 7 with 2030 viewsMervyn

teams with far more attacking threat than us dont take their chances....look at everton the other week.......oh to be 3 nil up at half time watching the swans
Why can't we convert our chances on 17:01 - Feb 7 with 2018 viewsmagicdaps10

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:58 - Feb 7 by vetchonian

Well we are not creating enough i should say, naive or rose tinted if you think otherwise sorry.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:02 - Feb 7 with 2002 viewsunion_jack

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:00 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

teams with far more attacking threat than us dont take their chances....look at everton the other week.......oh to be 3 nil up at half time watching the swans

And even then it's not plain sailing.

Play off final?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 1995 viewsvetchonian

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:01 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

Well we are not creating enough i should say, naive or rose tinted if you think otherwise sorry.

Routledge and Ayew in the first half had 2 good chances, Fede and Ash 2nd half plus we got into lots of goal scoring positions

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:10 - Feb 7 with 1981 viewsjasper_T

We've not missed any more than Everton or Watford have.
Why can't we convert our chances on 17:30 - Feb 7 with 1947 viewsMervyn

That was on my mind as i sent it.....your dead right , to give yourself a chance to survive the game you need to do a few laps of the stadium before kick off so that your heart rate is well prepared for the threshold zone they constantly put us through
Why can't we convert our chances on 18:38 - Feb 7 with 1882 viewsPawelAbbott

We had a lot of attacking possession against Palace but kept insisting on crossing it into the box. Palaces centre backs are 6'5 and 6'3, two of our forward are under 5'10. They were never going to beat them in the air. We need to get behind the defence with pace or play quick ball on the floor and not work it wide to then cross it at head height to two short arses.
Why can't we convert our chances on 18:58 - Feb 7 with 1845 viewsLeonisGod

Why can't we convert our chances on 16:58 - Feb 7 by vetchonian

How many clear-cut chances did we make then? I didn't see many. Routs' was probably the best of the bunch when he fired wide. Apart from Siggy's second free kick, I'm struggling to think of a save that Hennessey had to make.
Why can't we convert our chances on 19:37 - Feb 7 with 1800 viewsphact0rri

Why can't we convert our chances on 18:58 - Feb 7 by LeonisGod

How many clear-cut chances did we make then? I didn't see many. Routs' was probably the best of the bunch when he fired wide. Apart from Siggy's second free kick, I'm struggling to think of a save that Hennessey had to make.

Thats what I was thinking too. we attacking the goal from almost everywhere around their half. but walk-ins there weren't many. Paloschi had that one near the box that was a decent chance. but aside from that, we were making our own shots. Which realistically isn't a bad mentality at our place on the table.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Why can't we convert our chances on 20:52 - Feb 7 with 1734 viewsDavillin

Why can't we convert our chances on 17:01 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

You might want to distinguish between "creating" chances and "taking" them. I can remember a few games, for a hypothetical example, where we created 3 chances and scored 2.

And to a certain degree, many of the posters above have identified reasons why goals aren't being scored, fewer why chances are not being created.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why can't we convert our chances on 22:46 - Feb 7 with 1637 viewsswansvalleyjack

Why can't we convert our chances on 15:28 - Feb 7 by veng9

Spot on !
Why can't we convert our chances on 22:56 - Feb 7 with 1611 viewsChief

I thought yesterday the problem was converting our ample posession in the opposition half up to the edge of their box into chances.

I didn't think we had that many actual chances,only Routs and Siggys decent shots from quite far out and a few times where it fell to Ash awkwardly in the box. Certainly no sitters

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Why can't we convert our chances on 08:37 - Feb 8 with 1503 viewsPawelAbbott

Why can't we convert our chances on 22:56 - Feb 7 by Chief

I thought yesterday the problem was converting our ample posession in the opposition half up to the edge of their box into chances.

I didn't think we had that many actual chances,only Routs and Siggys decent shots from quite far out and a few times where it fell to Ash awkwardly in the box. Certainly no sitters

I agree. We didn't really cause them too many problems.
We dominated the game but failed to really work the keeper.
I like Paloschi and he links play really well. But, the 2 playing behind him need to be more of a goal threat when playing off him.
Why can't we convert our chances on 08:45 - Feb 8 with 1496 viewsDevz00

Why can't we convert our chances on 08:37 - Feb 8 by PawelAbbott

I agree. We didn't really cause them too many problems.
We dominated the game but failed to really work the keeper.
I like Paloschi and he links play really well. But, the 2 playing behind him need to be more of a goal threat when playing off him.

I just want to point out the joy I just had in reading the main page and seeing the topic ''Why can't we convert our chances'' with the most recent post by ''PawelAbbott''.

Brilliant.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Why can't we convert our chances on 09:01 - Feb 8 with 1480 viewsItchySphincter

Why can't we convert our chances on 18:58 - Feb 7 by LeonisGod

We didn't/don't create an awful lot for our strikers to work with. Far too reticent around the final third.

The Palace game shows exactly where we're at in terms of performance and result. It's not terrible but there's a long way to go yet.

...and before any one jumps on that it's an observation not a criticism.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Why can't we convert our chances on 12:05 - Feb 8 with 1397 viewsDr_Winston

Because as few have been pointing out all season, the way we've been playing is far more of an issue when it comes to our lack of goals than the personnel.

There have been signs of improvement but it's not going to happen overnight. Paloschi needs more and better service just as those who went before him did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024