Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ditch the diamond 18:04 - Feb 7 with 13712 viewsscruffyjack

If we carry on with this formation we will be relegated. I can understand, in certain games, to keep it tight and to accommodate players, but this is now the norm.
Take out Siggy & Ayew the rest of yesterday's team have scored one goal between them. The next highest scorer was on the bench - Gomis. From Bony's departure until the start of September Gomis was scoring goals regularly, but what's happened since? Has Gomis changed his style of play? No, what's changed is the service, or lack of it, which he's had to deal with in the bad spell we had under Monk.
We need to get back to playing wingers - Montero & Barrow preferably, sorry Routledge definitely second choice, & get Gomis back in - give him proper service & he will score.
If we don't do this soon we're up sh*t creek
Ditch the diamond on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 1983 viewsDewi1jack

Ditch the diamond on 19:56 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

Seats on the North Bank? Jesus!

The steps we used to stand on were fukin empty more often than even half full for an awful lot of games.

Where the fuk did I say seats? Learn to read FFS, before engaging your hand. Jesus!!!!

You obviously weren't fukin there when we had crowds??? of under 1,500 in the whole ground for a league game.
Think even less for Welsh Cup games, maybe under the 1,000?
Tesco used to get bigger crowds than we did at times.
Even when we were top flight last time, there were quite a few games that didn't sell out (Wimbledon for one off the top of my head.)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ditch the diamond on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 1971 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 20:40 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

The steps we used to stand on were fukin empty more often than even half full for an awful lot of games.

Where the fuk did I say seats? Learn to read FFS, before engaging your hand. Jesus!!!!

You obviously weren't fukin there when we had crowds??? of under 1,500 in the whole ground for a league game.
Even when we were top flight last time, there were quite a few games that didn't sell out (Wimbledon for one off the top of my head.)

Dreadful attempt at trolling
Ditch the diamond on 21:36 - Feb 7 with 1921 viewsmorningstar

Ditch the diamond on 20:21 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

What a fantastic post.

Couldn't agree more.

Well yes it was a fantastic post but I'm surprised a lady such as yourself would cream herself over a post littered with w**k, f**K and c**T!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ditch the diamond on 21:37 - Feb 7 with 1917 viewsSwaneeRiver

Ditch the diamond on 19:36 - Feb 7 by shimmie

Who the f*ck do people think we are? Fans undermining points gained because we had to show character and grind out results, as if they're not worthy unless we steam roll teams. F*cking news flash for you, we've over achieved for years and now we are in a fight. Every point we gain is massive and will be until the end of the season when we can maybe regroup, go again next season and look like the swansea that's spoilt you c*nts since 2011 (we did exist before then see).

It won't be pretty to watch but not losing is the most important thing between now and may. A relegation threatened team rarely plays with confidence or shows much flair, but showing the right attitude and keeping things tight is the best chance we have in retaining the premier league status so many of our fans seem to w*nk over.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:38]

Excellent post. Spot on
Ditch the diamond on 21:43 - Feb 7 with 1896 viewslondonlisa2001

Ditch the diamond on 21:36 - Feb 7 by morningstar

Well yes it was a fantastic post but I'm surprised a lady such as yourself would cream herself over a post littered with w**k, f**K and c**T!

I ignore those bits :-)

To be fair, it would be pretty difficult to spend time talking about the Swans on here or anywhere else without a thick skin on language! My language is not particularly good I have to admit - years of working in largely male company will tend to do that, although I rarely if ever use the last of those three words !
Ditch the diamond on 21:55 - Feb 7 with 1861 viewsmorningstar

Ditch the diamond on 21:43 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

I ignore those bits :-)

To be fair, it would be pretty difficult to spend time talking about the Swans on here or anywhere else without a thick skin on language! My language is not particularly good I have to admit - years of working in largely male company will tend to do that, although I rarely if ever use the last of those three words !

Yes of course. I totally understand................ Lisa.

Ditch the diamond on 21:58 - Feb 7 with 1855 viewslondonlisa2001

Ditch the diamond on 21:55 - Feb 7 by morningstar

Yes of course. I totally understand................ Lisa.

You're not still carrying on your little issue about whether i'm actually called John are you?

There are quite a number of people on here that have met me you know - and not always on the weekend when I'm in my more girly garb!

It is actually quite insulting you know - I realise you probably don't think it is, but it genuinely is.
Ditch the diamond on 22:01 - Feb 7 with 1846 viewsDewi1jack

Ditch the diamond on 20:47 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

Nowhere as near as bad as your Opener sprog.
Past your beddybyes isn't it?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Ditch the diamond on 22:08 - Feb 7 with 1836 viewsmorningstar

Ditch the diamond on 21:58 - Feb 7 by londonlisa2001

You're not still carrying on your little issue about whether i'm actually called John are you?

There are quite a number of people on here that have met me you know - and not always on the weekend when I'm in my more girly garb!

It is actually quite insulting you know - I realise you probably don't think it is, but it genuinely is.

Nah. It's just a wind up, meeting Lorraine for coffee at hers Wednesday morning, I'm sure she'll fill me in!

Edit: And I never called you John. Johnathan maybe but never John.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 22:11]

Ditch the diamond on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1817 viewsjasper_T

Why would anyone ever use their real name online?
Ditch the diamond on 22:17 - Feb 7 with 1810 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 22:01 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

Nowhere as near as bad as your Opener sprog.
Past your beddybyes isn't it?

Read me like a book grandad nighty night
Ditch the diamond on 22:17 - Feb 7 with 1809 viewsJackanapes

Ditch the diamond on 20:47 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

Yes indeed this entire car crash of a thread is just that.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Ditch the diamond on 22:20 - Feb 7 with 1792 viewsmorningstar

Ditch the diamond on 22:13 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Why would anyone ever use their real name online?

I have no idea Jasper, it is Jasper isn't it?

Though personally speaking, i'm a firm believer that although you may have a username, you shouldn't hide who you are in case anyone wants to have a scrap with you!

Ditch the diamond on 08:50 - Feb 8 with 1625 viewsItchySphincter

Ditch the diamond on 19:04 - Feb 7 by LeonisGod

I'm no fan of it as it doesn't allow us to use our more creative and attacking players properly, like Ayew and Monterro. Any formation that results in Cork popping up around the box is a wrong one in my book. But it does keep us tight, so I can see why they are using it as we are very nervous right now. Our troubles stem from a lack of potency in attack though, so the sooner we can work on that the better. And given our players, the diamond isn't the answer.

If Everton, WBA or Palace could score they would have beaten us easy. We're probably the worst team in the world for getting the ball in the box.

Kyle Naughton against West Brom is a good example - in a position where any footballer in that position should be slinging in the box and he stops, passes it backwards, West Brom get it and go up the other end and carve out an opportunity and eventually score.

The OP is bang on. We're slow and laborious in attack and Paloschi will suffer the same as Gomis if we carry on.

Guidolin is obviously reluctant to tear it up at this stage but if he keeps us up and stays next year I'd expect this diamond boIIocks to be consigned to history.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ditch the diamond on 08:57 - Feb 8 with 1616 viewsItchySphincter

Ditch the diamond on 22:17 - Feb 7 by Jackanapes

Yes indeed this entire car crash of a thread is just that.

One unknown poster that would rather see a bit of width than a diamond and the usual suspects pop up with the "I'm a bigger fan than you" boIIocks. You couldn't make it up.

We have some hideous supporters.

Ditch the diamond on 09:39 - Feb 8 with 1513 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ditch the diamond on 20:40 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

Very few clubs sold out their grounds in 1981/82. Dire stadiums, crowd disorder. Even the big clubs could not fill their stadiums. Only four clubs averaged over 30,000

1 Manchester United 44,688
2 Tottenham Hotspur 35,581
3 Liverpool FC Liverpool FC 35,214
4 Manchester City 34,063
5 Aston Villa 26,764
6 West Ham United 26,585
7 Arsenal FC 25,593
8 Everton FC 24,672
9 Leeds United 22,122
10 Southampton FC 21,996
11 Ipswich Town 21,772
12 Nottingham Forest 19,886
13 Sunderland AFC 19,608
14 Brighton & Hove Albion 18,243
15 Swansea City 18,202
16 Birmingham City 17,061
17 West Bromwich Albion 16,769
18 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15,246
19 Stoke City 14,617
20 Middlesbrough FC 13,431
21 Coventry City 13,131
22 Notts County 11,648

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ditch the diamond on 10:04 - Feb 8 with 1488 viewsDr_Winston

Ditch the diamond on 08:57 - Feb 8 by ItchySphincter

One unknown poster that would rather see a bit of width than a diamond and the usual suspects pop up with the "I'm a bigger fan than you" boIIocks. You couldn't make it up.

We have some hideous supporters.

I'd rather see a bit of width than a diamond. The most entertaining football we've played over the last decade or so used width.

I'm sure Guidolin is doing what he thinks is best with what he has available but I'd be disappointed if it remained our formation of choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ditch the diamond on 10:09 - Feb 8 with 1478 viewsItchySphincter

Ditch the diamond on 10:04 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

I'd rather see a bit of width than a diamond. The most entertaining football we've played over the last decade or so used width.

I'm sure Guidolin is doing what he thinks is best with what he has available but I'd be disappointed if it remained our formation of choice.

Exactly.

Why you don't win POTY every year is a mystery to me!

Ditch the diamond on 10:13 - Feb 8 with 1479 viewsVetchitBack

Ditch the diamond on 09:39 - Feb 8 by felixstowe_jack

Very few clubs sold out their grounds in 1981/82. Dire stadiums, crowd disorder. Even the big clubs could not fill their stadiums. Only four clubs averaged over 30,000

1 Manchester United 44,688
2 Tottenham Hotspur 35,581
3 Liverpool FC Liverpool FC 35,214
4 Manchester City 34,063
5 Aston Villa 26,764
6 West Ham United 26,585
7 Arsenal FC 25,593
8 Everton FC 24,672
9 Leeds United 22,122
10 Southampton FC 21,996
11 Ipswich Town 21,772
12 Nottingham Forest 19,886
13 Sunderland AFC 19,608
14 Brighton & Hove Albion 18,243
15 Swansea City 18,202
16 Birmingham City 17,061
17 West Bromwich Albion 16,769
18 Wolverhampton Wanderers 15,246
19 Stoke City 14,617
20 Middlesbrough FC 13,431
21 Coventry City 13,131
22 Notts County 11,648

Interesting post as someone who wasn't around then.

I think the O.P has been getting a lot of sheep-like abuse but is generally right. Teams who get relegated can't score and it's dawning on me we find it very hard to score more than one (or sometimes even one) and find it equally as hard to defend aerial barrages whilst one up.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ditch the diamond on 10:51 - Feb 8 with 1451 viewsdameedna

We got 6 points from Watford and Everton that were unexpected
West brom and palace were disappointing
But we came very close to a full 12 points
That is a huge improvement whatever the formation
Ditch the diamond on 10:51 - Feb 8 with 1447 viewsItchySphincter

Ditch the diamond on 10:13 - Feb 8 by VetchitBack

I think the O.P has been getting a lot of sheep-like abuse but is generally right. Teams who get relegated can't score and it's dawning on me we find it very hard to score more than one (or sometimes even one) and find it equally as hard to defend aerial barrages whilst one up.

Nailed it.

Ditch the diamond on 11:11 - Feb 8 with 1430 viewsmonmouth

Ditch the diamond on 10:13 - Feb 8 by VetchitBack

Not sure about the relegation point mate. Most teams that go down get penetrated more easily than a cardiff girl in chip alley and have dreadful goal differences of -20plus to prove it. Thirteen more 1-1 draws and we will be perfectly safe. It is defensive soundness that keeps teams afloat. To win games we do just need that second but we were dreadfully unlucky not to get it on Saturday as all the match reports and even Pardew have said. I'm sure some crappy statistic can be found to 'prove' we were actually in trouble on Saturday mind, even if it is a load of shit.

Can't remember what the OP was now, but I'd prefer us to play width too. I think a more adventurous approach would have destroyed both Palace and WBA but that's something we'll never know. So I'm probably agreeing whilst disagreeing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ditch the diamond on 11:14 - Feb 8 with 1423 viewsDafyddHuw

Ditch the diamond on 10:09 - Feb 8 by ItchySphincter

Exactly.

Why you don't win POTY every year is a mystery to me!

Because earlier in the season when we were poor and we beat Aston Villa at theirs, and I said we were just papering over the cracks, he told me I was talking out of my arse.

I'm sure others have similar examples.
Ditch the diamond on 11:32 - Feb 8 with 1403 viewsItchySphincter

Ditch the diamond on 11:14 - Feb 8 by DafyddHuw

Because earlier in the season when we were poor and we beat Aston Villa at theirs, and I said we were just papering over the cracks, he told me I was talking out of my arse.

You don't sound bitter, honest.

To be fair loads of people were trotting out the " we won't be relegated,don't be so stupid" kind of rhetoric, many of them 'well respected' posters. Well respected FFS. Should be called Planet Sheep not Planet Swans.

Ditch the diamond on 12:00 - Feb 8 with 1363 viewsDr_Winston

Ditch the diamond on 11:14 - Feb 8 by DafyddHuw

Don't think that was me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024