Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ditch the diamond 18:04 - Feb 7 with 13725 viewsscruffyjack

If we carry on with this formation we will be relegated. I can understand, in certain games, to keep it tight and to accommodate players, but this is now the norm.
Take out Siggy & Ayew the rest of yesterday's team have scored one goal between them. The next highest scorer was on the bench - Gomis. From Bony's departure until the start of September Gomis was scoring goals regularly, but what's happened since? Has Gomis changed his style of play? No, what's changed is the service, or lack of it, which he's had to deal with in the bad spell we had under Monk.
We need to get back to playing wingers - Montero & Barrow preferably, sorry Routledge definitely second choice, & get Gomis back in - give him proper service & he will score.
If we don't do this soon we're up sh*t creek
Ditch the diamond on 18:06 - Feb 7 with 5726 viewsBenJ94

Wow...
Ditch the diamond on 18:07 - Feb 7 with 5720 viewshammy

Hmm, yes, but we've got 8 points from the last 4 games with this formation. Keep that going and we'll have 53 points by the end of the season ! The more pressing issue is to get our defending from set pieces sorted out.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Ditch the diamond on 18:08 - Feb 7 with 5716 viewsMervyn

Is this a football manager thread
Ditch the diamond on 18:33 - Feb 7 with 5636 viewsjohnlangy

Ditch the diamond on 18:07 - Feb 7 by hammy

Hmm, yes, but we've got 8 points from the last 4 games with this formation. Keep that going and we'll have 53 points by the end of the season ! The more pressing issue is to get our defending from set pieces sorted out.

Agree about set pieces but, even if we don't sort it out, if we can score 5 goals every four games and only let in three, as we've done for the last four, i'll be very happy.
Ditch the diamond on 18:50 - Feb 7 with 5570 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 18:07 - Feb 7 by hammy

Six of the eight points you refer to were against Watford & Everton, & being realistic, we were hanging on in both games, especially Everton. Do you advocate a similar game plan for the rest of the season, with Amat coming on to ' shore' the defence up?
Good luck with that.
Ditch the diamond on 18:57 - Feb 7 with 5542 viewsjohnlangy

Ditch the diamond on 18:50 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

Six of the eight points you refer to were against Watford & Everton, & being realistic, we were hanging on in both games, especially Everton. Do you advocate a similar game plan for the rest of the season, with Amat coming on to ' shore' the defence up?
Good luck with that.

Watford and Everton were two very tough matches. But we've got Norwich and Aston Villa at home, the two probably worst teams in the league, plus Newcastle and Bournemouth away (the last two not easy but less daunting than Watford and Everton).

Even if we win two and lose two of those that will be 33 points with another nine games left.
Ditch the diamond on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 5513 viewshammy

Ditch the diamond on 18:50 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

Good luck with that.

Yep

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Ditch the diamond on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 5513 viewsLeonisGod

I'm no fan of it as it doesn't allow us to use our more creative and attacking players properly, like Ayew and Monterro. Any formation that results in Cork popping up around the box is a wrong one in my book. But it does keep us tight, so I can see why they are using it as we are very nervous right now. Our troubles stem from a lack of potency in attack though, so the sooner we can work on that the better. And given our players, the diamond isn't the answer.
Login to get fewer ads

Ditch the diamond on 19:07 - Feb 7 with 5500 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 18:57 - Feb 7 by johnlangy

Watford and Everton were two very tough matches. But we've got Norwich and Aston Villa at home, the two probably worst teams in the league, plus Newcastle and Bournemouth away (the last two not easy but less daunting than Watford and Everton).

Even if we win two and lose two of those that will be 33 points with another nine games left.

I am/was the eternal optimist until yesterday, & then it dawned on me that if we have to rely on Rangel & Taylor as our primary source of crosses to an eighteen yard box devoid of any real presence & you will understand my concern.
Ditch the diamond on 19:16 - Feb 7 with 5468 viewsjackjackjackjack

Ditch the diamond on 18:57 - Feb 7 by johnlangy

Watford at home isn't a tough match. With the run they've been on it's one of the easiest in the league. Crystal Palace are at the bottom of the form league, so that's another so-called easy game, and West Brom are pretty hopeless at the moment.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:16]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Ditch the diamond on 19:21 - Feb 7 with 5436 viewslonglostjack

Ditch the diamond on 19:16 - Feb 7 by jackjackjackjack

Watford at home isn't a tough match. With the run they've been on it's one of the easiest in the league. Crystal Palace are at the bottom of the form league, so that's another so-called easy game, and West Brom are pretty hopeless at the moment.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:16]

You forgot to mention that Everton had also been on a bad run. Maybe somebody should have told Newcastle and Stoke.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ditch the diamond on 19:26 - Feb 7 with 5403 viewsjackjackjackjack

Ditch the diamond on 19:21 - Feb 7 by longlostjack

You forgot to mention that Everton had also been on a bad run. Maybe somebody should have told Newcastle and Stoke.

I don't get where you think Everton have been on a bad run? That was a great result for us. Their previous 3 games were draws against Spurs, Man City and Chelsea. And have since had the victories you mention.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Ditch the diamond on 19:36 - Feb 7 with 5371 viewsshimmie

Who the f*ck do people think we are? Fans undermining points gained because we had to show character and grind out results, as if they're not worthy unless we steam roll teams. F*cking news flash for you, we've over achieved for years and now we are in a fight. Every point we gain is massive and will be until the end of the season when we can maybe regroup, go again next season and look like the swansea that's spoilt you c*nts since 2011 (we did exist before then see).

It won't be pretty to watch but not losing is the most important thing between now and may. A relegation threatened team rarely plays with confidence or shows much flair, but showing the right attitude and keeping things tight is the best chance we have in retaining the premier league status so many of our fans seem to w*nk over.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:38]
Ditch the diamond on 19:37 - Feb 7 with 5361 viewsDarran

Ditch the diamond on 19:36 - Feb 7 by shimmie

Who the f*ck do people think we are? Fans undermining points gained because we had to show character and grind out results, as if they're not worthy unless we steam roll teams. F*cking news flash for you, we've over achieved for years and now we are in a fight. Every point we gain is massive and will be until the end of the season when we can maybe regroup, go again next season and look like the swansea that's spoilt you c*nts since 2011 (we did exist before then see).

It won't be pretty to watch but not losing is the most important thing between now and may. A relegation threatened team rarely plays with confidence or shows much flair, but showing the right attitude and keeping things tight is the best chance we have in retaining the premier league status so many of our fans seem to w*nk over.

Brilliant Shims I couldn't agree more.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ditch the diamond on 19:37 - Feb 7 with 5361 viewsshandyjack

13 pts from 13 games needed, we currently have 27 from 25, so on the path right now, so no worries from me at the moment

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ditch the diamond on 19:39 - Feb 7 with 5336 viewsDarran

Ditch the diamond on 19:37 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

13 pts from 13 games needed, we currently have 27 from 25, so on the path right now, so no worries from me at the moment

As I said last night if we were on 30 points at the moment it would be viewed in an entirely different way and we're only 3 points off that.

Ditch the diamond on 19:51 - Feb 7 with 5280 viewsDewi1jack

What a fuggin post.
Well done mate.
We're starting to play some nice football again.
4 games unbeaten when we're still fighting relegation and some want us to change everything just so they can watch "Brenda Ball"
Unfukinbelievable Jeff.
Stay unbeaten until the end of the season and you can watch your beloved Liverpool/ Chelsea/ United etc again next season.
Thank fuk some of you weren't around down the Vetch when we were playing sh1te football and getting relegated every couple of years.
Although as a bonus because you weren't around, we could pick and choose where we sat (and who we sat with) on the North Bank.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ditch the diamond on 19:52 - Feb 7 with 5280 viewsscruffyjack

C*nts? Dear me 'r kid! take a chill pill. Thought this forum was an opportunity for Swans fans to post an opinion. By the way my first season ticket was in 1978, c*nt.
Ditch the diamond on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 5268 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 19:51 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

What a fuggin post.
Well done mate.
4 games unbeaten when we're still fighting relegation and some want us to change everything just so they can watch "Brenda Ball"
Unfukinbelievable Jeff.
Stay unbeaten until the end of the season and you can watch your beloved Liverpool/ Chelsea/ United etc again next season.
Thank fuk some of you weren't around down the Vetch when we were playing sh1te football and getting relegated every couple of years.
Although as a bonus because you weren't around, we could pick and choose where we sat (and who we sat with) on the North Bank.

Seats on the North Bank? Jesus!
Ditch the diamond on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 5266 viewsjacktheripper

Ditch the diamond on 19:51 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

What a fuggin post.
Well done mate.
Unfukinbelievable Jeff.

I know I'm getting old but i don't remember any seating in the North Bank!!!!!
Ditch the diamond on 19:58 - Feb 7 with 5245 viewsshimmie

Ditch the diamond on 19:52 - Feb 7 by scruffyjack

C*nts? Dear me 'r kid! take a chill pill. Thought this forum was an opportunity for Swans fans to post an opinion. By the way my first season ticket was in 1978, c*nt.

Well you should know better then, although I doubt very much you've endured 37 years of watching us and react the way that you have. If that's the case then have a rummage round, find your bolloxs and gain some perspective. Pussy.
Ditch the diamond on 20:00 - Feb 7 with 5232 viewsDarran

Ditch the diamond on 19:56 - Feb 7 by jacktheripper

Yeah but there were many games where you could sit down and watch the game on the North Bank.

Ditch the diamond on 20:12 - Feb 7 with 5192 viewsmonmouth

Ditch the diamond on 20:00 - Feb 7 by Darran

Yeah but there were many games where you could sit down and watch the game on the North Bank.

I had my own 'crush' barrier. Used to get agitated if some other smeg tried to lean on it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ditch the diamond on 20:21 - Feb 7 with 5150 viewslondonlisa2001

What a fantastic post.

Couldn't agree more.
Ditch the diamond on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 5141 viewsscruffyjack

Ditch the diamond on 19:56 - Feb 7 by jacktheripper

There are some different people on here kid, & I haven't had the training, I'm out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024