Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools 19:46 - Feb 7 with 18780 viewsPhil_S

Stephen Ganavas makes his Planet Swans debut with an article looking at our new manager

Full details at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41959
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 00:20 - Feb 10 with 1686 viewsBanosswan

He's old, leave him alone.

It is exactly this type of statistical analysis that stifles British sport (I've seen in first hand in rugby). Big numbers don't mean big results.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 03:16 - Feb 10 with 1637 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 14:58 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

Well one thing that I could have predicted based on past evidence is that you would attempt to try to criticise what I wrote without admitting that you had read it since you lack the intellectual honesty to engage in a discussion with someone that you know is going to make you look stupid (again).

I'm not entering a discussion on the rest of the nonsense contained within your little tantrum as you don't know what you're talking about.

Grow up.

I guess I missed the "tantrum" part of Dav's reply. Or maybe there's more to this than just this thread, because I have no idea how this got so contentious when y'all are both making a lot of good, sound points.

He's right though about how people often hate statistics simply because they misuse them. The purpose is not to predict, especially in such a fluid situation as this Swans season. And it does get more than a little annoying when a straw man argument is created out of this misuse, though I'm not sure that was a personal shot at you, Lisa, especially since he was quoting someone else.

You'd think the oft used disclaimer "past results do not guarantee future performance" would sorta go without saying, but there's a reason you see it used over and over again.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 3:30]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 06:29 - Feb 10 with 1600 viewsEasternJack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 03:16 - Feb 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

I guess I missed the "tantrum" part of Dav's reply. Or maybe there's more to this than just this thread, because I have no idea how this got so contentious when y'all are both making a lot of good, sound points.

He's right though about how people often hate statistics simply because they misuse them. The purpose is not to predict, especially in such a fluid situation as this Swans season. And it does get more than a little annoying when a straw man argument is created out of this misuse, though I'm not sure that was a personal shot at you, Lisa, especially since he was quoting someone else.

You'd think the oft used disclaimer "past results do not guarantee future performance" would sorta go without saying, but there's a reason you see it used over and over again.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 3:30]

I agree with this Tummer.

A balanced view always has room for data.

I also agree that reactions on here often become unnecessarily condescending or insulting without real justification/provocation. My advice is to try and read any post at face value without making any pre-conceived assumptions on hidden meanings or carrying any baggage from previous disputes with the poster. Sometimes difficult with the games some play on here.

Each to their own. It's only an internet forum.

Anyway - it's been at least 4 clear pages since I tried (and miserably failed) to derail this predictable car crash of a thread. Anyone else got any dick jokes?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 6:30]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 07:47 - Feb 10 with 1577 viewsJackFish

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:43 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Barring Laudrup's first six months and the promotion season under Martinez, the year under KJ where we scored well over 100 goals in all comps is up there for the most fun I've had watching us.

We had some huge wins in the first half of our first season at the Liberty, 7-1 vs Bristol City, 5-2 at Walsall and 5-1 vs Chesterfield to name a few. It was the right time for him to leave when he did, but to paint his entire reign as dull as some people do is definitely wrong.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 07:58 - Feb 10 with 1567 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 07:47 - Feb 10 by JackFish

We had some huge wins in the first half of our first season at the Liberty, 7-1 vs Bristol City, 5-2 at Walsall and 5-1 vs Chesterfield to name a few. It was the right time for him to leave when he did, but to paint his entire reign as dull as some people do is definitely wrong.

Most people acknowledge that now, apart from a few misanthropic types.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 08:43 - Feb 10 with 1538 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 07:58 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

Most people acknowledge that now, apart from a few misanthropic types.

Was that when Tatey and Leon were carving up the right side of the field? I remember a 3-2 against Blackpool where they all stopped for offside and Trunds walked alongside the ball into the net, and McLeod smacking in a couple in a 3-1 (?) against Barnsley. Those were good, entertaining days out.

I also remember Scunny home 0-2 where it was obvious he had to go as the wheels had come off. Plus ca change....or some other apt froggy phrase.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 08:57 - Feb 10 with 1525 viewsVetchitBack

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 00:09 - Feb 10 by Davillin

It is ever interesting to see how different people can see the same thing so differently.

I don't think Flynn "got us up" or even "kept us up." At best, he didn't put us down. Not the same.

I'll never forget his outrageous antics on television in celebration of the Swans staying up. As if he had something to do with it.

First sentence very apt Davillin as I was talking about Jackett!

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 09:58 - Feb 10 with 1491 viewsPapaLazarou

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 08:43 - Feb 10 by monmouth

Was that when Tatey and Leon were carving up the right side of the field? I remember a 3-2 against Blackpool where they all stopped for offside and Trunds walked alongside the ball into the net, and McLeod smacking in a couple in a 3-1 (?) against Barnsley. Those were good, entertaining days out.

I also remember Scunny home 0-2 where it was obvious he had to go as the wheels had come off. Plus ca change....or some other apt froggy phrase.

Always remember going to Southend in a 1st vs 2nd clash. Billed as Eastwood vs Trundle by the media (biggest match that weekend due to International break), and turning them over with some brilliant attacking football under KJ.

Great away day.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:12 - Feb 10 with 1489 viewsDr_Winston

That's the one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:32 - Feb 10 with 1470 viewsLord_Bony

Didn't Garry Monk get sent off during that Scunthorpe game?
His only time ..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:35 - Feb 10 with 1462 viewsDarran

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:32 - Feb 10 by Lord_Bony

Didn't Garry Monk get sent off during that Scunthorpe game?
His only time ..

Wasn't his only time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:57 - Feb 10 with 1435 viewsLord_Bony

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:35 - Feb 10 by Darran

Wasn't his only time.

Probably correct...a right dirty get when he wanted to be...

But he still did us proud..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 1379 viewsJackFish

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 10:35 - Feb 10 by Darran

Wasn't his only time.

Remember him getting sent off at Mansfield, I think in our promotion season?, for picking up two yellow cards in a minute. If I remember correctly that was the game where Austin had a goal disallowed down the other end right at the start but nobody seemed to realise that it had been disallowed. I was very confused when everyone I spoke to at half time thought it was 1-1.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 13:52 - Feb 10 with 1338 viewsDavillin

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 08:57 - Feb 10 by VetchitBack

First sentence very apt Davillin as I was talking about Jackett!

"Eyes have they but they see not." Sorry.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 16:37 - Feb 10 with 1274 viewsUxbridge

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 12:29 - Feb 10 by JackFish

Remember him getting sent off at Mansfield, I think in our promotion season?, for picking up two yellow cards in a minute. If I remember correctly that was the game where Austin had a goal disallowed down the other end right at the start but nobody seemed to realise that it had been disallowed. I was very confused when everyone I spoke to at half time thought it was 1-1.

We best not mention Shrewsbury either ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 17:05 - Feb 10 with 1233 viewskarnataka

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 13:52 - Feb 10 by Davillin

"Eyes have they but they see not." Sorry.

Sounds like something Yoda would say! Was it him?
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 18:28 - Feb 10 with 1194 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 17:05 - Feb 10 by karnataka

It's one of the psalms - can't remember which one.
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 21:29 - Feb 10 with 1139 viewsDavillin

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 17:05 - Feb 10 by karnataka

One of the Psalms, 115? [I had looked it up some time ago, by old man's memory banks are over-full.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 21:46 - Feb 10 with 1126 viewslonglostjack

Wasn't the statistician's psalm then - the good old Nr23 ! Being the sum of three other consecutive prime numbers 5, 7 and 11.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; ceteris paribus."

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 08:39 - Feb 11 with 1062 viewsJackFish

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 16:37 - Feb 10 by Uxbridge

We best not mention Shrewsbury either ...

Or Charlton...

It wasn't quite at master O'Leary's level, but he did manage a fair few!
Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 09:39 - Feb 11 with 1035 viewsStarsky

Guidolin: Right Man, Wrong Tools on 07:47 - Feb 10 by JackFish

Agree with all that.
It changed for me not long after we extended his contract.
A bit like Monk after his contract was revised.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024