Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Superbowl Thread 22:54 - Feb 7 with 6100 viewsQuakerJack

Anyone watching??

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Superbowl Thread on 23:01 - Feb 7 with 6093 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah.

F*** Coldplay. Worst decision ever made by the NFL.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Superbowl Thread on 23:03 - Feb 7 with 6084 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Superbowl Thread on 23:01 - Feb 7 by blueytheblue

Yeah.

F*** Coldplay. Worst decision ever made by the NFL.

Look on the bright side bluey.

It could have been Gary Glitter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Superbowl Thread on 23:05 - Feb 7 with 6079 viewsblueytheblue

The Superbowl Thread on 23:03 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Look on the bright side bluey.

It could have been Gary Glitter.

Paedo tendancies aside, Glitter's music at least had a bit of energy to it.

Coldplay are a bunch of talentless "musicians" who plagiarised Joe Satriani then laughably claimed to never have heard of him... I'm hoping for snipers to take them out. At least Beyonce and Bruno Mars get the crowd going.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Superbowl Thread on 23:05 - Feb 7 with 6079 viewsJonnyTheJack

Yeah. Nervous as f*ck.
The Superbowl Thread on 00:35 - Feb 8 with 6024 viewsJackSomething

I'm a neutral who started with a slight leaning towards the Broncos to see Peyton go out with a second ring, but Talib has made me a Panthers fan. 2 ridiculous personal fouls and he shouldn't be in the game for me seeing as he could have broken the WR's neck on that facemask penalty.

As an aside, all three analysts on the BBC are showing Sky how it should be done.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Superbowl Thread on 01:17 - Feb 8 with 5996 viewscsf

The Superbowl Thread on 00:35 - Feb 8 by JackSomething

I'm a neutral who started with a slight leaning towards the Broncos to see Peyton go out with a second ring, but Talib has made me a Panthers fan. 2 ridiculous personal fouls and he shouldn't be in the game for me seeing as he could have broken the WR's neck on that facemask penalty.

As an aside, all three analysts on the BBC are showing Sky how it should be done.

I don't watch a great deal of the sky stuff, but Carlson does a great job for whoever is the number 2 provider each and every year.
The Superbowl Thread on 01:32 - Feb 8 with 5985 viewsJackanapes

I had feared a mauling for Denver. Its still close and the Panthers are still in it. Wouldnt surprise me if they won. Hope Denver win though.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Superbowl Thread on 20:04 - Feb 8 with 5858 viewsQuakerJack

Went to sleep and watched it (avoided result) back... Defence on top, Panthers didnt turn up, Cam Newton had a shocker, not helped by hos receivers' inability to catch a football...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

The Superbowl Thread on 22:25 - Feb 8 with 5803 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Some great Super Bowl commercials last night.

Here were the two best IMO.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Superbowl Thread on 23:29 - Feb 8 with 5777 viewslondonlisa2001

The Superbowl Thread on 22:25 - Feb 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Some great Super Bowl commercials last night.

Here were the two best IMO.

I always find it a little sad when they use dead people for commercials (like the snickers one). I know they obviously have the rights from her estate, but I can't help thinking it cheapens the person without their knowledge. In the case of Marilyn Monroe, the one I thought was Ok was the Chanel No. 5 ad as obviously she endorsed it when alive.

Liked the first one - the bit about the Rubik's cube was funny although I have no idea who the person is in a box (presumably well known in the States)?
The Superbowl Thread on 23:38 - Feb 8 with 5774 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Superbowl Thread on 23:29 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

I always find it a little sad when they use dead people for commercials (like the snickers one). I know they obviously have the rights from her estate, but I can't help thinking it cheapens the person without their knowledge. In the case of Marilyn Monroe, the one I thought was Ok was the Chanel No. 5 ad as obviously she endorsed it when alive.

Liked the first one - the bit about the Rubik's cube was funny although I have no idea who the person is in a box (presumably well known in the States)?

Scott Baio - best known as Chachi from Happy Days and a really stupid 80's sitcom called Charles in Charge. Also you might remember him from a campy 80's teen sex movie called Zapped.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Superbowl Thread on 23:47 - Feb 8 with 5768 viewslondonlisa2001

The Superbowl Thread on 23:38 - Feb 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Scott Baio - best known as Chachi from Happy Days and a really stupid 80's sitcom called Charles in Charge. Also you might remember him from a campy 80's teen sex movie called Zapped.

Oh right - in which case I do know him (from Happy Days which was as big here as there). I didn't quite catch the name and he looks very different!!

It's funny with the snickers one - they are obviously a series and I assume they use different celebs for different countries - we've had that ad with Joan Collins and with Rowan Atkinson (Alexis from
dynasty and Mr Bean to translate). Although both are known in the U.S. I don't imagine they are well known enough anymore to be in an advert?
The Superbowl Thread on 00:34 - Feb 9 with 5763 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Superbowl Thread on 23:47 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

Oh right - in which case I do know him (from Happy Days which was as big here as there). I didn't quite catch the name and he looks very different!!

It's funny with the snickers one - they are obviously a series and I assume they use different celebs for different countries - we've had that ad with Joan Collins and with Rowan Atkinson (Alexis from
dynasty and Mr Bean to translate). Although both are known in the U.S. I don't imagine they are well known enough anymore to be in an advert?

I think I've seen those. The Snickers campaign has been genius.

The one from Super Bowl 49 is even better, if you're at all familiar with The Brady Bunch.

Another good one with Joe Pesci and Don Rickles:

[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 0:36]

The Superbowl Thread on 08:50 - Feb 9 with 5708 viewsLeonisGod

The Superbowl Thread on 00:34 - Feb 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

I think I've seen those. The Snickers campaign has been genius.

The one from Super Bowl 49 is even better, if you're at all familiar with The Brady Bunch.

Another good one with Joe Pesci and Don Rickles:

[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 0:36]

What have these got to do with the superbowl though? Or am I being thick?
The Superbowl Thread on 10:43 - Feb 9 with 5670 viewsDarran

m/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Superbowl Thread on 15:26 - Feb 9 with 5617 viewslondonlisa2001

The Superbowl Thread on 08:50 - Feb 9 by LeonisGod

What have these got to do with the superbowl though? Or am I being thick?

They're the adverts shown during the superbowl show on US TV not advertising the superbowl :-)

The most expensive advertising slots in the world and companies often use them to release new advertising campaigns, or to do 'specials'. It's become a bit of a 'thing' (sort of like the John Lewis Christmas ad) and they are often greatly anticipated.
The Superbowl Thread on 15:29 - Feb 9 with 5615 viewsDarran

The Superbowl Thread on 15:26 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

They're the adverts shown during the superbowl show on US TV not advertising the superbowl :-)

The most expensive advertising slots in the world and companies often use them to release new advertising campaigns, or to do 'specials'. It's become a bit of a 'thing' (sort of like the John Lewis Christmas ad) and they are often greatly anticipated.

Here's some good ones with number 8 obviously being pure awesomeness.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-super-bowl-commercials/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Superbowl Thread on 21:13 - Feb 9 with 5567 viewslonglostjack

Bit late in the day but I did find this funny even if I disagree about rugby being everything!

1. Rugby is a worldwide game, while American Football is played seriously in only a handful of countries. Well, not even that - just the US and Canada, really. The International Rugby Board rankings list 94 nations (the USA is actually 16th, so there’s still hope for America if you come over to the real world). New Zealand is ranked No.1 at rugby union and, since you have a population 100 times as big as theirs, the sky should be the limit. And the Aussies are best at rugby league, so you’ve got a chance to bring the cocky so-and-so’s down to earth.

2. Rugby is all action for 80 minutes. American Football is all inaction for four hours–arguably the slowest game on earth. Jut try turning the TV on at random in the middle of a game. If there are not ads showing and something is actually happening, it’s a miracle. And if anyone says cricket is slower, I’ll let Geoffrey Boycott loose on them (in-joke for the Brits).

3. Rugby players lay into each other like real men, with just the flimsiest of body padding. Grid-iron players are unrecognisable as human beings with all that body armour.

4. Rugby is played by two teams of 15 players (13 in rugby league). Between them, they have expertise in both attack and defence (note correct spelling of defence). Grid-iron players aren’t good enough to attack AND defend, so a squad of immobile 300-pound elephants are programmed to come on and stop the attackers, who are the only guys who can really play the game.

5. Rugby does not need flimsily-dressed cheerleaders to give the male fans some real excitement. We also celebrate the scoring of tries with applause and back-slapping, not lots of ridiculous dancing and high fives.

6. Rugby is played in ALL conditions–on grass, not synthetic turf, as seemingly used by most NFL teams. That stuff is more dangerous than the opposition, for heaven’s sake. I’ve never seen a grid-iron game played in mud and pouring rain, though I am told it does happen on occasion. Now that would be worth watching even for a cynic like me!

7. Finally, and most important, this article is all a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously. I’m a woman who was reared on rugby union (I’m actually from Wales, where rugby is everything). The reality is that the best game is the one that appeals to YOU.

It’s all subjective so whatever your preferences, may the best game win! (Wales is the bit that sticks out to the left of England on the map, by the way).

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Superbowl Thread on 21:22 - Feb 9 with 5544 viewsNeathJack

The Superbowl Thread on 21:13 - Feb 9 by longlostjack

Bit late in the day but I did find this funny even if I disagree about rugby being everything!

1. Rugby is a worldwide game, while American Football is played seriously in only a handful of countries. Well, not even that - just the US and Canada, really. The International Rugby Board rankings list 94 nations (the USA is actually 16th, so there’s still hope for America if you come over to the real world). New Zealand is ranked No.1 at rugby union and, since you have a population 100 times as big as theirs, the sky should be the limit. And the Aussies are best at rugby league, so you’ve got a chance to bring the cocky so-and-so’s down to earth.

2. Rugby is all action for 80 minutes. American Football is all inaction for four hours–arguably the slowest game on earth. Jut try turning the TV on at random in the middle of a game. If there are not ads showing and something is actually happening, it’s a miracle. And if anyone says cricket is slower, I’ll let Geoffrey Boycott loose on them (in-joke for the Brits).

3. Rugby players lay into each other like real men, with just the flimsiest of body padding. Grid-iron players are unrecognisable as human beings with all that body armour.

4. Rugby is played by two teams of 15 players (13 in rugby league). Between them, they have expertise in both attack and defence (note correct spelling of defence). Grid-iron players aren’t good enough to attack AND defend, so a squad of immobile 300-pound elephants are programmed to come on and stop the attackers, who are the only guys who can really play the game.

5. Rugby does not need flimsily-dressed cheerleaders to give the male fans some real excitement. We also celebrate the scoring of tries with applause and back-slapping, not lots of ridiculous dancing and high fives.

6. Rugby is played in ALL conditions–on grass, not synthetic turf, as seemingly used by most NFL teams. That stuff is more dangerous than the opposition, for heaven’s sake. I’ve never seen a grid-iron game played in mud and pouring rain, though I am told it does happen on occasion. Now that would be worth watching even for a cynic like me!

7. Finally, and most important, this article is all a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously. I’m a woman who was reared on rugby union (I’m actually from Wales, where rugby is everything). The reality is that the best game is the one that appeals to YOU.

It’s all subjective so whatever your preferences, may the best game win! (Wales is the bit that sticks out to the left of England on the map, by the way).

What a load of old shite.
The Superbowl Thread on 21:29 - Feb 9 with 5538 viewslonglostjack

The Superbowl Thread on 21:22 - Feb 9 by NeathJack

What a load of old shite.

Each to their own

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024