Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Navy School 21:25 - Feb 8 with 4983 viewsepaul

Channel 4 now, boy the memories are coming flooding back, 33 years ago, I was there 16 1 month and 24 days old and about as green as they come

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Royal Navy School on 21:33 - Feb 8 with 3132 viewsJackfath

Did you go to the exact same place Paul?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Royal Navy School on 21:52 - Feb 8 with 3111 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 21:33 - Feb 8 by Jackfath

Did you go to the exact same place Paul?

Yes fathy I did tbh theyve got it easy, quilts!!! sheets and blankets hospital corners, and whats with the gym kit it was pristine white plimsoles, immaculate white t shirt and ironed shorts with creases in

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Royal Navy School on 21:54 - Feb 8 with 3109 viewsJackfath

Royal Navy School on 21:52 - Feb 8 by epaul

Yes fathy I did tbh theyve got it easy, quilts!!! sheets and blankets hospital corners, and whats with the gym kit it was pristine white plimsoles, immaculate white t shirt and ironed shorts with creases in

It's certainly interesting. I'm not sure I would have coped at a 17 year old going into it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Royal Navy School on 21:57 - Feb 8 with 3105 viewsWarwickHunt

Royal Navy School on 21:52 - Feb 8 by epaul

Hello sailor.
Royal Navy School on 22:00 - Feb 8 with 3101 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 21:54 - Feb 8 by Jackfath

It's certainly interesting. I'm not sure I would have coped at a 17 year old going into it.

Well like I said I was 16 and 1 month and it was a massive massive shock, watching this though they got it much more easier, back in 83 things were a damn sight different although they wouldnt show the things we went through on TV!

Royal Navy School on 22:01 - Feb 8 with 3098 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 21:57 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

Hello sailor.

Royal Navy School on 22:01 - Feb 8 with 3096 viewsJackfath

Royal Navy School on 22:00 - Feb 8 by epaul

Well like I said I was 16 and 1 month and it was a massive massive shock, watching this though they got it much more easier, back in 83 things were a damn sight different although they wouldnt show the things we went through on TV!

Such as? A good beasting?

Royal Navy School on 22:17 - Feb 8 with 3076 viewsNogginthenog

Some porthole duff and navy cake
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 9:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Royal Navy School on 22:19 - Feb 8 with 3073 viewsgandhiaber

I was there in 1990, remember Pier Cellars???
Royal Navy School on 22:48 - Feb 8 with 3045 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 22:19 - Feb 8 by gandhiaber

The mind is foggy but it rings a bell

Royal Navy School on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 3042 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 22:01 - Feb 8 by Jackfath

Such as? A good beasting?

No, no beastings, some minor brutality

Royal Navy School on 23:44 - Feb 8 with 3012 viewsjack_lord

My cousin's boy has just gone through basic training and it sounded like a doddle.
I don't remember the piers but I do remember the Harbour Lights, the Standard and the Jubilee and the Chinese :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Royal Navy School on 23:49 - Feb 8 with 3004 viewsHighjack

Royal Navy School on 22:19 - Feb 8 by gandhiaber

He was brilliant in the pink panther films

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Royal Navy School on 00:21 - Feb 9 with 2991 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 23:44 - Feb 8 by jack_lord

My cousin's boy has just gone through basic training and it sounded like a doddle.
I don't remember the piers but I do remember the Harbour Lights, the Standard and the Jubilee and the Chinese :)

Got some right memories of those places Jase!

Royal Navy School on 09:49 - Feb 9 with 2911 viewsdickythorpe

My mate was in the Navy and was told "throw yourself off the ship into the next harbour"
He chose Singapore, he almost got sectioned!!! But did get to leave soon after,as the memory of landing in the most polluted and animal carcassed filled waters will never leave his memory!!

Another character was a chap with the surname Spiller, he spilt a missile overboard the clumsy tit!!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 9:54]
Royal Navy School on 21:23 - Feb 10 with 2771 viewsnavyjack

October '88 for me as a 16 year old,and still in. Be 51 when I leave and I wouldnt have wanted a career anywhere else.Yes they have it easier these days but a 50's matelot would have said the same of us in the 80's. Times change and society with it.but what a job.its got the lot!..
Royal Navy School on 08:57 - Feb 11 with 2709 viewsshandyjack

July 2002, 17 and 1/2, may have been the RAF, but basic training is what it is, desgined to p!55 you off and see how much bullcrap you can take. Learning you the ropes for the rest of your military career

Poll: Expectation for the season

Royal Navy School on 10:27 - Feb 11 with 2676 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 21:23 - Feb 10 by navyjack

October '88 for me as a 16 year old,and still in. Be 51 when I leave and I wouldnt have wanted a career anywhere else.Yes they have it easier these days but a 50's matelot would have said the same of us in the 80's. Times change and society with it.but what a job.its got the lot!..

So true, Joined my first ship the Fearless Jan 85 as a jack dusty, the killicks I worked with were right salt old sea dogs and said i'd had it easy..

Royal Navy School on 16:20 - Feb 11 with 2605 viewsnavyjack

Royal Navy School on 10:27 - Feb 11 by epaul

So true, Joined my first ship the Fearless Jan 85 as a jack dusty, the killicks I worked with were right salt old sea dogs and said i'd had it easy..

epaul.You still London based?.Im up in the smoke for a gulf war anniversary do and staying in waterloo at the end of the month,ill be staying up for the spurs game on the Sunday before heading back to guzz.If youre around we will have to meet,have a snifta and spin a few dits!..
Royal Navy School on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 2577 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 16:20 - Feb 11 by navyjack

epaul.You still London based?.Im up in the smoke for a gulf war anniversary do and staying in waterloo at the end of the month,ill be staying up for the spurs game on the Sunday before heading back to guzz.If youre around we will have to meet,have a snifta and spin a few dits!..

Certainly am shippers. Spurs tics in hand pm me near the time and we'll sort out where to meet, should be good as it will b with the other London jacks

Royal Navy School on 21:22 - Feb 29 with 2369 viewsepaul

Been enjoying this each week the training ius very much the same after all these years although they dont get bawled out as much no such thing as health and safety and etc etc in my day

Royal Navy School on 21:24 - Feb 29 with 2362 views1973scott

Awesome! My old man was a field gunner in Devenport
Royal Navy School on 21:30 - Feb 29 with 2348 viewsLoyal

Royal Navy School on 21:22 - Feb 29 by epaul

Been enjoying this each week the training ius very much the same after all these years although they dont get bawled out as much no such thing as health and safety and etc etc in my day

Surely not the same as the 80's ?
If so you must have had it easy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Royal Navy School on 21:46 - Feb 29 with 2330 viewsepaul

Royal Navy School on 21:30 - Feb 29 by Loyal

Surely not the same as the 80's ?
If so you must have had it easy.

When your 16 basic was hell!

Royal Navy School on 21:49 - Feb 29 with 2318 viewsdickythorpe

Did you ever get done for your kit not being ironed properly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024