Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Brodge did sh1t out 23:53 - Feb 8 with 4574 viewsDyfnant

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35529002

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

So Brodge did sh1t out on 00:24 - Feb 9 with 3590 viewsGlyn1

"I spoke to Huw Jenkins, the chairman, and people I know well but I made it clear, I was pretty open," Rodgers told beIN sports.

"Swansea is a wonderful club, and there were also a couple of other Premier League clubs I could have gone back to, but I was open and up front.

"I wasn't going to be available to come into a club before the summer."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

So Brodge did sh1t out on 07:15 - Feb 9 with 3408 viewsAnotherJohn

Not exactly 'knight on white charger' material in our hour of relegation need.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 9:22]
So Brodge did sh1t out on 07:17 - Feb 9 with 3403 viewsMattG

So Brodge did sh1t out on 07:15 - Feb 9 by AnotherJohn

Not exactly 'knight on white charger' material in our hour of relegation need.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 9:22]

Agreed. Assuming Guidolin keeps us up (and assuming he wants the job longer-term) I'd keep him in post.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 09:09 - Feb 9 with 3243 viewsLoyal

Surely it's obvious and was obvious that BR was the top target, the appointment of Curtis was to see if he could get us to the summer still in the premier league. He clearly wasn't going to, it's not his bag so Guidolin got the nod. If he is wanting at any stage, even if he keeps us up I would say BR may well get another call in the summer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

So Brodge did sh1t out on 10:07 - Feb 9 with 3152 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

So Brodge did sh1t out on 09:09 - Feb 9 by Loyal

Surely it's obvious and was obvious that BR was the top target, the appointment of Curtis was to see if he could get us to the summer still in the premier league. He clearly wasn't going to, it's not his bag so Guidolin got the nod. If he is wanting at any stage, even if he keeps us up I would say BR may well get another call in the summer.

We probably will .... but we definitely shouldn't

unless he has a completely reasonable explanation of why he wasn't prepared to help us when we were desperate but he might be open to doing it when everything's ok

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

So Brodge did sh1t out on 10:18 - Feb 9 with 3131 viewsjack247

So Brodge did sh1t out on 10:07 - Feb 9 by PatchesOHoulihan

We probably will .... but we definitely shouldn't

unless he has a completely reasonable explanation of why he wasn't prepared to help us when we were desperate but he might be open to doing it when everything's ok

It may have affected his Liverpool compensation, but I'd imagine he is a rich man anyway and I'm never a fan of managers who would rather get paid to sit a season out than get back into football.

My guess is he didn't want to risk his reputation and didn't back his ability to get us out of trouble. It wouldn't surprise me if we went back in for him, but I'd be more than happy to stick with Guidollin if he gets us playing more expansive football and keeps us up.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:00 - Feb 9 with 3082 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we go down would he take the job of getting us back up? I very much doubt it.

Surely this isn't news anyway - everyone knows he was made an offer.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:27 - Feb 9 with 3023 viewspremierjack

Always makes me laugh when people say things like you just have...

If you were sacked from your job tomorrow but they agreed to pay your wages for the rest of the year if you didn't get another job, would you sit back and enjoy the time off?

Or

Go straight back to work doing the same thing but for half the money BUT the previous employer could stop paying you....

What would you do?? Honestly?
Login to get fewer ads

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:39 - Feb 9 with 2993 viewsLandore_Jack

Not bothered tbh. Happy with Guidolin.

#backtojack

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:41 - Feb 9 with 2984 viewsjack247

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:27 - Feb 9 by premierjack

If you were sacked from your job tomorrow but they agreed to pay your wages for the rest of the year if you didn't get another job, would you sit back and enjoy the time off?

Or

Go straight back to work doing the same thing but for half the money BUT the previous employer could stop paying you....

In my position I would do the former. In Brendan Rodgers position, I would undoubtedly do the latter. He doesn't need the money, I do.

Makes me laugh when people try to equate millionaire football managers to people with normal lives.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 2965 viewsOldjack

So Brodge did sh1t out on 07:17 - Feb 9 by MattG

Agreed. Assuming Guidolin keeps us up (and assuming he wants the job longer-term) I'd keep him in post.

This ,bring in a few Italian head cases and we could be on a winner

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 2965 viewsfather_jack

think a few media outlets said it was something to do with his liverpool terms.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:55 - Feb 9 with 2949 viewsjedijack

Maybe, as the quote at the end of the article suggests, he just wanted a break from the game.

A few months out will probably do him good as a person, and as a manager.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:01 - Feb 9 with 2836 viewsDyfnant

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:27 - Feb 9 by premierjack

Or

He wouldn't have earnt half the amount though, Liverpool would've been legally obliged to top his wages up.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:55 - Feb 9 with 2750 viewspremierjack

So Brodge did sh1t out on 11:41 - Feb 9 by jack247

In my position I would do the former. In Brendan Rodgers position, I would undoubtedly do the latter. He doesn't need the money, I do.

Makes me laugh when people try to equate millionaire football managers to people with normal lives.

How much money he has got has absolutely nothing to do with it. They had a contract with him and he wasn't all the money that was agreed when they hired him.

I can't see anything wrong with what he has done.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 2702 viewsjack247

So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:55 - Feb 9 by premierjack

How much money he has got has absolutely nothing to do with it. They had a contract with him and he wasn't all the money that was agreed when they hired him.

I can't see anything wrong with what he has done.

No, he is absolutely entitled to sit on his hands and make Liverpool pay him. I just said I wasn't a fan of managers who are very well off putting money before managing a club.

He could have come here, not lost out financially, as Liverpool would presumably have had to pay him the difference between what they were and whatever he agreed with us. He would effectively be working for us for free until the summer, when if he was any good, he would be a Premier League manager on a 2-3 year contract. He may well not get that opportunity when his Liverpool compensation runs out.

He chose to do a bit of media instead and will no doubt be looking for a managerial job in the summer. Quite entitled to do what he did of course, but it does have a touch of the Adebayors about it.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 15:56 - Feb 9 with 2632 viewsEasternJack

Would love to have him back. Klopp is making him look a better manager day by day..
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 15:56]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

So Brodge did sh1t out on 16:45 - Feb 9 with 2573 viewsMrSwerve

Absolutely do not blame Rodgers for not coming back to us. Lets be honest, we looked a mess a month ago, with a very good chance of being relegated (still is a chance of it).

I'd take Rodgers back in the summer straight away. I'm happy with Guidolin but I still think Rodgers is a perfect fit for us.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 17:07]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

So Brodge did sh1t out on 17:50 - Feb 9 with 2506 viewsDafyddHuw

So Brodge did sh1t out on 16:45 - Feb 9 by MrSwerve

Absolutely do not blame Rodgers for not coming back to us. Lets be honest, we looked a mess a month ago, with a very good chance of being relegated (still is a chance of it).

I'd take Rodgers back in the summer straight away. I'm happy with Guidolin but I still think Rodgers is a perfect fit for us.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 17:07]

Spot on.

Can't see why some posters thought he was norally obliged to come back to us. And for a pay cut. Ridiculous.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 10:00 - Feb 10 with 2250 viewsLord_Bony

In fairness he has been completely honest and transparent here.

He's on a good thing at the moment with Liverpool paying his huge wages while he has time off with his family to enjoy a normal life and be out of the cauldron that is the premier league. He's milking it for all its worth,who would nt in his situation?

Really hoping it takes off with Guidolin and his staff,if not maybe Brendan would come back?

The problem is if we got relegated I very much doubt he'd have the stomach to do it all over again getting us back up.especially since he will get other offers from prem league clubs.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

So Brodge did sh1t out on 12:09 - Feb 10 with 2166 viewswaynekerr55

So Brodge did sh1t out on 15:56 - Feb 9 by EasternJack

Would love to have him back. Klopp is making him look a better manager day by day..
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 15:56]

Discuss the following statement:

"Brendan was made the scapegoat for FSG's failed transfer commitee"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So Brodge did sh1t out on 12:42 - Feb 10 with 2131 viewstomdickharry

The interesting part of all this Rogers discussion is what arrangements we have with Guido if/when he keeps us in the PL,simple as that.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:09 - Feb 10 with 2097 viewsjack247

So Brodge did sh1t out on 10:00 - Feb 10 by Lord_Bony

In fairness he has been completely honest and transparent here.

He's on a good thing at the moment with Liverpool paying his huge wages while he has time off with his family to enjoy a normal life and be out of the cauldron that is the premier league. He's milking it for all its worth,who would nt in his situation?

Really hoping it takes off with Guidolin and his staff,if not maybe Brendan would come back?

The problem is if we got relegated I very much doubt he'd have the stomach to do it all over again getting us back up.especially since he will get other offers from prem league clubs.

The problem if we get relegated is getting relegated. Survival isn't a vehicle to getting Brendan Rodgers to come back, it's the end goal. Of course he wasn't obliged to come here, but he has shown that he either puts money before football or didn't back his ability to keep us up.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:12 - Feb 10 with 2092 viewsjack247

So Brodge did sh1t out on 12:42 - Feb 10 by tomdickharry

The interesting part of all this Rogers discussion is what arrangements we have with Guido if/when he keeps us in the PL,simple as that.

The Rodgers discussions were presumably quite a while before we appointed Guidollin. He is bringing it up now, for the same reason he brought up FSG not letting him sign Ash, publicity. He is making it known that he will be available when the right job comes up and that his hands were tied at Liverpool.

I have no idea what arrangement we have in place with Guidollin, but I would hope the job is his to lose.
So Brodge did sh1t out on 22:10 - Feb 10 with 1941 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So Brodge did sh1t out on 13:12 - Feb 10 by jack247

The Rodgers discussions were presumably quite a while before we appointed Guidollin. He is bringing it up now, for the same reason he brought up FSG not letting him sign Ash, publicity. He is making it known that he will be available when the right job comes up and that his hands were tied at Liverpool.

I have no idea what arrangement we have in place with Guidollin, but I would hope the job is his to lose.

I hope so too. If we see a healthy end to season and a good style of play it would be poor indeed from our board to sack Franco take Rodgers back on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024