Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullis - dark days 07:53 - Feb 9 with 6096 viewsepaul

Interesting read. I was in the Clarence with Pete Owens and few others when not that we knew at the time Cullis and Molesworth approached us it was the home game before they "took over" they flashed some badges at us saying they were scouts from Loserpool and we're asking us our opinion on the players.
They only went and used that in a press conference! Anyways dark days

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remarkable-story-kevin
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 8:58]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cullis - dark days on 20:13 - Feb 9 with 816 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cullis - dark days on 19:38 - Feb 9 by Darran

I can still remember where and when I met you for the first time Clivey.

And me. I think. Shrewsbury. Maybe. Had a nice drink with him in a pub somewhere too. Can't remember where. Up north I think.

Poll: Tory leader

Cullis - dark days on 20:14 - Feb 9 with 813 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:13 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

And me. I think. Shrewsbury. Maybe. Had a nice drink with him in a pub somewhere too. Can't remember where. Up north I think.

He's already said he met you in Shrewsbury mun keep up is it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cullis - dark days on 20:15 - Feb 9 with 809 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cullis - dark days on 20:14 - Feb 9 by Darran

He's already said he met you in Shrewsbury mun keep up is it?

Hadn't seen that post then.

Cullis - dark days on 20:15 - Feb 9 with 808 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:10 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

It's because we had no expectations other than crapness. We knew we were going to be crap whether it was at the Vetch or Scunthorpe or Walsall or one of the many other godforsaken holes. Even when we won, which didn't seem to happen all that often, we were surrounded by crapness.

These days the expectations have changed. I remember Nick Hornby saying in Fever Pitch that the first time his dad took him to Highbury to watch Arsenal he was astonished to find that pretty much everyone seemed to hate everything about being there. That sums up so many of the 20k that fill the Liberty every week. They don't seem to get any joy out of it and I genuinely wonder why a lot of them bother.

That's an amazing post.

Cullis - dark days on 20:16 - Feb 9 with 805 viewslondonlisa2001

It's because we had no expectations other than crapness. We knew we were going to be crap whether it was at the Vetch or Scunthorpe or Walsall or one of the many other godforsaken holes. Even when we won, which didn't seem to happen all that often, we were surrounded by crapness.

These days the expectations have changed. I remember Nick Hornby saying in Fever Pitch that the first time his dad took him to Highbury to watch Arsenal he was astonished to find that pretty much everyone seemed to hate everything about being there. That sums up so many of the 20k that fill the Liberty every week. They don't seem to get any joy out of it and I genuinely wonder why a lot of them bother.

I agree ! I often go to the bar afterwards and have thoroughly enjoyed the game only to be greeted by everyone moaning. And I love that book!

By the way - as a complete aside, I used the Dvla website today to finally update my drivers licence (it's only been 7 years since I moved in fairness) and may I say what a splendid servivce it is - it even managed to use my passport photo :-)
Cullis - dark days on 20:17 - Feb 9 with 803 views3swan

Cullis - dark days on 20:08 - Feb 9 by Darran

Absolutely and questioned my sanity a few times that 7-1 I just mentioned above was one driving home from Hartlepool with the wife and two kids all sleeping in the car.

So many games have come flooded back from the memory box, would mean very little but part of my Swans history.

The old Walsall when we were moved as the roof looked as if it was ready to blow off.
Going to Northampton again old ground game called off due to rain same at York.
Another game at Walsall we lost 4-0 so cold that one of my fillings fell out.

It's luxury these days
Cullis - dark days on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 795 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cullis - dark days on 20:16 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

I agree ! I often go to the bar afterwards and have thoroughly enjoyed the game only to be greeted by everyone moaning. And I love that book!

By the way - as a complete aside, I used the Dvla website today to finally update my drivers licence (it's only been 7 years since I moved in fairness) and may I say what a splendid servivce it is - it even managed to use my passport photo :-)

We're amazeballs these days.

Cullis - dark days on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 794 views3swan

Cullis - dark days on 20:13 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

If you class Birmingham up north............................you southerner. Mrs C was there as well
Login to get fewer ads

Cullis - dark days on 20:21 - Feb 9 with 782 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cullis - dark days on 20:18 - Feb 9 by 3swan

If you class Birmingham up north............................you southerner. Mrs C was there as well

Ah yes, I think I remember now. 0-0 draw on a cold Boxing Day?

Cullis - dark days on 20:21 - Feb 9 with 777 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:17 - Feb 9 by 3swan

So many games have come flooded back from the memory box, would mean very little but part of my Swans history.

The old Walsall when we were moved as the roof looked as if it was ready to blow off.
Going to Northampton again old ground game called off due to rain same at York.
Another game at Walsall we lost 4-0 so cold that one of my fillings fell out.

It's luxury these days

I remember losing 5-1 at Walsall and it was so cold they'd had braziers on the pitch overnight to stop it freezing and they'd scorched the pitch there was circles burnt all over it.

Cullis - dark days on 20:23 - Feb 9 with 769 views3swan

Cullis - dark days on 20:21 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Ah yes, I think I remember now. 0-0 draw on a cold Boxing Day?

http://anchorinndigbeth.co.uk/

You stayed the w/end...................... not at the pub of course
Cullis - dark days on 20:23 - Feb 9 with 769 viewslondonlisa2001

Cullis - dark days on 20:18 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

We're amazeballs these days.

Obviously!

I was bloody impressed. Btw - does anyone actually send back the old licence cut up or can I just ignore that bit when my new one arrives?
Cullis - dark days on 20:24 - Feb 9 with 762 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:23 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

Obviously!

I was bloody impressed. Btw - does anyone actually send back the old licence cut up or can I just ignore that bit when my new one arrives?

There's a PM function mind.

Cullis - dark days on 20:25 - Feb 9 with 756 views3swan

Cullis - dark days on 20:21 - Feb 9 by Darran

I remember losing 5-1 at Walsall and it was so cold they'd had braziers on the pitch overnight to stop it freezing and they'd scorched the pitch there was circles burnt all over it.

Ah yes, remember that one.

Was that where there was also sand on the pitch made it look like beach football
Cullis - dark days on 20:25 - Feb 9 with 752 viewslondonlisa2001

Cullis - dark days on 20:24 - Feb 9 by Darran

There's a PM function mind.

Ha ha - sorry Darran. I know how you love to keep everything completely on thread - this thread is a great example as it happens
Cullis - dark days on 20:27 - Feb 9 with 746 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:25 - Feb 9 by 3swan

Ah yes, remember that one.

Was that where there was also sand on the pitch made it look like beach football

Yes that's the one we'd only played them home a month earlier and beat them.

Cullis - dark days on 20:27 - Feb 9 with 743 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:25 - Feb 9 by londonlisa2001

Ha ha - sorry Darran. I know how you love to keep everything completely on thread - this thread is a great example as it happens

Crack on Lis.

Cullis - dark days on 20:28 - Feb 9 with 740 viewslondonlisa2001

Cullis - dark days on 20:27 - Feb 9 by Darran

Crack on Lis.

Cullis - dark days on 20:30 - Feb 9 with 734 viewsHighjack

Cullis - dark days on 16:11 - Feb 9 by Darran

You're right Marco Gabbiadini was another one?

Lloyd owusu, Trevor Benjamin, John Gayle, Darren Caskey. The list of terrifying players was endless, I remember Peter Beardsley had a season at Hartlepool at the end of his career and even in his forties we couldn't get the ball off him. Ugly fugger though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cullis - dark days on 20:30 - Feb 9 with 732 views3swan

More to bore others.

Alan Cork's first game as manager away at Doncaster on a Friday night we won 3-0. Got caught in traffic on the M1 and just got there a few minutes before KO.

The 3 of us walking towards the entrance when Ugo gave us comp seats

Huddersfield away when one of Andy Robinson's family gave us a spare ticket'.
Cullis - dark days on 20:32 - Feb 9 with 726 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cullis - dark days on 20:30 - Feb 9 by 3swan

More to bore others.

Alan Cork's first game as manager away at Doncaster on a Friday night we won 3-0. Got caught in traffic on the M1 and just got there a few minutes before KO.

The 3 of us walking towards the entrance when Ugo gave us comp seats

Huddersfield away when one of Andy Robinson's family gave us a spare ticket'.

Some scruffy f*cker gave me a freebie at Bournemouth years ago. Bet you can't guess who.

Cullis - dark days on 20:32 - Feb 9 with 726 viewsHighjack

I haven't enjoyed home games for a long time. So many miserable bastards there these days.

Away games have always been brilliant though win lose or draw.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cullis - dark days on 20:32 - Feb 9 with 726 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:30 - Feb 9 by Highjack

Lloyd owusu, Trevor Benjamin, John Gayle, Darren Caskey. The list of terrifying players was endless, I remember Peter Beardsley had a season at Hartlepool at the end of his career and even in his forties we couldn't get the ball off him. Ugly fugger though.

Aye what was the name of the big ginger bastard that played for Cambridge I think someone higher up the leagues signed him he used to torture us.

Cullis - dark days on 20:34 - Feb 9 with 715 views3swan

Cullis - dark days on 20:32 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Some scruffy f*cker gave me a freebie at Bournemouth years ago. Bet you can't guess who.

You might have to narrow it down, the description? it could be anybody
Cullis - dark days on 20:34 - Feb 9 with 709 viewsDarran

Cullis - dark days on 20:32 - Feb 9 by Darran

Aye what was the name of the big ginger bastard that played for Cambridge I think someone higher up the leagues signed him he used to torture us.

Forget that it was Kitson wasn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024