Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket prices 19:15 - Feb 9 with 3620 viewsdougie

It's great to see fans starting to excert pressure to have cheaper ticket prices. It's about time. What really p!sses me off is the likes of savage and carragher jumping on the back of it saying they are fully supportive. Surely along with corporate greed they and their agents are as much to blame. Mind boggling salaries are demanded and their agents creaming millions per season that is lost to football. If we could get back to some normality on wages and cap agents fees somehow then the clubs would have one less argument for their prices. Players and ex players should keep their heads down. They are just as accountable for a lost generation of supporters with their greed.
Ticket prices on 19:34 - Feb 9 with 3599 viewsWhiterockin

I don't disagree that ticket prices in some clubs are stupid, but in fairness ours are quite good. If we stayed in the Premier League, I would prefer our prices to stay the same and the increased money spent on the team.
Ticket prices on 19:37 - Feb 9 with 3590 viewspencoedjack

I am very happy with the 23 quid I pay for each home game and the away supplement Swansea give their fans.

In all the radio programmes I haven't heard our board being praised.

As for the scousers Fuk em
Ticket prices on 19:43 - Feb 9 with 3565 views3swan

Ticket prices on 19:34 - Feb 9 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree that ticket prices in some clubs are stupid, but in fairness ours are quite good. If we stayed in the Premier League, I would prefer our prices to stay the same and the increased money spent on the team.

Season Ticket prices are ok but match day £35 and £45 no
Ticket prices on 19:46 - Feb 9 with 3548 viewsdougie

Ticket prices on 19:37 - Feb 9 by pencoedjack

I am very happy with the 23 quid I pay for each home game and the away supplement Swansea give their fans.

In all the radio programmes I haven't heard our board being praised.

As for the scousers Fuk em

I agree I think our prices are ok. I am annoyed that no one has mentioned the £22 cap we have from the club for away

I am annoyed that ex pros are backing it when their wage demands are part of the blame. Of course they think 50k a week in salary is reasonable but x amount per ticket is out of order. Double standards
Ticket prices on 22:15 - Feb 9 with 3462 viewsDewi1jack

Ticket prices on 19:43 - Feb 9 by 3swan

Season Ticket prices are ok but match day £35 and £45 no

Not having a pop here, but what do you think would be a fair price to cap match day tickets at?
Arsenal's is around about £80 - £90 by the way.
Norwich £58 (plus membership) against our £45 for a top cat game, £13 more.
Or attend 5 games at Swansea to 4 at Norwich. And get a coffee at each game, although....
Should the person who turns up for one game pay the same as someone who pays over £400 up front, allowing the club to budget better?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ticket prices on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 3437 viewshobo

Ticket prices on 22:15 - Feb 9 by Dewi1jack

Not having a pop here, but what do you think would be a fair price to cap match day tickets at?
Or attend 5 games at Swansea to 4 at Norwich. And get a coffee at each game, although....
Should the person who turns up for one game pay the same as someone who pays over £400 up front, allowing the club to budget better?

£25-£30 maximum. Just because other clubs rip off the fans doesn't mean we have to
Ticket prices on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 3433 viewsLoyal

23 home 22 away is decent.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ticket prices on 22:50 - Feb 9 with 3402 viewsDewi1jack

Ticket prices on 22:25 - Feb 9 by hobo

£25-£30 maximum. Just because other clubs rip off the fans doesn't mean we have to

So, a ST holder in the West pays £25.74 a game and you advocate a walk up fan, who may have no allegiance to the club whatsoever, gets to watch us cheaper.
Okaaaay.
Put a membership price of £150 up front to get that price of £25 and I'll go along with you.
And lose the right to buy tickets completely if caught selling a ticket on to Utd/ Liverpool/ Chelsea etc fan.
That's the same risk a ST holder takes by selling to such a fan.
We have the smallest ground and we're amongst the cheapest prices.
£30 for every game to a member provided they attend the "smaller" games.
If they're only attending the big 6, then £45.
£35- £45 for non members.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket prices on 18:30 - Feb 10 with 3275 viewshobo

Ticket prices on 22:50 - Feb 9 by Dewi1jack

So, a ST holder in the West pays £25.74 a game and you advocate a walk up fan, who may have no allegiance to the club whatsoever, gets to watch us cheaper.
Okaaaay.
Put a membership price of £150 up front to get that price of £25 and I'll go along with you.
And lose the right to buy tickets completely if caught selling a ticket on to Utd/ Liverpool/ Chelsea etc fan.
That's the same risk a ST holder takes by selling to such a fan.
We have the smallest ground and we're amongst the cheapest prices.
£30 for every game to a member provided they attend the "smaller" games.
If they're only attending the big 6, then £45.
£35- £45 for non members.

Obviously season ticket prices would come down should match day tickets be correctly priced at around £25. If one or two clubs start it then sure enough the rest will follow. Let's be one of those teams that instigates it
Ticket prices on 19:06 - Feb 10 with 3244 viewsOldjack

Liverpool owners scrap £77 ticket and apologies to fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546090
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 19:07]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ticket prices on 19:31 - Feb 10 with 3214 viewsEdmundo

Ticket prices on 19:06 - Feb 10 by Oldjack

Liverpool owners scrap £77 ticket and apologies to fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546090
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 19:07]

Gullible if they think that's it!

They are owned by shareholders who want to see profit before anything else!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Ticket prices on 19:47 - Feb 10 with 3197 viewsOldjack

Ticket prices on 19:31 - Feb 10 by Edmundo

Gullible if they think that's it!

They are owned by shareholders who want to see profit before anything else!

They'll get plenty of that without ripping off the fans

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ticket prices on 20:06 - Feb 10 with 3172 viewsAyewSerious

Ticket prices on 22:15 - Feb 9 by Dewi1jack

£35 and £45 prices are an absolute rip off, a complete two fingers to loyal fans. Its just others rip off their fans to even greater extent. But that diesnt make it ok.

Yes i think ST's and walk ups should be roughly the same. Not many ST holders pay up front, they pay monthly. For that they get their seat guaranteed, that is reward enough in such a small stadium.

However if tickets were set at £25 then having a ST would represent a 10-15% saving per match. I cannot stomach the fact that the Swansea I love charge their fans so much knowing full well what the state of the community is in.

Its about time fans stood up to this nonsense, while players are walking away with £100,000 a week.
Ticket prices on 20:09 - Feb 10 with 3166 viewsJackfath

We should all walk out on the 85th minute.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ticket prices on 20:30 - Feb 10 with 3136 viewsOldjack

Ticket prices on 20:09 - Feb 10 by Jackfath

We should all walk out on the 85th minute.

Shrupppppp ,this is serious business

Ticket prices on 20:30 - Feb 10 with 3135 viewsJackfath

Ticket prices on 20:30 - Feb 10 by Oldjack

Shrupppppp ,this is serious business

I agree Alan.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ticket prices on 20:41 - Feb 10 with 3119 viewsOldjack

Ticket prices on 20:30 - Feb 10 by Jackfath

I agree Alan.

Ticket prices on 23:16 - Feb 10 with 3057 viewsDewi1jack

Ticket prices on 20:06 - Feb 10 by AyewSerious

£35 and £45 prices are an absolute rip off, a complete two fingers to loyal fans. Its just others rip off their fans to even greater extent. But that diesnt make it ok.

Yes i think ST's and walk ups should be roughly the same. Not many ST holders pay up front, they pay monthly. For that they get their seat guaranteed, that is reward enough in such a small stadium.

However if tickets were set at £25 then having a ST would represent a 10-15% saving per match. I cannot stomach the fact that the Swansea I love charge their fans so much knowing full well what the state of the community is in.

Its about time fans stood up to this nonsense, while players are walking away with £100,000 a week.

"Yes i think ST's and walk ups should be roughly the same. Not many ST holders pay up front, they pay monthly. For that they get their seat guaranteed, that is reward enough in such a small stadium.

However if tickets were set at £25 then having a ST would represent a 10-15% saving per match. I cannot stomach the fact that the Swansea I love charge their fans so much knowing full well what the state of the community is in."

So at £25 a walk up is paying less than someone in the West Stand and the rest of the stands don't save 10% either.
Work your prices out from readily available info.
Every ST holder pays ALL the money up front and by about 5 months before the season starts- paid in full by March the season before.

Yes, football ticket prices are too high, but so are festival/ gig/ Formula 1/ Truck racing/ theatre etc etc tickets.
Manic Street Preachers tickets were about £50 a piece with fees if I remember right.
If football tickets are capped at whatever level, then all other tickets for entertainment have to be capped, otherwise restraint of trade regs will be broken.
£30 for JA members,'big game' tickets on points earned from attending the so called smaller games; not attended at least as an example 6 'smaller' games, then full price for the so called 'big' games (all games are big.) Banned for selling the tickets on to opposition fans.

£35 to £45 for non members
If you want cheap tickets, then £22 for the away games, as our club does.
As well as the reciprocal arrangements we have with a few other clubs (I think there's about 6 or 7)

Ticket prices on 23:38 - Feb 10 with 3036 viewsAyewSerious

Ticket prices on 23:16 - Feb 10 by Dewi1jack

"Yes i think ST's and walk ups should be roughly the same. Not many ST holders pay up front, they pay monthly. For that they get their seat guaranteed, that is reward enough in such a small stadium.

However if tickets were set at £25 then having a ST would represent a 10-15% saving per match. I cannot stomach the fact that the Swansea I love charge their fans so much knowing full well what the state of the community is in."

So at £25 a walk up is paying less than someone in the West Stand and the rest of the stands don't save 10% either.
Work your prices out from readily available info.
Every ST holder pays ALL the money up front and by about 5 months before the season starts- paid in full by March the season before.

Yes, football ticket prices are too high, but so are festival/ gig/ Formula 1/ Truck racing/ theatre etc etc tickets.
Manic Street Preachers tickets were about £50 a piece with fees if I remember right.
If football tickets are capped at whatever level, then all other tickets for entertainment have to be capped, otherwise restraint of trade regs will be broken.
£30 for JA members,'big game' tickets on points earned from attending the so called smaller games; not attended at least as an example 6 'smaller' games, then full price for the so called 'big' games (all games are big.) Banned for selling the tickets on to opposition fans.

£35 to £45 for non members
If you want cheap tickets, then £22 for the away games, as our club does.
As well as the reciprocal arrangements we have with a few other clubs (I think there's about 6 or 7)

£22.50 a game is roughly the cost per game according to many. So if tickets were priced at £25 then that represents an exact figure of 10% savings. If you feel that is unfair as people in the West Stand pay more, then the walk up tickets for the West Stand can be priced at £27.50 then. Although of course the obvious answer would be to lower ST prices appropriately to represent a 10% match day saving off £25 entry.

Comparing a continuous community based weekly event which earns 95% of its money through other means to tickets sales - to a one off gig that relies solely om ticket sales... I think does not compare. Football is built historically alongside its community enabling strong links between its public, the game and the club. This is what is being eroded. To treat it as mere entertainment and to ignore it is engrained in people as part of their lives is just as bad as clubs treating the fan as a customer.

We are often called the "12th man" and we hear how important we are to player performance. If we are needed and are important to inhance results for these clubs - then why are we being charged to help them? Especially to the degree we are. It makes no sense.

I dont think £22 constitutes a cheap ticket, it constitutes a fair ticket. I shouldn't have to travel hundreds of miles in order to get a fair priced ticket to support my side ive supported through thick and thin for two decades, although im forced to - regularly, as the club tries to cash in on the Premier League fan.

25% of those at the stadium were not regulars in the championship, 50% were not regulars in League 1 and 70% of them were not regulars in League 2. I very much expect that to be the same if fortunes are once again reversed, i dont for one second buy that a ST constitutes loyalty.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 23:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024