Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unpopular opinions regarding Swans players. 20:06 - Feb 9 with 9216 viewsChrisSCFC

Expecting a good few down arrows for this but I don't think Jack Cork is all he's cracked up to be by the majority of our fans.

His apparent designated position is a defensive midfielder yet it's Leon who does the vast majority of breaking up opposition play, Cork runs his bollocks off but he doesn't read the game like Leon does and IMO the game seems to pass him by at times.

I'd also go as far to say that Leon is more effective going forward than JC who's attacking prowess is on a par with Neil Taylor's.

Sadly with the way Ki's playing we look a bit light in terms of midfield options...
Unpopular opinions regarding Swans players. on 13:20 - Feb 11 with 1072 viewsvetchonian

Jack and Leon are different players, Cork has always been a DM whilst Leon was taken by Martinez and converted form a winger to a player to play in front of the centre backs to provide a create outlet rather than the hoof upfield or hopeful pass.Under Martinez Leons role was not defensive but to use the ball more effectively so it will never be possible to find a like for like replacement for Leon...Joe Allen possibly the closest.
I like both Leon and Cork in the side and the earlier post comparing the Allen, Leon and Siggy combination under Brendan sounds sensible.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Unpopular opinions regarding Swans players. on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 1067 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we can find ourselves a full back or two who can defend really well at PL level and attack superbly as well it'll be a miracle.

They're very rare species indeed and the few that exist are playing in the champions league.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Unpopular opinions regarding Swans players. on 14:13 - Feb 11 with 1043 viewsmax936

Unpopular opinions regarding Swans players. on 13:20 - Feb 11 by vetchonian

Jack and Leon are different players, Cork has always been a DM whilst Leon was taken by Martinez and converted form a winger to a player to play in front of the centre backs to provide a create outlet rather than the hoof upfield or hopeful pass.Under Martinez Leons role was not defensive but to use the ball more effectively so it will never be possible to find a like for like replacement for Leon...Joe Allen possibly the closest.
I like both Leon and Cork in the side and the earlier post comparing the Allen, Leon and Siggy combination under Brendan sounds sensible.

Great post Leon is Leon, we won't get a like for like replacement, he's like Barry John they broke the mould

As you say Joey is the closes we'll get, can't see Cork being that player myself, lm still hoping that we'll look at Vilhena in the summer, but love watched him twice lately and he hasn't really showed in fairness, but the talent is there plus he's young, temperament might be an issue though, but a good manager could sort that, if we got him I'd go Cork, Vilhena, Siggy in the midfield three.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 17:39]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024