Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 117868 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 14:36 - Feb 10 with 2903 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 14:34 - Feb 10 by Kennedy

Hopefully get the book thrown at him. No doubt with a plead of guilty that will reduce his sentence. 12-24 months is what i've read online. (Just for that part, grooming)

And something also i learnt it's not a pedophile but ephebophilia.

Sunderland will of course sack him when the court trial has finished.

Also he would be put of the sex offenders register, now he can also say goodbye to seeing his child unsupervised again (for a few good years anyway).

Looks like he lied to his club, and his Wife. She take him to the cleaners in any divorce anyway, so why stay with him.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 14:38]

People convicted should never be allowed near the Internet for life too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Johnson on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 2899 viewsjandyt

Adam Johnson on 14:24 - Feb 10 by EasternJack

You'd be amazed what some women/people would put up with for money...

This! I read the Secret Footballer book last year and he covers footballers who've cheated on their wives or partners. No surprise that this is rife, but a lot of the girls apparently know it's going on but either allow it to happen or turn a very blind eye for the money but probably more importantly to many of them, the lifestyle and kudos of being with a PL footballer. Personal pride goes out of the window- they love being celebrities.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Adam Johnson on 14:46 - Feb 10 with 2870 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 14:23 - Feb 10 by Darran

I can't get my head around why people do this with kids.
I'm sorry but pedos should be lobotomised.

I wonder what the result would be if investigators were to dig hard into the backstage parties at Cheap trick gigs in the 70's? I think we both know what would happen if they did that to The Stones or Zeppelin, don't we?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Adam Johnson on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 2865 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 14:46 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

I wonder what the result would be if investigators were to dig hard into the backstage parties at Cheap trick gigs in the 70's? I think we both know what would happen if they did that to The Stones or Zeppelin, don't we?

Bollox.

Adam Johnson on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 2833 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Millionaire, beautiful wife ,wonderful life .
What the f@cking hell is wrong with this guy , obviously has some kind of mental illness

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Adam Johnson on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 2825 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 14:48 - Feb 10 by Darran

Bollox.

You know full well I'm right!

Adam Johnson on 15:01 - Feb 10 with 2814 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 14:58 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

You know full well I'm right!

No I don't at all you've got no evidence.
It might have it might not have.

Adam Johnson on 15:02 - Feb 10 with 2810 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 15:01 - Feb 10 by Darran

No I don't at all you've got no evidence.
It might have it might not have.

I've got two words for you, Dazzler..... LORI MADDOX

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 2796 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 14:24 - Feb 10 by EasternJack

You'd be amazed what some women/people would put up with for money...

As I said - no self respect.

Of course it may well be that she is also only now finding out the truth having previously believed his innocence.
Adam Johnson on 17:13 - Feb 10 with 2581 viewsLoyal

Adam Johnson on 12:37 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

Christ almighty...and he met her in a nightclub!!

Let's not hang, draw and quarter the boy until all the facts are known, is it?

Thing is he has pleaded guilty, the other charges will certainly lay on file.
When you plead guilty, no facts matter to me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adam Johnson on 17:14 - Feb 10 with 2578 viewsLoyal

Adam Johnson on 14:48 - Feb 10 by Darran

Bollox.

Long has a good point, a very good point,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adam Johnson on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 2500 viewsicecoldjack

Some footballers think the rules don't apply to them and are use to having anything they want, a lot don't live in reality and think themselves above the law and of having a moral compass.

What a twt of a bloke.

On the other hand if he did this in Germany,Italy,France , Greece ,Denmark,Switzerland,Portugal and many other countries it would be legal . Some of those countries apparently have a consent age of 14 ! The others 15.

Fookin bonkers ! But Adam knew the score so deserves all he gets . Scum.
Adam Johnson on 17:55 - Feb 10 with 2491 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 17:13 - Feb 10 by Loyal

Thing is he has pleaded guilty, the other charges will certainly lay on file.
When you plead guilty, no facts matter to me.

Facts are important here though as none of us are in full possession of them, nor I suspect do we properly understand what the charges entail. Sexual activity? Is that a kiss and little more? Grooming? Is that just a brief exchange of fairly innocuous texts? We don't know.

I'm having real trouble buying into this helpless child nonsense too. My birthday is in the Summer so I'd left school before I was sixteen. I was certainly nobody's idea of a child by then; I was plenty street-wise and perfectly well aware of the possible repercussions of my actions. My hunch is that when this is all laid bare it won't amount to an awful lot. Let's not bracket this with the vile crimes of the moslem gangs, it bares no relation.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 17:56]

Adam Johnson on 18:01 - Feb 10 with 2458 viewsVetchitBack

Adam Johnson on 17:55 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

Facts are important here though as none of us are in full possession of them, nor I suspect do we properly understand what the charges entail. Sexual activity? Is that a kiss and little more? Grooming? Is that just a brief exchange of fairly innocuous texts? We don't know.

I'm having real trouble buying into this helpless child nonsense too. My birthday is in the Summer so I'd left school before I was sixteen. I was certainly nobody's idea of a child by then; I was plenty street-wise and perfectly well aware of the possible repercussions of my actions. My hunch is that when this is all laid bare it won't amount to an awful lot. Let's not bracket this with the vile crimes of the moslem gangs, it bares no relation.

"Let's not bracket this with the vile crimes of the Moslem gangs..."

You know as well as I the mainstream media will be salivating at the thought.

They won't let things like sickening violence, threats to kill the victim's family and gang rape get in the way either.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Adam Johnson on 18:02 - Feb 10 with 2449 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:01 - Feb 10 by VetchitBack

"Let's not bracket this with the vile crimes of the Moslem gangs..."

You know as well as I the mainstream media will be salivating at the thought.

They won't let things like sickening violence, threats to kill the victim's family and gang rape get in the way either.

That's why I mentioned it.

Adam Johnson on 18:05 - Feb 10 with 2439 viewsKGriz16

He was fully aware of what half the East Stand were singing to him and he acknowledged the chants and gestured towards the fans. Surely, if he was guilty, and showed some sort of remorse or feared for spending years in prison, he wouldn't have been so arrogant. He'll be on probation of some sort and be free to roam the streets.
Adam Johnson on 18:07 - Feb 10 with 2435 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:05 - Feb 10 by KGriz16

He was fully aware of what half the East Stand were singing to him and he acknowledged the chants and gestured towards the fans. Surely, if he was guilty, and showed some sort of remorse or feared for spending years in prison, he wouldn't have been so arrogant. He'll be on probation of some sort and be free to roam the streets.

"...free to roam the streets."

He's not Jack the Ripper, mun!

Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 10 with 2378 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 17:55 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

You are getting dangerously close to blaming the girl and assuming it's all a bit of innocent fun here Lohengrin.

He's a 28 year old man who has ADMITTED to grooming a girl he KNEW to be a child in the eyes of the law and meeting up with her with the express intention of having sexual activity.

Grooming isn't by definition the exchange of fairly innocuous texts - it has specific meaning under the law. Equally sexual activity is not a 'kiss'. And irrespective of whether you happened to be 'nobody's idea of a child' when you were 15, the law draws a clear line (and has to) between childhood and adulthood for the purpose of sexual activity. Whether the line is in the right place or not is moot.

So when it is all laid bare, the reality is that he has groomed and had sexual activity with a child - that is what he has admitted to (and incidentally he has wasted a great deal of police time and probably money in not admitting to it until now, when he obviously knew he was guilty).

There are, of course, degrees of seriousness to all crimes, but that doesn't mean that lesser crimes are not worthy of prosecution. In the same way as someone killing someone in a fight is not comparable to the actions of a serial killer, but both are treated as crimes (rightly) and both deserve punishment.

You're right that what he has done is not comparable to the crimes of the Keighley gang (or similar), and I suspect his sentence will reflect that.
Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 10 with 2378 viewsKGriz16

Adam Johnson on 18:07 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

"...free to roam the streets."

He's not Jack the Ripper, mun!

& you're not sherlock holmes, but you're posting on this thread like a chief c*ntstable.
Adam Johnson on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 2353 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 10 by KGriz16

& you're not sherlock holmes, but you're posting on this thread like a chief c*ntstable.

Adam Johnson on 18:32 - Feb 10 with 2339 viewssquarebear

Lars Leese, who was goalkeeper during Barnsley's sojourn in the EPL, made it pretty plain in his autobiography that some of his team mates were routinely hooking up with school kids (at the training ground).

I wonder if, when you've suddenly become incredibly well off (relative to many), you're idolised, you then wind up doing stupid stuff just for the thrill. See also blowing 50K a week at the bookies, or talented college footballers about to be drafted into the NFL robbing banks.

It's such a shame for all concerned.
Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 10 with 2325 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

You are getting dangerously close to blaming the girl and assuming it's all a bit of innocent fun here Lohengrin.

He's a 28 year old man who has ADMITTED to grooming a girl he KNEW to be a child in the eyes of the law and meeting up with her with the express intention of having sexual activity.

Grooming isn't by definition the exchange of fairly innocuous texts - it has specific meaning under the law. Equally sexual activity is not a 'kiss'. And irrespective of whether you happened to be 'nobody's idea of a child' when you were 15, the law draws a clear line (and has to) between childhood and adulthood for the purpose of sexual activity. Whether the line is in the right place or not is moot.

So when it is all laid bare, the reality is that he has groomed and had sexual activity with a child - that is what he has admitted to (and incidentally he has wasted a great deal of police time and probably money in not admitting to it until now, when he obviously knew he was guilty).

There are, of course, degrees of seriousness to all crimes, but that doesn't mean that lesser crimes are not worthy of prosecution. In the same way as someone killing someone in a fight is not comparable to the actions of a serial killer, but both are treated as crimes (rightly) and both deserve punishment.

You're right that what he has done is not comparable to the crimes of the Keighley gang (or similar), and I suspect his sentence will reflect that.

I'm not blaming the girl, Lisa, I'm just having trouble seeing a nightclubber as a child.

The moral outrage from some I find way OTT. This is a story as old as it gets, it's been the same since Delilah brought Samson to his knees.

Adam Johnson on 18:39 - Feb 10 with 2321 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

I'm not blaming the girl, Lisa, I'm just having trouble seeing a nightclubber as a child.

The moral outrage from some I find way OTT. This is a story as old as it gets, it's been the same since Delilah brought Samson to his knees.

Well I hope he gets bummed in the showers then beaten to a pulp,if that's OTT good.
He's guilty end of.

Adam Johnson on 18:42 - Feb 10 with 2309 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:39 - Feb 10 by Darran

Well I hope he gets bummed in the showers then beaten to a pulp,if that's OTT good.
He's guilty end of.

Did you search for Lori Maddox? Are you going to smash all your albums now then or is that different?

Adam Johnson on 18:49 - Feb 10 with 2265 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

It turns out now though Lohengrin that he didn't meet her in a nightclub (I believe). That's come out with his change of plea today.

That's the problem - a lot of stuff gets put out by these guy's publicity machines and people go into the case with preconceived notions about how serious it is or isn't. Until today, it was generally accepted that he met her in a club, she looked 18 and he's been unlucky. Well, that is transparently not correct is it as he has now admitted that he knew she was underage before he ever met her and he arranged to meet her both knowing she was underage and intending to have sex.

And it may well be a story as old as it gets - groups of men treating young girls as objects for their sexual pleasure with the girl having no rights and no ability to seek retribution is also as old as it gets but you didn't use that as an excuse for the Keighley gang.

And, by the way, in your last sentence 'Delilah brought Samson to his knees' - that is an indication of where you're falling on the blame bit - the poor, silly little man who couldn't resist the temptations of the (15 year old) sorceress. There is so much inbuilt sexism in our society it is truly sad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024