Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 118893 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 18:53 - Feb 10 with 2402 viewsskippyjack

The amount of 14, 15 , 16, 17 year olds who have been in night clubs in the past 10 years, or even 15.. is in the thousands..

Some are genuinely 14 and 15 year olds.. who look in their 20s.. same with some boys, they're 14, 15, 6 foot and with raging beards..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 10 with 2399 viewsHumpty

Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

I'm not blaming the girl, Lisa, I'm just having trouble seeing a nightclubber as a child.

The moral outrage from some I find way OTT. This is a story as old as it gets, it's been the same since Delilah brought Samson to his knees.

It doesn't matter if you think she was a child or not. The law says she is a child.

It doesn't matter if she was a willing participant. She was under the age of consent. Legally, she was incapable of giving consent.

If he knew she was under the age of consent he is guilty.

Nightclubs, attractiveness, willingness doesn't come into it. Completely irrelevant.

I don't understand why people are bringing such things into the debate. They're irrelevant.
Adam Johnson on 19:00 - Feb 10 with 2387 viewsLeonisGod

Adam Johnson on 12:45 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

Then I take back what I've just posted.

That's his wife? She's only a kid herself. I honestly thought that was the girl in the court case.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 12:46]

She's about 26, so you've nicely highlighted how difficult it can be to judge age. But that's a different debate and not related to this grooming scum.
Adam Johnson on 19:06 - Feb 10 with 2353 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:49 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

It turns out now though Lohengrin that he didn't meet her in a nightclub (I believe). That's come out with his change of plea today.

That's the problem - a lot of stuff gets put out by these guy's publicity machines and people go into the case with preconceived notions about how serious it is or isn't. Until today, it was generally accepted that he met her in a club, she looked 18 and he's been unlucky. Well, that is transparently not correct is it as he has now admitted that he knew she was underage before he ever met her and he arranged to meet her both knowing she was underage and intending to have sex.

And it may well be a story as old as it gets - groups of men treating young girls as objects for their sexual pleasure with the girl having no rights and no ability to seek retribution is also as old as it gets but you didn't use that as an excuse for the Keighley gang.

And, by the way, in your last sentence 'Delilah brought Samson to his knees' - that is an indication of where you're falling on the blame bit - the poor, silly little man who couldn't resist the temptations of the (15 year old) sorceress. There is so much inbuilt sexism in our society it is truly sad.

Well let's wait and see until we get the full court testimony. I very much doubt either of us expect to see the crime of the century unfold.

Your last point did make me chuckle though. I doubt there are many boys on here who haven't been rendered defenceless at one time or another by a pair of blue eyes and a smile. There's nothing sexist about that, you've probably been similarly struck.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Adam Johnson on 19:13 - Feb 10 with 2319 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 19:06 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

Well let's wait and see until we get the full court testimony. I very much doubt either of us expect to see the crime of the century unfold.

Your last point did make me chuckle though. I doubt there are many boys on here who haven't been rendered defenceless at one time or another by a pair of blue eyes and a smile. There's nothing sexist about that, you've probably been similarly struck.

He was 26 and she was 15.. slightly big age gap.. he should've known better.

But let's be honest.. he's not the only bloke who has had sex with a minor.. i bet a few on this forum have..

21 is adulthood.. I know about 20 off the top of my head who have slept with a minor, when they were teenagers.

But he is 26.. he is a multi millionaire.. and his wife could cure all his traumatic experiences.

File him under.. bit of a tw*t.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Adam Johnson on 19:20 - Feb 10 with 2293 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 19:06 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

no I don't expect to see the crime of the century unfold.

But I do expect him to serve time inside for sex with a minor which he has admitted (and he has admitted to knowing she was underage - that's what grooming is by definition and he has admitted it).

I also expect him to be placed on the sex offenders register, to be sacked, and for some investigation to take place into exactly what his club knew and when, and if they knew in advance that he was intending to plead guilty I would expect some action against them to be taken by the FA for placing the game in disrepute.

But there is sexism at work. If a woman of 28 or so has sex with a 15 year old boy she is always described as predatory (and rightly so). If it is the other way round, the girl is normally allocated some share of blame.

And I can assure you that when I was in my late twenties, I was never similarly struck by a 15 year old. But then I'm not a perv.
Adam Johnson on 19:24 - Feb 10 with 2271 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 19:13 - Feb 10 by skippyjack

But let's be honest.. he's not the only bloke who has had sex with a minor.. i bet a few on this forum have..

21 is adulthood.. I know about 20 off the top of my head who have slept with a minor, when they were teenagers.

But he is 26.. he is a multi millionaire.. and his wife could cure all his traumatic experiences.

There is a difference both in practice and in the law when one teenager has sex with another (eg. two 15 year olds or one 15 and one 17) compared to a grown adult in the late twenties having sex with a person under the age of 16. The first is rarely if ever prosecuted.

There is also a difference in law and in practice when the minor is under the age of 13 - that is rape. The offence no longer exists when the minor is over 13 but under the age of consent - it is called sexual activity with a minor (which is what he's admitted to).
Adam Johnson on 19:35 - Feb 10 with 2241 viewsHighjack

People still banging on about the club thing. It was specifically stated today that he groomed her before meeting her. So they did not come into contact as a result of a chance meeting in a club with her dolled up and looking like a 45 year old.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 19:53 - Feb 10 with 2198 viewsexiledclaseboy

God these threads are predictable, thoroughly depressing and display attitudes towards victims of sexual crime and women generally that shame those who hold them.

In court today Johnson pleaded GUILTY to a charge of "intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing she was under the age of consent. He also pleaded GUILTY of grooming her over two months with the intention of meeting her for sexual activity knowing she was under the age of consent.

He's admitted that he knew she was under 16, he's admitted to grooming her knowing she was under 16 and he's admitted to sexual activity with her knowing she was under 16. The only thing he's disputing is how far that sexual activity went.

How much more does anyone need to know?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 19:56]

Poll: Tory leader

Adam Johnson on 19:56 - Feb 10 with 2177 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 19:53 - Feb 10 by exiledclaseboy

God these threads are predictable, thoroughly depressing and display attitudes towards victims of sexual crime and women generally that shame those who hold them.

In court today Johnson pleaded GUILTY to a charge of "intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing she was under the age of consent. He also pleaded GUILTY of grooming her over two months with the intention of meeting her for sexual activity knowing she was under the age of consent.

He's admitted that he knew she was under 16, he's admitted to grooming her knowing she was under 16 and he's admitted to sexual activity with her knowing she was under 16. The only thing he's disputing is how far that sexual activity went.

How much more does anyone need to know?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 19:56]

Spot on and end of thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Johnson on 19:57 - Feb 10 with 2169 viewsLeonisGod

Adam Johnson on 19:35 - Feb 10 by Highjack

People still banging on about the club thing. It was specifically stated today that he groomed her before meeting her. So they did not come into contact as a result of a chance meeting in a club with her dolled up and looking like a 45 year old.

I find it difficult to understand how anyone can defend or justify the actions of someone who has admitted grooming an underage girl for sex.
Adam Johnson on 20:04 - Feb 10 with 2141 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 19:13 - Feb 10 by skippyjack

Well, no.....

At the moment it's coming off that he likes children. File under paedophile. It's the grooming part that's the most concerning - stops it being a mistake see.

Bit of a tw@t? Bit of an understatement.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 20:08 - Feb 10 with 2117 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 20:04 - Feb 10 by ItchySphincter

Well, no.....

At the moment it's coming off that he likes children. File under paedophile. It's the grooming part that's the most concerning - stops it being a mistake see.

Bit of a tw@t? Bit of an understatement.

Well yes.. multi millionaire football player.. beautiful wife..

bit of a tw*t..

Adam Johnson on 20:10 - Feb 10 with 2111 viewsjamieswan78

From his clubs point of view he's innocent until proven guilty in court, they own him, they pay him they have every right to play him up until that point.

If he gets locked up he deserves everything he gets but I very much doubt the girl is innocent in all this.

His girlfriend is probably sticking with him because they are not married so there is no automatic right to what's left of his money after this.
You think she wants to go back to working in debenhams or whatever she was doing when she met him?
Adam Johnson on 20:12 - Feb 10 with 2095 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 20:10 - Feb 10 by jamieswan78

From his clubs point of view he's innocent until proven guilty in court, they own him, they pay him they have every right to play him up until that point.

If he gets locked up he deserves everything he gets but I very much doubt the girl is innocent in all this.

His girlfriend is probably sticking with him because they are not married so there is no automatic right to what's left of his money after this.
You think she wants to go back to working in debenhams or whatever she was doing when she met him?

Ffs

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 20:13 - Feb 10 with 2083 viewspencoedjack

There are some pretty sick posters on this thread.

A 26 year old man admitted he 'groomed' a 15 year old for 'sexual activities' he's a pedophile & I hope he gets wants coming to him when he is locked up with prisoners who have the same thoughts as him.

They are the scum of the earth.
Adam Johnson on 20:14 - Feb 10 with 2083 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 20:08 - Feb 10 by skippyjack

Well yes.. multi millionaire football player.. beautiful wife..

bit of a tw*t..

'kin 'ell skip.

Have a word with yourself. Step back and have a look at what you're saying.

You are assuming guilt and you are condemning him as "a bit of a tw@t". Sorry skip but if you're right he's a predatory pedophile.

You can be a bit of a tw@t, not the same thing.

Adam Johnson on 20:14 - Feb 10 with 2084 viewsmonmouth

What part of pleading guilty is such a stuggle. He has been proven guilty out of his own mouth. All that is left is the matter of extent. It's currently standing at hideous piece of scum, it could get a lot worse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Adam Johnson on 20:14 - Feb 10 with 2079 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 19:20 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

no I don't expect to see the crime of the century unfold.

But I do expect him to serve time inside for sex with a minor which he has admitted (and he has admitted to knowing she was underage - that's what grooming is by definition and he has admitted it).

I also expect him to be placed on the sex offenders register, to be sacked, and for some investigation to take place into exactly what his club knew and when, and if they knew in advance that he was intending to plead guilty I would expect some action against them to be taken by the FA for placing the game in disrepute.

But there is sexism at work. If a woman of 28 or so has sex with a 15 year old boy she is always described as predatory (and rightly so). If it is the other way round, the girl is normally allocated some share of blame.

And I can assure you that when I was in my late twenties, I was never similarly struck by a 15 year old. But then I'm not a perv.

I was talking about Samson having been bowled over, not the Johnson case. I wasn't insinuating you were Swansea's answer to Mrs Robinson, mun!

Adam Johnson on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 2072 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 19:56 - Feb 10 by Darran

Spot on and end of thread.

Not just yet, I'm still quite keen to hear what you have to say about Lori Maddox.

Adam Johnson on 20:16 - Feb 10 with 2070 viewsItchySphincter

I lol'd at that!.

Adam Johnson on 20:17 - Feb 10 with 2067 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 20:14 - Feb 10 by ItchySphincter

'kin 'ell skip.

Have a word with yourself. Step back and have a look at what you're saying.

You are assuming guilt and you are condemning him as "a bit of a tw@t". Sorry skip but if you're right he's a predatory pedophile.

You can be a bit of a tw@t, not the same thing.

Is he in the same boat as Saville, Watkins, and that Glitter chap?.. they are predators..

Adam Johnson = bit of a tw*t.

Adam Johnson on 20:18 - Feb 10 with 2061 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 20:13 - Feb 10 by pencoedjack

A 26 year old man admitted he 'groomed' a 15 year old for 'sexual activities' he's a pedophile & I hope he gets wants coming to him when he is locked up with prisoners who have the same thoughts as him.

Apparently he's a bit of a tw@t. I've got loads of mates who are tw@ts.

It's not much of a leap to 'hulluva boy'.

Deep down you know they think the girl's a slag and that's the end of it.

Adam Johnson on 20:18 - Feb 10 with 2061 viewsexiledclaseboy

He doesn't have to be proven guilty in court. He's pleaded guilty. I did it guv.

Jesus H.

Poll: Tory leader

Adam Johnson on 20:19 - Feb 10 with 2058 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 20:13 - Feb 10 by pencoedjack

For not joining the lynch mob? He's not a paedophile for crying out loud, he's not been accused of that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024