Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good interview article with Andre Ayew 22:02 - Feb 10 with 1442 viewsDavillin

There is an unpleasant trait of mine that I can be suspicious of apparently overly laudatory comments about Swansea City from players who just might be working with their agent to make a big money move in the summer.

However, I did not have to fight that trait when I read Ayew's interview. I hope I'm not wrong, because he seems completely sincere.

When I watch him play and pour his considerable effort and skill into the team, I see that as sincerity, and therefore as confirmation of his sincerity in interview.

What do you think? [Article by Chris Wathan, who seems to me to make more sense than most commentators.]

Andre Ayew Happy he Picked Swansea City after 'Making his Name' as he Vows to get even Better

Ayew has been the Swans' standout performer this season with eight Premier League goals

Andre Ayew has revealed he has no regrets about signing for Swansea City — and claims starring at the Liberty has helped him make a name for himself in the Premier League.

But the Ghana star has admitted he can still offer more to the Swans having vowed to improve as part of the side’s battle to avoid relegation worries.

Ayew has been a hit in South Wales since his summer Bosman move from Marseille, grabbing eight goals — including the winner at Everton in Francesco Guidolin’s first game in charge — to make him the side’s top scorer.

His form saw several rivals take notice of the 26-year-old with Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce making January attempts to lure him to the Stadium of Light, prompting one of Ayew’s representatives to express his surprise Ayew stayed put at the Liberty.

The Swans were always unwilling to let go one of their top performers and Ayew has now outlined his happiness at the club and his switch to British football, though did stress he is not ready to rest on his laurels.

In an interview with Canal Football Club on French television, Ayew said: “You hear it before you get there, but once you get there you really feel the enthusiasm of fans, stadiums, intensity in matches.

"I am delighted to be in the Premier League which is for me the best championship in the world. I am very happy with my choice to play for Swansea, I have managed to make my name in England but I must continue to work because I know I can do much better.”

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Good interview article with Andre Ayew on 10:16 - Feb 11 with 1083 viewsjohnlangy

I completely agree about his commitment. People always say they want to see a player give 100% in every game. He is a perfect example of this.
Good interview article with Andre Ayew on 10:58 - Feb 11 with 1006 viewsjack247

On the pitch he is as 'sincere' as they come. He is undoubtedly very commited to giving his all week in week out.

I'm sure he will be looking to move on to a bigger and better club at some point in the future. I don't see anything wrong with that. I want our players to be ambitious. He can't do that without both doing well for us and highlighting to other ambitious players that Swansea is a good place to progress.

As an aside, players who run their contracts down and go for frees tend to be financially driven. Not saying this is necessarily the case with Ayew, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Good interview article with Andre Ayew on 11:20 - Feb 11 with 967 viewsjasper_T

Good interview article with Andre Ayew on 10:58 - Feb 11 by jack247

On the pitch he is as 'sincere' as they come. He is undoubtedly very commited to giving his all week in week out.

I'm sure he will be looking to move on to a bigger and better club at some point in the future. I don't see anything wrong with that. I want our players to be ambitious. He can't do that without both doing well for us and highlighting to other ambitious players that Swansea is a good place to progress.

As an aside, players who run their contracts down and go for frees tend to be financially driven. Not saying this is necessarily the case with Ayew, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That contract was with Marseilles, though. They're a dodgy club and he was part of a mass exodus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024