Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Doctors Strike 22:04 - Feb 10 with 14196 viewsSwanzay

Is it me or is the BBC towing the Jeremy Hunt party line today, that its not him to blame?

I fully support the JDs.

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:19 - Feb 10 with 6736 viewsNogginthenog

Toeing yes. That Health sec is an utter c,,t.
Junior Doctors Strike on 22:29 - Feb 10 with 6732 viewsKerouac

Q. Who are the employers of NHS staff?
A. Us, the voters and tax payers.

Q. Who do we hold responsible for health outcomes in the NHS?
A. The government we elected.

The government (like it or not, I certainly didn't vote for them) WON the last election and have a MANDATE to deal with the poor health outcomes for the taxpayer when in receipt of certain NHS services at the weekend.
They said it again and again during the campaign "a truly 7-day NHS" etc.
People voted for it.
The government is trying to make it happen and get value for money for the taxpayer.

IT IS NOT FOR DOCTORS TO DECIDE THAT THE VOTERS CAN'T HAVE THEIR 7-DAY NHS.

They are very highly paid. I live in one of the most expensive parts of Wales and I am surrounded at the school gates by Doctors and Nurses.
In fact about 80% of them work for the state in some capacity (If that doesn't tell you something's wrong I don't know what does).

You are worth what someone is prepared to pay you.
The government's deal pretty much proposes to pay them the same but make Saturday part of the regular shift pattern as WE THE TAXPAYER can't afford to pay them the fantastic rate they got for working on a Saturday previously.
The average hours a junior doctor works will be reduced as well.
Seems like a fair deal to me.

If they don't like the deal they can piss off somewhere else can't they? Well, can't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:31 - Feb 10 with 6719 viewsepaul

Him and this govt are lying dirty c*nts of the highest order. #SupportJuniorDoctors

Pat Sharp is running the NHS!!!!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:33 - Feb 10 with 6713 viewsNogginthenog

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:29 - Feb 10 by Kerouac

The government (like it or not, I certainly didn't vote for them) WON the last election and have a MANDATE to deal with the poor health outcomes for the taxpayer when in receipt of certain NHS services at the weekend.
People voted for it.
The government is trying to make it happen and get value for money for the taxpayer.

They are very highly paid. I live in one of the most expensive parts of Wales and I am surrounded at the school gates by Doctors and Nurses.
In fact about 80% of them work for the state in some capacity (If that doesn't tell you something's wrong I don't know what does).

The government's deal pretty much proposes to pay them the same but make Saturday part of the regular shift pattern as WE THE TAXPAYER can't afford to pay them the fantastic rate they got for working on a Saturday previously.

If they don't like the deal they can piss off somewhere else can't they? Well, can't they?

Well if they did piss off elsewhere you wouldn't have an nhs. And it's not as if governments say one thing and do another in manifestos so dont give me that c??p.
Junior Doctors Strike on 22:57 - Feb 10 with 6695 viewsHighjack

Notice they didn't strike on the weekend.

In all seriousness if the government accept their demands it would open a whole can of worms and you'd have police, firemen etc claiming that Saturday isn't a normal working day and demanding more cash too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:11 - Feb 10 with 6686 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:33 - Feb 10 by Nogginthenog

Well if they did piss off elsewhere you wouldn't have an nhs. And it's not as if governments say one thing and do another in manifestos so dont give me that c??p.

Nobody is so fukking special they are irreplaceable.
Nobody should be so arrogant as to suppose they are irreplaceable.

There are 53000 Junior doctors.
90% of them (according to some poll) would "consider" quitting if the contract is enforced.
That's 47,700.
The number of undergraduate applications per place in medical school is 11.2. The average in the higher education centre is 5.5.
People are queuing up to train as doctors!
We could ramp up the training of doctors and bridge the gap over the next few years by importing doctors from the EU and further afield.

They won't piss off anyway, as they are paid well and have very nice lives.

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:17 - Feb 10 with 6680 viewsHighjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:11 - Feb 10 by Kerouac

90% of them (according to some poll) would "consider" quitting if the contract is enforced.
That's 47,700.
The number of undergraduate applications per place in medical school is 11.2. The average in the higher education centre is 5.5.
We could ramp up the training of doctors and bridge the gap over the next few years by importing doctors from the EU and further afield.

They don't have nice lives, they're tired mun.

I would have every sympathy if they were being shafted, but wanting extra cash for working a Saturday afternoon? Sorry just shut up and get back to work.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Junior Doctors Strike on 01:03 - Feb 11 with 6651 viewsLoyal

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:17 - Feb 10 by Highjack

They don't have nice lives, they're tired mun.

I would have every sympathy if they were being shafted, but wanting extra cash for working a Saturday afternoon? Sorry just shut up and get back to work.

Problem is the public service has been shafted to fck from what I have read, how much do you take ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Junior Doctors Strike on 08:22 - Feb 11 with 6603 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:57 - Feb 10 by Highjack

Notice they didn't strike on the weekend.

In all seriousness if the government accept their demands it would open a whole can of worms and you'd have police, firemen etc claiming that Saturday isn't a normal working day and demanding more cash too.

What demands? They already have contracts, Hunt is trying to impose new ones.

Who do you trust, Hunt, or a doctor that has the commitment to train for 5-7 years?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Junior Doctors Strike on 08:43 - Feb 11 with 6586 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Love the politician's and their 20% pay rise , free food & drink & expenses to warm the horses in their stables.

Drs are striking as a last resort for pay & conditions .

Hunt is way out of his depth, he's being slagged off by from as high up as surgeons to nurses.

They wanted this to happen ,they want peole to turn their noses up at striking Drs , they want to privatise the entire NHS & they have already started in England .

Typical Torie policy

Sell it

Sell it all.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Junior Doctors Strike on 08:47 - Feb 11 with 6583 viewsNogginthenog

That's 47,700.

It's all about spivs and scheisters dismantling everything to do with the public sector and a fair portion of the private sector too. The steel industry is their latest plaything. The government in power have previous for it and I cannot agree with a single thing they say.they will not be happy until every last vestige of the state is gives off to their cronies. If you want to accept that, fair enough.
Junior Doctors Strike on 09:46 - Feb 11 with 6550 viewsKerouac

No it's not.
It's about numerous studies that have reached the conclusion that the customers get worse outcomes on the weekend.

Nobody is talking about privatising anything. Prove me wrong.
The doctors are being asked to work less hours for more or less the same money. Prove me wrong.
Better health outcomes are more likely when there are more doctors on at the weekend and they've worked less hours. Prove me wrong.

You're all just showing you have no grasp of the issues, a massive chip on your shoulders and an obvious agenda.
The NHS has to be managed by the people we pay to manage it on our behalf.
Being a doctor is meant to be a vocation not a political platform.

The unions are politicised by left wing knob heads who oppose all change. They will lead their members out of a job if they're not careful.
People are queuing up to be doctors and teachers and firemen.
Why is that exactly?
Because they think they're getting a shit deal?
Don't make me laugh.

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:47 - Feb 11 with 6548 viewsdickythorpe

Some of those strikers with their placards looked very washed out and tired......feck me it looked as if they were enjoying it!!!

Get some of them to work on a building site, supermarket, coal mine, car wash, care home, call centre for a day and they soon wouldnt complain!
Junior Doctors Strike on 11:10 - Feb 11 with 6516 viewsNookiejack

That's 47,700.

Apparently the NHS used to make up the shortfall by importing Doctors from india - but now they are paid more in India.

It seems there is a worldwide shortage of Doctors (probably something to do with the 5-7 years of training involved and associated costs) - so I don't think as easy as it sounds to import them from EU.

Don't you then put pressure on those EU countries medical services - if those countries do all the training and we import their Doctors - but who cares about that?

The UK population is set to grow beyond 70 million from current 65 million over next 12 years. Due to combination of people living longer and immigration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34666382

This is going to put a lot of pressure on the NHS.

Meanwhile the UK public debt has grown to £1,600 trillion and growing at £100bn a year.

So is quite a challenging issue how the NHS will meet rising demand for Health with on the face of it no more money.

The UK Government has of course plenty of money to get involved in Middle East Wars. How much do those Brimstone missiles cost us each time one of them is fired?

Also trouble with this Doctors strike is news flow has now shifted away from Google, Starbucks, Amazon, Apple and George Osborne's family companies who really should be contributing their fair share of tax - with regards to the countries they are operating in.

The management and shareholders of these companies will of course be able to pay for private medical treatments - at the expense of everyone else in society.
Junior Doctors Strike on 12:45 - Feb 11 with 6488 viewsHighjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 01:03 - Feb 11 by Loyal

Problem is the public service has been shafted to fck from what I have read, how much do you take ?

Wish someone would shaft me by offering a 11% pay rise.

They must be living on bread and water the poor dabs.

Junior Doctors Strike on 12:52 - Feb 11 with 6481 viewsdickythorpe

Junior Doctors Strike on 12:45 - Feb 11 by Highjack

Wish someone would shaft me by offering a 11% pay rise.

They must be living on bread and water the poor dabs.

Still had time and money to buy marker pens and saws to produce the placards that they so gayly waved around....oh yeah wrapped up to the nines as well in lavish clothes and well made footwear........meanwhile cardboard boxes are being eyed up by the homeless within spitting distance.
Junior Doctors Strike on 13:39 - Feb 11 with 6444 viewsWitneyjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:46 - Feb 11 by Kerouac

No it's not.
It's about numerous studies that have reached the conclusion that the customers get worse outcomes on the weekend.

The doctors are being asked to work less hours for more or less the same money. Prove me wrong.
Better health outcomes are more likely when there are more doctors on at the weekend and they've worked less hours. Prove me wrong.

You're all just showing you have no grasp of the issues, a massive chip on your shoulders and an obvious agenda.

The unions are politicised by left wing knob heads who oppose all change. They will lead their members out of a job if they're not careful.
Why is that exactly?
Don't make me laugh.

http://s781.photobucket.com/user/duncan_johnson1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1

My niece is a recently qualified junior Doctor. They get my support!
Junior Doctors Strike on 14:10 - Feb 11 with 6417 viewsNogginthenog

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:46 - Feb 11 by Kerouac

No it's not.

Why is that exactly?
Don't make me laugh.

Yes it is.
Junior Doctors Strike on 14:11 - Feb 11 with 6415 viewswaynekerr55

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:29 - Feb 10 by Kerouac

People voted for it.

Do you know any junior doctors?

Do you know how much they are paid?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:13 - Feb 11 with 6410 viewsNogginthenog

Junior Doctors Strike on 13:39 - Feb 11 by Witneyjack

http://s781.photobucket.com/user/duncan_johnson1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1

My niece is a recently qualified junior Doctor. They get my support!

That gave me a smile
Junior Doctors Strike on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 6408 viewsNogginthenog

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:11 - Feb 11 by waynekerr55

Do you know any junior doctors?

Do you know how much they are paid?

No I don't actually but I can read. Worth every penny when you compare them to an MP or a local government ceo.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 14:18]
Junior Doctors Strike on 14:16 - Feb 11 with 6406 viewsjacabertawe

Just to emphasise that the dispute relates to the NHS in England only, since health provision is devolved elsewhere in the UK.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:43 - Feb 11 with 6378 viewswaynekerr55

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:14 - Feb 11 by Nogginthenog

No I don't actually but I can read. Worth every penny when you compare them to an MP or a local government ceo.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 14:18]

That's the point I'm alluding to. They aren't paid a fortune and work exceptionally long hours and are left to cover most of the hospital on night shifts.

The waste in the NHS relates to layers and layers of beaurocracy, waste on printing out millions of pages of paper, not salaries of doctors.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:59 - Feb 11 with 6361 viewsskippyjack

The problem with Junior Dr's.. they haven't lived in the 'real world'..

They'll probably make some snidey remark about the 'real world'.. but it's true.

They'll earn around 60-150 thousand when they're 45 years old.

They just don't understand do they.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Junior Doctors Strike on 15:28 - Feb 11 with 6340 viewsFlashberryjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:16 - Feb 11 by jacabertawe

Just to emphasise that the dispute relates to the NHS in England only, since health provision is devolved elsewhere in the UK.

I thought they were already on strike in Wales.......unfortunately a family member has urgently needed to see a doctor out of hours, virtually impossible to get to see one, so hours spent in the back of an ambulance outside A & E.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024