Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Doctors Strike 22:04 - Feb 10 with 14240 viewsSwanzay

Is it me or is the BBC towing the Jeremy Hunt party line today, that its not him to blame?

I fully support the JDs.

Junior Doctors Strike on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 1787 viewsbangorjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 12:45 - Feb 11 by Highjack

Wish someone would shaft me by offering a 11% pay rise.

They must be living on bread and water the poor dabs.

It's not actually an 11% pay rise though.

Junior doctors receive a basic pay and then an extra percentage of this based on amount of anti-social hours worked.

For example, 1st year doctors receive a basic pay of £22,000, and the majority then have an extra 40% for out of hours work, bringing annual pay up to around £30,000.

Jeremy Hunt is offering an 11% increase to the basic pay, but is simultaneously drastically reducing the out of hours supplement, meaning it works out for (I think) 95% of junior doctors as a pay cut.

But that doesn't make such a good soundbite for the media.
Junior Doctors Strike on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 1749 viewsAndy1300

Junior Doctors Strike on 15:52 - Feb 11 by bangorjack

It's not actually an 11% pay rise though.

Junior doctors receive a basic pay and then an extra percentage of this based on amount of anti-social hours worked.

For example, 1st year doctors receive a basic pay of £22,000, and the majority then have an extra 40% for out of hours work, bringing annual pay up to around £30,000.

Jeremy Hunt is offering an 11% increase to the basic pay, but is simultaneously drastically reducing the out of hours supplement, meaning it works out for (I think) 95% of junior doctors as a pay cut.

But that doesn't make such a good soundbite for the media.

most people won't see that though

Number 1 team in Wales

Junior Doctors Strike on 16:33 - Feb 11 with 1739 viewsSwanzay

Junior Doctors Strike on 16:24 - Feb 11 by Andy1300

most people won't see that though

Not if the watch the BBC Tory News show, they wont.
Junior Doctors Strike on 17:29 - Feb 11 with 1698 viewslancasterswan

No, with the exception of the i, guardian and bbc all the rest are putting the boot into the doctors. The BBC, after weeks of noone being able to talk to them, have a queue of Government spin doctors waiting to smarm their way through the next few days with a 'charm' offensive. As always, the left and right hate the beeb for different reasons but in truth they do a decent job for the middle ground, giving equal air time to both sides. They will never win in those circumstances.
Junior Doctors Strike on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 1669 viewsDarran

http://viz.co.uk/jeremy-hunt-announces-surname-re-shuffle/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:18 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewsacejack3065

Junior Doctors Strike on 15:28 - Feb 11 by Flashberryjack

I thought they were already on strike in Wales.......unfortunately a family member has urgently needed to see a doctor out of hours, virtually impossible to get to see one, so hours spent in the back of an ambulance outside A & E.

Junior Doctors aren't on strike in Wales because Mark Drakeford hasn't picked a fight with them
Junior Doctors Strike on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 1642 viewsHighjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 16:33 - Feb 11 by Swanzay

Not if the watch the BBC Tory News show, they wont.

Have you considered that the media you read/view might be slightly biased too? It could happen you know.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:40 - Feb 11 with 1624 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sign or get out

The totalitarian state cometh .

F@cking appauling stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:46 - Feb 11 with 1615 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:46 - Feb 11 by Kerouac

No it's not.
It's about numerous studies that have reached the conclusion that the customers get worse outcomes on the weekend.

Nobody is talking about privatising anything. Prove me wrong.
The doctors are being asked to work less hours for more or less the same money. Prove me wrong.
Better health outcomes are more likely when there are more doctors on at the weekend and they've worked less hours. Prove me wrong.

You're all just showing you have no grasp of the issues, a massive chip on your shoulders and an obvious agenda.
The NHS has to be managed by the people we pay to manage it on our behalf.
Being a doctor is meant to be a vocation not a political platform.

The unions are politicised by left wing knob heads who oppose all change. They will lead their members out of a job if they're not careful.
People are queuing up to be doctors and teachers and firemen.
Why is that exactly?
Because they think they're getting a shit deal?
Don't make me laugh.

Serious question. Why does everything have to be seen through the 'filters' of left and right? Why can't an issue be judged objectively without political leanings? Why do you assume those pesky 'lefties' just can't grasp this issue with the depth of knowledge you seem to possess, yet they're the ones with chips on their shoulders?

And no-one is talking about privatisation? Why don't you enlighten us all with the purpose of the Health & Social Care Act 2012?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 1613 viewsFlashberryjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:31 - Feb 11 by Highjack

Have you considered that the media you read/view might be slightly biased too? It could happen you know.

Never ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:51 - Feb 11 with 1602 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:31 - Feb 11 by Highjack

The BBC is meant to be impartial though isn't it. My aching sides. And they send people round knocking the door asking why I don't fund their state propaganda.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:54 - Feb 11 with 1595 viewsexiledclaseboy

So is the BBC biased towards the left or right this evening? I lose track so easily.

Poll: Tory leader

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:55 - Feb 11 with 1595 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:51 - Feb 11 by Jack_Meoff

The BBC is meant to be impartial though isn't it. My aching sides. And they send people round knocking the door asking why I don't fund their state propaganda.

Sorry to digress but on the issue of privatisation, here's the lovely tale of the East Coast Rail line, in chronological order:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/east-coast-rail-line-returns-mor

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/01/east-coast-rail-line-returns-to-p

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/24d6c7d2-6dd4-11e5-8171-ba1968cf791a.html#axzz3zsejnJr

Government care about value for taxpayer's money. My f*cking eyes mun.

Edit: Didn't mean to quote myself here *ahem*
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 19:08]

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:31 - Feb 11 with 1559 viewswaynekerr55

Junior Doctors Strike on 18:54 - Feb 11 by exiledclaseboy

So is the BBC biased towards the left or right this evening? I lose track so easily.

Depends which way it pulled up its metaphorical pants, I suppose.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:38 - Feb 11 with 1552 viewsblueytheblue

A mate works in the accounts department of the local NHS Trust.

We discussed the strike plans and he was pretty livid about it.

From memory, he pointed out the junior doctors were the most pampered primas in the whole NHS, the bulk of his work involved processing their expenses claims. He pointed out the "oooh we have to pay for our annual membership fees" was a joke of a comment given the vast majority claimed it back on expenses.

He also pointed out he was routinely reporting doctors at all levels to the audit department for wrongdoings yet little ever came of it.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:39 - Feb 11 with 1343 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:38 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

A mate works in the accounts department of the local NHS Trust.

We discussed the strike plans and he was pretty livid about it.

From memory, he pointed out the junior doctors were the most pampered primas in the whole NHS, the bulk of his work involved processing their expenses claims. He pointed out the "oooh we have to pay for our annual membership fees" was a joke of a comment given the vast majority claimed it back on expenses.

He also pointed out he was routinely reporting doctors at all levels to the audit department for wrongdoings yet little ever came of it.

Well I'm convinced.

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 1335 viewsblueytheblue

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:39 - Feb 11 by exiledclaseboy

Well I'm convinced.

Didn't ask you to be convinced.

I'll take toe word of someone I've known over 20 years who works in the financial side over rhetoric every time.

Personally, I'd like to see a number of those doctors look for work elsewhere. It'll be interesting seeing the scrote who wasted 14 hours of my wife's time claiming her rash was a "reaction to new washing powder" when she pointed out we'd used the same powder for decades; that is was a lupus rash, something she suffers from. Said scrote claimed he didn't know what lupus was. Hint; worst case it can shut down all major organs. So pretty f***ing serious then. Scrote referred her to dermatology who instantly said it was a lupus rash and why the f*** had she been sent there...

Oh wait, I forgot, all NHS frontline staff are clearly the most competent ever, that seems to be the mantra.

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 1332 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:45 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Didn't ask you to be convinced.

I'll take toe word of someone I've known over 20 years who works in the financial side over rhetoric every time.

Personally, I'd like to see a number of those doctors look for work elsewhere. It'll be interesting seeing the scrote who wasted 14 hours of my wife's time claiming her rash was a "reaction to new washing powder" when she pointed out we'd used the same powder for decades; that is was a lupus rash, something she suffers from. Said scrote claimed he didn't know what lupus was. Hint; worst case it can shut down all major organs. So pretty f***ing serious then. Scrote referred her to dermatology who instantly said it was a lupus rash and why the f*** had she been sent there...

Oh wait, I forgot, all NHS frontline staff are clearly the most competent ever, that seems to be the mantra.

No one's pretending that mistakes are not made either. But you're clearly bitter and understandably so. And of course you're a Tory shill.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 19:49]

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:50 - Feb 11 with 1329 viewswaynekerr55

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:49 - Feb 11 by exiledclaseboy

No one's pretending that mistakes are not made either. But you're clearly bitter and understandably so. And of course you're a Tory shill.

He's Danish?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:57 - Feb 11 with 1319 viewsblueytheblue

Yes, not knowing what an illness was and decrying it despite it being in her f*cking notes was just a mistake. One that could have killed her. Damn shame. Bitter over some c*nt potentially killing my wife? God I'm so evil.

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:00 - Feb 11 with 1313 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:57 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Yes, not knowing what an illness was and decrying it despite it being in her f*cking notes was just a mistake. One that could have killed her. Damn shame. Bitter over some c*nt potentially killing my wife? God I'm so evil.

You saw the bit where I said "understandably so", yes?

Try therapy. You have anger issues.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 20:00]

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:05 - Feb 11 with 1297 viewsblueytheblue

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:00 - Feb 11 by exiledclaseboy

You saw the bit where I said "understandably so", yes?

Try therapy. You have anger issues.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 20:00]

Hulk smaaaaaaaash.

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:05 - Feb 11 with 1297 viewsskippyjack

Yeah, but i'm bitter about the Labour party blaming the 'Tories' for my predicament, when it was in fact Labour.. followed up by the Tories.

At least the Tories admit they're c*nts.

While Labour crown themselves as the party of the 'people'..

And i have family on either side of the fence an all.. Pro Tory, and Pro Labour.

And i'm not voting for any of the corrupt c*nts.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 1288 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:05 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Hulk smaaaaaaaash.

That's more like it.

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 1282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:05 - Feb 11 by skippyjack

Yeah, but i'm bitter about the Labour party blaming the 'Tories' for my predicament, when it was in fact Labour.. followed up by the Tories.

At least the Tories admit they're c*nts.

While Labour crown themselves as the party of the 'people'..

And i have family on either side of the fence an all.. Pro Tory, and Pro Labour.

And i'm not voting for any of the corrupt c*nts.

I wasn't talking to you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024