Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Doctors Strike 22:04 - Feb 10 with 14203 viewsSwanzay

Is it me or is the BBC towing the Jeremy Hunt party line today, that its not him to blame?

I fully support the JDs.

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:42 - Feb 11 with 1836 viewsskippyjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:25 - Feb 11 by Jack_Meoff

Numerous studies. Any links?

F*cking tiresome establishment troll.

Yawn.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 23:28]

He's correct.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:48 - Feb 11 with 1817 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:42 - Feb 11 by skippyjack

He's correct.

OK, then fund it properly 7 days, not stretch 5 over 7.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:54 - Feb 11 with 1814 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:25 - Feb 11 by Jack_Meoff

Numerous studies. Any links?

F*cking tiresome establishment troll.

Yawn.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 23:28]

Another lazy fukking ignoramus.

Here you are c u n t...

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/evidence-base.pdf

I'm against the monarchy.
For the abolition of the House of Lords.
For reform of the voting system.
For the total separation of church and state.
There is fuk all establishment about me.

Judging by your laziness and your inability to inform yourself I'm betting you vote Labour.
Which would make you the supporter of the establishment wouldn't it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:55 - Feb 11 with 1807 viewspikeypaul

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:48 - Feb 11 by Jack_Meoff

OK, then fund it properly 7 days, not stretch 5 over 7.

Retard,you obviously do not know how the NHS budget works.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Junior Doctors Strike on 00:18 - Feb 12 with 1777 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:54 - Feb 11 by Kerouac

Another lazy fukking ignoramus.

Here you are c u n t...

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/evidence-base.pdf

I'm against the monarchy.
For the abolition of the House of Lords.
For reform of the voting system.
For the total separation of church and state.
There is fuk all establishment about me.

Judging by your laziness and your inability to inform yourself I'm betting you vote Labour.
Which would make you the supporter of the establishment wouldn't it

I don't vote mate. Pathetic illusion of which bunch of criminals will rob you blind isn't my idea of democracy.

I've not been lazy in coming to that conclusion, and have informed myself a whole lot on the way.

Anyway, fair response of yours to mine earlier. Apologies.

Mate if you fancy a pint before or after a game sometime I'm in...just saying, genuinely interested.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Junior Doctors Strike on 01:00 - Feb 12 with 1774 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 00:18 - Feb 12 by Jack_Meoff

I don't vote mate. Pathetic illusion of which bunch of criminals will rob you blind isn't my idea of democracy.

I've not been lazy in coming to that conclusion, and have informed myself a whole lot on the way.

Anyway, fair response of yours to mine earlier. Apologies.

Mate if you fancy a pint before or after a game sometime I'm in...just saying, genuinely interested.

I disagree with you on democracy and the importance of voting obviously.

I too overstepped the mark and apologise.

The fact you apologised first and suggested a pint is to your immense credit and I admit I misjudged and underestimated you.

I take the boy at the moment and make the day all about him but might take you up on the offer one day

Junior Doctors Strike on 01:27 - Feb 12 with 1747 viewsadamswan

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:46 - Feb 11 by Kerouac

No it's not.
It's about numerous studies that have reached the conclusion that the customers get worse outcomes on the weekend.

Nobody is talking about privatising anything. Prove me wrong.
The doctors are being asked to work less hours for more or less the same money. Prove me wrong.
Better health outcomes are more likely when there are more doctors on at the weekend and they've worked less hours. Prove me wrong.

You're all just showing you have no grasp of the issues, a massive chip on your shoulders and an obvious agenda.
The NHS has to be managed by the people we pay to manage it on our behalf.
Being a doctor is meant to be a vocation not a political platform.

The unions are politicised by left wing knob heads who oppose all change. They will lead their members out of a job if they're not careful.
People are queuing up to be doctors and teachers and firemen.
Why is that exactly?
Because they think they're getting a shit deal?
Don't make me laugh.

Can you confirm whether you have worked in the NHS, or in a hospital in any capacity? And you can change "people are queuing up to be Doctors", to people "were". You are clearly intelligent and make a plausible argument, but I can't believe you have first hand experience working in the system as it is.
Junior Doctors Strike on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 1703 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 01:27 - Feb 12 by adamswan

Can you confirm whether you have worked in the NHS, or in a hospital in any capacity? And you can change "people are queuing up to be Doctors", to people "were". You are clearly intelligent and make a plausible argument, but I can't believe you have first hand experience working in the system as it is.

Before I reveal anymore personal info I ask you why would it matter whether I have worked in the NHS or not?

If you are suggesting that only doctors, nurses, anaesthetists, surgeons etc. could possibly know the best way forward for the NHS I put the following to you;

1) They have a vested interest regarding their pay and conditions
2) They are regularly consulted
3) Lansley brought in changes to the NHS so that G.P.s had the say on a patient's care plan, which path they took through the NHS, which services were procured....he did this as health professionals had complained during a previous consultation that they knew best and had to little a say. This was an area that they have expertise in and have no vested interest (other than achieving the best health outcomes for their patients).

How did they react when they were listened too and a change was made which put more power in their hands?

4) Numerous studies have reached the same conclusion regarding weeken patient care. Health professionals had their say in a public consultation. Junior doctors complained that there were too few of them, supervised by too few consultants, and were asked to work too long hours on weekends. These were the reasons THEY gave for poor health outcomes for the public/the tax payer/ your BOSS when requiring certain health care on weekends.

The government of the day has listened to health professionals and are addressing the very real problems (Don't think that this is Tories being Tories....ANY party in government would be responsible for addressing these problems. As the Blair/Brown years show, shirking your responsibilities is not a viable option.).
Their commitment to a "7-day NHS" was in their manifesto, they campaigned on it, and they won a majority.
They have the mandate.
Health care professionals need to get on with their job and allow the government to get on with theirs.
They've been listened too. They've negotiated with the government for 3 fugging years. They have won lots of concessions from the government...
BUT they won't budge on the Saturday being treated like any other day.

This is not about patients as they spin to the press. This is about Doctors wanting to work less hours (check), not be exposed on understaffed wards at weekends (check) AND to be paid what they used to be paid for working Saturdays....which is impossible unless anyone's got a money tree handy.

The union is playing politics and it is all very unseemly, unbecoming of a VOCATION that is supposed to be about looking after the sick/ill/dying as best as possible.
They're talking about further strikes.
Imagine you and your family being under attack and requiring the services of the Army, Police or Fireservice.
Imagine the response was "Sorry mate I'm on strike".
It is blackmail for financial gain.
Pure and simple.

Login to get fewer ads

Junior Doctors Strike on 10:05 - Feb 12 with 1687 viewsLeonisGod

Junior Doctors Strike on 08:50 - Feb 12 by Kerouac

Before I reveal anymore personal info I ask you why would it matter whether I have worked in the NHS or not?

If you are suggesting that only doctors, nurses, anaesthetists, surgeons etc. could possibly know the best way forward for the NHS I put the following to you;

3) Lansley brought in changes to the NHS so that G.P.s had the say on a patient's care plan, which path they took through the NHS, which services were procured....he did this as health professionals had complained during a previous consultation that they knew best and had to little a say. This was an area that they have expertise in and have no vested interest (other than achieving the best health outcomes for their patients).

How did they react when they were listened too and a change was made which put more power in their hands?

4) Numerous studies have reached the same conclusion regarding weeken patient care. Health professionals had their say in a public consultation. Junior doctors complained that there were too few of them, supervised by too few consultants, and were asked to work too long hours on weekends. These were the reasons THEY gave for poor health outcomes for the public/the tax payer/ your BOSS when requiring certain health care on weekends.

The government of the day has listened to health professionals and are addressing the very real problems (Don't think that this is Tories being Tories....ANY party in government would be responsible for addressing these problems. As the Blair/Brown years show, shirking your responsibilities is not a viable option.).
Their commitment to a "7-day NHS" was in their manifesto, they campaigned on it, and they won a majority.
They have the mandate.
Health care professionals need to get on with their job and allow the government to get on with theirs.
They've been listened too. They've negotiated with the government for 3 fugging years. They have won lots of concessions from the government...

This is not about patients as they spin to the press. This is about Doctors wanting to work less hours (check), not be exposed on understaffed wards at weekends (check) AND to be paid what they used to be paid for working Saturdays....which is impossible unless anyone's got a money tree handy.

The union is playing politics and it is all very unseemly, unbecoming of a VOCATION that is supposed to be about looking after the sick/ill/dying as best as possible.
Imagine you and your family being under attack and requiring the services of the Army, Police or Fireservice.
Pure and simple.

You keep talking about this being a vocation, as if that means they shouldn't be fairly recompensed for their time. I find that a very strange viewpoint.

There's a load of spin on both sides of this argument. For a start, deaths are not higher on weekends. More people die in hospitals in the mid-week than on weekends. Where the weekend spin has come from is that for patients admitted on a weekend there is a higher mortality rate within 30 days of when they were admitted. There could be several reasons for this and it's been well documented that it is not necessarily down to staffing levels.

There is a 7 day NHS currently, so that's more spin. But if they want to increase staff levels over weekends they need to spend more, unless they reduce levels during the week.

The bottom line is that junior doctors will take a significant pay hit through this deal (up to about £4k per year, or about 13%, I believe). On a per hour basis they are paid an insulting pittance for the training they've been through, responsibility they have and role they do. They shouldn't be working 90+ hour weeks to top up salaries to an almost reasonable level. They should be receiving their current salary for working sensible hours (about half of what they do now).

We all need the NHS, so I can't understand why anyone would not want to see it staffed with well motivated and valued staff.

The problem is paying for it. Well, as for a 'money tree,' there's a £120 billion tax gap for starters and then anywhere between £41-100 bn for trident replacement. It's all about priorities and values at the end of the day.
Junior Doctors Strike on 11:20 - Feb 12 with 1657 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 10:05 - Feb 12 by LeonisGod

You keep talking about this being a vocation, as if that means they shouldn't be fairly recompensed for their time. I find that a very strange viewpoint.

There's a load of spin on both sides of this argument. For a start, deaths are not higher on weekends. More people die in hospitals in the mid-week than on weekends. Where the weekend spin has come from is that for patients admitted on a weekend there is a higher mortality rate within 30 days of when they were admitted. There could be several reasons for this and it's been well documented that it is not necessarily down to staffing levels.

There is a 7 day NHS currently, so that's more spin. But if they want to increase staff levels over weekends they need to spend more, unless they reduce levels during the week.

The bottom line is that junior doctors will take a significant pay hit through this deal (up to about £4k per year, or about 13%, I believe). On a per hour basis they are paid an insulting pittance for the training they've been through, responsibility they have and role they do. They shouldn't be working 90+ hour weeks to top up salaries to an almost reasonable level. They should be receiving their current salary for working sensible hours (about half of what they do now).

We all need the NHS, so I can't understand why anyone would not want to see it staffed with well motivated and valued staff.

The problem is paying for it. Well, as for a 'money tree,' there's a £120 billion tax gap for starters and then anywhere between £41-100 bn for trident replacement. It's all about priorities and values at the end of the day.

"You keep talking about this being a vocation, as if that means they shouldn't be fairly recompensed for their time. I find that a very strange viewpoint. "

- Check out for yourselves if they are "fairly recompensed" here; https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/about/careers-medicine/pay-doctors

I am surrounded by health care professionals on the Gower. We are talking £500k+ houses.

"There's a load of spin on both sides of this argument. For a start, deaths are not higher on weekends. More people die in hospitals in the mid-week than on weekends. Where the weekend spin has come from is that for patients admitted on a weekend there is a higher mortality rate within 30 days of when they were admitted. There could be several reasons for this and it's been well documented that it is not necessarily down to staffing levels. "

- 6 out of 8 studies disagree with you. Is it for healthcare professionals to decide who to believe and what strategy to follow? I don't think so. They have a mandate. You need to deliver the health service the electorate is asking for. That's how democracy works.

"There is a 7 day NHS currently, so that's more spin. But if they want to increase staff levels over weekends they need to spend more, unless they reduce levels during the week."

- There is a 7 day A&E, not NHS. So you are the one spinning. They think they don't need to do this. Again, it's not for NHS staff to decide on how to achieve this. If they introduce a 7 day NHS and find that they need more staff and chuck more money at it that is what they will have to do won't they? The government of the day would have to explain to the electorate that a 7 day NHS is only possible with an increase in taxes and the electorate could choose at the ballot box.

"The bottom line is that junior doctors will take a significant pay hit through this deal (up to about £4k per year, or about 13%, I believe). On a per hour basis they are paid an insulting pittance for the training they've been through, responsibility they have and role they do. They shouldn't be working 90+ hour weeks to top up salaries to an almost reasonable level. They should be receiving their current salary for working sensible hours (about half of what they do now)."

- The average salary of a Junior doctor is about £37k isn't it? Not an insulting pittance...and the deal being proposed is trying to significantly reduce their working hours with a minimal effect on their pay packet. The pay off being taking their turn to work Saturdays on the rota without extra pay.

Yes we all need it. Yes we all want to see it staffed with well motivated happy staff.
At the ned of the day I care more about the patients and what the electorate wants.

The electorate doesn't want to get rid of trident....bare in mind I have sympathy for the scrap trident position (being a Lib Dem and all).
If any government could wave a magic wand and recover all unpaid tax they would.
In reality you have to spend money (at the Inland Revenue) in order to recover a portion of that tax.
Which was started under the coalition and has been continued by this government.

Junior Doctors Strike on 12:51 - Feb 12 with 1635 viewsGlyn1

Kerouac - you keep saying that the Tories were elected last year with a mandate to make changes to the NHS. So far as I remember, they said absolutely nothing about making these changes in their manifesto.

If they had done so, I'm sure the doctors would have made their feelings known about it during the general election campaign.

Or am I misremembering this? Does anyone have a link to their election manifesto or (god help you) a paper copy of it?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 1588 viewsNogginthenog

He also keeps alluding to the electorate wanting this, I would go as far as to say only a small proportion of the electorate voted for the Tories. And as far as manifestos go, most of them contain nothing but broken promises, and that's from all persuasions. We could afford a seven day NHS easily if we rearrange the finances. Start by collecting due taxes and stop interfering in overseas escapades that waste billions and cause nothing but destruction and misery. I will repeat what I have already stated, this is nothing more than hammering another union and the assertion of their dogma, private good, public bad.
Junior Doctors Strike on 15:22 - Feb 12 with 1561 viewsgrampajack

If you look back at this discussion, you will see people taking sides, comparing. This is the popular conservative 'divide and conquer' plan rolling out again. When the new mantra is public and there is some objection, the machine kicks in with 'look at them complaining . they are well off, not working, scrounging, spending your hard earned money, etc etc. people generally buy in and bite immediately.
Everyone has an opinion, even if they know little about the disagreement. If it's about benefits they wind up the taxpayers about wasting your money. With the doctors there is a comparison of earnings which riles most people.
T he position is that the government needs to cut public funding and so brands anything publicly owned as being inefficient with too many employed, paid too much etc. For private sector efficiency see the 'barrage calculations which doubled in weeks. This 7 day position is to incite anger from the people who already work 24/7 some work 24/365.
This is about control. I'm rewriting contracts because that will show I'm doing my job to reduce inefficiency. There are probably some good points in the changes planned however, this has become the norm for negotiations . If it doesn't go to plan compare, get support from the less.... whatever. Control by envy whilst social services and institutions , long since considered important enough to create are left to wither on the vine because people cam monitor the cost of everything and are aware of the values of little. I will now get off my box and prepare for incoming.
Junior Doctors Strike on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 1542 viewslonglostjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 08:50 - Feb 12 by Kerouac

They have the mandate.

Pure and simple.

"Their commitment to a "7-day NHS" was in their manifesto, they campaigned on it, and they won a majority.
They have the mandate."

Did you mean to say "our commitment " "our manifesto" " we have the mandate". No need to be shy and no shame if you are a Tory mate. I like to think we live in a tolerant society.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:30 - Feb 12 with 1512 viewsJack_Meoff

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:55 - Feb 11 by pikeypaul

Retard,you obviously do not know how the NHS budget works.

Some bigger picture stuff

http://www.lbc.co.uk/junior-doctor-perfectly-explains-why-you-should-back-them-1

The only 'retards' (stay classy fella) on this thread I'd suggest are those who think the Tories in any way give one flying f*ck about patient care. It's all about the money.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 22:23]

Junior Doctors Strike on 20:11 - Feb 12 with 1492 viewsbangorjack

Junior Doctors Strike on 09:47 - Feb 11 by dickythorpe

Some of those strikers with their placards looked very washed out and tired......feck me it looked as if they were enjoying it!!!

Get some of them to work on a building site, supermarket, coal mine, car wash, care home, call centre for a day and they soon wouldnt complain!

I find it a bit disrespectful to imply that as being a doctor does not involve manual labour it is not hard work. It's stressful and tiring, just in a different way. When you tell 7 different patients and families in one week that they have months to live you become emotionally drained. When someone is coughing up pints of blood infront of you to the point they pass away despite your best efforts, it takes it's toll emotionally. When you see someone in A&E threatening suicide and you eventually send them home, you spend the next few days constantly worrying. When you take blood off someone with hepatitis and get a neddlestick injury you sepnd the next few weeks dreading your blood test results. All of those have happened to either myself or people close to me. So please don't make out that my job isn't tiring. Every job is different and has different stresses, you can't compare one to another.

With regards to a 7 days NHS. The study the Jeremy Hunt keeps referencing about weekend mortality states, I believe, that people admitted on a Sunday are more likely to die than someone admitted midweek. A very important factor in this is that almost everyone admitted on a Sunday will be an emergency, and by definition very unwell, likely frail with multiple medical conditions. Whereas during the week a large proportion of admissions are elective, or less unwell people who have been well enough to wait to see their GP before being admitted. The author's of the study stated that it would be rash to assume staffing levels would make any difference to the mortality.

Ultimately, if we want a full 7 day NHS service (which if run properly would clearly be a good thing), it's not a matter of spreading out doctors to make them work more on the weekend, and thus thinning out staffing on weekdays. You need more doctors, more nurses, and you need full staffing levels on the weekend including radiographers, physios, lab technicians, secretries, receptionists, social workers etc. This needs a lot more money than our government is willing to spend (I think I'm right in saying we spend a much lower proportion of our GDP on healthcare than most other European countries, but don't quote me on that).
Junior Doctors Strike on 20:20 - Feb 12 with 1486 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Junior Doctors Strike on 15:22 - Feb 12 by grampajack

If you look back at this discussion, you will see people taking sides, comparing. This is the popular conservative 'divide and conquer' plan rolling out again. When the new mantra is public and there is some objection, the machine kicks in with 'look at them complaining . they are well off, not working, scrounging, spending your hard earned money, etc etc. people generally buy in and bite immediately.
Everyone has an opinion, even if they know little about the disagreement. If it's about benefits they wind up the taxpayers about wasting your money. With the doctors there is a comparison of earnings which riles most people.
T he position is that the government needs to cut public funding and so brands anything publicly owned as being inefficient with too many employed, paid too much etc. For private sector efficiency see the 'barrage calculations which doubled in weeks. This 7 day position is to incite anger from the people who already work 24/7 some work 24/365.
This is about control. I'm rewriting contracts because that will show I'm doing my job to reduce inefficiency. There are probably some good points in the changes planned however, this has become the norm for negotiations . If it doesn't go to plan compare, get support from the less.... whatever. Control by envy whilst social services and institutions , long since considered important enough to create are left to wither on the vine because people cam monitor the cost of everything and are aware of the values of little. I will now get off my box and prepare for incoming.

Bravo Sir

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Junior Doctors Strike on 22:38 - Feb 12 with 1444 viewsJack_Meoff

Lovely post fella.

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:28 - Feb 12 with 1426 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 12:51 - Feb 12 by Glyn1

Kerouac - you keep saying that the Tories were elected last year with a mandate to make changes to the NHS. So far as I remember, they said absolutely nothing about making these changes in their manifesto.

If they had done so, I'm sure the doctors would have made their feelings known about it during the general election campaign.

Or am I misremembering this? Does anyone have a link to their election manifesto or (god help you) a paper copy of it?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6387643/tories-election-pledg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32772548

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-on-plans-for-a-seven-day-nhs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439238/Jeremy-Hunt-s-pledge-seven-day-N

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practice/access/tory-manifesto-confusion-as-par

https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:39 - Feb 12 with 1421 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 14:30 - Feb 12 by Nogginthenog

He also keeps alluding to the electorate wanting this, I would go as far as to say only a small proportion of the electorate voted for the Tories. And as far as manifestos go, most of them contain nothing but broken promises, and that's from all persuasions. We could afford a seven day NHS easily if we rearrange the finances. Start by collecting due taxes and stop interfering in overseas escapades that waste billions and cause nothing but destruction and misery. I will repeat what I have already stated, this is nothing more than hammering another union and the assertion of their dogma, private good, public bad.

Corbyn doesn't raise the issue at PM's questions, I wonder why hmmmm.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439238/Jeremy-Hunt-s-pledge-seven-day-N

So when we formed a coalition with the Tories we were behaving disgracefully, breaking our pre-election promises in the manifesto.....but now you admit;

"And as far as manifestos go, most of them contain nothing but broken promises, and that's from all persuasions."

...and as for your claim that a 7 day NHS is affordable only if we;
"stop interfering in overseas escapades that waste billions and cause nothing but destruction and misery."

When the Coalition came in in 2010 the UK had troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE LABOUR PARTY PUT THEM THERE.
Today we have no boots on the ground in conflict zones.

REMEMBER KIDS, NOBODY DOES HYPOCRISY AND BITTER CHIP ON THE SHOULDER QUITE LIKE THE LABOUR PARTY

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:41 - Feb 12 with 1417 viewsKerouac

Do you have any solutions for dealing with higher patient mortality regarding weekend admissions?

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:45 - Feb 12 with 1416 viewsKerouac

Junior Doctors Strike on 17:01 - Feb 12 by longlostjack

"Their commitment to a "7-day NHS" was in their manifesto, they campaigned on it, and they won a majority.
They have the mandate."

Did you mean to say "our commitment " "our manifesto" " we have the mandate". No need to be shy and no shame if you are a Tory mate. I like to think we live in a tolerant society.

No I didn't.

Just because my party would have done things differently doesn't mean I can't see that they made a pre-election pledge, it was popular and THEY WON.

You are obviously a very sore loser.

I prefer to respect democracy.

Do you have any solutions for dealing with the higher mortality rate regarding weekend admissions?

Junior Doctors Strike on 02:59 - Feb 13 with 1387 viewsHumpty

Junior Doctors Strike on 23:41 - Feb 12 by Kerouac

Do you have any solutions for dealing with higher patient mortality regarding weekend admissions?

I do.

Employ more doctors and whatever staff they need to do the job on weekends as well.

Rather than make junior doctors do it without adequately compensating them.

Pretty simple really.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 3:14]
Junior Doctors Strike on 03:01 - Feb 13 with 1386 viewsHumpty

And when you keep on going about a mandate.

The mandate said we'd have a 7 day NHS.

When did the mandate say we'd make doctors work harder for less money?
Junior Doctors Strike on 03:06 - Feb 13 with 1385 viewsHumpty

Junior Doctors Strike on 19:38 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

A mate works in the accounts department of the local NHS Trust.

We discussed the strike plans and he was pretty livid about it.

From memory, he pointed out the junior doctors were the most pampered primas in the whole NHS, the bulk of his work involved processing their expenses claims. He pointed out the "oooh we have to pay for our annual membership fees" was a joke of a comment given the vast majority claimed it back on expenses.

He also pointed out he was routinely reporting doctors at all levels to the audit department for wrongdoings yet little ever came of it.

I think Jeremy C*nt should base his future of the NHS on what bluey's mates say, and they should also take into account how his wifes rash is doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024