Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised 23:07 - Feb 11 with 3310 viewswhiterock

Question time in Llanelli and no sign of Peter Hain

This post has been edited by an administrator
Surprised on 23:27 - Feb 11 with 1936 viewsjackrabbit

What a boring panel. That Leanne Wood woman could bore for Europe or Uw-rope as she it. Predictable questions, predictable audience responses - mention 'baling out the bankers' and get a round of applause. Farage is the only one that doesn't spout platitudes. What is the point of that comedian - no not Carwyn, the other one - on the panel? Oops, here he goes playing the race card - discussing controlling our borders is apparently scaremongering. I'm off to bed.
Surprised on 00:08 - Feb 12 with 1886 viewsBanosswan

Surprised on 23:27 - Feb 11 by jackrabbit

What a boring panel. That Leanne Wood woman could bore for Europe or Uw-rope as she it. Predictable questions, predictable audience responses - mention 'baling out the bankers' and get a round of applause. Farage is the only one that doesn't spout platitudes. What is the point of that comedian - no not Carwyn, the other one - on the panel? Oops, here he goes playing the race card - discussing controlling our borders is apparently scaremongering. I'm off to bed.

We have no variety in Welsh politics basically.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Surprised on 00:30 - Feb 12 with 1860 viewsVinnie

Surprised on 23:27 - Feb 11 by jackrabbit

I thought exactly the same and while I'm sure Leanne Wood is a nice girl,she lives in bloody cuckoo land.
Surprised on 07:08 - Feb 12 with 1775 viewsEdmundo

Surprised on 00:30 - Feb 12 by Vinnie

I thought exactly the same and while I'm sure Leanne Wood is a nice girl,she lives in bloody cuckoo land.

A certain lack of quality in the political choices in Wales. It's not surprising really, a land that's been labour controlled for so long, just looks like a place that is devoid of free thinking and confidence.

Maybe another few decades of this will firmly entrench us is the bottom of the European League 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Surprised on 07:39 - Feb 12 with 1747 viewsKilkennyjack

Firstly lovely Leanne was again brilliant. A journo type guy on twitter said her voice was 'audio chocolate'. The Red Rhondda Republican Rebel take a bow.

Farage was the golf club bore as usual. Uninformed, and still 'the pound shop Enoch Powell'. A joke.

Tory boy Crabb, old Carwyn, and the comedian did ok.

I thought it was a good mix covering the senedd, westminster, and brussels.

And before we all agree welsh politics is shite, its worth remembering that in the last century, 2 of the 3 greatest orators in westminster were welsh - lloyd george and nye. The other being churchill of course. Maybe we are not so dull after all.

Beware of the Risen People

Surprised on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 1680 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 07:39 - Feb 12 by Kilkennyjack

Firstly lovely Leanne was again brilliant. A journo type guy on twitter said her voice was 'audio chocolate'. The Red Rhondda Republican Rebel take a bow.

Farage was the golf club bore as usual. Uninformed, and still 'the pound shop Enoch Powell'. A joke.

Tory boy Crabb, old Carwyn, and the comedian did ok.

I thought it was a good mix covering the senedd, westminster, and brussels.

And before we all agree welsh politics is shite, its worth remembering that in the last century, 2 of the 3 greatest orators in westminster were welsh - lloyd george and nye. The other being churchill of course. Maybe we are not so dull after all.

LLoyd George wasn't dubbed "The Wizard" for nothing he is rightly acknowledged as being one of the twentieth century's greatest orators but Aneurin Bevan was nowhere near that elite bracket. He was good value because of the outrageous things he'd say not because of the style of his delivery. Have you heard him? The high-pitch, the stammer: that's not the instrument of a rhetorician. Labour's best speaker, well ILP anyway, of the last century was a Scot, James Maxton.

Churchill wasn't a great public speaker by any stretch of the imagination, being able to deliver a radio script well isn't the same thing at all. His delivery was ponderous and he completely lacked the adroitness or confidence to perform extempore. The mauling he took in the Commons from Mosley in the '20s are legendary.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Surprised on 13:57 - Feb 12 with 1580 viewsNookiejack

What was quite interesting was that all panel members seemed to think imposition of tariffs on Chinese steel was a good thing.

The panel seemed to indicate EU wanted to increase the tariffs but UK Govt had blocked this at EU.

China has built up too much capital investment (switching after 2008 crash - from an export led economy to one based on capital investment). From this overproduction in steel not likely to go away and steel prices likely to be low for considerable time.

Surprised one of the panelists didn't make counter 'free trade' argument including that cheap Chinese steel could actually be good for rest of UK economy - however you do then wipe out steel industry in South Wales and rest of UK.

UK steel industry also seemed to be paying more for its energy than international competitors - due to cost of renewable energy (which is obviously another debate). (Would Swansea's tidal lagoon increase or decrease electricity prices?)

I suppose this steel example supports one of the criticisms that Karl Marx made about capitalist system - tendency to build up over capacity at certain points in economic cycle - causing boom and bust.

No easy answers.
Surprised on 13:59 - Feb 12 with 1576 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 13:57 - Feb 12 by Nookiejack

What was quite interesting was that all panel members seemed to think imposition of tariffs on Chinese steel was a good thing.

The panel seemed to indicate EU wanted to increase the tariffs but UK Govt had blocked this at EU.

China has built up too much capital investment (switching after 2008 crash - from an export led economy to one based on capital investment). From this overproduction in steel not likely to go away and steel prices likely to be low for considerable time.

Surprised one of the panelists didn't make counter 'free trade' argument including that cheap Chinese steel could actually be good for rest of UK economy - however you do then wipe out steel industry in South Wales and rest of UK.

UK steel industry also seemed to be paying more for its energy than international competitors - due to cost of renewable energy (which is obviously another debate). (Would Swansea's tidal lagoon increase or decrease electricity prices?)

I suppose this steel example supports one of the criticisms that Karl Marx made about capitalist system - tendency to build up over capacity at certain points in economic cycle - causing boom and bust.

No easy answers.

Muddled thinking there from Dead Wood seeing as she's a member of No Borders.

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised on 14:27 - Feb 12 with 1533 viewsdailew

Apparently he was off filming a new Tango advert.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Surprised on 14:29 - Feb 12 with 1528 viewsGroo

Is Peter Hain a footballer then? Unsure why this is on the football forum.

Groo does what Groo does best

Surprised on 17:10 - Feb 12 with 1445 viewsEdmundo

Surprised on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

LLoyd George wasn't dubbed "The Wizard" for nothing he is rightly acknowledged as being one of the twentieth century's greatest orators but Aneurin Bevan was nowhere near that elite bracket. He was good value because of the outrageous things he'd say not because of the style of his delivery. Have you heard him? The high-pitch, the stammer: that's not the instrument of a rhetorician. Labour's best speaker, well ILP anyway, of the last century was a Scot, James Maxton.

Churchill wasn't a great public speaker by any stretch of the imagination, being able to deliver a radio script well isn't the same thing at all. His delivery was ponderous and he completely lacked the adroitness or confidence to perform extempore. The mauling he took in the Commons from Mosley in the '20s are legendary.

I'm sure those politicians will be helping Wales loads in the coming elections.......could be interesting!

CURRENTLY we have very few quality politicians in Wales, representing us and fighting our corner.

Whether in Wales or Westminster name us a few Welsh MPs who currently represent us and who look out for us a country and us as a region within Wales?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Surprised on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 1256 viewstrampie

Surprised on 00:08 - Feb 12 by Banosswan

We have no variety in Welsh politics basically.

You don't know Leanne Woods politics or Plaids if you think that.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Surprised on 10:26 - Feb 14 with 1250 viewstrampie

Surprised on 00:30 - Feb 12 by Vinnie

I see your thinking reportedly turning down 23K for being leader and now wanting to turn down a 10k pay rise in your mind relates to living in cuckoo land.

I take it you prefer politicians that would milk the job ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Surprised on 10:49 - Feb 14 with 1230 viewstrampie

Surprised on 17:10 - Feb 12 by Edmundo

I'm sure those politicians will be helping Wales loads in the coming elections.......could be interesting!

CURRENTLY we have very few quality politicians in Wales, representing us and fighting our corner.

Whether in Wales or Westminster name us a few Welsh MPs who currently represent us and who look out for us a country and us as a region within Wales?

Swansea votes Brit Nat, no Brit Nat is going to look after Wales or Swansea.

Surprised on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 1207 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 10:49 - Feb 14 by trampie

Swansea votes Brit Nat, no Brit Nat is going to look after Wales or Swansea.

What about those Brit Nats that relocated the DVLA to Swansea and The Royal Mint to Cardiff? Damn those pesky blighters with their secure career opportunities and pension provision...

Surprised on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 1192 viewstrampie

Surprised on 12:05 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

What about those Brit Nats that relocated the DVLA to Swansea and The Royal Mint to Cardiff? Damn those pesky blighters with their secure career opportunities and pension provision...

Yes Swanzy and Kaardiff Brit Nat enclaves that vote Brit Nat and get sweetners back, no wonder Glyndwr burned them both to the ground.

Surprised on 12:35 - Feb 14 with 1177 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 12:19 - Feb 14 by trampie

Yes Swanzy and Kaardiff Brit Nat enclaves that vote Brit Nat and get sweetners back, no wonder Glyndwr burned them both to the ground.

Aren't you getting a bit long in the tooth for this sort of carry-on?

Surprised on 12:37 - Feb 14 with 1175 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surprised on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

Kinnock was a fantastic orator too.

Poll: Tory leader

Surprised on 12:39 - Feb 14 with 1172 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surprised on 12:05 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

They centralised in the former case rather than relocated.

Surprised on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 1169 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 12:39 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

They centralised in the former case rather than relocated.

How was it done previously? Was it a case of the different licencing functions being undertaken at several locations, presumably around London?

Surprised on 12:44 - Feb 14 with 1163 viewstrampie

Surprised on 12:35 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Aren't you getting a bit long in the tooth for this sort of carry-on?

Truth hurts does it. lol

Surprised on 12:45 - Feb 14 with 1161 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surprised on 12:42 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

How was it done previously? Was it a case of the different licencing functions being undertaken at several locations, presumably around London?

Local authorities used to issue both driving licences and register vehicles. They weren't very good at it either, hence the centralisation.

Surprised on 12:49 - Feb 14 with 1156 viewsLohengrin

Surprised on 12:37 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Kinnock was a fantastic orator too.

I'd say that Kinnock has probably been Labour's best stump orator during my lifetime, Clase.

Another I'd have loved to have seen perform would have been Arthur "AJ" Cook, the old Miner's Federation leader. My grandfather saw him several times and by all accounts he was seldom less than mesmerizing. Like a passionate and convinced revivalist preacher he could set the rostrum ablaze. I love all that.

Surprised on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surprised on 12:49 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

I'd say that Kinnock has probably been Labour's best stump orator during my lifetime, Clase.

Another I'd have loved to have seen perform would have been Arthur "AJ" Cook, the old Miner's Federation leader. My grandfather saw him several times and by all accounts he was seldom less than mesmerizing. Like a passionate and convinced revivalist preacher he could set the rostrum ablaze. I love all that.

I'd tend to agree with you about Kinnock. He was Labour leader when I first joined up as a radical-ish teen. Scargill was also a fantastic, rabble rousing speaker.

Is it too much of a stretch to opine that most great speakers tend to come from the left?

Surprised on 13:04 - Feb 14 with 1122 viewstrampie

Gwynfor was a good speaker.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024