Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread 18:03 - Feb 12 with 25046 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:10]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 7583 viewsDarran

2-1 to the mighty Swans and I hope jackharris gets home safely without being bashed up by the stewards.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 7587 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Feb 12 by Darran

2-1 to the mighty Swans and I hope jackharris gets home safely without being bashed up by the stewards.

You were waiting to put that one in lol

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Match Thread on 18:38 - Feb 12 with 7543 viewsjackharris

Welcome to the Jackharris' Weekend/Matchday Thread,
sponsored by Spin and Dry Laundrette
(Your number one place for clean sheets)
Capacity: 20,950 (18,850 Jacks and 2,060 Saints are expected)

Date: 3pm Saturday 13th February 2016
Matchday Programme £3
Weather - sponsored by Penclawdd Cockles

TEAM NEWS
Midfielder Ki Sung-yueng is available for Swansea after recovering from the concussion which ruled him out of last Saturday's draw with Crystal Palace. Francesco Guidolin has no fresh injury worries ahead of this weekend.

Southampton's Victor Wanyama begins a five-match ban imposed as a result of his third red card of the season. Steven Davis and Matt Targett return after recovering from injury, while Jay Rodriguez is expected back in full training in the next fortnight.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Alistair Mann: "Despite embarking on a timely four-match unbeaten run, Swansea are by no means clear of trouble. New boss Francesco Guidolin has started impressively but he may well feel that his team should be as many as four points better off, having given up leads in their last two matches, most frustratingly in the closing moments at West Brom. That disappointment is accentuated by viewing their next three games: in-form Southampton's visit is followed by trips to Tottenham and Arsenal.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin: "It will be a difficult game because they are a good team with good players and Ronald Koeman is an excellent manager.
"But we have the chance to play well and to win the game so I am confident."

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman on Fraser Forster's form since his return from injury: "If the player is out for nine or 10 months then you are not sure how they will come back, or you are not sure if they will go straight in at that level - but it has surprised me. It is a great credit to the player and the medical staff because the player was back in full condition. Of course, Fraser has had an impact in those five clean sheets but in my opinion it is the whole defensive line-up - and defending starts in front."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Swansea have won one and drawn two since Francesco Guidolin took charge. Southampton are also in good form, with four wins and a draw from their past five games. Something has to give, but Saints keeper Fraser Forster has not conceded a goal in five games since returning from injury and I am going to back him to continue that run. Prediction: 0-2

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
* Southampton have won four of their last five league meetings with Swansea, with the exception being a home defeat last season.
Swansea City
* Swansea are unbeaten in four league matches (W2, D2) - three of them since the arrival of new head coach Francesco Guidolin.
* They have only lost one of their last five league games at home (W2, D2).
* The three goals conceded by the Swans under Guidolin have all come from set pieces.
* They have scored 58% of their goals in the first half of games this season, the highest proportion in the top flight.
* Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances for Swansea.
Southampton
* Southampton have won four of their last five league games, drawing the other.
* The Saints have not conceded a goal in that time, with goalkeeper Fraser Forster saving all 14 of the shots he has faced in the league since returning from injury at the start of that five-match unbeaten run.
* They haven't conceded a league goal since Alex Tettey scored for Norwich on 2 January.
* However, Southampton have only won one of their last six away matches in the league (D1, L4).

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1
Probability of draw: 29%
Probability of home win: 35%
Probability of away win: 36%
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:07]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:51 - Feb 12 with 7494 viewsbonymine

WTF Is going on with those Saints scarves on the away seats ?? 😳😳
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 18:52]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Feb 12 with 7478 viewsJackfath

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:51 - Feb 12 by bonymine

We're trying to make the away fans feel at home. Sportsmanship.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Feb 12 with 7468 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:51 - Feb 12 by bonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Feb 12 with 7431 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

We're trying to make the away fans feel at home. Sportsmanship.

Bollux or what ?

We should be doing everything possible to make our stadium a fortress from now until the end of the season giving OUR team any possible advantage in every game and making it as difficult as possible for the away team not giving away freebies to help to stir up their support any more than it would normally be....

F*king unbelievable that 🙈🙈🙈 Massive own goal.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 12 with 7400 viewsOldjack

Please tell me those scarves won't be there tomorrow

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 12 with 7395 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Feb 12 by bonymine

Bollux or what ?

We should be doing everything possible to make our stadium a fortress from now until the end of the season giving OUR team any possible advantage in every game and making it as difficult as possible for the away team not giving away freebies to help to stir up their support any more than it would normally be....

Surely some kind of joke!?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Feb 12 with 7396 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Feb 12 by bonymine

Bollux or what ?

Southampton provided the scarfs for their own supporters, it was nothing to do with us, I didn't know they had been put out like that before the match last season or the season before? I would have got someone to collect them all up and give them to the homeless in the states!

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Feb 12 with 7388 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 12 by union_jack

Surely some kind of joke!?

That's what I was thinking photo must be from a previous time we played them in PL and we did this 'Sportsmanship' gesture? Jackharris please put us out of our misery !

Otherwise bollux as I said before.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Feb 12 with 7338 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Feb 12 by bonymine

That's what I was thinking photo must be from a previous time we played them in PL and we did this 'Sportsmanship' gesture? Jackharris please put us out of our misery !

Otherwise bollux as I said before.

Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back the scarves were all down to Southampton FC, nothing to do with us. I didn't know that we had let them put them out on the away stand seats. I thought they had been given out to them.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 19:53 - Feb 12 with 7329 viewsAl_Bundy

So we give away fans a nice visible presence great views and kit them out with scarves

You couldn't make it up !!! If Southampton want kit out their fans let them do it themselves!

If we lose shall we all stay behind and wave them off ??
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Feb 12 with 7321 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Feb 12 by jackharris

Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back the scarves were all down to Southampton FC, nothing to do with us. I didn't know that we had let them put them out on the away stand seats. I thought they had been given out to them.

Sorry mate missed that post earlier.

But why the f*ck should we allow this to happen in OUR ground whoever is paying for the scarves especially given our current precarious position in the PL ?

Cannot imagine any other club in the PL allowing this to happen in our position ?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Feb 12 with 7291 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Feb 12 by bonymine

But why the f*ck should we allow this to happen in OUR ground whoever is paying for the scarves especially given our current precarious position in the PL ?

Cannot imagine any other club in the PL allowing this to happen in our position ?

Great idea that

Maybe we should do it some time .

Can't see us beating these tomorrow .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:21 - Feb 12 with 7268 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Feb 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Great idea that

Maybe we should do it some time .

Can't see us beating these tomorrow .

Me neither.. they are good at everything we are not good at.

Maybe our luck will change tomorrow and we want it more !!!
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Feb 12 with 7258 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Feb 12 by bonymine

Although we would look a bit childish if they asked to put scarves out and we refused.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Feb 12 with 7254 viewsJackfath

That's the spirit chaps!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Feb 12 with 7245 viewsEdmundo

Pbotoshopped?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 12 with 7246 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Feb 12 by somersetsimon

Although we would look a bit childish if they asked to put scarves out and we refused.

Tell their fans to bring their own f*cking scarves like every other team does when playing away from home is it 🖕🖕🖕🖕

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Feb 12 with 7238 viewsJackfath

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Feb 12 by somersetsimon

We could find the most fat smelly dirty home fans and get them in early to wipe their arses with the scarves and put them back nice and neat.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Feb 12 with 7239 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

We could find the most fat smelly dirty home fans and get them in early to wipe their arses with the scarves and put them back nice and neat.

Sounds good Fathy. What time can you get there ? 😂😂😂

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Feb 12 with 7222 viewsJackfath

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Feb 12 by bonymine

Sounds good Fathy. What time can you get there ? 😂😂😂

About half hour after you and your mates have finished wiping your skiddy arses on Saints scarves.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Feb 12 with 7180 viewsVetchitBack

Normally we do better against teams that try to play football.

Swansea 4 ( just joking) Swans 2-1. Somehow. Believe.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 7164 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weeknd/Matchday Thread on 20:38 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

About half hour after you and your mates have finished wiping your skiddy arses on Saints scarves.

Touchy ooohhhh !!!!!

😂😂😂😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024