Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63046 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:54 - Apr 4 with 1581 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:28 - Apr 4 by acejack3065

If you think Labour and the Tories are the same, why do you think Carwyn Jones recalled the Sennedd today but David Cameron didn't think it was worth recalling parliament regarding the steel crisis?

I’m f#cking boiling! Just found out! So Carwyn and his Labour Red-Tory WAGS have offered a measly £60 million Pounds support package of which half is only as a loan. So they’re only offering a paltry £30 million for a situation where thousands of jobs are at risk.

But hey folks that Welsh Millennium Centre? That f#cking Cardiff Bay Opera house for the toff’s? Labour gave £37 million towards that then added an additional THIRTEEN AND A HALF MILLION to write off its debts. But they stipulate Tata will have to pay off its debt!

So there you have it I was right about Labour being Welsh Red Tories……. Cardiff Bay Opera House for toff’s = FIFTY MILLION………. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities THIRTY MILLION!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 19:55]

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:34 - Apr 4 with 1543 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:54 - Apr 4 by Wingstandwood

I’m f#cking boiling! Just found out! So Carwyn and his Labour Red-Tory WAGS have offered a measly £60 million Pounds support package of which half is only as a loan. So they’re only offering a paltry £30 million for a situation where thousands of jobs are at risk.

But hey folks that Welsh Millennium Centre? That f#cking Cardiff Bay Opera house for the toff’s? Labour gave £37 million towards that then added an additional THIRTEEN AND A HALF MILLION to write off its debts. But they stipulate Tata will have to pay off its debt!

So there you have it I was right about Labour being Welsh Red Tories……. Cardiff Bay Opera House for toff’s = FIFTY MILLION………. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities THIRTY MILLION!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 19:55]

This pretending of you "just finding out" things is quite funny actually.

You do understand none of us on here take you seriously or believe these conversations you have in your own head?

You're either Trampie, or Trampie's twin. Either way, a total buffoon.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:45 - Apr 4 with 1540 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:49 - Apr 4 by CopperJack

To get positive PR I'd imagine, a 'look we're doing something' - when they're not actually doing anything, just talking.

As Plaid have just pointed out, he didn't go to India to the meeting to encourage them to keep it open, they haven't offered financial assistance and didn't before the announcement to mitigate some of the losses, and they haven't offered to nationalise it - despite claiming that the UK government should.

They were quick enough to nationalise Cardiff Airport, but that meets the criteria of 'good for cardiff = good for wales'. Port Talbot, sadly, is in south west therefore qualifies for no such help.

Not even a remotely similar example.

The steel works cannot be nationalized by the Welsh Government. To insinuate that they are in a financial position to do so is false. The Welsh Governent block grant is not given so that devolved governments can just nationalize or denationalize huge industries at will. The Cardiff Airport deal was far smaller deal (£52m), not even close to the sums we are talking about to support thousands of jobs, pensions, investment etc).

If you think that, over the past few years, Edwina Hart or Carwyn Jones have bee quiet about he issues surrounding the steel works then you are either misinformed or being completely dishonest.

Why don't you actually speak to the union reps and ask them what they and the Welsh Governmeng ministers have been flagging up to Westminster for ages?
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:03 - Apr 4 with 1532 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:34 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

You do understand none of us on here take you seriously or believe these conversations you have in your own head?

So there you have it I was right about Labour being Welsh Red Tories……. Cardiff Bay Opera House for toff’s = FIFTY MILLION………. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities THIRTY MILLION

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:39 - Apr 4 with 1499 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:03 - Apr 4 by Wingstandwood

So there you have it I was right about Labour being Welsh Red Tories……. Cardiff Bay Opera House for toff’s = FIFTY MILLION………. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities THIRTY MILLION

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:35 - Apr 4 with 1463 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:39 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

It gets even worse! Just found out! The Welsh Millenium Centre i.e. Cardiff Bay Opera House the darling of Welsh Labour Red Tories? It's being subsidised and has received:

1. 37 million towards construction
2. 13.5 million to pay off debts
3. 4 million a year (every year) subsidy from WAG otherwise it’ll have to be shut
4. Cardiff Bay Opera House £60 million and rising. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities £30 million

So to sum up…… An exclusively ‘for-the-toff’s’ opera house in Cardiff Bay has received over TWICE the money the Cardiff Labour A.M’s i.e. ‘Labour impostors’ have put up for Welsh steel support fund. Fancy that? An unpopular opera house in Cardiff that nobody uses is seen has being vastly more important than thousands of Welsh steel workers and their affected communities. Cardiff Bay Labour Wags = Red Tories!

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:50 - Apr 4 with 1452 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:35 - Apr 4 by Wingstandwood

It gets even worse! Just found out! The Welsh Millenium Centre i.e. Cardiff Bay Opera House the darling of Welsh Labour Red Tories? It's being subsidised and has received:

3. 4 million a year (every year) subsidy from WAG otherwise it’ll have to be shut
4. Cardiff Bay Opera House £60 million and rising. Entire Welsh steel industry and affected communities £30 million

So to sum up…… An exclusively ‘for-the-toff’s’ opera house in Cardiff Bay has received over TWICE the money the Cardiff Labour A.M’s i.e. ‘Labour impostors’ have put up for Welsh steel support fund. Fancy that? An unpopular opera house in Cardiff that nobody uses is seen has being vastly more important than thousands of Welsh steel workers and their affected communities. Cardiff Bay Labour Wags = Red Tories!

Hello there Plaid Cymru/Trampie.

Trolls gonna troll.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:53 - Apr 4 with 1445 viewsnice_to_michu

I remember when Trampie (that was his username at the time) said on one thread "I'm gonna call Labour as Red Tories" all the time on this site.

He's living up to his word.

Still a pathetic troll. Just wondering what his next username will be.....
Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:55 - Apr 5 with 1385 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:53 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

I remember when Trampie (that was his username at the time) said on one thread "I'm gonna call Labour as Red Tories" all the time on this site.

He's living up to his word.

Still a pathetic troll. Just wondering what his next username will be.....

Your response would be far more effective if you actually disproved or justified such figures rather than merely mocking the poster. Also responding that you think there this is only a slight disparity in spending does not work either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:59 - Apr 5 with 1377 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:50 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

Hello there Plaid Cymru/Trampie.

Trolls gonna troll.

You may not like the way he articulates his argument, but you got to be honest, the numbers are compelling. This is why I said you have a utopian view of Labour, because you refuse to engage with the facts that Welsh Labour have become the antithesis of what the party is meant to stand for, and the line between them and the Tories has become increasingly nebulous.

You state that they can't afford to nationalise it - I fail to see why they can't nationalise it in the short term until a buyer can be found. If they have £1.5bn to pump into the richest part of Wales, surely they have a few hundred million to help the most deprived - in a true left-wing attitude? They don't, and they never do.

Clearly you're very loyal to Labour, but merely rebutting the facts doesn't do your argument any justice and becomes as nonsensical as Trampies. This is the problem, when Labour are confronted with these sorts of facts and numbers, they just resort to talking about the museum and pool. It's rather embarrassing.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:06 - Apr 5 with 1368 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:55 - Apr 5 by Private_Partz

Your response would be far more effective if you actually disproved or justified such figures rather than merely mocking the poster. Also responding that you think there this is only a slight disparity in spending does not work either.

Firstly, I'm not "mocking the poster", just making sure everyone is aware of who/what he/she actually is.

Secondly, just because I am supporting Labour this May doesn't mean I am the spokesperson for them and have to "justify" whatever figures you or others suggest.

I think I've made my position clear. I do not believe that this year's elections are as important as the one's in Westminster, and I have stated many times that I am certain of the fact that May's election outcome can and will have an impact upon the leadership of the Labour Party and the subsequent general elections.

You and CopperJack clearly disagree with my position, but that's politics.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:07 - Apr 5 with 1368 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:45 - Apr 4 by nice_to_michu

Not even a remotely similar example.

The steel works cannot be nationalized by the Welsh Government. To insinuate that they are in a financial position to do so is false. The Welsh Governent block grant is not given so that devolved governments can just nationalize or denationalize huge industries at will. The Cardiff Airport deal was far smaller deal (£52m), not even close to the sums we are talking about to support thousands of jobs, pensions, investment etc).

If you think that, over the past few years, Edwina Hart or Carwyn Jones have bee quiet about he issues surrounding the steel works then you are either misinformed or being completely dishonest.

Why don't you actually speak to the union reps and ask them what they and the Welsh Governmeng ministers have been flagging up to Westminster for ages?

The Cardiff Airport nationalisation was smaller but it currently attracts more financial support than the pathetic sum on offer for Port Talbot.
If Edwina and Carwyn had their fingers on the pulse, or were that bothered, they would have been banging on the door of Westminster for a long time. They were taken by surprise as much as the Tories were. Standing there hand wringing outside the gates of the steelworks is not sufficient.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:15 - Apr 5 with 1361 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:07 - Apr 5 by Private_Partz

The Cardiff Airport nationalisation was smaller but it currently attracts more financial support than the pathetic sum on offer for Port Talbot.
If Edwina and Carwyn had their fingers on the pulse, or were that bothered, they would have been banging on the door of Westminster for a long time. They were taken by surprise as much as the Tories were. Standing there hand wringing outside the gates of the steelworks is not sufficient.

Sorry mate, but you are completely wrong.

The Welsh Government has had its fingers on the pulse for some time. Like I said, why don't you contact the various different unions and see for yourself, they have been working hand-in-hand to try and address this issue with the UK Government for ages.

I know for Labour detractors it does seem convenient to blame Edwina Hart for "inaction", but that is entirely wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34548839
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:26 - Apr 5 with 1353 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:59 - Apr 5 by CopperJack

You may not like the way he articulates his argument, but you got to be honest, the numbers are compelling. This is why I said you have a utopian view of Labour, because you refuse to engage with the facts that Welsh Labour have become the antithesis of what the party is meant to stand for, and the line between them and the Tories has become increasingly nebulous.

You state that they can't afford to nationalise it - I fail to see why they can't nationalise it in the short term until a buyer can be found. If they have £1.5bn to pump into the richest part of Wales, surely they have a few hundred million to help the most deprived - in a true left-wing attitude? They don't, and they never do.

Clearly you're very loyal to Labour, but merely rebutting the facts doesn't do your argument any justice and becomes as nonsensical as Trampies. This is the problem, when Labour are confronted with these sorts of facts and numbers, they just resort to talking about the museum and pool. It's rather embarrassing.

Again. I, "nice_to_michu", am not Labour. I am a supporter.

When referring to £1.5bn injection into a rich part of Wales, you make it seem as though this is just a £1.5bn, one-off, grant. It isn't. This type of investment can be part of an agreement that is to be completed over a number of years, sometimes decades.

I haven't mentioned the pool or the museum.

The block grant given by Westminster (and we have discussed the methods in which this grant can be altered) is not designed to give devolved governments the ability to nationalize huge industries, taking on their pensions, infrastructure, investment, wages etc at the scale required in Port Talbot. That is a fact, indisputable. The block grant barely covers enough for the Assembly to properly fund education, social care, health, local government costs etc. In fact, it isn't sufficient as it is.

If you honestly believe that Scotland (even with a Barnett Formula that is better for them than in Wales), would have the capacity to nationalize their own version of Port Talbot, you are mistaken.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:26 - Apr 5 with 1349 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:15 - Apr 5 by nice_to_michu

Sorry mate, but you are completely wrong.

The Welsh Government has had its fingers on the pulse for some time. Like I said, why don't you contact the various different unions and see for yourself, they have been working hand-in-hand to try and address this issue with the UK Government for ages.

I know for Labour detractors it does seem convenient to blame Edwina Hart for "inaction", but that is entirely wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34548839

Cheers. Thanks for that. She attended a conference nearly 6 months ago when it would appear Port Talbot was not being mentioned and moth balling was on the cards. I stick by my taken completely by surprised comment that Tata are pulling out and we were in the same boat as Westminster.
I must say I have not heard the unions or workers praising Welsh Labour to the hilt for their undying support although, granted, the boy Kinnock has done himself no harm.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 9:30]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:42 - Apr 5 with 1334 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:06 - Apr 5 by nice_to_michu

Firstly, I'm not "mocking the poster", just making sure everyone is aware of who/what he/she actually is.

Secondly, just because I am supporting Labour this May doesn't mean I am the spokesperson for them and have to "justify" whatever figures you or others suggest.

I think I've made my position clear. I do not believe that this year's elections are as important as the one's in Westminster, and I have stated many times that I am certain of the fact that May's election outcome can and will have an impact upon the leadership of the Labour Party and the subsequent general elections.

You and CopperJack clearly disagree with my position, but that's politics.

Yes. That just about sums it up. You will support Welsh Labour and you don't think the WAG elections are as important as the national ones.
As far as I am concerned the WAG elections are very important. Whilst WAG does not have all the powers (thank God!) the last 20 years have show how it has transformed Wales into one boom city in the corner and a transport and investment wasteland elsewhere. The NE being slightly different but that infastructure was in place before devolution so little credit to WAG there.
The WAG elections are coming a long time before the Nationals so I am using my protest vote in the meantime.
As for having different political views with a poster who agrees with the general argument then so what? It makes for healthy debate. Labour and the Tories are going through that a the moment. E.g Trident and EU memebership respectively.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 9:43]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 1323 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:42 - Apr 5 by Private_Partz

Yes. That just about sums it up. You will support Welsh Labour and you don't think the WAG elections are as important as the national ones.
As far as I am concerned the WAG elections are very important. Whilst WAG does not have all the powers (thank God!) the last 20 years have show how it has transformed Wales into one boom city in the corner and a transport and investment wasteland elsewhere. The NE being slightly different but that infastructure was in place before devolution so little credit to WAG there.
The WAG elections are coming a long time before the Nationals so I am using my protest vote in the meantime.
As for having different political views with a poster who agrees with the general argument then so what? It makes for healthy debate. Labour and the Tories are going through that a the moment. E.g Trident and EU memebership respectively.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 9:43]

I agree. The WAG elections are hugely important. As PP pointed out, look what the WAG has managed to create in Cardiff...don't you want that for Swansea? Don't you want jobs/prosperity/a house which is worth more than what you paid for it etc? These are within the power of the WAG, not Westminster. Westminster didn't create modern Cardiff, the WAG did by centralising all the wealth. This isn't debatable, look at pictures of Cardiff Bay, or Cardiff City Centre in the early 90s.

As for Port Talbot, Edwina and Carywn have done nothing to save it, bar calling on Westminster to do something. It's easy to pass the buck, the SNP do it everytime something goes wrong in Scotland - simply blame England and you tap into people's existing prejudices. They may not have the capital to fund nationalsation, but as already pointed out, they've offered less assistance than they spent on building the opera house, or the millenium centre, or nationalising the airport.

It shouldn't surprise us, this is the same government which offered our city centre regeneration plans £20m....the same sum they spend annually on maintaining Cardiff Bay (and again, less than they spent on individual projects in Cardiff like the millenium centre/opera house/Senedd/St Davids/ new BBC HQ, the list is endless.

The difference is, these are all justified as 'good for Wales', and people's nationalist sentiments take over and think, 'yay Wales', and they get away with it. Whereas all the problems with Wales? Well, that's England's fault. Nothing to do with appalling mismanagement of funds and widespread neglect.

Clearly nothing will change Nice_to_Michu's mind, he's an ardent Labour supporter who seems to support these policies. Before you say you're not a spokesperson, I get it, you're not. But surely you must agree with the policies of the party you're electing. These are Welsh Labour policies, give to the rich and keep the rest of us subservient. If you have any proof to the contrary, of what they've actually done for our city, pray share with the group.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 1314 viewsCottsy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:19 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

Is there any actual, proper evidence for the whole "Welsh government spends disproportionate amounts of money on Cardiff" theory?

2 maybe 3 pages later and still no one has provided any actual evidence?

Lots of people have listed lots of projects that have happened/are happening in Cardiff but little in the way of how Welsh Government are funding them and whether the level of investment is disproportionate or not.

Is WG directly funding all activity in Cardiff and surrounding areas? Are they part funding projects in partnership with Cardiff City council/UK government/private sector? Are they offering loans? Are they offering tax breaks, land deals etc. to businesses in Cardiff that they are not offering to the rest of Wales? What is the actual level of WG spending per capita in Cardiff in comparison to the rest of Wales?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:47 - Apr 5 with 1307 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:20 - Apr 5 by Cottsy

Lots of people have listed lots of projects that have happened/are happening in Cardiff but little in the way of how Welsh Government are funding them and whether the level of investment is disproportionate or not.

Is WG directly funding all activity in Cardiff and surrounding areas? Are they part funding projects in partnership with Cardiff City council/UK government/private sector? Are they offering loans? Are they offering tax breaks, land deals etc. to businesses in Cardiff that they are not offering to the rest of Wales? What is the actual level of WG spending per capita in Cardiff in comparison to the rest of Wales?

I know it is a 14 pager but there are many examples there. The City Deal is a prime one. And the investment in road transport infastructure in the Brynglas bypass to name a couple.
To get hard and fast figures to back up the blindingly obvious is very difficult. Their latest ploy is not to declare how much they are putting into projects in the S E. strangely enough they are more than happy to provide figures when they offer crumbs elsewhere. The Hafod bypass being a prime example.
You ask for per capita spend? The Daily Post ran with these figures and it showed a massive disparity between the South and the North. We were lumped in with Cardiff so that would have watered the figures down quite a bit I would say. The disparity was recognised by SWEP in one editorial. Both these bodies I believe now have their paymasters in Cardiff so don't expect to much protest in the future for our 'national' or 'local' media. Leanne Wood recognises the problem in presenting anything anti Cardiff in our biased media.
No one is suggesting that WAG pay for the whole of the Cardiff projects. They provide grants and incentives however and little or no consideration is given to other parts of Wales. A example of this for me was the HMRC centralisation when Carwyn and the leader of Cardiff Council went cap in hand to Westminster to get the build done in Cardifff. Job losses will occur across Wales and nearly 500 will be lost in Swansea at a time when we are trying to regenerate our city centre (with minimal WAG support).
Make no mistake. The DVLA would not have been in Swansea if WAG had been around when the gig was offered up.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 10:50]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:04 - Apr 5 with 1295 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:20 - Apr 5 by Cottsy

I don't have the time at the moment to find you the news stories, but google things like 'PWC expand Cardiff operations' and 'Pinewood studios to open in Cardiff', this happens regularly and always with a 'with financial assistance from the WAG'. We've never had that. Why don't they give these financial assistance to open in Swansea?

Again, figures above illustrate that they've spent more on the millenium centre & opera house than they are contributing towards Swansea's city centre regeneration plans (£20m) - this is also the figure they use maintaining Cardiff Bay per annum.

When faced with a choice, 5 years ago, about which pier to fund the regeneration of, Penarth or Mumbles, guess which they chose? Consequently, Mumbles is still closed, Penarth is thriving.

Recent annoucements of another £1.5bn into Cardiff projects, whereas we get nothing for our city deal - confirmed in the email above by Edwina.

This isn't even touching on how much they spent on building Cardiff Bay/St Davids.

Also, google Welsh Government SA1 funding and you should see a BBC article which discusses how they sold land in SA1 with a promise to use it to turn into another marina - instead they used the funds elsewhere in Wales (funny that eh?).

It just goes on and on mate. Seriously, look into it, it's ridiculous. Then, they have the audacity to claim projects as their own, like the city centre regeneration, which is basically entirely private funding - which is a large reason why it may not actually happen. Cardiff never faces these problems. Not only that but many of our national corportation jobs, like the BBC and tax office, have been closed and moved to Cardiff, taking good paying jobs out of the city. It's been happening for 20 years, and it's only recently people seem to be noticing, thank heavens.

People really should write to their AM with the facts and ask them how they plan to address the imbalance,

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 1254 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:06 - Apr 5 by CopperJack

I agree. The WAG elections are hugely important. As PP pointed out, look what the WAG has managed to create in Cardiff...don't you want that for Swansea? Don't you want jobs/prosperity/a house which is worth more than what you paid for it etc? These are within the power of the WAG, not Westminster. Westminster didn't create modern Cardiff, the WAG did by centralising all the wealth. This isn't debatable, look at pictures of Cardiff Bay, or Cardiff City Centre in the early 90s.

As for Port Talbot, Edwina and Carywn have done nothing to save it, bar calling on Westminster to do something. It's easy to pass the buck, the SNP do it everytime something goes wrong in Scotland - simply blame England and you tap into people's existing prejudices. They may not have the capital to fund nationalsation, but as already pointed out, they've offered less assistance than they spent on building the opera house, or the millenium centre, or nationalising the airport.

It shouldn't surprise us, this is the same government which offered our city centre regeneration plans £20m....the same sum they spend annually on maintaining Cardiff Bay (and again, less than they spent on individual projects in Cardiff like the millenium centre/opera house/Senedd/St Davids/ new BBC HQ, the list is endless.

The difference is, these are all justified as 'good for Wales', and people's nationalist sentiments take over and think, 'yay Wales', and they get away with it. Whereas all the problems with Wales? Well, that's England's fault. Nothing to do with appalling mismanagement of funds and widespread neglect.

Clearly nothing will change Nice_to_Michu's mind, he's an ardent Labour supporter who seems to support these policies. Before you say you're not a spokesperson, I get it, you're not. But surely you must agree with the policies of the party you're electing. These are Welsh Labour policies, give to the rich and keep the rest of us subservient. If you have any proof to the contrary, of what they've actually done for our city, pray share with the group.

"Surely you must agree with the policies of the party you're electing?"

Do you want an independent Wales? It seems to be a fairly important part of Plaid's ideology, as evidenced in 2014 when Leanne Wood said "For too long, independence in the Welsh context has been treated as a pipe-dream, as an aspiration so distant it has been seen as unrealistic and unworkable. I want to elevate the debate".

If any of you guys wanna meet for a beer in swansea and discuss the state of welsh politics, I'm down to do that.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:41 - Apr 5 with 1235 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:35 - Apr 4 by Wingstandwood

"An exclusively ‘for-the-toff’s’ opera house in Cardiff Bay."

Congratulations! Despite stiff competition that is the most bovine utterance I've ever come across on here.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:12 - Apr 5 with 1216 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:41 - Apr 5 by Lohengrin

"An exclusively ‘for-the-toff’s’ opera house in Cardiff Bay."

Congratulations! Despite stiff competition that is the most bovine utterance I've ever come across on here.

Thanks!

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 1204 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:12 - Apr 5 by Wingstandwood

Thanks!

An accolade richly deserved, old boy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:46 - Apr 5 with 1195 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:37 - Apr 5 by Lohengrin

An accolade richly deserved, old boy.

I am but a humble steel-erector/steeplejack type and the nature of the job does not turn people into insecure self indulgent intellectual snobs! That's why I take all kind compliments in a very appreciative way and bear no grudges against unkind ones either!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024