Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63246 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:35 - May 6 with 1427 viewsLord_Bony

Ukip have done well.

7 seats on the WAG.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:04 - May 6 with 1393 viewsCountyJim

So not to bad a night in Wales for Labour
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:36 - May 6 with 1369 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:35 - May 6 by Lord_Bony

Ukip have done well.

7 seats on the WAG.

They were predicted more than that, nine at one stage.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:38 - May 6 with 1368 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 06:56 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Swansea returns the same AM's who have sat there doing nothing whilst the city (and the rest of Wales) is ignored in favour of the South East.

So lets have no more bitching about it Swansea. You had your chance.

This, in a nutshell. I know so many people who complain the city doesn't get investment, doesn't get good jobs, that the city centre is a slum, that the plans for regeneration will fail and that Cardiff get all the investment, yet still vote these career politicians in who do nothing to fight our corner. You get the government you deserve and judging on last night's results, Swansea deserves everything mentioned above. We really are the graveyard of ambition.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:56 - May 6 with 1355 viewsEdmundo

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 06:56 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Swansea returns the same AM's who have sat there doing nothing whilst the city (and the rest of Wales) is ignored in favour of the South East.

So lets have no more bitching about it Swansea. You had your chance.

👍

You get what you deserve........pretty much what the 40% who could be arsed to vote shows. And of those 40%, only a third voted for Labour.....that says it all!

The regional proportional vote formula is heavily swayed towards a labour success. This needs to change to truly reflect the voters wishes.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:06 - May 6 with 1343 viewsCountyJim

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:56 - May 6 by Edmundo

👍

You get what you deserve........pretty much what the 40% who could be arsed to vote shows. And of those 40%, only a third voted for Labour.....that says it all!

The regional proportional vote formula is heavily swayed towards a labour success. This needs to change to truly reflect the voters wishes.

how do you make that out The bnp sorry ukip won 6 seats without winning a constituency!!
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:10 - May 6 with 1339 viewsCopperJack

I wonder how many of these people will complain when the city centre regeneration plans fall on their arse because of a lack of funding, and how quickly that £6m will disappear now they have the vote. No wonder they don't try and win our vote, we're the safest seats in the country.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:15 - May 6 with 1331 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:56 - May 6 by Edmundo

👍

Please share with us your wisdom. What does this tell you?

Turnout was higher than the last Welsh Government elections. If the turnout was even higher, it would favour Labour. Left-wing parties do better in a high turnout, that's a common phenomenon world wide.

In Gower, a seat that was predicted to be close, saw Labour hold a 1,000 majority, and Plaid did worse than last time in what was supposed to be a good year for them.
[Post edited 6 May 2016 10:49]
Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:31 - May 6 with 1323 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just three words.

Neil f*****g Hamilton!

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:45 - May 6 with 1309 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:15 - May 6 by nice_to_michu

Please share with us your wisdom. What does this tell you?

Turnout was higher than the last Welsh Government elections. If the turnout was even higher, it would favour Labour. Left-wing parties do better in a high turnout, that's a common phenomenon world wide.

In Gower, a seat that was predicted to be close, saw Labour hold a 1,000 majority, and Plaid did worse than last time in what was supposed to be a good year for them.
[Post edited 6 May 2016 10:49]

Out of curiosity, when, in 5 years, our regeneration plans have fallen apart because of Labour apathy and refusal to back it while they find money down the back of the sofa to build another white-elephant project, will you still be proud to be their biggest advocate? I assume so, because it seems like you buy the whole 'it's good for Cardiff and good for Wales' rhetoric, but I struggle to fathom voting for a party which has neglected us for 20 years.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:49 - May 6 with 1304 viewsHighjack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:04 - May 6 by CountyJim

So not to bad a night in Wales for Labour

Has it ever been a bad night for labour in Wales? They don't even need to try anymore which is pretty much the problem.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:55 - May 6 with 1293 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:45 - May 6 by CopperJack

Out of curiosity, when, in 5 years, our regeneration plans have fallen apart because of Labour apathy and refusal to back it while they find money down the back of the sofa to build another white-elephant project, will you still be proud to be their biggest advocate? I assume so, because it seems like you buy the whole 'it's good for Cardiff and good for Wales' rhetoric, but I struggle to fathom voting for a party which has neglected us for 20 years.

That rather worrying situation down this part of the world i.e. the steelworks? They MUST all remain open now otherwise this part of the world could become well and truly f#cked!

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:21 - May 6 with 1231 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:31 - May 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Just three words.

Neil f*****g Hamilton!

I had absolutely no idea he was Welsh until I saw him on with Huw Edwards last night!

Not only Welsh but went to Aber as well for university.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:34 - May 6 with 1223 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:21 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

I had absolutely no idea he was Welsh until I saw him on with Huw Edwards last night!

Not only Welsh but went to Aber as well for university.

It's not his Welshness that I have an issue with.

It's the fact that he's an utter p***k.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:39 - May 6 with 1215 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:34 - May 6 by Joe_bradshaw

It's not his Welshness that I have an issue with.

It's the fact that he's an utter p***k.

Oh, I'm not remotely disagreeing with you, it was just an aside.

I think he's marginally less awful than his wife but that's not difficult really.

I don't understand what UKIP stand for in the context of the Welsh government so I have no idea what people are thinking of in voting for them. I mean, I don't understand people voting for them anyway but they have policies at least at a UK level however dreadful.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:44 - May 6 with 1206 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:39 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

I think he's marginally less awful than his wife but that's not difficult really.

I don't understand what UKIP stand for in the context of the Welsh government so I have no idea what people are thinking of in voting for them. I mean, I don't understand people voting for them anyway but they have policies at least at a UK level however dreadful.

They think it's an anti immigration vote , probably never looked at a manifesto .

Well done to Plaid & Labour

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:45 - May 6 with 1204 viewsdickythorpe

Is this just a flash in the pan moment for UKIP in Wales? What's happened to the BNP? I seem to remember them making gains mid 00's early 2010's?
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:45 - May 6 with 1203 viewswestside

about 31k people in Swansea voted labour from a population of 230k.

12k gower, 10k Swansea east, 9k Swansea west

so hardly a huge support for labour
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:49 - May 6 with 1197 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:45 - May 6 by westside

It's bigger than the other party's

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:51 - May 6 with 1193 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:45 - May 6 by westside

Under 18s can't vote.....
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:53 - May 6 with 1192 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:39 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

I agree.

Nothing they stand for nationally is devolved to the Welsh Government so why?

They're obviously attracted to the PR element of Welsh elections and can get representation even if Welsh politics has little or nothing to do with their reason for existence.

Among other things Hamilton should be charged with possession.

Possession of an offensive wife.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:15 - May 6 with 1176 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:45 - May 6 by CopperJack

Yeh, we all should've voted for Plaid, I particularly like the part of their manifesto which saw big infrastructure projects being given to areas outside of the southeast.

I forget what the projects were called, and what they entailed, but I remember you saying time after time they will deliver prosperity to the rest of Wales.

Come to think of it, maybe that wasn't in their manifesto at all. I do remember "efficiency savings" in the NHS however.....
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:44 - May 6 with 1162 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:15 - May 6 by nice_to_michu

Yeh, we all should've voted for Plaid, I particularly like the part of their manifesto which saw big infrastructure projects being given to areas outside of the southeast.

I forget what the projects were called, and what they entailed, but I remember you saying time after time they will deliver prosperity to the rest of Wales.

Come to think of it, maybe that wasn't in their manifesto at all. I do remember "efficiency savings" in the NHS however.....

Well, I guarantee you over the next 5 years, a range of new projects and infrastructure projects will begin in Cardiff (as they have since 1997) and Swansea's regeneration plans will fall apart, as will our city deal - something I'm sure you'll agree with Welsh Labour as 'good for Wales'.

Any other party we didn't know what to expect - even if it was a protest vote to make them work for our vote next time. Now, they won't even bother, they'll continue treating us with contempt, knowing that they'll be voted in regardless. It's a job for life. T

he worst is, the people voting for Labour knew what they were voting for, another 5 years of falling house prices, low wages, lagging economy and no infrastructure while the capital city reverses those trends and keeps working its way up the wealthiest cities in the UK table. Maybe in 5 years time it'll be the 5th wealthiest, something I'm sure you'll welcome. After all, good for Wales, isn't it?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:52 - May 6 with 1116 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:44 - May 6 by CopperJack

Well, I guarantee you over the next 5 years, a range of new projects and infrastructure projects will begin in Cardiff (as they have since 1997) and Swansea's regeneration plans will fall apart, as will our city deal - something I'm sure you'll agree with Welsh Labour as 'good for Wales'.

Any other party we didn't know what to expect - even if it was a protest vote to make them work for our vote next time. Now, they won't even bother, they'll continue treating us with contempt, knowing that they'll be voted in regardless. It's a job for life. T

he worst is, the people voting for Labour knew what they were voting for, another 5 years of falling house prices, low wages, lagging economy and no infrastructure while the capital city reverses those trends and keeps working its way up the wealthiest cities in the UK table. Maybe in 5 years time it'll be the 5th wealthiest, something I'm sure you'll welcome. After all, good for Wales, isn't it?

I very much doubt that.

Anyways, on to happier things. Just wanted to say good afternoon to Trampie/Wingstandwood (whichever account he is signing into today). Not many of your predictions came true last night, Trampie. Did the sheep/donkey Labour voters let you down again? Given that far more young people are joining Labour than Plaid or the Greens, have these donkeys produced younger donkeys (foals) who vote like they parents do?

Looks like Welsh independence isn't going to happen for a few more years ;)
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:28 - May 6 with 1087 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:52 - May 6 by nice_to_michu

I very much doubt that.

Anyways, on to happier things. Just wanted to say good afternoon to Trampie/Wingstandwood (whichever account he is signing into today). Not many of your predictions came true last night, Trampie. Did the sheep/donkey Labour voters let you down again? Given that far more young people are joining Labour than Plaid or the Greens, have these donkeys produced younger donkeys (foals) who vote like they parents do?

Looks like Welsh independence isn't going to happen for a few more years ;)

Not many fans of democracy here this morning. Still, Leanne had a great result and good luck to her. It might disperse some of the vultures that were circulating.

It will be good to see the back of RT Davies and all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024