Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky 15:08 - Mar 10 with 7050 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Landlord-pay-71k-showing-Sky-Sports-Swan

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:14 - Mar 10 with 5311 viewsJack_Kass

Should have got a fire stick

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 5252 viewsstevethejack

Nearest pub to me - they had Spanish TV package on in there last time I was there.
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:34 - Mar 10 with 5226 viewsairedale

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:29 - Mar 10 by stevethejack

Nearest pub to me - they had Spanish TV package on in there last time I was there.

Makes you wonder if other venues will be scared to show it now?
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:37 - Mar 10 with 5214 viewsHugeEnkins

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:14 - Mar 10 by Jack_Kass

Should have got a fire stick

He could have bought all his punters season tickets for that!
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 15:48 - Mar 10 with 5157 viewsscottishjack

Using a domestic sky card in a pub (From Ireland or the UK) is something they are particularly hot on prosecuting...

£71,000?!? Nuts!
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:07 - Mar 10 with 5075 viewsjackal

Boll*cks!

I always go there to watch the away games.
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:13 - Mar 10 with 5043 viewsChief

What sad twaaatt grassed them up I wonder. Must be very few places left with the balls to show games now

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:38 - Mar 10 with 4960 viewsscottishjack

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:13 - Mar 10 by Chief

What sad twaaatt grassed them up I wonder. Must be very few places left with the balls to show games now

Bleak innit... When I was running my own pub we had the one warning letter off the premier league copyright people and that was it, we stopped using our foreign box. It wasn't a nice feeling to think that someone had been in touch with them.
Login to get fewer ads

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:57 - Mar 10 with 4880 viewsStarsky

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 16:38 - Mar 10 by scottishjack

Bleak innit... When I was running my own pub we had the one warning letter off the premier league copyright people and that was it, we stopped using our foreign box. It wasn't a nice feeling to think that someone had been in touch with them.

Probably a rival pub

It's just the internet, init.

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:20 - Mar 10 with 4561 viewsraynor94

What did he expect using a domestic card

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:29 - Mar 10 with 4517 viewsSwansNZ

How much is a commercial Sky subscription for a pub? (of course, this would not allow them to show most Swans games)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:34 - Mar 10 with 4487 viewsraynor94

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:29 - Mar 10 by SwansNZ

How much is a commercial Sky subscription for a pub? (of course, this would not allow them to show most Swans games)

He must have been thick, if he was showing Swans away games and not paying the commercial rate to Sky, a disaster waiting to happen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:37 - Mar 10 with 4475 viewstomdickharry

If Sky could negotiate a pay for view scheme they would make millions,our game on Saturday pay for view £10 would be very well subscribed.
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:39 - Mar 10 with 4460 viewsJackfath

The article also states he had multiple warnings.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:41 - Mar 10 with 4440 viewsDr_Winston

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:29 - Mar 10 by SwansNZ

Used to depend upon the rateable value of the premises.

My mother's place pays about £500/600 pm I think.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:45 - Mar 10 with 4410 viewscimlajack

That's one almighty fine,probably need to turnover £250.000 to produce a nett profit of £71,000.
How did they arrive at £71,000 as a fine,i can't imagine they just plucked a figure out of thin air,there must be some sort of method applied.
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:49 - Mar 10 with 4381 viewsSwansNZ

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:41 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

Used to depend upon the rateable value of the premises.

My mother's place pays about £500/600 pm I think.

Not cheap, but if you’ve been warned (a few times), it’s not worth the risk — either pay up or stop. Simple really

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:01 - Mar 10 with 4333 viewsDr_Winston

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:49 - Mar 10 by SwansNZ

Not cheap, but if you’ve been warned (a few times), it’s not worth the risk — either pay up or stop. Simple really

I can understand why places take the risk. If they haven't got the games on then somewhere nearby will, and you can kiss goodbye to regular trade.

The Dilwyn in Brynhyfryd couldn't afford to keep it going. The regulars upped sticks to the Globe and now the Dilwyn is closed. It's a tough choice for anyone.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:24 - Mar 10 with 4179 viewsKilkennyjack

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:37 - Mar 10 by tomdickharry

If Sky could negotiate a pay for view scheme they would make millions,our game on Saturday pay for view £10 would be very well subscribed.

I have always thought this

Beware of the Risen People

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:35 - Mar 10 with 4121 viewsCooperman

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 18:39 - Mar 10 by Jackfath

The article also states he had multiple warnings.

Which of course is the full story.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:46 - Mar 10 with 4058 viewswhiterock

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:24 - Mar 10 by Kilkennyjack

I have always thought this

The PL wouldn't allow, just playing devils advocate but there's say 1400 off to Bournemoth on Saturday, if it was a tenner pay per view there'd be less so it's not in the PL's interest.
Same as beam back
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:46 - Mar 10 with 4051 viewsNeathJack

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:46 - Mar 10 by whiterock

The PL wouldn't allow, just playing devils advocate but there's say 1400 off to Bournemoth on Saturday, if it was a tenner pay per view there'd be less so it's not in the PL's interest.
Same as beam back

It should be available in the event of a sell out.
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:51 - Mar 10 with 4027 viewsSwansNZ

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:46 - Mar 10 by whiterock

Same as beam back

When the games are live on Sky, many thousands of fans still travel up and down the country.

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 21:17 - Mar 10 with 3770 viewswhiterock

The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 19:51 - Mar 10 by SwansNZ

When the games are live on Sky, many thousands of fans still travel up and down the country.

Sure but if game was pay per view some would take a view of staying home, I know there's streaming but I tried to watch Spurs tonight, I gave up
The Plough & Harrow fined £71k for illegal Sky on 23:26 - Mar 10 with 3401 viewsjacaranda

Your team is hardly ever on sky, but you want to watch every week.
Every game should be on a red button choice so every fan can watch a game he's into.
It amazes me how easy it is to watch our football for nothing in other places around the world.
Are our dodgy boxes going to be taken down next year? Lot of money to be allowing people to watch for free
As for the fine, the ryddings got done for £65large so £71 seems the next amount up they thought get away with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024