Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job interview 06:46 - Mar 20 with 7759 viewsjack247

Guidollin was brought in with one mandate and that was to keep us up. Whether you think our upturn in results is mainly down to him or Curtis, the objective has been more or less achieved.

Up until now, I have been an advocate of playing drab, insipid football and grinding out results. Staying up was more important to me than how we did. Now we can start to count our chickens, I'd like to see a bit more from him. Whether it's playing the likes of Kingsley more to give him first team experience, trying the likes of Montero and Amat to see if they are able to play their way into contention for next season or playing with a bit more verve and attacking purpose.

I honestly think that if he wants to be here next season he needs to step up the performance levels, the pressure is off now and he has bought himself a few games to show what he can do. Let's see what he has got.

This is not me having a dig at FG in any way, I think he has been smart so far in setting us up to nick points and keep us in the league. I haven't been at all bothered by the quality of football until now.
Job interview on 07:28 - Mar 20 with 3485 viewsdgt73

I think some fans are starting to rewrite history. Football hasn't been great all season- regardless who's been in charge.
Mabye we should have done what Newcastle did in January and spent £28 million lol.
FG is doing a good job.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Job interview on 07:51 - Mar 20 with 3457 viewsTheKirkyLife

Curtis saved us. In my eyes Guidolin has only taken us backwards again. Lovely guy and I hope that he has show us a bit more too but with the likes of De Boer, Rodgers or even Martinez on the market I'm not sure I'd be choosing Franky over them.
Job interview on 07:52 - Mar 20 with 3449 viewsjack247

Job interview on 07:28 - Mar 20 by dgt73

I think some fans are starting to rewrite history. Football hasn't been great all season- regardless who's been in charge.
Mabye we should have done what Newcastle did in January and spent £28 million lol.
FG is doing a good job.

Well that was random.

I didn't say the football had been good at any point this season, we should be spending big money or that he was doing a bad job.

Did you reply to the wrong post?
Job interview on 07:52 - Mar 20 with 3436 viewsLoyal

Job interview on 07:28 - Mar 20 by dgt73

FG is doing a good job.

I'm not sure what job he is doing that couldn't be done by any number of other inpatients at any given hospital in the country when handed a pen and a piece of paper with a load of names on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Job interview on 07:54 - Mar 20 with 3440 viewsDr_Winston

I'm waiting for the first person to claim that winning at Everton was down to Curtis and not Guidolin. Can't be far away.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Job interview on 07:57 - Mar 20 with 3421 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 07:52 - Mar 20 by jack247

Well that was random.

I didn't say the football had been good at any point this season, we should be spending big money or that he was doing a bad job.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

Well what did/ do you want

Job interview on 07:58 - Mar 20 with 3411 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 07:52 - Mar 20 by Loyal

I'm not sure what job he is doing that couldn't be done by any number of other inpatients at any given hospital in the country when handed a pen and a piece of paper with a load of names on.

Fcuk another one. What did you want then

Job interview on 08:00 - Mar 20 with 3404 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 07:54 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm waiting for the first person to claim that winning at Everton was down to Curtis and not Guidolin. Can't be far away.

Didn't Curtis admit he needed help ?

Login to get fewer ads

Job interview on 08:01 - Mar 20 with 3408 viewsjack247

Job interview on 07:57 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Well what did/ do you want

Us to play with more verve now we are more or less safe and to experiment with different players. I also said I was in favour of playing this way up until we secured safety. Easy enough to find in the original post rather than picking up on three random points that no-one made.
Job interview on 08:06 - Mar 20 with 3376 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 08:01 - Mar 20 by jack247

Us to play with more verve now we are more or less safe and to experiment with different players. I also said I was in favour of playing this way up until we secured safety. Easy enough to find in the original post rather than picking up on three random points that no-one made.

Playing the likes of Stoke (away) Newcastle (away) Leicester (away) Liverpool,Chelsea, man city is not the time to experiment- in fact it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time.
And more or less safe is not safe.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 8:09]

Job interview on 08:15 - Mar 20 with 3343 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Job interview on 08:06 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Playing the likes of Stoke (away) Newcastle (away) Leicester (away) Liverpool,Chelsea, man city is not the time to experiment- in fact it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time.

We experimented at away at Arsenal. And won. What is it that you want?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Job interview on 08:15 - Mar 20 with 3353 viewsjack247

Job interview on 08:06 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Fine, happy to disagree. At least you have read and understood what you are disagreeing with this time.

I think it is absolutely the time to experiment. We need 2, maybe 3 points to pretty much guarantee safety. Or would you carry our current playing style into next season?
Job interview on 08:26 - Mar 20 with 3310 viewsJackanapes

Guidolins games "In Charge".
Everton - Pretty Good
WBA - Pretty Good, so close.
Palace - Played well, should have won
Soton - Awful
Tottenham - V good for an hour
Villa - Awful first half much better second half. Lovely result.

8 points. 1.5 points per game.

Curtis games in charge
Man City - Great performance. Should have got a point.
West Ham - huffed and puffed
West brom - Ugly win
Palace - Huffed and puffed
Man Utd - Good performance, Deserved a point.
Sunderland - Robbed, awful awful defending.
Watford - Ugly win.
Arsenal - Fantastic
Norwich - Not so much
Bourenmouth - Garbage

14 points. 1.4 points per game

Yup Curt saved us alright. Errrrrr.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Job interview on 08:27 - Mar 20 with 3295 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 08:15 - Mar 20 by jack247

Fine, happy to disagree. At least you have read and understood what you are disagreeing with this time.

I think it is absolutely the time to experiment. We need 2, maybe 3 points to pretty much guarantee safety. Or would you carry our current playing style into next season?

Next season is next season - all I'm concerned about this season is staying up and if that means grinding out results so be it. I'd doubt there's a single Swans fan that is totally happy with the style throughout the season and things will no doubt change for next season.

Job interview on 08:28 - Mar 20 with 3284 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 08:15 - Mar 20 by Brynmill_Jack

We experimented at away at Arsenal. And won. What is it that you want?

I wouldn't call that experimenting- but if you do that's fine.

Job interview on 08:30 - Mar 20 with 3267 viewsLoyal

Job interview on 07:58 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Fcuk another one. What did you want then

A sense of humour ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Job interview on 08:31 - Mar 20 with 3260 viewsblaine_scfc

Job interview on 08:15 - Mar 20 by jack247

I don't think it's even the case of experimenting, it's going back to what got us success in the first place, pace on the wings, Gylfi in behind the striker, Britton getting us playing in front of the back four, always giving Ash and Fede an option instead of being forced into hoofing it to nobody.

We undoubtedly need a big investment into this squad next season, but let's get our "identity" back, as Rodgers would say.
Job interview on 08:32 - Mar 20 with 3258 viewsjack247

Job interview on 08:27 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Next season is next season - all I'm concerned about this season is staying up and if that means grinding out results so be it. I'd doubt there's a single Swans fan that is totally happy with the style throughout the season and things will no doubt change for next season.

So what are you arguing about then? You agree with me.

The only difference is you think its feasible we won't pick up another two or three points for the rest of the season.
Job interview on 08:33 - Mar 20 with 3254 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin has already said numerous time this season that he may take a different approach once we are safe.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Job interview on 08:35 - Mar 20 with 3239 viewsDr_Winston

Job interview on 08:31 - Mar 20 by blaine_scfc

I don't think it's even the case of experimenting, it's going back to what got us success in the first place, pace on the wings, Gylfi in behind the striker, Britton getting us playing in front of the back four, always giving Ash and Fede an option instead of being forced into hoofing it to nobody.

We undoubtedly need a big investment into this squad next season, but let's get our "identity" back, as Rodgers would say.

Ash and Fede always have options. Ash is capable of bringing it out himself. Fede isn't.

Upping the ball skill level in the back four will go a long way towards improving our ability as a unit to move the ball forward faster and more accurately.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Job interview on 08:36 - Mar 20 with 3224 viewsJackanapes

Job interview on 08:35 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

Ash and Fede always have options. Ash is capable of bringing it out himself. Fede isn't.

Upping the ball skill level in the back four will go a long way towards improving our ability as a unit to move the ball forward faster and more accurately.

Or playing Amat. Seriousy the team he picked by accident(ARSE) had our best defence(IMO) in it.

Job interview on 08:38 - Mar 20 with 3204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Job interview on 08:36 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

Or playing Amat. Seriousy the team he picked by accident(ARSE) had our best defence(IMO) in it.

Agreed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Job interview on 08:38 - Mar 20 with 3207 viewsjack247

Job interview on 08:33 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

Guidolin has already said numerous time this season that he may take a different approach once we are safe.

As he should. He has done absolutely the right thing by getting us to safety any way he could. Now is the time to show what he can do with a bit less pressure.
Job interview on 08:40 - Mar 20 with 3195 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 08:32 - Mar 20 by jack247

So what are you arguing about then? You agree with me.

The only difference is you think its feasible we won't pick up another two or three points for the rest of the season.

I'm saying that for this season we keep grinding out results in a unfashionable way and no experiments.

Job interview on 08:45 - Mar 20 with 3175 viewsjack247

Job interview on 08:40 - Mar 20 by dgt73

I'm saying that for this season we keep grinding out results in a unfashionable way and no experiments.

He won't be here next season if we do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024