Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just out of interest...... 12:19 - Mar 21 with 2028 viewskarnataka

In case I've missed it, has anyone actually come up with a plausible reason for the WTF substitution of Naughton on for Barrow yet?
Just out of interest...... on 12:20 - Mar 21 with 2007 viewsvetchonian

to save Mike Dean the need to make decsions on yellow and red card when Mo got fouled

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Just out of interest...... on 12:23 - Mar 21 with 1999 viewsairedale

My memories of Italian football going back to the 1960/70s was, that if you were watching Italy v Someone or Top Italian Team v Someone, if the Italian side scored first it was game over and you might as well go home.

Maybe our manager is like that?
Just out of interest...... on 12:24 - Mar 21 with 1986 viewslondonlisa2001

Because Ayew was killing Rangel and Barrow wasn't able to support.

A better substitution would have been Naughton for Gomis and put Barrow up front to allow a ball out from defence over the top of them.
Just out of interest...... on 12:29 - Mar 21 with 1950 viewsjasper_T

Wanted to see if Naughton could play as a winger for next season's 3-5-2 setup.
Just out of interest...... on 13:41 - Mar 21 with 1851 viewsswan65split

Could it be they knew Kingsley was struggling, and were just preparing the change......Routledge did come on didn't he?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2016 13:42]
Just out of interest...... on 17:18 - Mar 21 with 1667 viewskarnataka

Just out of interest...... on 13:41 - Mar 21 by swan65split

Could it be they knew Kingsley was struggling, and were just preparing the change......Routledge did come on didn't he?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2016 13:42]

I was speechless at the time but after some thought after the game, this was the only rational explanation I could come up with. They basically wanted to put Naughton on for Kingsley and Routledge on for Barrow which would have made sense but they did it by putting Naughton on for Barrow then Routs on for Kingsley. If there had only been a couple of minutes between those substitutions it would have been ok but the trouble was, it took a whole 8 minutes between the 2 substitutions to get some sort of sensible team shape back and in the meantime we had a pretty bizarre lineup trying to cope with a Villa team desperate to get a goal when we should have been trying to manage the game out for the last 10 minutes. I'm glad it didn't backfire.
Just out of interest...... on 17:37 - Mar 21 with 1605 viewsPozuelosSideys

I think it was the reason as above, they knew Kingsley was coming off and so they put Naughton on ahead of time so he is up to pace. They then move him over when they bring Routledge on. Im sure this has happened in at least one other game thi season ,which one it was escapes me. West Brom maybe? Dunno

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Just out of interest...... on 18:43 - Mar 21 with 1520 viewsSwansNZ

Just out of interest...... on 17:37 - Mar 21 by PozuelosSideys

I think it was the reason as above, they knew Kingsley was coming off and so they put Naughton on ahead of time so he is up to pace. They then move him over when they bring Routledge on. Im sure this has happened in at least one other game thi season ,which one it was escapes me. West Brom maybe? Dunno

If that was the reason, it would be even stranger. Why leave on an injured player for an extra 7-8 minutes?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Just out of interest...... on 18:50 - Mar 21 with 1485 viewsswan65split

Just out of interest...... on 18:43 - Mar 21 by SwansNZ

If that was the reason, it would be even stranger. Why leave on an injured player for an extra 7-8 minutes?

He may have said he was ok, and being his home debut dnt want to come off, then reached the point where it was "I am effed"
Just out of interest...... on 20:49 - Mar 21 with 1334 viewskarnataka

Just out of interest...... on 18:50 - Mar 21 by swan65split

He may have said he was ok, and being his home debut dnt want to come off, then reached the point where it was "I am effed"

Surely you don't put your substitute fullback on if you're then going to wait until the one you're replacing say's he has come off? That's mad. And you don't put your substitute fullback on 8 minutes before hooking the other one. That's also mad. For 8 minutes - that's 9% of the entire match - we were playing with 2 fullbacks on the right while our left fullback was quite clearly struggling with an injury or at the very least, cramp. Plain bonkers.
Just out of interest...... on 22:17 - Mar 21 with 1222 viewsLeonisGod

Just out of interest...... on 17:37 - Mar 21 by PozuelosSideys

Lol. I'm 99.9% sure it would be because we were getting hammered down our right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024