Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The (not so) Magnificent Seven 13:48 - Mar 29 with 3385 viewsRuDeMan1970

Apologies if this has already been done! I've just done a bit of checking back on our PL results versus our last 7 opposition teams in the corresponding fixtures and came up with this:-
STOKE (a) P4 W0 D1 L3 Average 0.25 pts
CHELSEA (h) P4 W0 D2 L2 Average 0.5 pts
NEWCASTLE (a) P4 W3 D1 L0 Average 2.5 pts
LEICESTER (a) P1 W0 D0 L1 Average 0 pts
LIVERPOOL (h) P4 W1 D2 L1 Average 1.25 pts
WEST HAM (a) P3 W0 D0 L3 Average 0 pts
MAN CITY (h) P4 W1 D1 L2 Average 1 pt

So in a nutshell, we've taken an average total of 5.5 pts from these fixtures. Knock of the 0.5 as a worst case scenario and we maybe looking at a finishing points total this season of 41. I'm naturally a pessimist when it comes to the Swans but cannot see us losing all 7 of our remaining fixtures and would be more than happy to keep this average going, keeping us up in this most traumatic of seasons.
Please tell me I'm right!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:03 - Mar 29 with 3340 viewsCooperman

We will not lose all 7.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:09 - Mar 29 with 3323 viewsProfessor

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:03 - Mar 29 by Cooperman

We will not lose all 7.

I agree

You could swear we were playing Bayern, PSG and Barca not an off-form City, inconsistent Liverpool, Stoke and West Ham(who are both playing well), jittery Leicester, rudderless Chelsea and Newcastle.

My feeling is 1 or 2 wins and 1 or two draws so between 5-7 more points.
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:13 - Mar 29 with 3312 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stoke, never beaten them, drawn 1 in 4, not much chance of even a point. 0
Chelsea, never beaten them, drawn 2 in 4 possibly a point. 1
Newcastle, won 3 drawn 1, our best chance of 3 points. 3
Leicester, lost 1 in 1, not much chance of anythng. 0
Liverpool, won 1 drawn 2 in 4. good chance of 1 to 3 points. 1
West Ham, lost 3 in 3, not much chance of points. 0
Man City, won 1 drawn 1 in 4, a chance of a point. 1
So you could be right, but in this really variable season how could you possibly guess what is going to happen.
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:17 - Mar 29 with 3298 viewsjack247

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:13 - Mar 29 by A_Fans_Dad

So you could be right, but in this really variable season how could you possibly guess what is going to happen.

On a game by game basis you can't really. It's a safe bet we won't lose all seven though.
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:22 - Mar 29 with 3280 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:17 - Mar 29 by jack247

On a game by game basis you can't really. It's a safe bet we won't lose all seven though.

We'll beat leicester

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:27 - Mar 29 with 3265 viewsjasper_T

We'll win at least one, probably two.
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:32 - Mar 29 with 3255 viewsmonmouth

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:22 - Mar 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

We'll beat leicester

I think that too, or draw with them scoring late.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:41 - Mar 29 with 3225 viewsacejack3065

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:13 - Mar 29 by A_Fans_Dad

My spidey senses tell me the games we will get points from are Newcastle, Liverpool and Leicester.

Still we are due some decent points against Wet Spam and Stoke. We can't be their Fulham.
Login to get fewer ads

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 3154 viewshammy

I get a feeling that we'll get at least a point at Stoke, since they're now playing a more passing game. This will probably put us in a position as close to safety as possible and we can then look to relax more, play some football and not be so edgy in defence for the remaining 6 games.

We'll finish comfortably with 40+ points.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 17:56 - Mar 29 with 2953 viewsClinton

with 17 points from the last 10 games we are in reasonable 'form'. 5 points from the remaining 7 games seems quite realistic.
The only team to lose 7 on the bounce at any point this season is Villa. We are not that bad.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 19:04 - Mar 29 with 2860 viewsJethroJack

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 17:56 - Mar 29 by Clinton

with 17 points from the last 10 games we are in reasonable 'form'. 5 points from the remaining 7 games seems quite realistic.
The only team to lose 7 on the bounce at any point this season is Villa. We are not that bad.

We did in fact try really hard to be as bad as Villa when we played them....and managed it comfortably. That said, the tension was palpible and surely we can't be as bad for the remaining 7 games. Having averaged 1.7pts in the last 10 games, even 1pt per game will see us home & dry! Looking forward to Stoke (my first visit there) and the fact that Buckland's out won't do us any harm. Fancy us to take at least a point, which should make us even more relaxed for the remaining 6 games 😁
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:13 - Mar 29 with 2756 viewsexiledclaseboy

We'll beat one of either Liverpool or Chelsea. But before that we'll lose abjectly at both Stoke and possibly at Newcastle, thus returning this forum to its usual state of whiny paranoia.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 20:13]

Poll: Tory leader

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:15 - Mar 29 with 2751 viewsmonmouth

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:13 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

We'll beat one of either Liverpool or Chelsea. But before that we'll lose abjectly at both Stoke and possibly at Newcastle, thus returning this forum to its usual state of whiny paranoia.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 20:13]

All set for the dramatic return of the SCOUSE then?

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:26 - Mar 29 with 2726 viewsexiledclaseboy

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:15 - Mar 29 by monmouth

All set for the dramatic return of the SCOUSE then?

He probably won't be able to resist telling everyone that what they post is a bare faced lie because it doesn't concur with his opinion.

But he may be too busy suing Prosser and this website for libel.

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:39 - Mar 29 with 2696 viewsmonmouth

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:26 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

He probably won't be able to resist telling everyone that what they post is a bare faced lie because it doesn't concur with his opinion.

But he may be too busy suing Prosser and this website for libel.

I must have missed all the drama. Boo.

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:43 - Mar 29 with 2684 viewsexiledclaseboy

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:39 - Mar 29 by monmouth

I must have missed all the drama. Boo.

There were some fairly serious allegations about financial impropriety between former friends. The words "ripped me off" and "out of pocket" were thrown around without so much of a by your leave. There was talk of solicitors and both criminal and civil proceedings. It was upsetting, Mon. Ugly.

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 2663 viewsmonmouth

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 20:43 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

There were some fairly serious allegations about financial impropriety between former friends. The words "ripped me off" and "out of pocket" were thrown around without so much of a by your leave. There was talk of solicitors and both criminal and civil proceedings. It was upsetting, Mon. Ugly.

Always disturbing when people fall out for us sensitive types. If he turns up in Neath as a hotel night manager, don't trust him Daz.

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 00:07 - Mar 30 with 2530 viewsKilkennyjack

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 14:22 - Mar 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

We'll beat leicester

Yep agreed.

Beware of the Risen People

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 01:08 - Mar 30 with 2488 viewsJJJack

The game I'd be most confident about, strangely, is Man City . They are garbage away from home and we'll rattle them down here to give Guidolin a good send off.
Having said that I hope we get a result Saturday as my son has somehow persuaded me to get us tickets at the hole that is the Brittania....
The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 17:42 - May 2 with 2166 viewsRuDeMan1970

Apologies if this has already been done! I've just done a bit of checking back on our PL results versus our last 7 opposition teams in the corresponding fixtures and came up with this:-

So in a nutshell, we've taken an average total of 5.5 pts from these fixtures. Knock of the 0.5 as a worst case scenario and we maybe looking at a finishing points total this season of 41. I'm naturally a pessimist when it comes to the Swans but cannot see us losing all 7 of our remaining fixtures and would be more than happy to keep this average going, keeping us up in this most traumatic of seasons.

WELL DONE ALL AT THE CLUB, PROVING MY FEARS TO BE UNFOUNDED, BEATING OUR AVERAGE TOTAL AND MAKING US SAFE WITH 2 MATCHES STILL TO PLAY...HAPPY DAYS

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 17:50 - May 2 with 2138 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The (not so) Magnificent Seven on 17:42 - May 2 by RuDeMan1970

WELL DONE ALL AT THE CLUB, PROVING MY FEARS TO BE UNFOUNDED, BEATING OUR AVERAGE TOTAL AND MAKING US SAFE WITH 2 MATCHES STILL TO PLAY...HAPPY DAYS

This season has been so wierd that using the past experiences did not work as I had Newcastle as our best chance of points and they hammered us, instead we beat teams that we haven't beaten or struggled to beat in the past.
What a topsy turvy season it has been, but we got there in the end, a big well done to Curt, Guido and the boys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024