Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado 12:41 - Apr 9 with 1264 viewsClinton

I heard an article on Radio 4 this morning about the success of legalising Cannabis in Denver, Colorado its earning a lot of revenue and taxes for the state. I just wonder if the Assembly could do the same, i.e legalise it in Wales, grow and process in Port Talbot perhaps in old steelworks buildings. ?

Its at 18 minutes on this program:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07654q6#play
Also an older newspaper article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-year-after-marijuana-legalisa

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 1256 viewsblueytheblue

Given the cannabis these days is many times stronger than the idealised dope from the sixties, any legalised cannabis company would need to be taxed to the hilt to cover the increased mental health needs arising.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:51 - Apr 9 with 1252 viewsLoyal

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:50 - Apr 9 by blueytheblue

Given the cannabis these days is many times stronger than the idealised dope from the sixties, any legalised cannabis company would need to be taxed to the hilt to cover the increased mental health needs arising.

And the govt would have legalised it years ago had they found a way of taxing it and controlling it properly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 1248 viewsblueytheblue

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:51 - Apr 9 by Loyal

And the govt would have legalised it years ago had they found a way of taxing it and controlling it properly.

It would not be politically expedient to any party to legalise it tbh.

Yes, there's the argument about alcohol but as prohibition showed, it's impossible to stop alcohol once it's out there.

Until studies can definitively show that planned strains of cannabis to be sold commercially have zero effect upon mental health, no party will legalise it whatsoever.

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 13:00 - Apr 9 with 1239 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It is legal in Canada but only for medical use and is grown on licensed farms with massive security.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 13:18 - Apr 9 with 1229 viewsLoyal

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:57 - Apr 9 by blueytheblue

It would not be politically expedient to any party to legalise it tbh.

Yes, there's the argument about alcohol but as prohibition showed, it's impossible to stop alcohol once it's out there.

Until studies can definitively show that planned strains of cannabis to be sold commercially have zero effect upon mental health, no party will legalise it whatsoever.

8% lager for 65p a can doesn't help 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 13:20 - Apr 9 with 1228 viewsblueytheblue

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 13:18 - Apr 9 by Loyal

Agree, problem is alcohol has been legalised for so long can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Would it be legalised now if it was currently illegal, knowing the issues? Probably not.

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 22:38 - Apr 9 with 1142 viewsDavillin

You might want to do some research on the hellish problems Colorado is having, directly from legalizing cannabis. Then draw your own conclusions. Ain't pretty.

I really don't want to do any more about it. It's way too depressing.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:23 - Apr 10 with 1064 viewscontroversial_jack

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 12:50 - Apr 9 by blueytheblue

There's no evidence it causes mental problems, just hearsay
Login to get fewer ads

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 1056 viewscontroversial_jack

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 22:38 - Apr 9 by Davillin

You might want to do some research on the hellish problems Colorado is having, directly from legalizing cannabis. Then draw your own conclusions. Ain't pretty.

I really don't want to do any more about it. It's way too depressing.

It causes a few problems being illegal too
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:32 - Apr 10 with 1049 viewsblueytheblue

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:23 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

There's no evidence it causes mental problems, just hearsay

Really?

I don't believe it causes mental conditions but I thought there was evidence it can trigger underlying mental conditions already present.

Most studies showing it was safe were based upon strains of cannabis dating back to the sixties, which were not as strong as some available today.

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:46 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewscontroversial_jack

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:32 - Apr 10 by blueytheblue

Really?

I don't believe it causes mental conditions but I thought there was evidence it can trigger underlying mental conditions already present.

Most studies showing it was safe were based upon strains of cannabis dating back to the sixties, which were not as strong as some available today.

It's hearsay. Those who developed psychotic tendencies would have had them anyway
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:48 - Apr 10 with 1037 viewsblueytheblue

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:46 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

It's hearsay. Those who developed psychotic tendencies would have had them anyway

Which was my point. I thought cannabis can trigger dormant mental issues. Some people I've down who have been heavy partakers have had their personalities completely change and not for the better.

If such issues can be triggered by cannabis then no way should it be legalised.

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 18:01 - Apr 10 with 1025 viewsairedale

I remember from the 1960s that cannabis abuse caused paranoia, and these people were called tea heads.

Don't think that cannabis suppliers would want it legalised though, the police are making them really wealthy restricting supply and driving up prices for re-supplying the same product. Plus the cost of processing muppets caught supplying drugs to the punters.

A couple of years ago I saw on the telly what Al Capone was earning from supplying alcohol, and it was bi money even these days.
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 19:50 - Apr 10 with 989 viewscontroversial_jack

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 17:48 - Apr 10 by blueytheblue

Which was my point. I thought cannabis can trigger dormant mental issues. Some people I've down who have been heavy partakers have had their personalities completely change and not for the better.

If such issues can be triggered by cannabis then no way should it be legalised.

There is no evidence that Cannabis can trigger these effects, but put that up against the problems of it being illegal.
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 19:59 - Apr 10 with 977 viewsSwanzay

Cannabis has many natural healing qualities, but the UK Govt dont want that as the pharmaceutical companies would be up in arms and george and his buddies would lose out!
Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 15:00 - Apr 11 with 907 viewsbuilthjack

Could Wales legalise Cannabis, like they have in Colorado on 13:18 - Apr 9 by Loyal

Gomis must have spent £5.20 on 8 cans of that before Saturday's game. Falling down all the time and grinning like an idiot, he showed all the signs of being pi$$ed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024