Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon Hope 12:04 - Apr 11 with 3848 viewsNogginthenog

Of a move to a new planet

http://news.sky.com/story/1676343/nasas-kepler-spacecraft-in-state-of-emergency
Abandon Hope on 13:20 - Apr 11 with 3044 viewsPegojack

Yeah, they've found that the engine was fitted by Volkswagen. It's actually only 65 miles from Earth and its burning 4 million gallons per mile.
Abandon Hope on 13:56 - Apr 11 with 3007 viewsjackpot

And they have realised that all the earth's pollution is coming from this and not burning fossil fuels.
Abandon Hope on 16:03 - Apr 11 with 2961 viewsLord_Bony

If anyone still thinks we are the only life form in our galaxy,let alone the universe...then they are clinically insane and need to have a word with themselves.

We dont need a bloody big telescope in space to tell us that...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Abandon Hope on 16:03 - Apr 11 with 2959 viewsblueytheblue

Abandon Hope on 16:03 - Apr 11 by Lord_Bony

If anyone still thinks we are the only life form in our galaxy,let alone the universe...then they are clinically insane and need to have a word with themselves.

... just a look at most posts on this forum.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Abandon Hope on 16:04 - Apr 11 with 2952 viewsLord_Bony

wha??

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Abandon Hope on 17:02 - Apr 11 with 2900 viewsWingstandwood

That's something that lurks in my mind also? These aliens would have far better technological-weaponry if they decide to invade Planet Earth with malign intent i.e. to rape our resources! Why should they be friendly types when they want to steal our water etc?

I was told by someone (Ex Exeter University) that gravity is so intense in some solar systems that aliens physiological structure could make them look totally different to what we expect.......

They would not look like our perceived/expected E.T types seen in movies but?.........Look more like a sheet of cardboard (albeit not same in colour i.e. probably reptile shade)! and (width + height wise!) could make them slide/crawl underneath a door with ease. Why? Because of evolution design to compensate for incredible gravitational pull of their indigenous solar system!......Scary stuff!

Argus!

Abandon Hope on 17:07 - Apr 11 with 2882 viewsLord_Bony

Abandon Hope on 17:02 - Apr 11 by Wingstandwood

That's something that lurks in my mind also? These aliens would have far better technological-weaponry if they decide to invade Planet Earth with malign intent i.e. to rape our resources! Why should they be friendly types when they want to steal our water etc?

I was told by someone (Ex Exeter University) that gravity is so intense in some solar systems that aliens physiological structure could make them look totally different to what we expect.......

They would not look like our perceived/expected E.T types seen in movies but?.........Look more like a sheet of cardboard (albeit not same in colour i.e. probably reptile shade)! and (width + height wise!) could make them slide/crawl underneath a door with ease. Why? Because of evolution design to compensate for incredible gravitational pull of their indigenous solar system!......Scary stuff!

We are talking about life in the galaxy whichever form that may take? You ve been reading too much sci fi mate...or perhaps you really do believe we are the only planet in the universe with life like most religious nutters out there....

Abandon Hope on 17:21 - Apr 11 with 2856 viewsWingstandwood

Abandon Hope on 17:07 - Apr 11 by Lord_Bony

We are talking about life in the galaxy whichever form that may take? You ve been reading too much sci fi mate...or perhaps you really do believe we are the only planet in the universe with life like most religious nutters out there....

The universe is so expansive Planet Earth is but a mere drop in the Atlantic Ocean there IS life out there without doubt. It will not be nothing like your/many others perceived Hollywood perception(s).

Like I said they (the aliens!) have technological advances way beyond our wildest dreams i.e. how many would love to own a car that can take you from e.g. Bynea to Llansamlet in a fraction of a second and has no additional running costs?
A car?....... That you'll never need to fill up because its a car that will run on thought waves!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Abandon Hope on 17:25 - Apr 11 with 2844 viewsLord_Bony

Abandon Hope on 17:21 - Apr 11 by Wingstandwood

The universe is so expansive Planet Earth is but a mere drop in the Atlantic Ocean there IS life out there without doubt. It will not be nothing like your/many others perceived Hollywood perception(s).

Like I said they (the aliens!) have technological advances way beyond our wildest dreams i.e. how many would love to own a car that can take you from e.g. Bynea to Llansamlet in a fraction of a second and has no additional running costs?
A car?....... That you'll never need to fill up because its a car that will run on thought waves!

Well your first sentence I am in agreement with.

The rest...I m still not sure if you re taking the piss...

Abandon Hope on 17:36 - Apr 11 with 2822 viewsWingstandwood

Abandon Hope on 17:25 - Apr 11 by Lord_Bony

Well your first sentence I am in agreement with.

The rest...I m still not sure if you re taking the piss...

Not so much taking the piss but sort of thinking the nativity of skeptics is misplaced. And how fact maybe closer to fiction? I grew up watching Dr Who as a kid and the word 'anti-matter' cropped up on a few occasions. Apparently (anti-matter) was/is more fact than fiction because I watched a documentary many year a back and it is seen as a future source/method of transport.

Argus!

Abandon Hope on 18:40 - Apr 11 with 2768 viewsLord_Bony

Piss off you twet.. For a moment there I actually felt sorry for you...

Abandon Hope on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 2735 viewsairedale

I wonder how many of the people [who paid for that scrap to be launched] are really interested in what occurs in space. Or 20 miles down the road for that matter.

Personally, I don't care a fig what goes on in Bridgend, let alone Chepstow, and if I was offered a fortnight on the moon or in Pembroke Dock, I'd plump for West Wales every time.
Abandon Hope on 22:15 - Apr 11 with 2625 viewsNogginthenog

Abandon Hope on 19:00 - Apr 11 by airedale

I wonder how many of the people [who paid for that scrap to be launched] are really interested in what occurs in space. Or 20 miles down the road for that matter.

Personally, I don't care a fig what goes on in Bridgend, let alone Chepstow, and if I was offered a fortnight on the moon or in Pembroke Dock, I'd plump for West Wales every time.

Pembroke dock, you Charlatan!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 22:16]
Abandon Hope on 00:09 - Apr 12 with 2570 viewsKilkennyjack

They might try to buy our club ?

Beware of the Risen People

Abandon Hope on 06:35 - Apr 12 with 2528 viewsGowerjack

Wow...

Does that mean the could sneak out of the Liberty before full time and no one would notice?

Cool beans!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Abandon Hope on 08:34 - Apr 12 with 2469 viewsHumpty

Why? We have absolutely no evidence of life existing anywhere else in the universe.
Abandon Hope on 08:40 - Apr 12 with 2460 viewsPegojack

No problem, we could just defeat them by using draft excluders.

Advanced civilization, my arse.
Abandon Hope on 11:46 - Apr 13 with 2349 viewsLord_Bony

Abandon Hope on 08:34 - Apr 12 by Humpty

Why? We have absolutely no evidence of life existing anywhere else in the universe.

Dont talk so fkn daft!

Abandon Hope on 02:09 - Apr 14 with 2252 viewsHumpty

Abandon Hope on 11:46 - Apr 13 by Lord_Bony

Dont talk so fkn daft!

No really. We don't. Absolutely no evidence at all.

I'm not saying there isn't, I think it's likely that it does exist somewhere out there. But we don't know.

I just think it's a bit of a jump to suggest that someone is clinically insanse to not believe in something that we have absolutely no evidence of.
Abandon Hope on 08:51 - Apr 14 with 2209 viewsPhaedrus

Abandon Hope on 02:09 - Apr 14 by Humpty

I'm not saying there isn't, I think it's likely that it does exist somewhere out there. But we don't know.

I just think it's a bit of a jump to suggest that someone is clinically insanse to not believe in something that we have absolutely no evidence of.

There was no evidence of Gravitational Waves until last month. They must have just sprung into existence.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Abandon Hope on 09:11 - Apr 14 with 2197 viewsDr_Winston

Something being a mathematical near certainty and there actually being proof of it are two very different things.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Abandon Hope on 09:16 - Apr 14 with 2193 viewsPhaedrus

Abandon Hope on 09:11 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Something being a mathematical near certainty and there actually being proof of it are two very different things.

Ants have no proof we can think. Does that mean we cant think?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Abandon Hope on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 2181 viewsPhaedrus

Higher civilizations are here, all around us. But we’re too primitive to perceive them. Michio Kaku sums it up like this:
Let’s say we have an anthill in the middle of the forest. And right next to the anthill, they’re building a ten-lane super-highway. And the question is “Would the ants be able to understand what a ten-lane super-highway is? Would the ants be able to understand the technology and the intentions of the beings building the highway next to them?”
So it’s not that we can’t pick up the signals from Planet X using our technology, it’s that we can’t even comprehend what the beings from Planet X are or what they’re trying to do. It’s so beyond us that even if they really wanted to enlighten us, it would be like trying to teach ants about the internet.
Along those lines, this may also be an answer to “Well if there are so many fancy Type III Civilizations, why haven’t they contacted us yet?” To answer that, let’s ask ourselves–when Pizarro made his way into Peru, did he stop for a while at an anthill to try to communicate? Was he magnanimous, trying to help the ants in the anthill? Did he become hostile and slow his original mission down in order to smash the anthill apart? Or was the anthill of complete and utter and eternal irrelevance to Pizarro? That might be our situation here.

Abandon Hope on 21:42 - Apr 14 with 2115 viewsLord_Bony

Abandon Hope on 02:09 - Apr 14 by Humpty

Oh I see...because we cant PROVE life exists in the universe then it does nt...great.

How would we prove such a thing when the furthest we ve traveled is to our own satellite the moon..even the Voyager probe is only just getting to the edge of the solar system after nearly 40 years!

Quite simply life finds a way in the harshest conditions even small bacteria / micro organisms /microbes can transform into more complex lifeforms over millions of years in the primordial soup of life.

To think life in its many forms has only flourished on this planet only is astounding...it is mathematically nigh on impossible for that to happen according to most scientists and astro physicists.

I am of the belief of many that the universe is absolutely teeming with life, including advanced civilizations that have had maybe millions possibly billions of years head start over our own.

Nobody believed the world was round not flat until it was proven and we understood better....we have only just scratched the surface of understanding the universe...we have a long way to go yet.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Abandon Hope on 05:48 - Apr 18 with 2034 viewsHumpty

Abandon Hope on 21:42 - Apr 14 by Lord_Bony

Oh I see...because we cant PROVE life exists in the universe then it does nt...great.

How would we prove such a thing when the furthest we ve traveled is to our own satellite the moon..even the Voyager probe is only just getting to the edge of the solar system after nearly 40 years!

Quite simply life finds a way in the harshest conditions even small bacteria / micro organisms /microbes can transform into more complex lifeforms over millions of years in the primordial soup of life.

To think life in its many forms has only flourished on this planet only is astounding...it is mathematically nigh on impossible for that to happen according to most scientists and astro physicists.

I am of the belief of many that the universe is absolutely teeming with life, including advanced civilizations that have had maybe millions possibly billions of years head start over our own.

Nobody believed the world was round not flat until it was proven and we understood better....we have only just scratched the surface of understanding the universe...we have a long way to go yet.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Blimey. You start off with accusing me of something I didn't say. This is going to go well.

Bony, I'll say it again. I think life exists outside our solar system. Somewhere. I doubt we'll ever find it and I doubt they'll ever find us. Space is incredibly f*cking big.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024