Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcodes v Swans 06:33 - Apr 12 with 4440 viewsJethroJack

Can't wait for Saturday, in spite of the long drive.
Siggy...a brace of....goals.
Jonjo...a brace of....yellows...or even a straight red.
2-3 Swans (Alberto to get our 3rd).
Barcodes v Swans on 06:48 - Apr 12 with 3003 viewsEdmundo

Be interesting to see the fan reaction should we win up there. Or even a listen to the True Geordie........😂

Even a point there would screw them up a win and they are royally fecked👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Barcodes v Swans on 09:24 - Apr 12 with 2897 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 06:48 - Apr 12 by Edmundo

Be interesting to see the fan reaction should we win up there. Or even a listen to the True Geordie........😂

Even a point there would screw them up a win and they are royally fecked👍

We have a habit of doing well there 😊
All the pressure's on them, hardly any on us.
If we score early, it could get "ugly" 😁
Barcodes v Swans on 09:46 - Apr 12 with 2863 viewsoldcob

I've got mixed feelings over Newcastle should they go down. I'll feel sorry for their supporters who are brilliant but as far as the players are concerned, they deserve all they get, some right attitudes with some of their players, who haven't given their all for their fans. I'll be glad to see the back of the team, but will miss their supporters.
Barcodes v Swans on 09:54 - Apr 12 with 2846 viewsEasternJack

Really looking forward to this one - even more so that we now clearly have the points for survival.

A few things to look forward to

- Shelvey vs Siggy (I daresay Ash may be up leaving his mark as well)
- Montero vs Janmat again. Was hilarious last time.

The pressure on them is huge. Not sure they have the character to raise their game. Hoping we don't take our foot off the gas for this one.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Barcodes v Swans on 09:56 - Apr 12 with 2845 viewsOxOsp

Barcodes v Swans on 09:24 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

We have a habit of doing well there 😊
All the pressure's on them, hardly any on us.
If we score early, it could get "ugly" 😁

We play better when the pressure is on. Seems to have been the case for the last few years. I can see us losing on Saturday now that we have the 40. I hope not though. I hope the sight of Captain Pointer is enough to get them really fired up.
Barcodes v Swans on 13:00 - Apr 12 with 2750 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 09:46 - Apr 12 by oldcob

I've got mixed feelings over Newcastle should they go down. I'll feel sorry for their supporters who are brilliant but as far as the players are concerned, they deserve all they get, some right attitudes with some of their players, who haven't given their all for their fans. I'll be glad to see the back of the team, but will miss their supporters.

Fair point, but their management is rotten from the top down...who in their right mind gives JJS & Townsend a 5 year £80,000 a week contract without a salary reduction clause if they go down, when they were in bother back in January.

Even a chimpanzee would have figured out that was necessary.
Barcodes v Swans on 13:16 - Apr 12 with 2725 viewsjasper_T

Barcodes v Swans on 13:00 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

Fair point, but their management is rotten from the top down...who in their right mind gives JJS & Townsend a 5 year £80,000 a week contract without a salary reduction clause if they go down, when they were in bother back in January.

Even a chimpanzee would have figured out that was necessary.

Why would Jonjo or Townsend agree to those clauses knowing thy'd probably go down?
Barcodes v Swans on 13:58 - Apr 12 with 2684 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 13:16 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

Why would Jonjo or Townsend agree to those clauses knowing thy'd probably go down?

If the players won't accept the salary reduction clauses, you tell them to take a hike. That's where the club management are weak & stupid.
Login to get fewer ads

Barcodes v Swans on 14:37 - Apr 12 with 2654 viewsjasper_T

Barcodes v Swans on 13:58 - Apr 12 by JethroJack

If the players won't accept the salary reduction clauses, you tell them to take a hike. That's where the club management are weak & stupid.

They were already gambling that spending £12m on Jonjo would keep them up. What's a little more risk on the weekly wage?

If they told them to take a hike they'd be even more likely to go down (in their opinion, since they somehow thought Jonjo was a good player). They weren't in a position to say take it or leave it to players if they wanted anyone to join them.
Barcodes v Swans on 22:38 - Apr 12 with 2517 viewsMillie

I'm going Friday, anyone else out in the toon?
Barcodes v Swans on 02:40 - Apr 13 with 2404 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 14:37 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

They were already gambling that spending £12m on Jonjo would keep them up. What's a little more risk on the weekly wage?

If they told them to take a hike they'd be even more likely to go down (in their opinion, since they somehow thought Jonjo was a good player). They weren't in a position to say take it or leave it to players if they wanted anyone to join them.

A little more risk on the weekly wage...WTF
£80,000 x 52 weeks x 5.5 year contract = £23 million.
It would have been financially prudent to at least half his wages if relegated.
Why the hell do you think Leeds Utd crapped out, eh? FFS.
Barcodes v Swans on 03:15 - Apr 13 with 2387 viewsSwansNZ

Swans to score 3 for the first time this season.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Barcodes v Swans on 04:19 - Apr 13 with 2371 viewsLoyal

Barcodes v Swans on 09:46 - Apr 12 by oldcob

Their so called supporters are no different to any others.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Barcodes v Swans on 05:15 - Apr 13 with 2348 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 03:15 - Apr 13 by SwansNZ

Swans to score 3 for the first time this season.

Glad you agree.
Barcodes v Swans on 09:20 - Apr 13 with 2246 viewspikeypaul

Barcodes v Swans on 04:19 - Apr 13 by Loyal

Their so called supporters are no different to any others.

Totally agree,

Reading their forums they are deluded and clueless.

Screaming for money to be spent when it is Mike Ashley is still to blame.

McLaren totally abused,Rafa takes over and performance gets worse
it's then the players fault.

Pardew hounded out goes to Palace and with far less resources
totally out performs Newcastle including slamming them 5-1 I would
love it if he sent them down in a couple of weeks.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Barcodes v Swans on 09:23 - Apr 13 with 2237 viewsjasper_T

Barcodes v Swans on 02:40 - Apr 13 by JethroJack

A little more risk on the weekly wage...WTF
£80,000 x 52 weeks x 5.5 year contract = £23 million.
It would have been financially prudent to at least half his wages if relegated.
Why the hell do you think Leeds Utd crapped out, eh? FFS.

What player in their right mind would agree to giving up half that money? Shelvey's agent had them over a barrel.
Barcodes v Swans on 12:52 - Apr 13 with 2160 viewsGlyn1

Norwich v Sunderland is the 12:45 match, so they'll know that result before we kick off. If Norwich win that, then they'll be 9 points ahead of Newcastle who will really, really need to beat us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Barcodes v Swans on 14:25 - Apr 13 with 2114 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 09:23 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

What player in their right mind would agree to giving up half that money? Shelvey's agent had them over a barrel.

FFS what's your problem, you don't seem to understand even the simplest of concepts. I'm not on about whether a player/agent will or will not accept a reduced salary. I'm saying how unwise it is for a club NOT to put appropriate safeguards into contracts.

Would you be happy if we did the same thing as the Barcodes?

The penny might drop with you one day 😁
Barcodes v Swans on 14:50 - Apr 13 with 2090 viewsjasper_T

Barcodes v Swans on 14:25 - Apr 13 by JethroJack

FFS what's your problem, you don't seem to understand even the simplest of concepts. I'm not on about whether a player/agent will or will not accept a reduced salary. I'm saying how unwise it is for a club NOT to put appropriate safeguards into contracts.

Would you be happy if we did the same thing as the Barcodes?

The penny might drop with you one day 😁

I'm just pointing out that it's not a case of wise/unwise, they wouldn't have had a choice in the matter if they wanted to sign anyone half decent in January.

No player was going to accept a deal where their salary gets slashed in 5 months when relegation was odds on. And they desperately needed players.

I doubt Paloschi's contract has a relegation clause in it either (but then he's not on £80k a week).
Barcodes v Swans on 15:17 - Apr 13 with 2059 viewsJethroJack

Barcodes v Swans on 14:50 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

I'm just pointing out that it's not a case of wise/unwise, they wouldn't have had a choice in the matter if they wanted to sign anyone half decent in January.

No player was going to accept a deal where their salary gets slashed in 5 months when relegation was odds on. And they desperately needed players.

I doubt Paloschi's contract has a relegation clause in it either (but then he's not on £80k a week).

If you think paying £12M for JJS & £23M in salary over 5yrs (not to mention Townsend etc)was something Newcastle HAD NO CHOICE but to do, without introducing some safeguards into the contract, then its pure madness. Its the very reason why clubs go to the wall.
Barcodes v Swans on 16:09 - Apr 13 with 2011 viewsdcd14

Barcodes v Swans on 14:50 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

Paloschi will have a clause in his contract should we go down. That said I'd imagine every player we have has the said clause.
Barcodes v Swans on 16:16 - Apr 13 with 2001 viewsjasper_T

Barcodes v Swans on 15:17 - Apr 13 by JethroJack

If you think paying £12M for JJS & £23M in salary over 5yrs (not to mention Townsend etc)was something Newcastle HAD NO CHOICE but to do, without introducing some safeguards into the contract, then its pure madness. Its the very reason why clubs go to the wall.

If they wanted Jonjo Shelvey then that was what it evidently took to get him.

Anyone who'd watched him play over the last year knew he was shit (so less than half of Swans fans) but that's beside the point. He isn't worth £12m, he isn't worth £80k a week, but he might actually be worth £80k a week if he gets them out of the Championship. That wage will keep him there (also the lack of interest from PL teams).

An agent is only going to agree to a 50% relegation pay cut if it's unlikely to actually happen. Newcastle were in serious danger so they made sure the wage was guaranteed.

Newcastle are a badly run club that makes stupid decisions, but the lack of a relegation clause isn't especially stupid in itself.
Barcodes v Swans on 16:18 - Apr 13 with 1997 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We'll beat these

Unless we put in a first half performance a la Stoke , which was pretty poor .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Barcodes v Swans on 16:40 - Apr 13 with 1988 viewspikeypaul

The bottom line is we should all be thankful for Newcastle's stupidity in taking him off our hands and at the same time give us £12 million and take the knob off our payroll.

The fact that they obviously had not done their homework or seen how pathetic he's played for the last 6 months makes it all the sweeter,it was funny after one game they were calling him the Romford Pirlo,now they know how poor he is 95% of the time.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Barcodes v Swans on 18:11 - Apr 13 with 1919 viewsOldjack

I hope you all realize Jon jo's arm waving will be going into overdrive ,he's got a point to make see

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024