Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42317 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 1898 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:13 - Apr 20 by PozuelosSideys

Its all getting more and more confusing and all shrouded in mystery.

Why is there such secrecy on who is selling their shareholding and who isn't? Am I missing something?

It will come out soon enough. The share holdings are reported annually (including beneficial ownership) so can't be fudged.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:16 - Apr 20 with 1890 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:13 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Still no news then , surely trust should know now ?

Nothing confirmed yet.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:23 - Apr 20 with 1881 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:16 - Apr 20 by Uxbridge

Nothing confirmed yet.

Come on Ux - the BBC have surely told everyone all the details anyone could possibly need ;-)
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:26 - Apr 20 with 1870 viewsPozuelosSideys

This has got to be related to the point around OTH Ltd resignation doesn't it? I wouldn't be in any rush to pull my shares out if I had to split the proceeds 50/50. Would drag it out as long as I could.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:28 - Apr 20 with 1862 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:23 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

Come on Ux - the BBC have surely told everyone all the details anyone could possibly need ;-)

Oh I'm sure they've presented a view someone would like out there

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:36 - Apr 20 with 1846 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:28 - Apr 20 by Uxbridge

Oh I'm sure they've presented a view someone would like out there

Indeed!

Every local journalist has turned into part of a PR push - not one of them are worth reading on any of it.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 1839 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:36 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

Indeed!

Every local journalist has turned into part of a PR push - not one of them are worth reading on any of it.

Hubert & Morgan surely won't depart with all their shares .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:46 - Apr 20 with 1827 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:40 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Hubert & Morgan surely won't depart with all their shares .

I think every shareholder now needs to be treated as a separate entity rather than putting names together, but who knows.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 1782 viewsDarran

If people like JVZ sell all theur shares I hope they'll be buying a season ticket and there'll be no more sitting in the directors box of getting hundreds of tickets for foreign fans whenever he feels like.

F*cking stinks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:30 - Apr 20 with 1736 viewsWingstandwood

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:06 - Apr 20 by Darran

If people like JVZ sell all theur shares I hope they'll be buying a season ticket and there'll be no more sitting in the directors box of getting hundreds of tickets for foreign fans whenever he feels like.

F*cking stinks.

The guy initially put a substantial amount of his own money to buy shares many a year back at a time when there was hardly a stampede to do do. I'll give him credit for that! But?.....

Once he sells all his shares and has no boardroom position then he IMO then becomes an ordinary fan and will be no different from the rest of us. If he gets perks, privileges and influence after his share sell off then IMO it will be unjust.

Oh and if this take-over becomes a disaster then he (others!) will go down in club history/supporter folklore as not so much the 'super-fan' that he's portrayed but more of a Judas/Traitor!

Argus!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:33 - Apr 20 with 1735 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:30 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

The guy initially put a substantial amount of his own money to buy shares many a year back at a time when there was hardly a stampede to do do. I'll give him credit for that! But?.....

Once he sells all his shares and has no boardroom position then he IMO then becomes an ordinary fan and will be no different from the rest of us. If he gets perks, privileges and influence after his share sell off then IMO it will be unjust.

Oh and if this take-over becomes a disaster then he (others!) will go down in club history/supporter folklore as not so much the 'super-fan' that he's portrayed but more of a Judas/Traitor!

Can't argue with that Wingy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:19 - Apr 20 with 1637 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:33 - Apr 20 by Darran

Can't argue with that Wingy.

He'll still be lording it around shouting STID while drowning in Krug. You know it and I know it. That WILL be part of any agreement for all of them, you can bet your ass.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:22 - Apr 20 with 1631 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:06 - Apr 20 by Darran

F*cking stinks.

I completely agree.

He says he's being retained to work for the club in some marketing capacity so no doubt he intends to remain on the gravy train.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 1622 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:22 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

I completely agree.

He says he's being retained to work for the club in some marketing capacity so no doubt he intends to remain on the gravy train.

Marketing capacity 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If the Americans have any business acumen then no doubt this department will have a serious restructure of some kind

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:30 - Apr 20 with 1610 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:22 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

I completely agree.

Where would we be without his utterly unprofessional jibes at LVG or JJS. That's the sort of thing that sets us apart and endears us to everyone mun. Worth its weight in gold from a marketing standpoint that is. Learnt everything he knows from Gerald Ratner.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 1603 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:30 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

Where would we be without his utterly unprofessional jibes at LVG or JJS. That's the sort of thing that sets us apart and endears us to everyone mun. Worth its weight in gold from a marketing standpoint that is. Learnt everything he knows from Gerald Ratner.

Not forgetting Walt Dineen too 😂

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:35 - Apr 20 with 1594 viewsmonmouth

Probably a ferdy. I see BBC repoting Jenkins and Dineen to keep some shares and stay on, Katzen/Croisy; Davies, Zwed to sell; Louisa presumably to sell ; they're not clear re MM, but says OTH to retain a small holding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36084316

Ha ha - I see it's further up the thread. I was reading backwards! Should have guessed that's what resurrected this.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 16:46]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:37 - Apr 20 with 1590 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:33 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Not forgetting Walt Dineen too 😂

People wonder why the media seem to turn on us so quickly. Pretty much every pundit and reporter relishes the thought that we may trip up. I'm not talking about the Cardiff based media here, but the national media. And that's despite our 'model ownership' structure [sic].

I never wonder why even slightly.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:42 - Apr 20 with 1577 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:37 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

People wonder why the media seem to turn on us so quickly. Pretty much every pundit and reporter relishes the thought that we may trip up. I'm not talking about the Cardiff based media here, but the national media. And that's despite our 'model ownership' structure [sic].

I never wonder why even slightly.

Pehaps his highly trained and experienced team can rescue him with a PR offensive. Maybe even via the LCD advertising boards...

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:46 - Apr 20 with 1558 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:35 - Apr 20 by monmouth

Probably a ferdy. I see BBC repoting Jenkins and Dineen to keep some shares and stay on, Katzen/Croisy; Davies, Zwed to sell; Louisa presumably to sell ; they're not clear re MM, but says OTH to retain a small holding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36084316

Ha ha - I see it's further up the thread. I was reading backwards! Should have guessed that's what resurrected this.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 16:46]

The BBC have managed to write a report that can't possibly be wrong. Presumably with the intention of not being able to be wrong.

Every shareholder may or may not sell or keep some or all shares. Searing insight.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Oct 26 with 1056 viewsbarry_island

Interesting few posts in here from last April.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:32 - Oct 26 with 1019 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Oct 26 by barry_island

Interesting few posts in here from last April.

which ones?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:35 - Oct 26 with 999 viewsbarry_island

Quite a few on the first few pages suggesting things were too cozy at Director level.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:49 - Oct 26 with 962 viewsLord_Bony

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:01 - Apr 14 by Lord_Bony

I m rally not getting how Huw Jenkins can sign the H.O.T on behalf of all the shareholders??

I mean is that legal or ethical without a shareholders meeting taking place first and full disclosure of the deal?

Maybe such a meeting did take place on the quiet.

Either way Huw Cooze and the Trust have been stabbed in the back...they are there to protect the club and represent the fans...pretty much unique in football these days.

They were blatantly usurped and kept in the dark while a deal was drawn up.

Somethings not right there...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Still dont get how the Heads of Terms were able.to be signed.without the knowledge of.The Trust..there should have been a share holders meeting at the time.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024