Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42493 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:42 - Apr 15 with 2614 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:38 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

No I realised that ! It was more an 'aide memoire' Ux :-)

You should meet up with our London based legal types. I'm sure they'd be interesting lunch companians over a bottle (or three in Dai's case)

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:44 - Apr 15 with 2599 viewsDafyddHuw

I think this talk of getting rid of HJ is a really bad idea. (How do we get rid of him anyway - nobody'll be allowed within miles of him on match days).

The most important thing is the club, not our hurt feelings. When the Yanks take over, and the board have gone, he'll be the only continuity left behind the scenes.
And like him or loathe him, he can't have been just lucky all this time.

So before you shoot from the heart, just consider if the club would be in safer hands with him steering it than a stranger.

Tin hat on.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 0:44]
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:44 - Apr 15 with 2600 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:42 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

You should meet up with our London based legal types. I'm sure they'd be interesting lunch companians over a bottle (or three in Dai's case)

I'd be more than happy to if any of them thought it would be in the slightest bit useful. Or even if they didn't but wanted some excuse for more wine ;-)
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:46 - Apr 15 with 2579 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:44 - Apr 15 by DafyddHuw

I think this talk of getting rid of HJ is a really bad idea. (How do we get rid of him anyway - nobody'll be allowed within miles of him on match days).

The most important thing is the club, not our hurt feelings. When the Yanks take over, and the board have gone, he'll be the only continuity left behind the scenes.

So before you shoot from the heart, just consider if the club would be in safer hands with him steering it than a stranger.

Tin hat on.

You're right. The most important thing is the club.

Tough decisions will have to be made. We may not like them.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:46 - Apr 15 with 2576 viewslondonlisa2001

Tin hat on.

When you say 'get rid' and 'no one would be allowed within miles on match days' I'm not sure anyone on here has suggested kidnapping him or similar have they :-)
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 01:18 - Apr 15 with 2495 viewsHighjack

I for one would definitely like a chat with this Wathan character.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 01:22 - Apr 15 with 2493 viewsBLAZE

Tin hat on.

Depends how much freedom he'll be given to operate with. Our success over the last 14 years hasn't only been down to the judgement of Huw, but the entire board of directors. If that board of directors are stepping down, or at best severely diminishing their decision making power, then Huw could be nothing but a puppet for the new owners. Unless he's given absolute control over footballing matters (I doubt it), then we might as well make a clean break and start afresh.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 02:37 - Apr 15 with 2420 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:55 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

'Fraid so. Carl Heggs and his rolled down socks to start up front for us next season too.

HughJack isn't s million miles away with the mindset, the only difference is both sides now have money, back then nobody had anything.

Keith Harris was great with that emu character mind. Used to bite people's faces.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:03 - Apr 15 with 2297 viewsPhil_S

Shocked at the two press articles that have been printed (The EP one and the WM one)

Just shows what gets latched onto at these events. The WM live blog is a better read but sadly I suspect it is the headline articles that will catch most attention

The comments made by Blaze are probably right - more people see the headline and think its great (which we have always conceded that it could be) but nobody knows for certain until such time that the legal documents have been drawn
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:17 - Apr 15 with 2270 viewsbarry_island

Were any councillors AMs MPs at last night's meeting?

Obviously to raise such questions as when we are shown on MOTD they must have our best interests at heart?

As our landlords they must have an interest in a successful Swansea City?

Surely as a part supporter owned club they will appreciate this is what has differentiated and highlighted us for a number of years?

If not, I can only assume that they think the Supporters Trust is a peripheral organisation.

To my shame I have let my trust membership lapse. I will renew it today (done, it took 2 minutes). I always vote at council and other elections, I am sure other Trust members do as well...

Just smile
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 7:38]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:00 - Apr 15 with 2143 viewsjojaca

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:17 - Apr 15 by barry_island

Were any councillors AMs MPs at last night's meeting?

Obviously to raise such questions as when we are shown on MOTD they must have our best interests at heart?

As our landlords they must have an interest in a successful Swansea City?

Surely as a part supporter owned club they will appreciate this is what has differentiated and highlighted us for a number of years?

If not, I can only assume that they think the Supporters Trust is a peripheral organisation.

To my shame I have let my trust membership lapse. I will renew it today (done, it took 2 minutes). I always vote at council and other elections, I am sure other Trust members do as well...

Just smile
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 7:38]

Its only human nature the board want to sell because has a football club we have peaked. Their shares were only ever going to devalue from here on in. Their shares are worthless if we were in championship. If someone offered me £10,000 for my season ticket next year, I would sell despite my love for the club.

Do we really want to force Huw Jenkins out of the club, without him I fear we will be playing championship football sooner. If the worst happens in a few years and Americans sell up when we are in championship, I expect the current board members would be interested in buying club back.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:04 - Apr 15 with 2124 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:00 - Apr 15 by jojaca

Its only human nature the board want to sell because has a football club we have peaked. Their shares were only ever going to devalue from here on in. Their shares are worthless if we were in championship. If someone offered me £10,000 for my season ticket next year, I would sell despite my love for the club.

Do we really want to force Huw Jenkins out of the club, without him I fear we will be playing championship football sooner. If the worst happens in a few years and Americans sell up when we are in championship, I expect the current board members would be interested in buying club back.

Couple of things

The Trust have always known that shareholders want to sell and we don't actually begrudge them that.

As Swans fans all of us (including them) have to make sure that the deal is as right for the football club as it is for the individual.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:09 - Apr 15 with 2100 viewsbarry_island

Favourite film 2001 = Local Hero

Favourite film 2016 = The Wolf of Wind Street.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:09 - Apr 15 with 2096 viewsjojaca

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:04 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

Couple of things

The Trust have always known that shareholders want to sell and we don't actually begrudge them that.

As Swans fans all of us (including them) have to make sure that the deal is as right for the football club as it is for the individual.

I do appreciate the role of the trust in these type of matters, I'm just a blinkered fan just reading various news sources.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:40 - Apr 15 with 2008 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:04 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

Couple of things

The current shareholders actually have a chance to right the clear error of deliberately excluding the fans' legitimate representatives in order to protect their potential gains. They have gone against the entire ethos on which they built those gains, now it's time to put that right.

They can make amends- and that's what it is now - by pushing hard to get the necessary protections in place to secure the club's future legally and irrevocably as part of the deal. It makes me really sad to say that at the moment I have no faith in them doing that.

They should really be put under the spotlight now as the details are agreed. STiD huh? Ok then, let's see it. It's in your power; deeds not words please. The end of this process will show up your true legacy to Swansea City.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 8:50]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:59 - Apr 15 with 1941 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:40 - Apr 15 by monmouth

The current shareholders actually have a chance to right the clear error of deliberately excluding the fans' legitimate representatives in order to protect their potential gains. They have gone against the entire ethos on which they built those gains, now it's time to put that right.

They can make amends- and that's what it is now - by pushing hard to get the necessary protections in place to secure the club's future legally and irrevocably as part of the deal. It makes me really sad to say that at the moment I have no faith in them doing that.

They should really be put under the spotlight now as the details are agreed. STiD huh? Ok then, let's see it. It's in your power; deeds not words please. The end of this process will show up your true legacy to Swansea City.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 8:50]

Superb stuff Mon

Over to you Sir Hubert & the gang ,the ball is firmly in your court ,don't let yourselves down (more than you have already ).

I still beleive there's another twist in all this .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:09 - Apr 15 with 1914 viewsLandore_Jack

Does anyone know if Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have held talks with the council regarding the stadium?

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:16 - Apr 15 with 1892 viewsDewi1jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:12 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

Go to the Nationals.

They will listen - in their eyes this is a cracking story as much as anything - intrigue, betrayal, fans ownership, premier league. Handled properly this could be News At Ten stuff, seriously.

Ignore the little pissants at the Western Mail.

This.
A nice little "hearts and minds" from the nationals and internationals could lead to one elluva run on Trust memberships.
We've all been saying to ignore the Welsh media for years.
Going National with the truth about the "club run by fans" will make the Cardiff media look as incompetent as we all know they are.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:35 - Apr 15 with 1832 viewsheadcleaner

I have no confidence in Jenkins and Co in light of this fiasco. It's been a PR disaster from the board and greed is at the root of it.

Peoe think that Jenkins and Co are the be all and end all and we're Sunk without them. Personally I can't see how they can continue in their current roles. The only blessing is the yanks might run the commercial side like a 21st century big business and not a league 1 set up.

Gutted with what I know so far and yet to be convinced otherwise. #STID
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:43 - Apr 15 with 1800 viewsjasper_T

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:35 - Apr 15 by headcleaner

I have no confidence in Jenkins and Co in light of this fiasco. It's been a PR disaster from the board and greed is at the root of it.

Peoe think that Jenkins and Co are the be all and end all and we're Sunk without them. Personally I can't see how they can continue in their current roles. The only blessing is the yanks might run the commercial side like a 21st century big business and not a league 1 set up.

Gutted with what I know so far and yet to be convinced otherwise. #STID

The PR is pretty good overall, unfortunately.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 1784 viewsMoscowJack

I think it might be worth many of us tweeting David Conn, just to highlight the anger, disappointment and disgust that so many of us fear at the moment.

That alone is not going to make him write anything, of course, but a carefully timed call or email from someone in the Trust who knows him could do the trick.

Once David Conn's picked up on it, others will too. It's a short news cycle in this modern world, but the deal is at a critical stage over the next week (or so) which means the timing could be perfect right now.

My next step is to tweet Mr. Conn....just a pity that I haven't got a link to send him for any article written by local journalist who's covered the outrage, disgust and anger in a balanced way! That's sad!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:56 - Apr 15 with 1737 viewsItchySphincter

Tin hat on.

Probably true.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 1605 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:46 - Apr 15 by MoscowJack

I think it might be worth many of us tweeting David Conn, just to highlight the anger, disappointment and disgust that so many of us fear at the moment.

That alone is not going to make him write anything, of course, but a carefully timed call or email from someone in the Trust who knows him could do the trick.

Once David Conn's picked up on it, others will too. It's a short news cycle in this modern world, but the deal is at a critical stage over the next week (or so) which means the timing could be perfect right now.

My next step is to tweet Mr. Conn....just a pity that I haven't got a link to send him for any article written by local journalist who's covered the outrage, disgust and anger in a balanced way! That's sad!

It would be nice if he could do a 'we're watching you now' type article that highlights things that Jenkins and the others have said, some quotes also from the vanity project maybe and that he will publicly hold the final outcome up to scrutiny against those pronouncements. I'm sure someone could help point him at appropriate pronouncements about the essential nature of supporter involvement when the credit has been taken for the Swansea model over the years.

One thing's for sure though, it has to be NOW. When the deal is signed there is no pressure that can be brought to bear. Getting the best outcome for the club after the sellout now is all that matters.

Annoyed as I am by the way, having cooled, I do think it's best for the club that Jenkins stays. People like Villa and Newcastle have shown the danger of allowing people who know nothing about football appointing people who know nothing about football.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:09 - Apr 15 with 1536 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:26 - Apr 14 by Borojack

The fact they declined to attend tonight speaks volumes for me

Oh come on. If it was me I don't think I'd have dared turn up.
If they'd been there it would have gone all pitchforks, burning torches and Wicker Man.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:12 - Apr 15 with 1532 viewsClinton

As a relatively recent supporter whose only been attending a significant number of matches for the 10 years since we moved to the Liberty, I would say the following.
After the anger cool heads are needed. Look to the future. Plan. Do what's best for the club. recriminations are negative thoughts, put it down to experience. If Huw wants it, keep him, his record is unequalled. Be pragmatic.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024