Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42666 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:06 - Apr 15 with 2097 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:09 - Apr 15 by DafyddHuw

Oh come on. If it was me I don't think I'd have dared turn up.
If they'd been there it would have gone all pitchforks, burning torches and Wicker Man.

You wouldnt have sneaked about and hoodwinked the trust and the supporters either though.
I honestly think he has to go no matter how good a footballing brain he has.
Greedy untrustworty barstewards.
There are ways of doing things and he couldnt have got it more wrong if he tried.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:37 - Apr 15 with 2005 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:12 - Apr 15 by Clinton

As a relatively recent supporter whose only been attending a significant number of matches for the 10 years since we moved to the Liberty, I would say the following.
After the anger cool heads are needed. Look to the future. Plan. Do what's best for the club. recriminations are negative thoughts, put it down to experience. If Huw wants it, keep him, his record is unequalled. Be pragmatic.

As others have said, Huw's got the experience, track record and knowledge that very few people have in order to do a good job as CEO/Chairman. In the cold light of day and with cold blood running through our veins, keeping him might be a better business decision, regardless of how we feel.

BUT.....what about the Trust? They can pretend to "move forward" but that relationship is dead and the trust totally gone. Nothing HJ says again will be believed.

What about Martin Morgan and Brian Katzen? If they haven't sold out and stay on as ~10% shareholders each, how toxic will that Boardroom be?

It's so so ugly. We all knew that we would be sold (and probably sooner rather than later) but why did it have to be done in such a cloak and dagger way?

Part of me wonders whether HJ has planned this to make his position untenable, but then why would he walk away from his huge salary and bonus?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 1978 viewsLord_Bony

If this deal falls through there will be a lot of people at the top with egg on their face,particularly HJ...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 1974 viewsHighjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:37 - Apr 15 by MoscowJack

As others have said, Huw's got the experience, track record and knowledge that very few people have in order to do a good job as CEO/Chairman. In the cold light of day and with cold blood running through our veins, keeping him might be a better business decision, regardless of how we feel.

BUT.....what about the Trust? They can pretend to "move forward" but that relationship is dead and the trust totally gone. Nothing HJ says again will be believed.

What about Martin Morgan and Brian Katzen? If they haven't sold out and stay on as ~10% shareholders each, how toxic will that Boardroom be?

It's so so ugly. We all knew that we would be sold (and probably sooner rather than later) but why did it have to be done in such a cloak and dagger way?

Part of me wonders whether HJ has planned this to make his position untenable, but then why would he walk away from his huge salary and bonus?

The only goal of the Trust was, is and always will be to make sure there is still a club there for our kids, grandkids etc to support in 20,40,100 years time. The mood might be soured and the trust (small t) might be dead but they have to put it to the side and if Huw is the best man to run the club which he probably is they've got to find a way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 1974 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think people's quality of decision making is hugely influenced by the context within which they are being made. When acting altruistically, with a huge backing of an enthusiastic support and lots of goodwill all around, good decisions can almost make themselves as clarity of thought is abound.

When sneaking about acting like a dodgy builder on the make, Huw the Roofer is just the ex owner of a failed business.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:48 - Apr 15 with 1950 viewsSkewenMitch

Biggest shock I had last night was that there are only 1100 paid up members of the Trust. Yet 18000 people want to slag them for not fighting our corner.
No matter how sour it may sound we cannot object to people selling their legally owned shares.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:15 - Apr 15 with 1844 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:48 - Apr 15 by SkewenMitch

Biggest shock I had last night was that there are only 1100 paid up members of the Trust. Yet 18000 people want to slag them for not fighting our corner.
No matter how sour it may sound we cannot object to people selling their legally owned shares.

No but we can object to the way they do it and any consequences arising from it.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:19 - Apr 15 with 1826 viewsDevz00

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:46 - Apr 15 by MoscowJack

I think it might be worth many of us tweeting David Conn, just to highlight the anger, disappointment and disgust that so many of us fear at the moment.

That alone is not going to make him write anything, of course, but a carefully timed call or email from someone in the Trust who knows him could do the trick.

Once David Conn's picked up on it, others will too. It's a short news cycle in this modern world, but the deal is at a critical stage over the next week (or so) which means the timing could be perfect right now.

My next step is to tweet Mr. Conn....just a pity that I haven't got a link to send him for any article written by local journalist who's covered the outrage, disgust and anger in a balanced way! That's sad!

I just had a look at his twitter feed and he's saying he plans on writing about the situation.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:26 - Apr 15 with 1800 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:19 - Apr 15 by Devz00

I just had a look at his twitter feed and he's saying he plans on writing about the situation.

Saw that as well. Good news.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:31 - Apr 15 with 1784 viewsLandore_Jack

The current shareholders have worked with the Trust since 2002. The descent thing would have been to tell the Trust about the potential sale of shares to the Americans. I know they are not obligated to do so but in my view it would have been the right thing to do.

A document was signed in December 2015 agreeing the sale of shares. The trust had no knowledge of this until two weeks ago. As a trust member I feel Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have stabbed the Trust in the back. You may not agree but that is how I feel.

To sign a document without some of the shareholders consent or knowledge speaks volumes about HJ. He had no right to do so, and you can understand why two of the shareholders are very angry.

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:37 - Apr 15 with 1754 viewsMoscowJack

Has there been ANY indication of the make up of the remaining 40%?

Will the Trust keep 21%
If so, who would own the remaining 19%?

I think this is pretty important, to be honest, and haven't seen it written about anywhere.

Ps glad to see David Conn's tweeted that he's going to write about it - that's excellent news and hopefully will highlight to many ignorant fans what's really been going on.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 1731 viewsHighjack

If a journalist named Conn is our big hope then things are worse than I thought.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:48 - Apr 15 with 1711 viewsBloodyhills

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:40 - Apr 15 by monmouth

The current shareholders actually have a chance to right the clear error of deliberately excluding the fans' legitimate representatives in order to protect their potential gains. They have gone against the entire ethos on which they built those gains, now it's time to put that right.

They can make amends- and that's what it is now - by pushing hard to get the necessary protections in place to secure the club's future legally and irrevocably as part of the deal. It makes me really sad to say that at the moment I have no faith in them doing that.

They should really be put under the spotlight now as the details are agreed. STiD huh? Ok then, let's see it. It's in your power; deeds not words please. The end of this process will show up your true legacy to Swansea City.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 8:50]

This:

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:50 - Apr 15 with 1706 viewsDevz00

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:37 - Apr 15 by MoscowJack

Will the Trust keep 21%

I think this is pretty important, to be honest, and haven't seen it written about anywhere.

Ps glad to see David Conn's tweeted that he's going to write about it - that's excellent news and hopefully will highlight to many ignorant fans what's really been going on.

and my first tweet in months has made the EP website

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-Swansea-City-fans-reacted-Supporter

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:07 - Apr 15 with 1649 viewslondonlisa2001

Will the Trust keep 21%

Excellent question.

There is a huge difference to the Trust if one or two dissenting shareholders do not sell any of their stake as opposed to all shareholders retaining a small % after selling up most of their stake.

The first scenario would see a chance for the Trust and whoever else did not sell to vote against the new owners where there was a disagreement or something that they felt was not in the best interests of the club while the second would effectively be total control to the new owners but a lower % taken simply for better optics.

Have any details been released about how the different percentages suggested are made up? It's not easy to see an exact 40% but if that is simply a rounded figure then it's easy to see how the Trust plus one or two others make up just over 40%.

I genuinely hope that even if Huw stays on as chair (which I can see the arguments for, irrespective of the way he's behaved) that we don't see all the others who have sold us out staying on the board. That would be too much for all that I'm sure we'll all miss the quite outstanding contribution to the commercial side of things that JVZ appears to believe he makes.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:11 - Apr 15 with 1621 viewsQuakerJack

How much would the Trust need to buy the shares to get to 25%? Darlington fans have just raised 105,000 in under 3 weeks to contribute towards building a new ground... and we have a lot more fans...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:12 - Apr 15 with 1617 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:07 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

Excellent question.

There is a huge difference to the Trust if one or two dissenting shareholders do not sell any of their stake as opposed to all shareholders retaining a small % after selling up most of their stake.

The first scenario would see a chance for the Trust and whoever else did not sell to vote against the new owners where there was a disagreement or something that they felt was not in the best interests of the club while the second would effectively be total control to the new owners but a lower % taken simply for better optics.

Have any details been released about how the different percentages suggested are made up? It's not easy to see an exact 40% but if that is simply a rounded figure then it's easy to see how the Trust plus one or two others make up just over 40%.

I genuinely hope that even if Huw stays on as chair (which I can see the arguments for, irrespective of the way he's behaved) that we don't see all the others who have sold us out staying on the board. That would be too much for all that I'm sure we'll all miss the quite outstanding contribution to the commercial side of things that JVZ appears to believe he makes.

Don't forget Walt Disney and his band of marketeers who 'studied marketing at college'

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:15 - Apr 15 with 1597 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:11 - Apr 15 by QuakerJack

How much would the Trust need to buy the shares to get to 25%? Darlington fans have just raised 105,000 in under 3 weeks to contribute towards building a new ground... and we have a lot more fans...

Around £5m I think.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:22]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:21 - Apr 15 with 1562 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:06 - Apr 15 by Borojack

You wouldnt have sneaked about and hoodwinked the trust and the supporters either though.
I honestly think he has to go no matter how good a footballing brain he has.
Greedy untrustworty barstewards.
There are ways of doing things and he couldnt have got it more wrong if he tried.

Yes but that's an entirely different point. You said that HJ & LD should have turned up last night. I was responding to that.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:25 - Apr 15 with 1532 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:12 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

Don't forget Walt Disney and his band of marketeers who 'studied marketing at college'

Ha - whatever happens I suspect we'll see a whole new commercial department in place before too long.

Can't imagine getting low cost vans or the Hafod Tandoori to advertise in the stadium will be uppermost in the minds of anyone that comes in can you...
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 1516 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:21 - Apr 15 by DafyddHuw

Yes but that's an entirely different point. You said that HJ & LD should have turned up last night. I was responding to that.

Fair point according to the Wales on line and evening Post polls most fans think the Yanks are good news so they would gave had a lovely welcome for securing such a fanrastic deal

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:29 - Apr 15 with 1507 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:25 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

Ha - whatever happens I suspect we'll see a whole new commercial department in place before too long.

Can't imagine getting low cost vans or the Hafod Tandoori to advertise in the stadium will be uppermost in the minds of anyone that comes in can you...

Why haven't the club spoken to other potential investors? Surely, there are other people out there that are interested in buying a well run Premier League football club. They may offer a better deal.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:29]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:30 - Apr 15 with 1499 viewsWarwickHunt

Will the Trust keep 21%

David Conn helped us get Rich Lillicrap's (who must be turning in his grave) obituary published in The Guardian.
There isn't anyone out there more sympathetic to fan representation and clued up on the business of football and how it can be exploited.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/23/everton-us-investors-john-m

Will be very interesting to hear his take on things...
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:31 - Apr 15 with 1483 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:30 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

David Conn helped us get Rich Lillicrap's (who must be turning in his grave) obituary published in The Guardian.
There isn't anyone out there more sympathetic to fan representation and clued up on the business of football and how it can be exploited.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/23/everton-us-investors-john-m

Will be very interesting to hear his take on things...

I must be one of many who have thought of Rich a few times this week.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:34 - Apr 15 with 1474 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:29 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

Why haven't the club spoken to other potential investors? Surely, there are other people out there that are interested in buying a well run Premier League football club. They may offer a better deal.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:29]

They may have done who knows but I am sure Huw would have mentioned it to the trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024