Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42635 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:18 - Apr 14 with 2289 viewsLandore_Jack

Huw Jenkins has screwed us big time. He should have kept all shareholders in the loop from day1. All these years working with the trust and has shafted us. We can never trust Huw again.

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:19 - Apr 14 with 2286 views3swan

I believe the sale will go ahead, will it be good for the club only time will tell but the only fact is that they will want a return on their money.

If it doesn't then where does it leave the club? Shareholders that will still want to sell and imo disgruntled that they haven't.. A working relationship that can't work?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 2257 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:15 - Apr 14 by waynekerr55

Talking of Walt Disney, how many people has he blocked tonight?

Fûcking moron that he is

Has he blocked any?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:21 - Apr 14 with 2231 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:19 - Apr 14 by 3swan

I believe the sale will go ahead, will it be good for the club only time will tell but the only fact is that they will want a return on their money.

If it doesn't then where does it leave the club? Shareholders that will still want to sell and imo disgruntled that they haven't.. A working relationship that can't work?

Yep we might as well take our chances with the Yanks. We don't know if they are scum or not yet, whereas there's no doubt about most of the current gimps.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 2211 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:19 - Apr 14 by 3swan

Sale will not go ahead until the selling shareholders have offered their shares to the trust. That is the current agreement.

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 with 2178 views3swan

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:22 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

Sale will not go ahead until the selling shareholders have offered their shares to the trust. That is the current agreement.

I agree that is the current agreement, but the Trust have already stated that they don't have the money to buy the shares
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 with 2174 viewsbarry_island

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:21 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Yep we might as well take our chances with the Yanks. We don't know if they are scum or not yet, whereas there's no doubt about most of the current gimps.

Isn't that the outcome the current board want achieved in one fell swoop?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:24 - Apr 14 with 2155 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:21 - Apr 14 by monmouth

It's a shame that thirteen years of (mostly) excellent work will get overshadowed by the sneaky way that things have been handled now, but I guess oodles of cash will make up for it.

As for the incomers, we can but hope their desire to actually make a profit will prohibit anything galactically stupid from taking place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 2133 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 by 3swan

I agree that is the current agreement, but the Trust have already stated that they don't have the money to buy the shares

Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have broken this agreement. Shares were not offered to the Trust. Legal team are on the case.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:27]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 2132 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 by 3swan

Could shareholders angry at what's gone on donate enough shares to Trust so that the Trust have the 25.1%?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:26 - Apr 14 with 2105 views3swan

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 by barry_island

Yes but unless there is some legal reason to stop the sale or the buyers think that they thought it would be easier and back out then yes it will happen
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:29 - Apr 14 with 2053 views3swan

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:25 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have broken this agreement. Shares were not offered to the Trust. Legal team are on the case.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:27]

The only outcome I can see from that is the shareholders get a slap on the wrist or a small fine (Don't know enough legally)
Still the future won't be rosy if the sale falls through. Who backs who? Vote of no confidence?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:33 - Apr 14 with 1972 viewsjojaca

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:25 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Could shareholders angry at what's gone on donate enough shares to Trust so that the Trust have the 25.1%?

Greed is good.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:33 - Apr 14 with 1967 viewsmax936

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:18 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Well, not much to be said really. What a bunch of total shits.

Stinks, I've heard plenty of stories regarding our esteemed Chairman and I really didn't believe them either, seems like I must have been wrong again, it stinks big time, shocking.

No matter how good he's been at this job, his position is untenable now surely.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 14 with 1948 viewsLandore_Jack

Thought Huw Cooze and Phil Sumbler were excellent tonight. They spoke very well and from the heart. Answered every question. Well done guys!!

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 14 with 1938 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:23 - Apr 14 by barry_island

They have already got what they want. Anyway, they can't possibly carry on now, so it's all about trying to get a decent legal protection for the trust not stopping the sale, which can't be done.

The Trust also needs to destroy any pathetic PR attempts to paint this as anything else than a despicable betrayal of the model they've all been riding on to ponce off about how wonderful they are.

I hate people that are shown to have blatantly acted in bad faith. Get them out. Boo them and spit on them in the stands. Let them take their money and f**k off. Annoyed and irrational just now. I'm thinking our club has just been outed as the same load of old shit that every other prem club is. Makes the whole thing I thought we'd all bought into a sham.

Anyone got an alternative view?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:35 - Apr 14 with 1917 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:33 - Apr 14 by jojaca

Greed is good.

Maybe, but if they aren't selling... or do have best interests of club at heart?

Seems to me your shareholders are divided rather that it being all except the Trust wanting to sell?

So 2 shareholders gifting 2% each would get the Trust to 25.1, correct?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:35 - Apr 14 with 1914 viewsbarry_island

When the other animals looked through the windows of the farmhouse, Napoleon and the other pigs were standing on their hind legs and laughing and drinking along with the farmers.

George Orwell - Animal Farm

Just smile.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:36 - Apr 14 with 1891 viewsDewi1jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:08 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

Ha, so Jenkins doing a Martinez. Saying he was in one place when actually being sopmewhere else.

"Meeting Bielsa in Argentina" must be code for "Sale of club to random Americans".

Just a little mix up.
It's easy to turn North in Florida instead of South.
We've all taken a wrong turning now and again

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 with 1853 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:35 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Maybe, but if they aren't selling... or do have best interests of club at heart?

Seems to me your shareholders are divided rather that it being all except the Trust wanting to sell?

So 2 shareholders gifting 2% each would get the Trust to 25.1, correct?

join the Trust you soooo want to fella!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 with 1853 viewsLandore_Jack

The statement Saturday was released by Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:39]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 with 1831 viewsmax936

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 14 by monmouth

They have already got what they want. Anyway, they can't possibly carry on now, so it's all about trying to get a decent legal protection for the trust not stopping the sale, which can't be done.

The Trust also needs to destroy any pathetic PR attempts to paint this as anything else than a despicable betrayal of the model they've all been riding on to ponce off about how wonderful they are.

I hate people that are shown to have blatantly acted in bad faith. Get them out. Boo them and spit on them in the stands. Let them take their money and f**k off. Annoyed and irrational just now. I'm thinking our club has just been outed as the same load of old shit that every other prem club is. Makes the whole thing I thought we'd all bought into a sham.

Anyone got an alternative view?

Nope, pretty much spot on, apart for the spitting part, but I absolutely get your point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:40 - Apr 14 with 1824 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 by Watchman

join the Trust you soooo want to fella!

Ha, no sorry. I do have vastly more respect for yours than I do ours though.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:41 - Apr 14 with 1808 viewsbarry_island

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

The statement Saturday was released by Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:39]

Are they just the fall guys?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...

This is where silence gets us.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:43 - Apr 14 with 1751 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:41 - Apr 14 by barry_island

Are they just the fall guys?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...

This is where silence gets us.

Nope. Phil confirmed it in the meeting. Leigh and Huw agreed to release that statement last Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 23:45]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024