Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42314 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:13 - Apr 14 with 2231 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:08 - Apr 14 by Watchman

Sadly though they will not want to rock the boat! too many nice freebies to lose if they did! There again if I was Steve Tucker I would be all over this like rash

If you were Steve Tucker you'd be a laughing stock.

All over this like a rash? The guy flipped between hating red - loving red - wanting blue back. Every article he writes is utter b****ocks with glaring factual errors interspersed wth faux intellectual arty farty allusions and imagery.

He's still employed due to being cheap....

He's as much an investigative journalist as I'm a cross dressing vegetarian Labour voter...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:13 - Apr 14 with 2230 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 by blaine_scfc

Just back from work, pretty damning words by HC, good on him. However stupid this sounds, It's been clear me since Jack to a King that the board could give two f*cks about the trust, they've been looking to sell up for some time, to do it behind the supporters trust stinks. Business is ruthless though, personal dollar first, club second.

Can see things getting pretty hostile in the coming weeks if I'm honest.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:14 - Apr 14 with 2224 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:11 - Apr 14 by Borojack

Phil.
Why do you think the sellers went behind the trusts back.
At the end of the day the trust could not stop the sale and possibly a lot of the anger on here tonight could have been avoided.

For the reasons we were given

1. We weren't' going to sell (which we havent said)
2. That they didnt want it leaked (or I think the words were to keep it confidential)

Those are the reasons we were given
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:16 - Apr 14 with 2198 viewsNeathJack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:14 - Apr 14 by Phil_S

2. That they didnt want it leaked (or I think the words were to keep it confidential)

Didn't want it leaked = Didn't want the fans to find out as they may scupper the whole thing.

Utterly contemptible.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:19 - Apr 14 with 2167 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:09 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Yeah, however...

The other side got their info out first. They set the agenda. It's as simple as that.

Media may report fans anger but it'll be couched or easily deflected - "why, we want to invest in your mighty fine club, yee-haaa. SOME fans are upset and being irrational...."

Most fans are casual. Read the media. From their point of view, they see the points, 100m investment. Stadium purchase and expansion. It's all great and rosy from that initial report. Do they care or worry about the intricate details and consequences? Nah. they just want investment to take club to next level as the initial report claims.

AS they got their info out first, criticism et al will be deflected as being from a minority section.

An intelligent lady tonight thinks that a retraction should be made by the media regarding the word investment,
...rather than taking over shares of current shareholders.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:19 - Apr 14 with 2167 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:16 - Apr 14 by NeathJack

Didn't want it leaked = Didn't want the fans to find out as they may scupper the whole thing.

Utterly contemptible.

Sadly that seems to be the case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:20 - Apr 14 with 2154 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Phil, do you think one or two angry shareholders might lend the Trust voting rights of 4% of the shares or even vote with the Trust on certain matters?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 2150 viewsTim_Harry

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:10 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

Shocked and saddened as well, not that it's happened as I expected it would this summer, but very very sad at the subterfuge.

I sat in a meeting about 14 years or so ago, maybe a bit longer, with one of the people involved in this. It was a meeting in the Harry Griffiths bar with Silver Shield and Mike Lewis, both of whom, as most will remember, were linked with Keith Harris. Not in a million years did I think the person that sat next to me that evening would, 14 or 15 years later, employ the same Keith Harris to organise the sale of the club behind the backs of the people he stood so vocally with on that evening.

But I tell you something. Nothing that anyone can do for money will alter the fact that whether we are in the premier league or the second division of the bloody Aldi Southern Welsh League this is OUR club. We are not the same as all the others, whoever nominally owns us. THIS IS OUR CLUB and no one can sell that.

I wish I could agree with that last bit. But that's what is most depressing about all of this. It won't be our club any more. We can say it it, but it isn't. Cardiff fans always say that. But it's not their club at all. It's Vincent Tan's.

We're just going to be another business owned by some Americans that just care about how much money 'the business' can generate. If things don't work out we can have what's left.

I saw Martin Morgan earlier. Wish I'd tw*tted him now. Utterly pissed off tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 2130 viewsBorojack

Thanks for the reply seems totally non sensical to me though.
Why they would not want the trust and the fans on board.
They will have there millions but there reputations are in tatters if they were above board could have had both.
A very sad day for our club.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:22 - Apr 14 with 2120 viewsLandore_Jack

Who are the two angry shareholders?

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:25 - Apr 14 with 2076 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:21 - Apr 14 by Tim_Harry

I wish I could agree with that last bit. But that's what is most depressing about all of this. It won't be our club any more. We can say it it, but it isn't. Cardiff fans always say that. But it's not their club at all. It's Vincent Tan's.

We're just going to be another business owned by some Americans that just care about how much money 'the business' can generate. If things don't work out we can have what's left.

I saw Martin Morgan earlier. Wish I'd tw*tted him now. Utterly pissed off tonight.

Yes, it's Tan's. He owns the shares. As long term readers of my ramblings would know, I don't regard him as the anti-christ. Kit colour change aside, I'd say he's made mistakes which you'd expect from a new owner but he's finally doing what should have been done in the first case. Namely not blindly trusting managers to do the right thing financially, getting wage bill under control etc.

The problem is fans still want a bottomless pit of money to be spent.

From my perspective, it's still our club. Fans have changed - the overwhelming number were never there in the bad old days of the lowest division.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:26 - Apr 14 with 2061 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:11 - Apr 14 by Borojack

Phil.
Why do you think the sellers went behind the trusts back.
At the end of the day the trust could not stop the sale and possibly a lot of the anger on here tonight could have been avoided.

they simply could not give a fugh mate! #simples.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:27 - Apr 14 with 2035 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:13 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

If you were Steve Tucker you'd be a laughing stock.

All over this like a rash? The guy flipped between hating red - loving red - wanting blue back. Every article he writes is utter b****ocks with glaring factual errors interspersed wth faux intellectual arty farty allusions and imagery.

He's still employed due to being cheap....

He's as much an investigative journalist as I'm a cross dressing vegetarian Labour voter...

yep all true but what would he care if dragged the name of scfc in the mud and sold a few column inches

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:29 - Apr 14 with 2000 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:21 - Apr 14 by Tim_Harry

Nah. The money and the players' wages and the sponsorship and the international deals and the shirts and the stadium naming rights - these are all things that can be earned and paid for and bought and sold.

The heart of the club can never be sold.

I'm p****d off as well, and feel let down and lied to. But they can never take away that feeling that I had on Saturday when Gylfi scored. That's what makes it mine. The U.S. owners will never feel that - never. So it will never actually belong to them, however much money they pay.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:29 - Apr 14 with 1999 viewsswancity

It's disgraceful.

Greed can affect anyone. No one is immune especially if millions of pounds are involved. Of all the people involved the one I feel for more than any other is Huw Cooze ( who I do not know personally ). It's a bloody shambles, the clock has been wound back 14 years.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:30 - Apr 14 with 1997 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:19 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

An intelligent lady tonight thinks that a retraction should be made by the media regarding the word investment,
...rather than taking over shares of current shareholders.

would never retract as they would lose any possibility of any scoop and freebie that the EPL brings
they write what they are briefed to write

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:31 - Apr 14 with 1987 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:27 - Apr 14 by Watchman

yep all true but what would he care if dragged the name of scfc in the mud and sold a few column inches

Tucker would rather drag our name into the mud tbh.

You're talking about a media outlet that spent a year slagging Russell Slade off then turned tack and asked why fans weren't getting behind him. Then in recent weeks have urged fans to get behind Slade...

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:33 - Apr 14 with 1940 viewsdougie

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:39 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

The statement Saturday was released by Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:39]

Crap. That's a lie sorry. I have no sympathy for them but that's wrong. It was released by the yanks
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:35 - Apr 14 with 1910 viewsswancity

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:29 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

Nah. The money and the players' wages and the sponsorship and the international deals and the shirts and the stadium naming rights - these are all things that can be earned and paid for and bought and sold.

The heart of the club can never be sold.

I'm p****d off as well, and feel let down and lied to. But they can never take away that feeling that I had on Saturday when Gylfi scored. That's what makes it mine. The U.S. owners will never feel that - never. So it will never actually belong to them, however much money they pay.

All you are talking about there are fans emotions.

The heart can and is being sold. This is what happens in the modern world of Premier League football. It's the way it's been handled is the shocking part.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:38 - Apr 14 with 1865 viewsmax936

Just hope all this doesn't affect the players for Saturday and whats left of the season.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:38 - Apr 14 with 1858 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:35 - Apr 14 by swancity

The heart can and is being sold. This is what happens in the modern world of Premier League football. It's the way it's been handled is the shocking part.

Can see the NBA coming out of retirement

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:38 - Apr 14 with 1857 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:33 - Apr 14 by dougie

Crap. That's a lie sorry. I have no sympathy for them but that's wrong. It was released by the yanks

Both sides blaming the other. Worth noting the OS press release had a direct quote from Huw Jenkins.

Difficult to take anyone at their word at this exact moment.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:41 - Apr 14 with 1821 viewsBLAZE

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:09 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Yeah, however...

The other side got their info out first. They set the agenda. It's as simple as that.

Media may report fans anger but it'll be couched or easily deflected - "why, we want to invest in your mighty fine club, yee-haaa. SOME fans are upset and being irrational...."

Most fans are casual. Read the media. From their point of view, they see the points, 100m investment. Stadium purchase and expansion. It's all great and rosy from that initial report. Do they care or worry about the intricate details and consequences? Nah. they just want investment to take club to next level as the initial report claims.

AS they got their info out first, criticism et al will be deflected as being from a minority section.

I fear you're correct. I've spoken to a few fans who don't bother with the online community side of the club and they were totally for the investment, oblivious to the concerns raised elsewhere amongst the fan base

'We need investment to reach the next level'

'Huw Jenkins is staying on, it's orite'

'Theyre promising to expand the stadium'

Yada yada. Swallowed the media charm offensive in one bite, no questions asked. Don't think the local press have enough integrity to fairly and accurately cover the other side of the argument - too much at stake for them
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:42 - Apr 14 with 1819 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:38 - Apr 14 by Uxbridge

Both sides blaming the other. Worth noting the OS press release had a direct quote from Huw Jenkins.

Difficult to take anyone at their word at this exact moment.

Makes little difference 4 months of scheming.
Piss poor from a board we should have been able to trust.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:47 - Apr 14 with 1753 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:35 - Apr 14 by swancity

It's emotion and history and memories and family. That's the heart of the club.

Just don't allow them to take it from you. The Americans are no more or less fans than the current lot are anymore. They have lost the stuff that made it theirs. I feel sorry for them. They don't have a club anymore however many times they tweet STiD. We do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024