Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread 14:29 - Apr 14 with 37539 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 14:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - Apr 16 with 2305 viewsmonmouth

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:59 - Apr 16 by max936

I almost felt tearful when Gomis came on as l knew our day was done then he missed that glorious chance when it was still 1-0 l couldn't contain myself and said some serious nasty language, his pass to Montero was superb though, a footballer paid at least 30k a week who can't kick a fuking tin with his right foot can't be right can it,

Gomes did ok today. The first touch to create his chance was excellent and he took the shot early for once, which i'd prefer. I thought that was actually unlucky. And the control and pass for monitor was superb. You just can't trust him though and so he's not what we need.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Apr 16 with 2176 viewsjacabertawe

Just a well Chelsea were not able to put out full strength team last week.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:25 - Apr 16 with 2157 viewsDavillin

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 16:47 - Apr 16 by Smellyplumz

How the fk were they lucky really, we have been taken apart by Newcastle, Newcastle!

Correction -- Newcastle without Shelvey.

When he did come on [to thunderous applause], he contributed nothing. Gave away his first three passes, when I stopped counting.

p.s. I am not picking on Shelvey because he no longer means shit to me -- just pointing out facts.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:27 - Apr 16 with 2153 viewsDavillin

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 16:47 - Apr 16 by Phaedrus

I havent heard Siggurdson mentioned since he ballooned that free kick into the Tyne.

He slipped on a bad patch on the pitch, and fell. Be fair.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Apr 16 with 2147 viewsmonmouth

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Apr 16 by jacabertawe

Just a well Chelsea were not able to put out full strength team last week.

Yes, because last week was exactly the same as this week, and context makes no difference at all. Come on. We could have beaten Chelsea 4-0 last week and they couldn't complain. Or are you saying a weakened Chelsea are weak/ In which case you need to have a lie down.

Lose last week, I think we'd have won this. The circumstances simply can't be ignored.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:29 - Apr 16 with 2146 viewsmonmouth

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:27 - Apr 16 by Davillin

He slipped on a bad patch on the pitch, and fell. Be fair.

Definitely fell over just before connecting. But he wasn't in the game at all.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Apr 16 with 2124 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I know everyone is very disappointed by that result.
But to say the players from 1 to 11 did not try is being insulting to the players.
How can anyone say Montero didn't try?
That Paloschi didn't try?
That is not say we played very much good football despite all the passing, very much of it quite poor.
The stats that say it all are
Newcastle 12 shots and 7 on target.
Swansea 11 shots and only 1 on target.
Newcastle 3 corners (2 goals).
Swansea 11 corners (0 goals)
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 18:41]
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:40 - Apr 16 with 2092 viewsStarsky

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:59 - Apr 16 by max936

I almost felt tearful when Gomis came on as l knew our day was done then he missed that glorious chance when it was still 1-0 l couldn't contain myself and said some serious nasty language, his pass to Montero was superb though, a footballer paid at least 30k a week who can't kick a fuking tin with his right foot can't be right can it,

Correct, it can't be right... £60k a week

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:45 - Apr 16 with 2060 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Apr 16 by A_Fans_Dad

But to say the players from 1 to 11 did not try is being insulting to the players.
That is not say we played very much good football despite all the passing, very much of it quite poor.

You can stop bringing facts into the equation. Tut tut not in the rules.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:47 - Apr 16 with 2045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Apr 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Either we just expected to roll them over and didn't put the required effort in or we thought we were already over the line. Either way a poor display of attitude and application. Newcastle were rubbish but still beat us easily. Bet Huw and Co are having kittens , must be bracing themselves for a revised down offer. Serve the greedy b*St@rds right

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 2014 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Apr 16 by EasternJack

Well - it was on HD TV here for me and I really didn't see anyone perform.

Fer's silly early yellow and the later failed attempt at a Cruyff Turn when defending 30 yards out marked his card for me.

Cork was ok, but we were overrun in the middle throughout the first half - he had no chance. Ironically, a switch to the diamond may have given us more control when the game was more open.

I didn't see the Cruyff turn as my feed had frozen yet again. The commentators did say he'd tried something fancy and lost the ball - that must have been it.

I was trying to find small positives to be honest - the whole game was utter crap :-)
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:05 - Apr 16 with 1926 viewsLoyal

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:29 - Apr 16 by jacksfullaces

apparently nearly 600 passes to their 300

yes I know it's what you do with it that counts but ffs calm down

they wanted it more, had more to play for, whatever....

that's what got us over the line against norwich and villa

anyone would think we are entitled to be world beaters. there is a reason we have been down there all season. lots of work to do to stand still in this league.

huw and co need to take their eyes off their wallets this summer though. that for me is more of a worry.

All that is required is effort ffs !
Lose ten nil I don't care if we go down bleeding from very fcking hole.

No entitlement to anything just fcking effort !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:08 - Apr 16 with 1926 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:05 - Apr 16 by Loyal

All that is required is effort ffs !
Lose ten nil I don't care if we go down bleeding from very fcking hole.

No entitlement to anything just fcking effort !

The way we've just been bwmed we should be

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:13 - Apr 16 with 1908 viewsbonymine

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:08 - Apr 16 by Brynmill_Jack

The way we've just been bwmed we should be

F*cking predictive again !!

I predict you'll get pi$$ed tonight down the Rhyddings by any chance ? Great pub in it's day that 😉
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 19:14]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:17 - Apr 16 with 1890 viewsairedale

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:13 - Apr 16 by bonymine

I predict you'll get pi$$ed tonight down the Rhyddings by any chance ? Great pub in it's day that 😉

Crap landlord in the 1970s. Very unpleasant place for youngsters.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:19 - Apr 16 with 1874 viewsbonymine

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:17 - Apr 16 by airedale

Crap landlord in the 1970s. Very unpleasant place for youngsters.

Mid 1980's my era

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:37 - Apr 16 with 1807 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:45 - Apr 16 by Treforys_Jack

You can stop bringing facts into the equation. Tut tut not in the rules.

We can't defend corners and we can't score from them either.
That's another fact for you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:02 - Apr 16 with 1736 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:13 - Apr 16 by bonymine

My usual haunt is the tavern on matchdays and for the odd midweek night out but the newly done out Bryn y mor is very nice indeed. Just a quiet Cobra or two in the house tonight though

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:11 - Apr 16 with 1695 viewsDarran

A mate of mine used to frequent the Rhyddngs a lot back in the day,Clive Skone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:20 - Apr 16 with 1673 viewsbonymine

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:11 - Apr 16 by Darran

A mate of mine used to frequent the Rhyddngs a lot back in the day,Clive Skone.

I am a Sandfields boy Darr but Yes I Remember Clive plus ;

Andy Hole
Brooksy
Jerome
Kevin Roberts

Shades on a Sunday night 👌👌

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:22 - Apr 16 with 1664 viewsDarran

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:20 - Apr 16 by bonymine

I am a Sandfields boy Darr but Yes I Remember Clive plus ;

Andy Hole
Brooksy
Jerome
Kevin Roberts

Shades on a Sunday night 👌👌

I haven't seen him for years,he got sacked from the steelworks for nipping out to Taibach Rugby Club for a pint.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:33 - Apr 16 with 1642 viewsbonymine

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:22 - Apr 16 by Darran

I haven't seen him for years,he got sacked from the steelworks for nipping out to Taibach Rugby Club for a pint.

Taibach Rugby Club remember a right old fisticuffs there at an Ospreys Awards night I think ?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:35 - Apr 16 with 1634 viewsDarran

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:33 - Apr 16 by bonymine

Taibach Rugby Club remember a right old fisticuffs there at an Ospreys Awards night I think ?

Yeah that's right Christmas do a few years ago.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:42 - Apr 16 with 1621 viewsbonymine

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:35 - Apr 16 by Darran

Yeah that's right Christmas do a few years ago.

Was also on holidays in Tenerife with a couple from Taibach, Steve was an animal done me drinking every night fell down stairs etc...

SandfieldsBoyNaieve....

🖕🖕🖕

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 01:21 - Apr 17 with 1351 viewsbuilthjack

Just in, great night in Newcastle. Still gutted the way we played.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024