Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These last 8 games 11:35 - Apr 17 with 2164 viewskarnataka

Seems to me that yesterday's performance was just the latest in a pattern so shouldn't have come as a great surprise.

Spurs - battling performance, still leading with 20 to go, unlucky not to get a point

Arsenal - battling performance, dug deep and nicked all 3 points

Norwich - poor performance, fortunate to scrape a 1-0

Bournemouth - a performance riddled with errors

Villa - another poor performance, another scraped 1-0

Stoke - great 2nd half fight back to snatch a deserved point

Chelsea - best performance in quite a while and should have won more comfortably

Newcastle - well below par and got what we deserved

So when we play a top half team we turn up and give a decent account of ourselves but play a team struggling and we're woeful. It's not just the last 8 either, we were unlucky not to get anything away to both Manc clubs but put in poor performances against Watford despite the result and Sunderland despite the poor officials and just didn't play well enough against WBA and Palace when both were there for the taking.

There are exceptions of course, we didn't look like beating Saints for example but generally that had been the pattern and I don't really understand why.

But when someone reckons we won't get any more points this season, recent history might suggest we will.
These last 8 games on 12:40 - Apr 17 with 2075 viewsJethroJack

Good post....12 pts it is then 😊
These last 8 games on 13:05 - Apr 17 with 2028 viewsPegojack

Could it be that we do better against teams who have the confidence to come and attack us and play a more open game? Strugglers play more defensively and we can't break them down so easily.

And why aren't you using that photo I sent you for your new avatar?
These last 8 games on 15:42 - Apr 17 with 1932 viewsJackFish

These last 8 games on 13:05 - Apr 17 by Pegojack

Could it be that we do better against teams who have the confidence to come and attack us and play a more open game? Strugglers play more defensively and we can't break them down so easily.

Exactly. It's not a fluke that we've got three wins and a draw from our last three trips to the Emirates.
These last 8 games on 16:42 - Apr 17 with 1854 viewsdickythorpe

It's football init!

My coupon was destroyed by wigan losing to lowly Doncaster and oxford losing to Luton
These last 8 games on 16:44 - Apr 17 with 1849 viewskarnataka

Well that did occur to me but there's a difference between not being able to break teams down and playing badly. It's quite possible to play well and still struggle to break down a team that parks the bus but Newcastle didn't do that yesterday and the fact is, we played poorly against Norwich and Villa.

And I've changed my avatar anyway!
These last 8 games on 16:50 - Apr 17 with 1827 viewsLeonisGod

We do raise our performance against the better sides. Doesn't necessarily equate to points though. Aren't Arsenal the only team in the top 8/10 that we've beaten?

I suspect yesterday was more about the huge weight lifted off our shoulders against Chelsea. We were either going to relax and lose focus againdt Newcastle, or let the shackles off and play with no fear. Seems like we got the former. Kick up arses needed and a reminder that the season isn't over. And as you say, as we raise out game against better footballing sides, hopefully we'll get a good reaction and performance against Liverpool.
These last 8 games on 17:29 - Apr 17 with 1743 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These last 8 games on 16:50 - Apr 17 by LeonisGod

We do raise our performance against the better sides. Doesn't necessarily equate to points though. Aren't Arsenal the only team in the top 8/10 that we've beaten?

I suspect yesterday was more about the huge weight lifted off our shoulders against Chelsea. We were either going to relax and lose focus againdt Newcastle, or let the shackles off and play with no fear. Seems like we got the former. Kick up arses needed and a reminder that the season isn't over. And as you say, as we raise out game against better footballing sides, hopefully we'll get a good reaction and performance against Liverpool.

Can't we have one for Leicester then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

These last 8 games on 17:38 - Apr 17 with 1718 viewsJethroJack

These last 8 games on 16:50 - Apr 17 by LeonisGod

Top 10....we've beaten Utd & Chelsea, as well as Arsenal.
Login to get fewer ads

These last 8 games on 18:13 - Apr 17 with 1652 viewsjack247

Yes. That's been the case since we have been here. If teams attack us, sometimes they beat us, sometimes they leave gaps and we exploit them, it's why we have a good record against the bigger teams. When teams try to suffocate us they often manage it.
These last 8 games on 12:20 - Apr 18 with 1329 viewskarnataka

These last 8 games on 18:13 - Apr 17 by jack247

Yes. That's been the case since we have been here. If teams attack us, sometimes they beat us, sometimes they leave gaps and we exploit them, it's why we have a good record against the bigger teams. When teams try to suffocate us they often manage it.

Agreed, but as I said before, It's quite possible to play well and still struggle to break down a team that parks the bus. Newcastle didn't park the bus on Saturday, we had plenty of space to exploit but we played poorly and we also played poorly against Norwich and Villa who, although they were more negative than Newcastle, still allowed us plenty of space. Just because a team doesn't come at us cannot be a reason to constantly misplace passes, fail to move off the ball, defend badly and show little effort. Those things are all down to our own attitude, effort, application and concentration all of which were nowhere near the level they should have been on Saturday.
These last 8 games on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 1236 viewswaynekerr55

These last 8 games on 16:42 - Apr 17 by dickythorpe

It's football init!

My coupon was destroyed by wigan losing to lowly Doncaster and oxford losing to Luton

Anxmawoan

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

These last 8 games on 13:47 - Apr 18 with 1224 viewsdickythorpe

These last 8 games on 13:40 - Apr 18 by waynekerr55

Anxmawoan

Yes, them as well lost to SCouSe tOwERs!!!
These last 8 games on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1216 viewsjack247

These last 8 games on 12:20 - Apr 18 by karnataka

Agreed, but as I said before, It's quite possible to play well and still struggle to break down a team that parks the bus. Newcastle didn't park the bus on Saturday, we had plenty of space to exploit but we played poorly and we also played poorly against Norwich and Villa who, although they were more negative than Newcastle, still allowed us plenty of space. Just because a team doesn't come at us cannot be a reason to constantly misplace passes, fail to move off the ball, defend badly and show little effort. Those things are all down to our own attitude, effort, application and concentration all of which were nowhere near the level they should have been on Saturday.

We were just shit on Saturday. Newcastle would have beaten us had they attacked us or parked the bus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024