Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexiters, why? 12:51 - Apr 22 with 28328 viewsthe_oracle

When are the Brexiters going to be honest about the reason they want out?
By any objective view business says stay in. Support from the IMF, CBI big businesses like BT vodaphone, Marks and Spencers, BAE, Easy Jet etc etc. World leader say stay in to protect our position as a world power, to hold the EU together, prevent conflict etc. Unions cite worker’s protection as a reason to stay in. All the main parties support in, the Treasury says in. There are warnings from EU leaders that if we are not part of the club we will have serious problems.
I have not heard a single cogent reason, financially, to get out. Kate Hoey one of the Brexit leaders embarrassingly couldn’t site a single report saying why we would be better off. A few politicians led by Boris and Farage are for out. That’s it. There is no clear explanation of what happens next from them, they just don’t seem to know.
Everything seems to point to the view that “remain” is right.
So be honest, Brexiters, is it immigration?
Brexiters, why? on 19:48 - May 4 with 2474 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 19:06 - May 4 by Davillin

Now let me see, you've read the Patriot Act, the ESM Treaty, and ]i]The Protocols of Zion, then.

And the "ridiculous extension of power that the U.S. has tried to impose on the rest of the world" is what?

Why am I wasting my time when I know you write about things you don't know about as if you did? Back to the ignore phase for me.

No. I worked in the City for many years (global restructuring if you are interested - particularly US based) and during that time I guest lectured extensively on a range of financial topics including anti money laundering legislation for all the major banks. As such, my knowledge of the Patriot Act is practical rather than simply theoretical.

The ESM has been around for about 4 years now. It has been commented on extensively during that time, in particular during the period of the Greek bailout. I would suggest reading the Financial Times on the subject.

The Protocols of Zion I have not read (bits but not all). But reading them doesn't actually matter - it's a fake, and I can't for the life of me see what changes by reading it. I don't much care if it's a well written fake, or a believable fake. I just care that it's a fake. The topic was discussed on here relatively recently where the book that it was plagiarised from - Maurice Joly's "Dialogue in Hell..." was one that you claimed (despite what you termed 'extensive research' or similar) no knowledge of.

Ignoring people that have different opinions to you or trying to claim intellectual superiority to them or belittle them when you know nothing of them is the sign of a closed and unquestioning mind. Your loss.
Brexiters, why? on 20:15 - May 4 with 2450 viewsVinnie

Democracy.
Brexiters, why? on 20:26 - May 4 with 2441 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 20:15 - May 4 by Vinnie

Democracy.

An illusion, and not just in the EU.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexiters, why? on 20:36 - May 4 with 2427 viewsDr_Winston

Not sure why Protocols of Blah Blah keep getting cited. You might as well base economic policy on Game of Thrones. At least that's got tits in it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexiters, why? on 20:38 - May 4 with 2424 viewsLord_Bony

And very nice ones they are too Herr Doktor.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Brexiters, why? on 20:39 - May 4 with 2419 viewsDr_Winston

Ros was a great loss to the series.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexiters, why? on 20:42 - May 4 with 2417 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 20:26 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

An illusion, and not just in the EU.

Quite.

The Chinese announce manufacturing figures for the quarter and our pensions are affected.

The US change interest rates and our currency is affected when we go on holiday to Spain and when we sell stuff to India.

None of it matters anymore. Our governments just play round the edges.
Brexiters, why? on 20:43 - May 4 with 2415 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 20:36 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

Not sure why Protocols of Blah Blah keep getting cited. You might as well base economic policy on Game of Thrones. At least that's got tits in it.

I must be the only person in the country who has never seen a single episode.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexiters, why? on 20:45 - May 4 with 2411 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 20:43 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

No you're not. Count me in to the "never seen it" gang.

Brexiters, why? on 20:46 - May 4 with 2410 viewsLord_Bony

Brexiters, why? on 20:39 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

Ros was a great loss to the series.

Indeed she had the best pair of knockers in the "7 Kingdoms"

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Brexiters, why? on 20:46 - May 4 with 2408 viewsGowerjack

Brexiters, why? on 20:43 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Brexiters, why? on 20:48 - May 4 with 2403 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 20:45 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

No you're not. Count me in to the "never seen it" gang.

Oh good - everyone I know talks about it and I've no idea what on earth they're going on about.

I never like any of the Lord of The Rings type stuff so I assume I wouldn't like this.
Brexiters, why? on 20:50 - May 4 with 2399 viewsDr_Winston

Brexiters, why? on 20:48 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

Oh good - everyone I know talks about it and I've no idea what on earth they're going on about.

I never like any of the Lord of The Rings type stuff so I assume I wouldn't like this.

It's absolutely nothing like Lord of the Rings.

More like The Godfather with boobies and occasional zombies/dragons.

Brexiters, why? on 20:52 - May 4 with 2391 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 20:48 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

My Mrs loves Game of Thrones. I have no interest. I used to enjoy the LotR films but I can't watch them now. Overlong and humourless. And don't get me started on The Hobbit trilogy.

Brexiters, why? on 20:53 - May 4 with 2389 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 20:50 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

It's absolutely nothing like Lord of the Rings.

More like The Godfather with boobies and occasional zombies/dragons.

You haven't really sold it to me if I'm honest

(I do like Godfather though). It's the dragons type stuff that made me think of Lord of the Rings.
Brexiters, why? on 20:57 - May 4 with 2370 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexiters, why? on 20:52 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

My Mrs loves Game of Thrones. I have no interest. I used to enjoy the LotR films but I can't watch them now. Overlong and humourless. And don't get me started on The Hobbit trilogy.

No - I didn't like the books either.

The problem with Game of Thrones is there have been so many now it'd take weeks of intensive watching to catch up and I can't be bothered. Too much other stuff that I still haven't watched even though I've had the box sets for ages. Doing The Tunnel series 1 at the moment after someone on here recommended it. I'm quite enjoying it.
Brexiters, why? on 21:02 - May 4 with 2359 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 20:57 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

The problem with Game of Thrones is there have been so many now it'd take weeks of intensive watching to catch up and I can't be bothered. Too much other stuff that I still haven't watched even though I've had the box sets for ages. Doing The Tunnel series 1 at the moment after someone on here recommended it. I'm quite enjoying it.

I loved the LotR books. My Mrs started watching the Tunnel but gave it up cos she says its a straight remake of The Bridge. I've never seen either.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 21:22]

Brexiters, why? on 21:10 - May 4 with 2343 viewsLord_Bony

Brexiters, why? on 20:57 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I m not a TV kind of guy but while we re on the history of Europe here may I recommend one series that I have watched and absolutely loved. That is Vikings.

Available on Netflix and Amazon (free for you cheapskates with Kodi etc).

So good I had to start from the beginning and watch all 4 series....absolute class...

Brexiters, why? on 21:12 - May 4 with 2339 viewsDr_Winston

Brexiters, why? on 20:53 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

You haven't really sold it to me if I'm honest

(I do like Godfather though). It's the dragons type stuff that made me think of Lord of the Rings.

They're in it a bit but not much yet.

The historical parallels and political maneuverings are what make it for me. It's widely known that the writer (George RR Martin) largely based the story on the Wars of the Roses featuring the Lancasters (Lannisters) and Yorks (Starks), with lots of other juicy bits chucked in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024