Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BHS The end of an era 13:55 - Apr 25 with 4633 viewsLord_Bony

11,000 jobs to go including the closure of the Swansea branch.

The present owners bought it for a pound off Philip Greene took out a couple of million for themselves then put it into administration...that's not right..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36123444

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

BHS The end of an era on 18:57 - Apr 26 with 793 viewsmonmouth

BHS The end of an era on 18:55 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

I called into the Newport branch today out of curiosity and I have to say...jeez..it was like shopping in the 70s I dont think anything has changed except decimalization on the price tags.

The place was grubby,plain and run down...its obvious the company needed investment put back in not money taken out. Huge store but what a waste of space,yes they love their light fitting dept there as well!

In my opinion that brand and their stores could have been turned around big time if someone had put in the TLC required and sold things that were more flavour of the month....the place was packed out and the tills busy...albeit for mainly the senior citizens.

What a waste of another great British institution.

"it was like shopping in the 70s I dont think anything has changed except decimalization on the price tags. "

Well what did you expect in Newport? Nothing to do with BHS mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BHS The end of an era on 18:59 - Apr 26 with 789 viewsLord_Bony

BHS The end of an era on 18:57 - Apr 26 by monmouth

"it was like shopping in the 70s I dont think anything has changed except decimalization on the price tags. "

Well what did you expect in Newport? Nothing to do with BHS mun.

Ha..Newport's not that bad mate,I ve just opened a new shop there...am luvin that new Friars Walk complex...big improvement on that nightmare that was there before!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

BHS The end of an era on 19:04 - Apr 26 with 780 viewsmonmouth

BHS The end of an era on 18:59 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

Ha..Newport's not that bad mate,I ve just opened a new shop there...am luvin that new Friars Walk complex...big improvement on that nightmare that was there before!

I saw a pound shop in Newport last time I was there.

"Everything 50p"

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BHS The end of an era on 19:06 - Apr 26 with 778 viewsLord_Bony

Well they got to have half price sales as well mun...

BHS The end of an era on 14:44 - Apr 27 with 657 viewswaynekerr55

What about a Fostech Origin 12

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

BHS The end of an era on 07:16 - Jul 25 with 437 viewsLord_Bony

Sir Philip Green slammed in the press for plundering BHS. Made an absolute fortune out of it along with the other parasites that sucked the life blood out of the company. May be stepped of his knighthood.

11,000 jobs and 22,000 pensions at risk.

Could have been avoided.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/25/bhs-demise-sir-philip-green-rep

BHS The end of an era on 07:29 - Jul 25 with 417 viewsbuilthjack

Any ordinary person would be done for fraud. Connections eh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024